Tiga

Armored Warriors

Rei glanced at the selection. Picking the heart shaped leaves and the red flower. The there was the flower. It looked like a poppy. And the leaves were whatever was left over. "Done! Although... I only have two. There was no more left..." he announced with a smile, revealing his choices.

Lithi inwardly growled. Coiling up, she snarled angrily. "WARRIORS GET OVER HERE!!" She sat impatiently. If no warrior showed up, then no warrior was to go on the journey. Simple as. She hadn't told the hatchlings, nor the trainers about that. That whichever hatchlings weren't good enough, they would return home.

((Clue there. Inactive charries will be removed))

Chesu

"Alright, now let me evaluate your choices.." She walked down the row."Eat your food."

Demeter

Upon hearing the last order, Demeter chowed down into her 'salad.' She burped after she was done and watched the others.

Were they really going to make him eat it? Giving a slight concerned look to Thece, he began to eat the red flower. Bitter, but fine, and gave a nice, sweet aftertaste. Turning to the leaves, he bit one in half. It tasted salty, but earthy, with the scent of grass. Pulling a face, he finished his two items. "Done...." he added, glancing to the blind hatchling.

(What are you confused about? Inactive characters? And as stated above, use brackets)

user posted image

"WARRIORS GET OVER HERE!!"

A loud shrill voice peirced the air like a knife, ringing through the ears of the young frill dragon.

She gritted her teeth in irritation and paced around for a breif moment, her talons digging into the soft soil below.

"What does she want?" Frithra asked irritably. With agonizing slowness, she stalked over to where the black dragon sat. She swung her head from side to side, her frills flaring for a breif moment.

She just hoped that she was clear.

She did not like loud voices. And they were not tolerated- for her at least. With out a word, she plopped down next to the adult.

She flicked her tail, the slimmed, thin end of it curling in a deadly like manner.

While she sat quietly, she took the time to look around observe and look around the peaceful camp.

She narrowed her eyes, her muscles tensing and rippling underneath her green skin.

Why would her parents just send her here? What were these dragons doing, taking hatchlings away from their safe homes and forcing them to do stuff that just didn't feel right?

Whatever it was, she was going to find out. And she needed to start now.

((Please don't take this as a major plot.))

user posted image

"Ok, listen up! I need all the healers to head to the Healer's Tent! Training will commence shortly. And who knows? Maybe you'll get ribbons afterward!~"

The Winter Magi lifted his head up as he listened to the call, recognizing the dragon's voice. The command to go to the Healer's Tent and mention of training made Icarus flick his tail and blink slowly.

So, that dragon was my trainer. That's...good. I know who my trainer is and, now, I'll be trained as a Healer. Trained to...help others? Who am I going to be helping? But...does it even matter that I don't know?

Giving himself a small shake, Icarus raised himself up and turned his head towards where the voice had seemed to come from. Taking in a breath of cold air, the Winter Magi caught the scent of Shade, one of the dragons who had talked to him when he had first got here. He was a Healer like Icarus, so the hatchling turned his head this way and that to catch the wisps of scent. After a second, he started to follow the trail, sometimes getting off track when a breeze bushed the path around.

Taking a few minutes, the Winter Magi finally felt the presence of an entrance and slipped inside, shivering as the slightly warmer atmosphere drove the cold away. Sniffing the air again, he squinted his eyes and flicked his tongue out at the variety of smells in the tent.

While he could smell Shade and his trainer, there were foreign trails floating around. Sharp, icy scents entangled with sour, pungent trails, accompanied by dry, brittle smells. They were all so strange, much different from the ones that he had eaten. These felt more...purposeful, maybe? Icarus couldn't pinpoint what they meant, but he knew that he was supposed to be here, with the adult dragon, the first adult who had spoken to him in this camp, and Shade, his fellow Healer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

"Eat your food."

Another hatchling had appeared, a blue one not too different from the legless Thece. Shinzu blinked slowly as he scanned him, but dismissed him quickly enough. His trainer, Chesu, ordered that they now eat and the Moonstone glanced over to see the other two gulp down their 'salads'.

Alright, lets see if I got the answers right for this test.

The brown mushroom was easy enough, the texture rough and unappetizing. Shinzu disliked actually having to chew it up; he was a Moonstone Dragon and, as such, he usually got sustenance from the moon. The blue flower went just like the mushroom, with little affect on him besides the bitter tang it left on his tongue. Licking his lips and narrowing his eyes, Shinzu stared at the last object he had to eat. The fruit would have looked simple enough had it been spineless.

Gingerly picking it up by one long spike, the Moonstone hatchling scanned its skin, looking for an opening. There was none, at least that he could find with his eyes. Carefully laying it on the dirt ground, Shinzu snatched his tail up and positioned the stone above the fruit. After a second of thought, he let gravity take his tail from him and the stone dropped.

It didn't come out the way he had planned. Instead of smashing the fruit and letting him get the flesh under the skin (which would be covered with dirt, but he had no other plans), his stone scrapped against the fruits spines and only just tapped the skin. The spikes were stronger than they looked and, while they didn't penetrate his stone, they had been moved outward and then had locked into place.

Lifting his tail up, the fruit attached by its stubborn spines, Shinzu grabbed the fruit with careful hands and tried to tug it off. After a few seconds of (probably) looking like an idiot, the Moonstone finally got the fruit away from the stone on his tail. Some of the spikes were jarred loose and sagged in the outer-skin of the fruit, which Shinzu took advantage of and ripped out.

Now that the spikes were out from a small part of the fruit, the Moonstone worked his claws over the skin and peeled it away, taking the left over spines with it. Ironically enough, the fruit wasn't that sweet and the sourness was making him thirsty.

Sticking out his tongue at the outer-skin he had dropped in front of him, Shinzu looked up at his trainer.

"Done."

Chesu

"Now that you've all taken the test, remember: in a real situation, you make a mistake, you die. Or one of your friends die. Some of these are poisonous, to simulate the real poisonous fruits, and to teach you the meaning of consequences."She looked through a list." The purple mushroom was toxic. Never eat bright colors." She chided. Just then, Demeter fell over, clutching her stomach in pain." You're gonna have to bear with it till I'm done. The green fruit was a durian. It wasn't toxic, but it was unripe. You may feel some discomfort after eating that. Some dragons may dislike the smell, so it's not recommended to feed the group with."

She moved on to the flowers." All three were safe, just had different tastes. The leaves were poisonous. The apple was safe." She. Took out a bag of antidotes and placed them

In front of the hatchlings." Those who got poisoned, grab the medicine."

user posted image

Prala chuckled as the hatchlings began to enter the tent. She didn't blame the young hatchling for being caught in the surroundings; to most hatchlings, the sight was stunning. "Now, we just need to wait for the others to begin... This will be very fun." Prala eyed the blind hatchling, keeping a smile on her face. "Well, then! I'd best get everything ready for when the others arrive." And with that, Prala started setting several herbs, a few bowls, and a few Mortars and Pestles on the worktable. Just wait for the others~!

((OOC: Sorry for short post, didn't have much to work with...))

I'm confused now

((Nat, please post your character training. Otherwise, no matte how active you are, your hatchling will be kicked out at the end of the training as the journey begins. And please speak in the OoC thread or use brackets))

user posted image

Shade curiously moved over next to Prala and tried to stretch up to she what she was doing. Her claws were so fast, moving things in an organized fashion, knowing where everything was. The smell of the herbs, the shapes and sizes of the tools, Shade was fascinated by it all as his trainer moved it all together on the worktable. He simply watched silently as Prala worked feeling that was best not to disturb her from her work.

((Breaking the silent bubble with a silent character. GO HEALERS!!))

The hatchlings all endured three weeks of hard training. Some shined in their positions, however some missed the elder's expectations.

Lithi was one of the harshest dragons. She woke up all the hatchlings before dawn and made sure that the warriors were the best. Tahai could only tag along with the black dragon. They were taught defence and offence. Soon they were in tight formation, circling around in a shield. Near the end, they had one on one sessions with the trainers and in a mock battle.

Niere and Ukert had taught their hatchlings how to hunt successfully. They were nicer, that was for sure. After the first week they were responsible for hunting for the whole group of hatchlings. Even though neither of the trainers told them to do it, many staying in the forest during the night hunting for their friends.

The Gatherers were the best group to work with. Thiess and Chesu lead expeditions into the forest and was taught the plants. Not only that but they also showed how to find water by following animals. They sometimes merged with the healers for medicine plants, however Chesu eventually avoided the healer trainers overall.

Isell were always trying to contain Prala's craziness. Due to that, she was often loved by the hatchlings more than Prala. The white seemed unfazed by that. The healers were taught how to made casts and how to heal with herbs. They mocked injuries on others and used herb wraps.

The planners were often kept inside the main tent. They poured over maps of what they knew about the mountains and were often messy and red eyed. Thece and Drianna gave the hatchlings a test on the forest, to map out everything they saw. They found out how to backtrack, even without foot prints. They could calculate the day time left by the sun and what direction they were heading in.

Eventually the training was over. Some trainers were teary, since many had formed bonds with the hatchlings. Prala was sobbing to herself for all the different reasons. However Lithi had one more thing to say.

"Well done, all of you. You have all endured three weeks of training. However there is one thing you were never told. Only the best will go on to the mountains. The trainers have been conversing, and we have decided to send some home. Please listen for your name."

((I'm guessing that means there's NPC hatchlings?))

user posted image

Aqua held her breathe. She had worked hard over the past few weeks and if she was sent home, she would be roaming around on her own; as an orphan. Aqua had learnt how to speak properly as well and could now communicate with fluency, which when coupled with her accent, was pleasant to the ear. However, this sign of warmth was often misleading as Aqua had learnt how to distant herself and was often cold to the other hatchlings. She was hostile to new dragons she did not know, often leading into a fight with some of the other hatchlings. Though she did not always win, all the duels had made her battle-scarred and if anything they benefited her more than they brought her down.

Despite this, she still was soft at heart and just protected it with an armour of hostility. An armour she wore before she received her physical armour. Also, though she did not tell anyone, Aqua would make dangerous trips to the beach sometimes as it brought back memories of a large dragon whom she could not quite remember and the ocean was truly a beautiful sight to look at in the elegance of the moonlight. It was quite comforting to feel the cold air on her face and smell the saltiness of the sea. She brought back as much fish and shellfish she could carry each time she went to visit and just left them in front of the main tent, not taking credit or revealing to anyone the fact that she would go to the coast every now and again. It earned her the nickname of 'The Fishmonger', it wasn't the most graceful of nicknames but she couldn't complain, and nobody knew it was actually her who brought the seafood.

Aqua danced between thought in her head as time seemed to slow down. What if my secrecy made them think I didn't contribute or pay attention in the lessons? What if I haven't showed enough potential? What if they never noticed me until now and decides to get rid of me? Negative thoughts flooded her mind as she anxiously waited for the names to be called out

Edited by Drakonspite

((No there aren't any, i'm basically getting the story rolling by just playing ALL of the characters. But now it is open for roleplaying. Also, they haven't gotten their armour yet, the ones going through to the adventure will get their armour))

((Yeah I understand. The armour she has isn't physical, it's an armour that covers her heart :3 Fairy Tail reference))

Demeter held her breath, scared. In the three weeks, she hadn't so much as said a single word. she just did what she was told. Hopefully it was good enough. She shivered, hoping that her friends would all make it. They would be heartbroken otherwise. She waited patiently, fearing the moment Lithi would announce it. Edited by Melomancer

user posted image

The blind Winter Magi had waited a long time for something like this to happen. Training had been difficult, with his disadvantage of blindness, but Icarus had eventually been able to wander the camp and scent out whatever he needed. He could identify the other hatchlings and most of the trainers, but he had mostly stuck around his fellow healers (Perla and Shade were his choices of company). Icarus could now 'paint' a picture in his head by touch and was good at making splints and closing ripped skin wounds. While not the best healer out there and nowhere as adapt as his fellow healers, he could stop bleeding and that was important.

The hatchlings around him were nice, though the Winter Magi never did make any lasting friendships. He was too reserved and stayed in the background, listening in on conversations but not giving his opinion. Any questions asked of him between two others was usually met with a small smile and a neutral answer that favored neither side, nor resolved the conflict.

Now, the hatchling was sitting with his tail curled around his feet, head raised in the general direction of the trainers. Icarus hadn't known that some of them would be sent away, and did have a little string of nervousness and fear coiled in his chest. Where would he go if he was sent away? He had to rely on others, and, if he was alone, then there was no one for him to rely on. He'd by more blind than he had been when he first arrived here.

A shiver climbed up his back and the hatchling shook himself, willing the depressing thoughts away. He wanted to look on the bright side, so he stayed optimistic.

No more thoughts like that. I will go with the others and help them as a healer. Staying positive will help, no matter what.

----------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

The Moonstone hatchling was on the outskirts of the group, eyes trained on the Warrior Trainer and lead speaker. His tail was curled around his legs, the large blue stone laying on the ground in front of his chest. Shinzu's hands were sketching into the dirt idly, making small patterns and then scraping them away for something else.

Shinzu could identify plants and their fruits rather easily. While not good at tracking water sources (so many patterns on the forest floor, it was hard to pick out each of them), the Moonstone hatchling could distinguish poison easy enough. Finding plants that were safe to eat was a little harder, but he could identify certain weeds that, while not that good, could fill empty stomachs until something better was found.

To an outsider, he didn't even blink at the words of the Warrior Trainer. Inside, he was organizing what would happen if he was sent away. He'd return to his parents, but he'd have knowledge enough to gain some sort of high standing in the world. If he wanted to be risky, he could even follow the group as they traveled, turning into some sort of ninja.

A stupid idea if I ever had one, but it would be better than sitting around with my parents as a hatchling with knowledge and no great future.

While not dismissing the fact that he could be sent home, Shinzu held onto the lifeline that kept him here. He had worked hard and had to be a valuable asset to the group.

"Juruth.

Dementer.

Rei.

Frithra.

Chlora.

Clouda.

Jong.

Icarus.

Shade.

Perla.

Shinzu Blave.

Aqua.

Hitomo Cazicarou.

Kleva.

If you have heard your name, you will be travelling to the mountains." Lithi announced, her eyes sweeping across the hatchlings. "If your name has not be announced, go home." She ended harshly before turning to the trainers. "The elders need to hear this."

user posted image

Unlike many of the hatchlings around her, Juruth was fearless. She was proud and listening for her name. She couldn't go home. Her fierce temper was good for offence and defence. They won't make a day without me she thought proudly. When her name was called out, she wasn't surprised. She gave the smallest of nods to both her trainers in thanks before facing the others.

"Are you ready for the mountains?" she asked all the hatchlings bravely.

user posted image

Tuils tapped a claw against the earth as Quies listened carefully. The names were announced one by one. Tuils was nervous, she didn't want to go home. She wanted to climb the mountain, and explore! But Quies was happy. She didn't want to go up, where both of them were risking their lives. They don't know what was up there. For all it could be, it could be strange flying creatures!

user posted image

Perla pressed her small body against the blind Icarus. She smiled as each name was listed off, and flapped her small wings in excitement. She turned to the Winter Mage, his eyes unreadable. What was he thinking? His eyes were unfocused as usual, but Perla had a sinking feeling in her stomach. What would happen up there, in the mountains? The Nhiostrife glanced up the great black rocks towering over the camp.

When Icarus's name was called out she nuzzled him softly, knowing that her smile would be unseen. "Great job!" she whispered gently before listening again. Her name was called out in a monotone, and she inwardly beamed. However she glanced around to see the sullen faces of those who did not make it.

Edited by Tiga

Demeter started breathing again. She had nearly gotten a heart attack when her name was called. Al least she wouldn't be kicked. Maybe she could do herself proud. She nodded vigorously at Juruth's question.

Chesu smiled as she heard the names of her trainees. All of her Gatherers had made it. She couldn't help but feel proud. In the few weeks, she had grown attached to them, and was sad to see them go, and possibly never return. But she was proud to have been a part of it all the same. "Yes, the elders will be pleased. Quite a lot of them. They should do well."

user posted image

Shade sat in the back of the crowd as the names were called. He went back inside the Healer tent once his name was called.

Three weeks of training was difficult. He had bonded with Perla and Icarus but usually hid in tents away from others unless they came in for healing. Overall his presence went unnoticed and not many knew about his color transformation in the sunlight. He was well attentive and became good at his job as a healer with Perla and Icarus, the others wouldn't have to worry about injuries for too long.

Shade gathered anything of his to his nest. He then went to the tent flap again and waited for any other words from the trainers or his companions.

user posted image

Chlora felt both excited, yet torn apart at the same time. She's be able to go, and help her friends. All her training would finally pay off! But then, what of her family? Would she see them again?

Chlora decided to try her best, so that she would see them again. Someday. But right now, she'd give it her all, and never stop. She had worked tirelessly in training; she'd memorized every map, and even put together some strategy scenarios, even though they weren't anywhere close to top-notch.

She would miss her trainers; she congratulated those who passed, and said her goodbyes to those who didn't. She hoped to see some who didn't pass again, fuelling her will to try as hard as she could to survive, and keep the others alive, too.

user posted image

Icarus let out a breath as his name was called, not even realizing that he had been holding it. The Winter Magi felt immense relief that he had been called. It meant that he was needed and wanted for the group, even with this disability of his. A small smile graced his lips and Icarus raised his head a little higher.

He acknowledged Perla's presence with a nod, head tipped towards where he thought she was. His tail twitched on the ground and Icarus spoke softly, the smile still on his face.

"You did good as well."

---------------------

user posted image

Shinzu blinked as his name was called, breaking off the random plan of following the group if he didn't make the cut. He let out a small breathe, hands stilling from creating patterns in the dirt. He turned to glance at the Hellhorse hatchling that had called out and thought over the question.

After a moment, he gave a small nod as his answer. The Moonstone knew that he was an important part of the group. Shinzu was ready for the journey.