Tiga

Armored Warriors

user posted image

"Hey I've heard you're blind. Is it hard? Well nice to meet you Icarus. I think we should head outside and see what happens next. C'mon!"

Icarus tilted his head at Azet's question. There was that word again, the one that his father and mother spoke, and the one that he had answered yes to the elders. He didn't know what 'blind' meant. It was rather weird, since he understood a lot of the words the others said, but 'blind' and 'see' and those other ones, like 'shiny' and 'yellow', were unknown to him.

Icarus didn't know how to answer that question, but he didn't have time to say anything. Azet seemed to want to go somewhere, so, like he is supposed to, he followed her. He hoped he hadn't gotten to close to her, since he needed her presence to know where she was going with all of the scents scattered around him.

"Do you want a carry thingy? If you do I could make you one!"

The place she lead him to seemed to have a heat source, causing Icarus to shiver for a second. The temperature change was a little sudden for him and felt kind of weird. Icarus sat down, curling his tail over his clawed hands and feet, and turned his head towards where he thought Azet was.

"I...don't know what a carry thingy is...I don't know if I want one, though..."

What is a 'carry thingy'? Does it just carry things? I don't have anything to carry, so it would be useless...I think...

Perla noticed that Shade was looking at her. Hmm?" she asked, snapping out of her thoughts. "I was just thinking of home," she murmured gently, her head low. She fiddled with a feather, parting them so they were wide and beautiful. She placed it down on the dirt ground.

"What do you eat, Shade?" she asked suddenly, eyeing Jong incase he said something stupid. Again.

Lithi was still in a foul mood, washing off her armor in a stream. The hatchling themselves will training, then receive their armor and continue training until they were sent up into the mountains. She hissed to herself, it was a suicide mission. No dragon knew what lived up there, in the rocks. She gritted her sharp teeth before shaking off the water that clung to her.

She walked into the main tent, a number of hatchlings were still eating. Shaking her head in annoyance, she walked back out. Lithi began to pace, wishing that they would hurry up so they can get started on training.

Edited by Tiga

((*Reads the past two pages* *Gets confused as to if anyone's interacted with Chlora* Dx))

user posted image

Chlora looked around, rather bored. She noticed other hatchlings up and moving around, talking and giggling. Chlora decided to talk to some of them. She looked around again, looking for someone to talk or even play with. She noticed her trainer and fellow Planners talking with each-other and with another Water hatchling. Chlora got a few more fruits and walked over to them. "Hello. I'm Chlora, a planner." Chlora said cheerily to the tsunami. "What are your names?" She asked, directing it to everyone this time. She laid down the fruits. "I brought food if any of you were hungry. Better to have extra than to have too little, right?" Chlora said cheerily.

((*Is still waiting for DreamGirl* Has anyone heard from her? due to only having Dante, I'm eager to post, but I've already set up an interaction with her trainer character. So, if anyone has a spare character up for interaction, feel free to... interact ;n; ))

((Like before, Aqua would interact with Dante but she is building her cold persona atm so Dante would have to interact with Aqua first tongue.gif))

Edited by Drakonspite

(This opportunity is golden ...)

user posted image

'Yeah, Shade!!' Jong barked, rolling over Perla's feathers and into Shade's side playfully. 'What do you eat?! I ate a finch today, it tasted like dust. But then I ate leaves and stems and seeds and shoots and greens and not greens even though I only ate greens I would have eaten other colours but I got full and there weren't any others because everyone already ate them,' he quickly gasped for air. 'But one day, I will eat purple.'

user posted image

Shade looked at Jong with a blank look and thought how to even comprehend what was going on. Shade just shrugged and smiled,

"Blueberries. It's like berries but your eating blue."

Shade thought it would be funny to play along. Jong seemed like a nice guy to work with. All the healers seemed nice overall, it was the trainers that worried him.

Akasha looked about, she was kind of hungry as she looked at Jong and Shade talking about blueberries "I- I ate blueberries before" she said nervously, she was pretty sure they were friendly but she was afraid all of this was a dream and it might turn into a nightmare if she did something wrong. As her left hind leg moved uneasily because of the sticky, 'bandage like thingy' as she would call it, clung on her leg like crazy, and the slimy liquid the healer put on it didn't make the feeling more enjoyable either.

Edited by natukiro

Perla rolled her eyes in disgust, pushing the very annoying pink hatchling off her feather pile that were gathered at her feet. "Jong you gotta stop being so... So..... Excitedabbable?" she said, uncertain if it even was a word. "Anyways," she broke off to look at the unfamiliar hatchling

"Who are you? We weren't at the Introductorory thingy," she said, a grimace planted on her face. Perla only was happy around the dragons who she knew. And that so far was Icarus, Shade and, she sighed, Jong.

She gave a frustrated look to Jong before cleaning up the feathers that had been messed up when the crazy Ding Dong Jong played around with them. She swept them together into a pile before separating them, before opening her wings and closing. She had been standing in the same spot and she was obviously getting cranky and stiff.

Rei grinned at the new green hatchling. "I'm Rei! I'm talking to this water dragon cos, he looks like some of my friend's um... parents," he decided to explain. He peered down at the fruits curiously. "What's that? I usually eat fish, this is fruuuuuuutis?" He asked, taking a squishy orangey yellowy one.

Edited by Tiga

user posted image

Icarus was starting to get fascinated by the heat source that seemed to be in front of him. He never paid much attention to the feel of the air around him, since his mind was preoccupied with other things, but now that everything seemed to be settling down he had time.

The bizarre aspect of the heat source was that, while he was starting to feel uncomfortable with his face and chest towards it, his back and tail were getting colder and colder. Twitching his tail and feeling a small shiver go up his spine, Icarus turned himself sideways so that now his side was getting the heat.

Of course, then his other side started to get cold. Blinking slowly as he thought about the peculiar way this was working, the hatchling shuffled around again and this time curled his limbs under him (like a cat). Curling his tail around so that it faced the heat source, Icarus closed his eyes and relaxed. While part of him was now getting cold, he felt that there was no tension around him. No chaos, not quick talking, no confusing questions. While his fellow healer, Azet, was still doing her own thing, Icarus felt quite comfortable.

----------------------------------------------

user posted image

Shinzu listened dully to the adults as they spoke, with one Black dragon speaking as if they were the leader. He fiddled with a stick to pass the time, sketching random patterns into the dirt. When the Black dragon announced for the different positions that each hatchling was supposed to be in, he started to pay more attention, raising his head and flicking his gaze over all of the adults. When the call for Gatherers came up, the Moonstone hatchling stood up easily, glancing around him causally. There wasn't really much going on, just some small talk between other hatchlings. The adult dragons were focusing on each other and the hatchlings that they were going to teach.

Shinzu thought about going and talking to someone, but his plan was cut off when the Black dragon spoke up about making nests and eating. Shrugging mentally and physically, the Moonstone hatchling wandered over to the front of the Gatherer's tent and gathered up an assortment of sticks, feathers, and bits of moss. After he hauled it all into the tent and arranged it to his liking, Shinzu strolled over to the Main Tent. Avoiding the larger adults so that he didn't get accidentally crushed, he scooped up a small pile of berries in his clawed hands. Once he got back to his original spot that wasn't too far from the fire, the Moonstone hatchling plopped down and started to eat the red and black berries, all the while observing the interactions taking place around him.

It wasn't that he didn't want to talk to anyone. While not a social butterfly, Shinzu did like to have conversations with others. The fact that sometimes they didn't want to talk to him wasn't a good excuse for him to avoid interaction. Glancing over the rest of the berries he had picked out, Shinzu decided that he'd go talk to someone after he was done eating.

(Argh, I feel like I butchered Shinzu's personality. Blah.)

(Imma jump start dis)

Chesu

"Gatherers! All of you, get over here now!" Chesu shouted." Thiess, you too! I'm about to run a Diagnostics test before training starts."

Demeter

Hearing her trainer's summons , Demeter got up from her nest and walked towards her, nudging Shinzu along the way,

((BUMP))

user posted image

Thece smiled at the small little convention that gathered around in front of him. It was amusing yet it made him feel warm and fuzzy inside, almost nostalgic to a point. Suddenly, a bright flash appeared in front of him that blinded him with its dazzling lights. In a matter of seconds, he was at the seaside. At first Thece didn't believe it but as he grasped on to the sand beneath him, it felt so real. There in front of him was a smaller blue dragon. It looked up at him with a beaming face and Thece felt like he had seen this dragon before. As he stared at the small hatchling in front of him, the area around him started to deteriorate. The sand beneath him slowly made a sinkhole and soon, Thece was falling to a pitch-black abyss. The hatchling looked down from the hole with the same smile but it was now just eerily creepy and not reassuring at all. Thece roared in anger as he tried to flap his wings to get back up, but failed to do so miserably. He shot a jet of water at the hole but it seemed to be blocked off by a barrier of some sort. He thought he was to die and then suddenly, he snapped into reality.

user posted image

Aqua jolted awake as the planner trainer roared powerfully and shot a blast of water, barely missing the hatchlings and putting out the campfire. She jogged away behind one of the tents and poked her head out to see what was going on and to observe the situation. The bluna trainer had hazy eyes as it thrashed about. But then, he soon got back to his senses and stopped rather abruptly. She was too frightened to step back out into the open but too fascinated to look away. Aqua recalled the dragon being introduced as Thece. Thece? Interesting name, but then again, everything was interesting to Aqua. She was quite newly-born.

Edited by Drakonspite

((I didn't want to have to post without Clouda and Nio replying, but ah well. BTW, aren't we still inside the main tent? How'd the water hit the campfire??))

user posted image

Chlora nodded to Rei, happy that she got a reply. "Yes, those are fruiiits! That one's a mango, my favorite. There are also apples, oranges, lemons, and grapes. But I like mango best!" Chlora chimed. She turned to the hatchling next to her. "Your scales are very pretty." Chlora said, complimenting her. "I like that color... Pinnnk, I think? What's your name? Want some fruii--" Chlora was suddenly cut off by the Trainer - Thece was it? - roaring loudly. Chlora backed away slowly as he tried to fly, but he wasn't doing very well. Suddenly, Thece shot water at the ground, missing Chlora by inches, and spraying her with water. The water felt nice, but Chlora was too frightened by Thece's behavior, and ran to behind a tent, almost running into another water hatchling who looked just as frightened and curious. Chlora apologized to the hatchling, and refocused on Thece. Then everything was normal. Thece abruptly stopped thrashing, and looked disorientated. Chlora tentatively approached Thece, stopping a few yards away from him, then asked in a small, quiet voice, "A-are you OK...?"

user posted image

Prala finished her meal. The fruits were good, and Prala enjoyed them, but couldn't wait to get back to the others. Especially that little green hatchling. But her thoughts were cut off abruptly as she noticed the commotion outside, and she HAD to investigate. Prala walked to the entrance of the Tent, and observed Thece's outbreak. Well. This ought to be interesting! Prala thought amusedly. Making sure to keep her distance, she watched the hatchlings scatter. Thece stopped quite suddenly and mysteriously.

"What have we here?" Prala asked, getting the feeling it was over. "Having fun, Thece? Don't overdo it!~ You never know what might happen." Prala said in her happy-yet-creepy tone. Prala turned her attention back to her ribbon once again and readjusted it, then smiled at Thece again.

((I think I did good with Prala. Not really sure though.))

((Good job! And they are outside. No pictures this time))

Ju snorted indignantly as droplets of water rained down on her, the sounds of hissing came from the air. She gave an annoyed sigh before rolling a damp log over with her purple hooves. She ran a hoof over it, leaving a small trail of fire which gradually grew back into a bigger fire

Chesu

"Thece?" She walked over and nudged him." Are.. are you.. okay?" The hatchlings were obviously curious, and rattled. Prala was being her usual creepy self(Good job on it btw,).

user posted image

As Shinzu chewed on the last berry he had, there was a loud call from an adult dragon that asked for all Gatherers. Hearing about something about a 'Diagnostics' test, the Moonstone hatchling got to his feet, swishing his stone bearing tail around. Before he could get moving, however, another hatchling came up from behind him and started to direct him towards his trainer. Shinzu recognized the hatchling from when he had tried to talk to it before in the tent; he hadn't been able to have a conversation with it, since it had run out of the tent when the lead dragons called. Blinking slowly at it, he opened his mouth and was about to speak but was interrupted by a powerful roar.

Flinching as a blast of water went by him and splashed onto the campfire, the fire sizzling out without making any fuss, Shinzu turned his head to stare at the dragon who caused it. He looked rattled and disoriented, which didn't make much sense since nothing too confusing or chaotic had happened yet that would cause such a reaction.

Speaking both to himself and the hatchling next to him, the Moonstone hatchling stared at the Two-Finned Bluna with narrowed eyes.

"What...What just happened?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Icarus heard the roar, laced with confusion and disorientation, making him jerk his head up and blink rapidly. Before he could make sense of the sound, something raced by him and the heat source disappeared. Just, poof, it was gone. The cold was on him in an instant, but that wasn't what made the Winter Magi hatchling tremble. It was the fact that something that felt so obviously hostile had happened, and he wondered what the thing was that took out the heat source, what that thing could have done to him if he had been in its way.

Curling his tail tightly to himself and trying to get smaller, Icarus blinked slowly, shivering quietly. He didn't know what was happening, even with all the noise, and, for the first time in his young life, the hatchling was afraid. Afraid of what had just happened, with the fierce speed and force behind it.

He couldn't help but let out a little squeak as a thought ran around in his head over and over.

What would have happened if that had hit me!?

Demeter

Demeter jumped upon hearing the roar. The big blue dragon had taken out the campfire. She looked around at the others. The shiny, gold and white one was apparently terrified. Shinzu just looked confused, and that purple one whom she never really knew looked kinda ticked off.

(Anyone can give me a list of the active gatherers?)

user posted image

"Yeah, I'm ok..." Thece replied to the many voices that asked if he was fine. He shot an icy glare towards Prala's direction. Her comment nearly made Thece another blast of water at her, but his senses took control again and made him calm down. Damn it, it happened again... Thece thought to himself. The same dream kept on repeating itself during the past fortnight but it had never happened as a vision/ hallucination before. Maybe it meant something... Thece couldn't really remember what the hatchling's face looked like, however the hatchling felt familiar. Very familiar.

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

Although clearly shocked by Thece's sudden outburst, Rei was still curious.

"So?! Why did you do it? Can you teach me how to do it?!" But when Chesu's voice called, his face turned sullen. "Aww!!! Okay then. Bye Thece! I want to talk to you soon! Again!" He called over his shoulder. Rei tried to walk on the wet mud of the ground, but soon found it was easier to slide. She he was on his belly, slipping towards his trainers. With a look of glee, he stood up again, his belly scales covered in gooey mud.

user posted image

Lithi soon heard the call of the Gatherer trainer. Waiting before some hatchlings moved around, she decided to announce something herself.

"Alright then! Gatherers, you will have to go with your trainers now. I need to see the warriors. The rest of you will begin your training, when your trainers want to," she shouted Lithi moved so the warriors could come to her. She was waiting for the black one, like a mini version of herself.

Chesu

"Thece. We're all friends. If something is wrong, you can tell us. We won't laugh or anything. Except maybe prala... But you can trust us." She tenderly put a paw on Thece's shoulder. Returning to the spot she had been at a moment ago."Gatherers! Last call! The test will start without you if you don't get over here." She picked up several plants, herbs and fruits. she drew four circles in the dirt and a bigger one in the centre. All the hatchlings were here. Except the mint. She was nowhere to be seen. Meh. She can deal with whatever happens if she refuses to come. Selecting several plants, she plopped them down. A plain brown mushroom, a bright purple one, an apple, some heart shaped leaves, a strange spiky green fruit, and three flowers, blue red and yellow. " I want all of you to choose some of these to make a salad. You have to eat at least three. Let the test begin!"

Demeter

Demeter looked at the selection. She had no idea what most of them were. She chose the apple, the yellow flower and the bright-purple mushroom. She waited for the order to eat it.

Edited by Melomancer

user posted image

The legless blue dragon--Thece, as he was called by the Gatherer trainer--didn't give any explanation of his actions, but it didn't look like any would be given. The Moonstone blinked slowly in thought but turned when the call for Gatherers came. His trainer--Chesu, was that her name?--put out several different plants, keeping them together but not scattered around. Shinzu scanned over all of them as his trainer explained what was to be done with them.

A salad, then? None of them look very...appealing. Rather interesting characteristics for the green fruit and some of the leaves...

Glancing over at the hatchling that hadn't spoken but had interacted with him, Shinzu watched as it picked out the apple(obviously safe, it's an apple), a yellow flower(looks harmless), and the purple mushroom(bright colors could be safe). With three less to the pile, there was now a brown mushroom, the heart shaped flowers, the spiky fruit, a red flower and a blue flower.

Looking at the assortment of plants, Shinzu, after a moment of hesitation, went over and picked out the brown mushroom, the spiky fruit, and the blue flower. Setting them in a pile and continuing to observe them, the Moonstone wondered what the drawbacks to each of these plants were. This was a test, so some of these had to be wrong answers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

The heat source seemed to be coming back, though from the scent of things it would have been started by....a hatchling? Icarus couldn't figure out if it had been started by an adult or not, but the scent seemed younger than the adult dragons he's already met.

I wonder if I could do something like that....or like the thing that put out the heat...Actually, having that sort of power isn't something I want. I don't want to hurt anyone.

A loud call for 'Gatherers' came up and the Winter Magi sat himself up, turning his head and blinking slowly. Another call said that training would begin once each trainer was ready. Flicking his tail, Icarus waited for when the Healers would be called. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time, he wondered what his training would be like.

user posted image

Prala chuckled at Chesu's remark. "There's nothing wrong with a little tease now and then. Lighten up! Although, I am curious as well." Prala smiled again, glancing at Thece with a creepy smile. "Maybe we'll find out sooner or later." Prala sighed. Even she had duties. "Ok, listen up! I need all the healers to head to the Healer's Tent! Training will commence shortly. And who knows? Maybe you'll get ribbons afterward!~"

Prala started walking to the Tent herself, an amused smile on her face. This will be fun. VERY fun.

((OOC: Short post sorry))

Chesu

Chesu's Cheeks suddenly flushed with color. She muttered something about forgetfulness, and then added more of the plants that Demeter and Shinzu had taken."I'm sorry, I kinda messed up. It wouldn't be very fair if someone had to take the wrong plant because the others had taken the right ones, now would it?" She stared expectantly at the Blue hatchling that was apparently close to Thece."Go on then, take your pick." She pointed to the now big pile.

Edited by Melomancer

Raising her head towards the sky, she wondered if her foster mother would come back for her. She missed her mother and now she is mixed in with a bunch of other unknown hatchlings, she wondered what exactly was going on here.

user posted image

Walking outside from his meal, Shade jumped from the loud roar and watched as the water blast drench the fireplace. Shaking his head in confusion, Shade questioned the sanity of the place. Trying to move on, Shade heard the White healer trainer call for his group to go to their tent. Happy to actually get started, he quickly made his way to the tent before the other hatchlings as to avoid being in the open. Pushing the tent flap and entering the tent itself, Shade looked around to get a sense of his environment. He admired all the tools, plants, herbs, and other medical supplies that he would get to work with. He was so caught up with the view that he didn't even notice Prala was also in the tent.