Tiga

Armored Warriors

user posted image

Chlora was a bit upset that Amok didn't answer her first question. Didn't everyone want to be friends? Or only her? Chlora didn't know. Boredly, she drew until she heard the call.

"And finally, we have the planners. There is to be three of them in the group. We have Thece and Dianna as the planner trainers. Once in your groups, go into your assigned tents. Make your nests with the supplies outside. After that, meet in the main tent where lunch will be served."

Chlora jumped up and ran over to the indicated dragons. One was blue, with no legs, which sparked Chlora's interest. The other was a white dragon glowing with yellow on some parts of her body. Chlora walked up and introduced herself. "Hello. I'm Chlora. Nice to meet you, Thece and Dianna," she said. Looking around, she also noticed a Pink and an orange dragon. Before she could introduce herself to them, too, they were headed towards a tent. Chlora followed, gathering lots of leaves, moss, and twigs for her bed. Going into the tent, she laid her materials down. First, she aligned the branches like you would a raft. Then, she added a few extra layers around the sides of the branches, making it like a box. Finally, she laid the moss into the middle of her box-bed and covered the sides with the leaves. "Perfect!" she chimed happily. She then followed the others to the largest tent, where she was seated and served bugs, leaves, and all manner of fruits. Chlora gasped happily and called out, "Thank you for the food!!" before digging right in. It was her first meal of her life, and she was starved. She ate one fruit at a time, observing its taste. She enjoyed the Mango most. Then the leaves and bugs. Also delicious. She stopped and waited for the others while she waited to be excused.

user posted image

Thece was taken aback by the sudden question of the Tsunami hatchling. Thece was confused at why this small dragon, who was not going to be trained by him, would come up and just simply greet him. Thece would not have done that but then again, the hatchling was probably still newly born with little knowledge of the harsh world.

"Sure, ask away." Thece found himself saying. He wondered what the little hatchling would have to ask him. The elders normally did not bother to ask aquatic dragons to give their hatchlings for the quest so there were not many at the camp. "Maybe that's why he wants to ask a question." Thece thought.

user posted image

"And finally, we have the planners. There is to be three of them in the group. We have Thece and Dianna as the planner trainers. Once in your groups, go into your assigned tents. Make your nests with the supplies outside. After that, meet in the main tent where lunch will be served.

Icarus blinked slowly, flicking his tail lightly on the ground. Raising his head up and taking a deep breath, he tried to distinguish who was who with the scents. He didn't really know where his assigned tent was at the moment, so his best bet was to try and find Perla and that other hatchling...Shade, maybe?

After a second, he pinpointed the two familiar scents and slowly stood up. He didn't know if the dragon he'd previously been talking to, the healer trainer, still wanted to talk to him or not, but the loud voice had wanted everyone to got to their tents and then go to the main tent.

I don't think I'll get into trouble for following another dragon's orders. I still need to make my...nests? I don't know what that is, but they said supplies as well...Maybe I can ask the others.

Keeping his head high and keeping track of the two scents, Icarus went forward. It was only a few minutes before he hit something and tripped. Laying still for a second, the hatchling got back to his feet and turned around, reaching around with his clawed hands. He didn't know what he was feeling, but it seemed to be a bunch of different things.

Something soft and thin, something dry and crackly, something small and smooth, something rough and hard....are these the supplies? Does that mean I'm close to my tent?

The scents were still around him and leading somewhere, which he presumed was the entrance of the tent, so he had to be right in front of the healers tent. After thinking this over, he quickly picked out a few random things from the supplies. It was mostly the soft and thin things, but they were kind of small so Icarus bulked up with a bunch of the dry and crackly things and a few small and smooth things.

The problem now was for him to somehow hold onto the supplies and get them into the tent. After a second of planning, Icarus scooped all of the things together and then, after securing them as best as he could with both of his clawed hands, raised himself up into a stand. His balance was wobbly and everything felt much stranger trying to stand up like this, but he was able to hold at least most of the supplies. Leaving a small trail behind him, Icarus tried to walk to the entrance of the tent with long strides, tail trying to balance him as best as it could. The enclosed air and familiar smell of his own scent told him he was at the correct tent, so Icarus staggered a few feet from the entrance, keeping close to the walls. Dropping his supplies and allowing himself to fall back into a more familiar stance, Icarus arranged them around randomly, trying to make it all feel right.

A nest was where he was supposed to sleep, so it had to be comfortable. The items all mixed together funny, but the soft thin things made everything feel alright. Icarus flicked his tail against the ground when he thought his 'nest' was set up and blinked a few times. Raising his head and turning to where he knew the entrance was, he started to wonder where the main tent was.

user posted image

Shade was shocked that Perla was on his side. No one ever called him awesome and wanted to be friends with him. This was very new to him. Before he responded, he saw Icarus come in and make a nest. Shade turned back to Perla and whispered to her,

"...maybe we should fix his nest up a bit. It would be a very friendly thing to do."

((sorry for not answering guys, I came home just now, I was away))

user posted image

Somni looked at Hitomo with wonder. "Well, the sand can hurt at first, but you get used to it easily... and it's much nicer than snow." She looked around, squinting her eyes to see what was happening around the fire's glow. The hatchlings and those adult dragons seemed to all be going inside the tents. One of the dragons seemed to yell something too. Maybe they were calling for us? She wondered. "Uhh, I think we should go there..." She turned to Hitomo. "They are all going inside..." Somni shivered. "And it's quite cold... let's go inside the warriors' tent!" She started running towards the tent when she remembered that Hitomo doesn't know where it is. She stopped and nodded towards him. "It's over here!" She said simply, hurrying to get inside. Maybe there will be food. She ran past a large black dragon, moving to the side so she wouldn't get in its way.

The tent was full of hatchlings when she came inside. Most of them made their nests and were now moving out to another tent. There was a large adult dragon inside. A spitfire, she realized. She didn't like that dragon's presence, but she guessed that he wouldn't hurt her as none of the hatchlings seemed to run away from him. "I think we should make our nests too." Somni said without turning, guessing that Hitomo was behind her. She slowly walked towards the furthest corner of the tent, avoiding the adult Spitfire. She turned around to search for Hitomo before she would start making her nest.

user posted image

Verita watched as other hatchlings were sorted out. The last ones were "planners", whatever that meant. The sorting was done and nobody explained what everyone should do here. She forgot everything as food was mentioned though. She followed two adults inside what seemed to be warriors' "tent". She made her nest as instructed, guessing that this will be the place she will sleep from now on. Watchling other hatchlings she took some moss, dried leaves and something warm that seemed to be called "wool".

After she made her nest she rushed outside, following the black dragon, Lithi. She overheard something about Lithi "taking her". She guessed that she was going to train her and she smiled to herself. I'm going to make her proud! She attempted to raise her head higher while she was running, but she failed and instead tripped over. Quickly raising to her feet, she went towards the main tent, now more carefully, and chose the same food that the black trainer took.

user posted image

Tahai nodded towards Lithi as she announced that she will take the black hatchling. "Sure." He said simply, watching as she walked towards the main tent. He decided to stay inside for a few minutes, examining the hatchlings and how they managed to adjust to the new surrounding. He then noticed a small Thunder hatchling rush inside. She seemed to be completely lost. So there were hatchlings missing after all. He shook his head in disapproval and growled quietly. How irresponsible. I hope that she won't be late for trainings if I end up having to teach her. He hated when anyone was late.

user posted image

Jong galloped as fast as his cat-like claws would take him into the healers' tent and started shoveling dust and dirt together to make his nest. He pushed it up near a Night Glory hatchling's nest and smiled widely at him and the Nhiostrife Wyvern hatchling. 'Hi! I'm Jong! Wow!!' he gasped as he looked at the wyvern. 'You haven't got any front legs! How do you walk?!' he hopped up and down as he smiled and giggled at the idea of her trying to walk and falling over, face-first.

user posted image

If these other hatchlings are making a nest, i'll need a nest too.

Frithra leaned down, and tugged on a patch of grass. Her teeth sliced and gripped the slick, green material, cutting it clean from the ground. She raised her head, the vegitation hanging from her lips like whiskers. The sharp, minty scent of the grass wafted into her nose. She could taste the spicy plants brushing up against her tongue, making her eyes water.

This stuff is horrible. Oh, why?

She shook her head, letting some of the loose tufts of grass fall to the ground. Nevermind. I need to make my nest. And quick.

Mouth full and head high, Frithra walked over to the warriors tent, brushing aside the leathery flaps of the tents. She moved with swift, jerky movements. She looked around, yellow slitted eyes peering around the tent. Nests of all kinds dotted the ground, standing out against the pale creamy color of the tent. The musky scent of earth filled the tent.

So some hatchlings have already been here... intresting.

She made her way across the tent in a few brisk steps. She dropped her bundle of leaves and grass, her eyes scrunched up in disgust as she wiped at her muzzle with a paw. Oh, lord that was disgusting. She hissed and flexed her claws, tail whipping back and forth in the air like a knife. Time to get out of here. I wonder what's in the main tent?

She waddled out of the tent, eyes shining curiously. The hatchling stalked around, tail held up high and nose to the sky as she followed the scent of fresh meat. She breathed in and sighed, claws digging into the soft soil below. Lovely... just beautiful. Truly beautiful. She crashed through the center of camp, eyes wide with glee as she rushed into a tent, the flaps brushing roughly against her scales.

She raised her her head to the air again and squeezed her eyes shut. The smell of freshly killed prey wafted into her nose and she broke of into a toothy grin. Mouth watering, she picked out a variety of different meats and arose from the line to finish her food at the bonefire.

~_~_~

user posted image

Ukert sucked in a small breath and sighed. She gripped her tail in her paws tightly and pinched the bridge of her nose, shutting her eyes. What's wrong with everyone today? They just seemed to be so... so.. Her eyes snapped open and she gazed around the camp. All of the hatchlings and adults... the tents, the trees and vegitation... oh the lovely view. A small smile cracked over her features. Maybe... just maybe everything would go well. But did the hatchlings know why they were there? Did they know what was in store for them? The hard journey ahead?

A butterfly fluttered down from the sky, stopping to rest on a slick piece of grass. She watched quietly, a sad look on her face. Stop worrying. Everything will go fine. She encouraged herself, taking in a deep shaky breath as she padded over to the fire. She slowly sat down and looked over. She noticed the neglected hatchling sitting alone, a troubled look on her face. "Is something wrong?" She asked, concern in her voice.

The time is now: 12:38 PM

user posted image

Perla nodded. "Yeah, maybe we should help him. He can't see me... what ever that means..." she said, becoming confused again. She turned her head abruptly to face the pink dragon. A short and sharp hiss came from her. "Why do you have four legs then?" she snapped, angrily. Although she could see that he was trying to be friends, it made her angry.

user posted image

"I saw you talk to the big brown dragon that also had blue. You two seemed angry... why was that?" he asked curiously. "He also reminded me when I had to talk to the elders. I bumped into a dragon like him. He almost hurt me! But I got away," he spoke up, trailing off into a story. "You aren't my trainer.... but I just wanted to talk to you since.. you remind me of my dad..." he continued, eyes pointing downwards.

user posted image

Lithi had heard the small footsteps behind her when she had entered. She turned her scaled head to watch the little version of herself, choosing the same meal as her. A small grin appeared on her face as she paused to turn around to get a better view. She finally choose a spot and sat down gently on the ground, her green eyes flicking around the camp, observing the hatchlings chosen by the elders. Lithi didn't like them at all. She didn't even know why she was chosen as a trainer, she hated the elders and they hated her. But when they came to her group, they seemed.... desperate. Lithi shook her head to get the thoughts away as she continued to watch the black hatchling.

user posted image

Juruth entered the main tent and strode over to the section where meat was served. Her head was held up high as she stalked towards it. She choose a selection of meats before taking her meal to the edge of the large tent. She sat down and began to feast, as she hadn't eaten from the day before. Ju finished her meal and stretched before following the black trainer, Lithi to the fire. All the dragons that had finished seemed to be around it. She didn't know many, except for maybe Dante. She trotted towards the fire and stomped a hoof, sending more flames to show off.

user posted image

Not seeming to realise that he had offended Perla, Jong happily chirped, 'This is how!!' He then spent the next few seconds showing her how he walked. 'I put one foot in front of my other foot, and then my back feet do the s-' Before his face smacked into his own nest, a dust cloud forming. The dust blustered up his nose, and, with a sneeze, Jong was thrown backward with a small plume of pink fire. 'See? It's easy!!' he finally added, nonchalantly.

user posted image

"Oh hey, Oblivion..." Aqua said to the Spitfire. She didn't really want to interact with anyone at the moment, but if someone came up to her then it could not be helped. At first, Aqua wanted to make more friends but as the day went on, she started to grow distant from all the others as if she was creating a bubble.

Aqua sharply raised her head as a purple-ish hatchling came and stomped, releasing a burst of fire from her hooves. Aqua was slightly impressed but made no effort to show it. She could not deny the other hatchling's power. Aqua whispered "Show-off"and lowered her head in boredom while looking dreamily into the snow.

user posted image

"Oh uh..." Not wanting to ruin the hatchling's innocence, Thece tried to think up of a different way to tell the story. "It was nothing.." Thece wasn't a very imaginative person. Being a planner trainer, his methods were always straight-forward and logical, leaving no room for creativity.

"So... What kind of dragon was your father?" Thece thought about his parents and remembered the shocked expression on their faces when he had hatched. His mother was a Water dragon and his father was a Skywing so they were puzzled at what kind of creature Thece was. He lowered his head to stop the hatchling from looking so high up and leaned in closely.

Edited by Drakonspite

user posted image

Shade quietly watched Jong as he demonstrated walking on four legs. He never really cared for the differences in legs, but something about Jong made Perla annoyed. Shade, not really wanting to be there if Perla blew a fuse, walked over to Icarus.

"Hey Icarus, let's go grab something to eat together."

Shade was going to give a friendly smile to reassure him, but he remembered Icarus wouldn't be able to see it, so he gave Icarus a gentle pat on the back with his wing.

user posted image

"Hey Icarus, let's go grab something to eat together."

Icarus blinked quickly, recognizing Shade's scent and voice. Flicking his tail on the ground, Icarus rose and nodded his head.

"That...that would be nice. I don't even remember the last time I ate something."

Have I actually ever eaten before? Am I even hungry? My stomach is feeling kind of weird, so...Gah, I wish I knew things. Why does everyone else seem to know what is what while I seem to know absolutely nothing? Who tells them?

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Icarus turned towards where he thought Shade was, waiting for him to go first. He could follow by scent or by just being close enough to sense the other dragons presence.

"See? It's easy!!"

Perla scoffed, annoyed. "You can't even walk on four feet yourself!" She hissed. She shook her head impatiently. "Anyways, i'm going to get some food. Coming, Jong who walks on four?" She asked sarcastically. Perla turned on her heel, ignoring Shade since he left her to speak with the other healer. "Actually, lets go together. Where is the other healer? Doesn't mattter," she announced impatiently.

Ju turned her head to the other hatchlings. "I'm Juruth. Others call me Ju," she said briskly. The hellhorse hatchling sat down gently on the warmed up earth by the fire. "And what are your names?"

user posted image

Jumping up and down, Jong followed Perla, Icarus and Shade eagerly to the main tent for food. 'I eat food, too!!' he barked happily. 'I eat butterflies, what do you eat?!' Coming to the main tent, he open the flap and hoped that there were butterflies for him to eat. He couldn't think of anything else to eat. He'd never tasted meat before, since his mother and his siblings lived in the centre of a desolated desert - even with the river flowing strongly, no beast would live there for lack of prey.

"Butterflies?" Perla scoffed and rolled her eyes. "I eat meat," she announced as she opened the tent flap to reveal the food served in there. "Mm! Meat! I especially like birds, since my mother catches them for me," Perla added quickly as she lined up for some birds. "Try some finches," she said, taking two birds from the selection.

Kleva lined up, Quies taking fruit and some insects. She had to walk to the meats section and take some meat. They walked back to a side of the tent and sat down, eating their separate meals.

user posted image

Shade was happy to escort Icarus to the main tent. He lead him to a seat and sat him down.

"Stay here, I'll bring you something to eat, okay?"

Shade quickly grabbed a small portion of a meat and fruit, not sure which Icarus would like. Carrying them over, he dropped both in front of him.

"I brought you two things to eat. Tell me which you like more and I can get you more of that."

Shade sat and waited for Icarus before eating. He felt obligated to help his fellow healer before treating himself.

user posted image

"Stay here, I'll bring you something to eat, okay?"

It hadn't taken long to get to the main tent, which Icarus found that the path was rather easy to memorize. Now that he kind of knew the general direction it was from the tent he was staying at, he could possibly find it himself.

Shade's words made Icarus nod, resigned to the fact that he didn't know what to do or how to do it. While he had already decided that he was hungry, he didn't know how to get food. The smells in the main tent were too mixed up for him to pinpoint where everything was, so he had to rely on Shade at the moment.

I don't know if having to let another dragon help me is a good thing or not. While I know that I'm doing what I am told and being obedient, I feel like I'm being...lazy. I'm going to need to figure this all out and then actually stick to being obedient soon. What would happen if I didn't act like a healer? Is there a possibility that I'd be kicked out of whatever this is?

His thoughts were broken when Shade came back quickly, dropping two things in front of him.

"I brought you two things to eat. Tell me which you like more and I can get you more of that."

Icarus blinked as he caught the smell of the two different scents and bent his head to sniff them over. One of them gave off a hint of some sort of darkness and fat, while the other was fresher and more tangy. Switching his head back and forth between the two objects, nostrils flared, Icarus tried to figure out which seemed better. Both of them were some sort of food, that was something easy he could tell, and both smelled edible, but he didn't know which one he should pick.

After a second of thinking, Icarus turned his head towards where he thought Shade was.

"I think I'll take both of them. And...I don't think I'll need anymore than these two."

Trying them both seemed like enough for him. And, if he didn't like one, then he'll just do with the other. It would probably be enough for now.

(Assuming that the food is a rat and an orange.)

user posted image

Dante silently watched as the other dragons were taking food from the tent, and chatting among themselves. He was sitting next to his trainer, and felt a feeling of purpose and empowerment. Dante saw the way the Spitfire looked at him; it was the same look his father gave him all the time. The Silver puffed out his chest as much as he could in an attempt to seem big like the trainer. He was hoping he would notice.

"I'm just waiting for the others to eat first, then I will eat. We want everyone to be strong and h-health, right? It would be nice if the others talked to me though. I've o-only talked to Oblivion and Juruth. I guess I could talk to them after they're done eating...".

Edited by LegendOfKorraFan

((I don't know WHAT it is, just a meat of some sort and a fruit... lol))

My dad? Well he was like me, a tsunami but I had a freidn who was like you, just smaller. Her parents look like you," Rei explained cheerfully, although a large weight was pressing down on his chest and heart. "I miss them a lot," he said more sadly. Rei perked up his head.

"Okay, enough of me. How about you? Thece is your name?" he asked innocently, his eyes wide with curiosity.

Demeter

After the introductions, Demeter decided to join the others in finding food. She looked around. Seeing a tiny bird that looked well cooked, she snapped it up. She went around looking for fruit. After eating several, she spat out the seeds and stuck them into the ground out side the tent. "What are you doing?" A voice echoed from behind Demeter. She jumped as she turned and saw Chesu staring at her with confusion.

Chesu

Looking at the hatchlings having fun, Chesu made sure to remember the gatherers she would train. " There's that moonstone, tangar, the mint... Who else..." Trying to remember, she crunched a mango and walked to the mouth of the tent. She spotted Demeter shoving several seeds into the ground in front of the tent. Confused, she asked" What are you doing?"

Edited by Melomancer

user posted image

Jong looked at Perla with confusion and asked, 'What's a finch?' even though his mouth was already full of the bland-tasting bird. He was glad of blandness - butterflies weren't known for their exotic flavours, and he wasn't sure if he'd like something that would burst with flavours and textures and who knows what else. 'It's hard to chew ...' he found out. The majority of Jong's teeth hadn't come through yet, and he probably would never get teeth sharp enough to tear meat effectively. Leaving the finch half-eaten and mangled, Jong galloped over and grabbed too many leaves and vegetables in his mouth and fell back down where he sat. 'BWUBBOOWIKZOMGWIRN?!'

(I wanna hug Jong so much!)

Perla had a disgusted look on her face when he was eating, but when he came back with the vegetation, she could help smirk in amusement. "You look like a scaly flower," she mused, a soft giggling sound came from her. She fell silent as she began to eat her meal, the first finch. "I never know to eat anything other than birds," she said as she plucked the feathers to take another bite. "Plus, their feathers are good to sleep on," she added, taking another bite.