Kayrinda

Winged RP

James took the phone and opened it up before pressing the green button before handing it back. He then turned as he heard the faint sound of the horn before he then spoke, " That's the alarm. We're going to have to head back to the Keep." With that he then sighed once more before he looked to his brother apologetically.

Snapping the phone up to his ear Aeio cursed loudly and scooped up his bow, " censorkip.gif humans are advancing on Windkeep." he said before quickly took off, "Find me whenever you get there." he called to James over his shoulder, knowing that he would quickly outdistance him.

James nodded his head as he heard that before he then spoke, " Be right there." With that he then hugged his brother once before he began to beat his wings. The large limbs soon having him in the air before he rose up as high as he could flying as fast as his wings could manage to get to the keep. Knowing that it would take him a while and praying for a good strong wind to help him along.

Rena heard the bells ring and was glad Taou had done exactly as she had asked.

"How many? Where?" she continued asking with a practiced steady voice.

"I have no idea how many... But they're coming from the West, quite a distance away. We have time to prepare ourselves, but... They have helicopters." Rena cursed. Helicopters, just her luck. "Hey, you're Rena, right?"

"Yes, how come?"

"Go to Wind Keep, Rena. I'll hide and get up as soon as I feel better. Go, you're not strong enough to carry me up. If there's a Hunter, he or she might be able to get me there, but right now it is more urgent to get ready. I'll be fine." the Scout grinned and staggered a few steps, before he extended his wings. He winced a little with the pain, but managed to flap a little to get up into the trees, hiding himself among the leaves. Rena had no choice but to leave, even though it made her angry to not being able to help.

Rena quickly gathered the herbs she had dropped and took flight. Soon she was up in the Keep, now buzzing like a disturbed beehive. Hunters, Scouts, Warriors and Flyers were running around, all in a chaotic, but still organized, way. The young, old and families went inside their houses to safety and Rena spotted that weapons were given away to everybody ready to fight.

"They have helicopters!" Rena informed some Hunters and Warriors, who put the word around so that everybody would be aware of the threat. Then she went with the other Flyers and received a quiver full of arrows and a bow. Since Flyers were healers, they didn't need any of the heavy weaponry, which was given to the Warriors and Hunters. The Flyers also supplied themselves with bandages and some first-aid supplies from the storage house, before ordering themselves in a group. The eldest Flyer, a lady around her fifties with swan wings, quickly checked that everybody was ready before reporting to the chief. Rena felt nervous and scared, but she was surprised she felt excited.

I guess this is what they call 'battle-thirst'.

Shooting through the air Aeio quickly arrived at Windkepp to see that the alarm had been sounded and Winged were finding their teams. Since he wasn't at Windkeep much Aeio didn't have a team, no one to protect his back, he usually scouted. Diving the Keep Aeio glanced around, trying to see through the chaos. It was hopeless. Taking off again Aeio flew above the messengers that were zooming back and forth, and doing so quickly caught sight of his older brother, bellowing orders. Quickly landing beside him Aeio had to yell over the noise around them, "Eivan, how are we looking?"

"Not good!" Eivan shouted back, "I don't even know where the alarm originated, how far are the humans? Form what direction are they coming? How many are there?"

"I'll find all that out." Aeio responded, "Your job is just to get everyone organized and then quiet as possible."

Connor quickly looked backwards as he heard the alarm bells

Well that's unexpected He turned and looked at Chessayia, she was now holding the mystery man.

"You're new, so you don't know what they are, hurry up and follow me. Just leave him on your bed, there's humans coming" Connor said urgently. He spun on the spot and quickly walked down the stairs and exited, he could see several others flying up and grouping together. Connor flapped his wings and flew up.

"Whats going on?" He asked one of the nearest.

"Scouts just found out, there are humans headed this way. With helicopters!" Said a nervous looking hunter. Connor stroked his chin concerned.

"Well at least its not jets, helicopters have a pretty obvious weakness... but should we attack? The best option would be to make sure they don't find us. Helicopters going missing will only incite more searches of the area," Connor said thoughtfully. A thought struck him, if he was right in predicting a storm up here, the snow might be helpful... but he didn't know when it would be arriving.

Nodding she follows Connor calling to Nate "I want you to stay here, I will send someone to take care of you and the other guy." She rushes out the door and shifts into her huge black bird form following Connor quickly. She sees everyone gathering and she shifts back mid air wings flapping. "I could always lead them away in my bird form." She says her newly dyed hair swaying in the wind. She uses her newly found hearing as she listens to the wind and the slicing of blades through the air. "Their close, We must decide quickly or we will all be dead by the morrow."

((We need to agree on the time the humans will reach the Keep

Maybe this afternoon? Or in the middle of the night tonight?))

Edited by Raven301

((So agreed?))

As he shot up again Aeio flew towards the outer edge of town, to the east as it was the most likely direction humans would come from. After flying for half an hour or so Aeio spotted smoke on the horizon and, flying lower now, quickly came upon the human's camp. It looked as if they were taking a break, resting the horses. Horses were the only way they could get even this far and up ahead was a cliff that they would need helicopters or jets to scale. Getting closer Aeio heard the sound of a helicopter above hie head, Just my luck. Taking quickly stock of the camp Aeio estimated they had about as many soldiers as they did Winged in the city, but that was before you took out the young and elderly, and the sick or injured. Groaning internally, Aeio creeped closer and closer to the camp, trying to find out what kind of weapons they had, when some instinct told him to duck. Slamming against the ground Aeio felt a current of air ruffle his hair as a bullet whizzed past his head. Dang it! I've been spotted! Aeio mentally cursed himself as he shot up into the air. Loosing a few arrows in the direction of the troops Aeio watched as three of the guards toppled from their saddles. As he did so he also noticed the helicopter was getting closer, the huge gusts of wind from it's propellers were knocking Aios wings off balance. And it had guns. Big guns. Cursing again Aeio started flying as they began to shoot again, zigzagging and crisscrossing, trying to confuse them. Aeio let out a breath as he quickly out distanced the copters shooting range and then quickly adjusted his course for home again.

James soon made it over to the others carefully before he then spoke, " How close are they? I didn't see them here but still." With that he then sighed softly as he looked around before a thought hit him. " Where is Taou? Knowing him he would try to do something stupid and go after the humans himself." With that he then turned as he looked for the young boy.

"James! James! James! James!." Taou said loudly from a few feet behind James, "Can I fight?" he asked excitedly, bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet, "Or maybe I could be a messenger, ya know I could fly back and forth and spread news and orders. That'd be fun."

James turned quickly as he heard that voice before he grabbed Taou's shoulders. Holding him close he then shook his head, " You are too young and still in classes for flying. I don't want you getting hurt during this. This is not fun Taou people could die."

"Idon't even need those classes! The only reason I go is because Aeio says he will take me with him next time he leaves after I finish them!" Taou complained, "I bet I can fly better than at least half of the Winged fighting today! I won't even fight, I will just hover over the battle and carry messages back and forth."

James sighed softly as he looked to him before he then spoke, " You are still too young Taou." With that he then shook his head once more before he then ran a hand through his hair once more a trait he seemed to be picking up as of late.

Connor noticed the large wingspan of James and casually hovered over. Hearing the cries of the boy Connor smiled.

"Maybe he could be of use, we can strap some explosives to him and send him straight to the main force, that ought to scare them," Connor said. He raised his right arm in a lazy salute.

"We will remember your noble sacrifice, and I promise that if you die I will consider my door repaid," Connor said mock formally still saluting. He then turned his eyes onto James.

"James there's a snowstorm coming, I think the best chance we have is to use it to our advantage and get everyone to safety. They'll have superior weapons, there is no point in fighting," He said calmly to the older man.

He then turned back and called out to Chessayia, "You shouldn't try and distract them, they'll be on you like hawks," He paused as he mused over the irony. Connor crossed his arms and turned his gaze to the west.

((Yea, night raid is fine ^^))

Rena took a deep breath and saw James, Taou, Connor, Chessayia and Aeio, though he left to scout the humans.

Be careful. Rena thought, because there was always a chance they hit him. Rena quickly glanced at the leader of the Flyers, who seemed to be occupied, and quickly ran to James, Taou and the others. She just heard how Taou asked, if he could fight.

"Taou, I have to agree with James. It's not like we don't believe you have skill, it's just because this is a real... well, not a war, but a t least a battle. And we need anyways someone to look after the camp. And not as an kamikaze." she said and then sighed. "Are you sure, Connor? Because there might not come enough snow to hide the village. But maybe as an distraction... I really don't know." she huffed and looked to the sky..

"Is Aeio coming back soon? Because we really know how many are there. But it's not really my, or our choice. The chief chooses in the end, what we do." Rena bit her lower lip and ran her fingers through her shaggy blonde hair. "But Connor, where would we flee? Winter is coming at the mountains and we have no other place to go. Where would you hide hundreds of Winged people?" Rena said.

"If there's a fight and anyone of you get injured, don't hesitate to go to a Flyer." she added quietly.

Edited by Kayrinda

James just glared at Connor before he then spoke, " We're not sacrificing Taou just because he upset you earlier." With that he then looked to Taou once more before he then spoke, " Look go run to the others and tell them to pack up their things. Whatever they can carry that will be needed. There are some shelters further ahead that some of the others started working on a few months ago." He then turned towards Chessayia before shaking his head, " In your bird form all they would have to do is turn the helicopter in a certain way and you would be nothing more then feathers and gore."

Rena looked at James at the mention of shelters.

"The shelters...? Oh yes, now I remember!" she said, slapping her forehead. "Geez, I'm stupid. But then we need to pack stuffs for a long time, just in case. Lots of food, all the warm clothes you can get and medicine." she listed, already planning her packing.

James just shook his head as he then spoke, " I remember some of the scouts talking about them before I left." With that he then shrugged before he then looked towards Connor, " You know the wind patterns better then most. Which way will the snow hit us? We need to get as many as the little ones out of here as we can. If a blizzard hits they won't be able to fly through it."

Connor looked up, watching the flow. At this altitude it was fairly easy to judge which way the wind was flowing.

"It's coming from the east," He said after a while.

"Between a rock and a cold place, my guess is that the humans don't know about it as of yet. If it's severe they might pull out entirely. But James is right," Connor said, mentally hitting himself as he said it.

"We need to be prepared and the only option is to go to the shelters," Connor paused gazing back over towards the oncoming force.

"Someone will need to go and make sure Aeio is alright," He said. He looked over towards the east, the mountains were blocking a fair bit of the view.

"If it doesn't bother you I'm going to go and watch the clouds," He said. Connor flapped his wings and flew upwards, he wrapped his coat around him, burying his face into the collar to keep out the harsh wind. When he reached the peak, he carefully sat down. On the horizon there was a small line of clouds. Much like one you'd see at sea, it was the obvious indication of a storm.

"I hope it doesn't get here too soon," He said to himself. Connor sighed and decided that he would stay, he would return when he felt the cloud formation was too close.

"If they need my help they can come and get me".

(To those people who don't know I'm going on a holiday tomorrow so Kayrinda's gonna be taking control for a bit)

Rena took a deep breath.

"James, will you go and inform the others to evacuate themselves to the shelters, please? I'll go and see where Aeio is." she said to James before taking off. The air smelled of cold. Now, people claim, that cold doesn't smell like anything. But in the North, you learned the smell of it - or actually it was more like the lack of any smell. It was a clean, fresh smell, which warned some deep instinct about the oncoming coldness. Rena shook her head and concentrated on the flying. She quickly circled upwards, mindful of the gusty wind from the East, before turning to the West. Winds from the East were always cold, since they weren't warmed up by the sea. Rena glided for a second and watched around for any sign of Aeio, but saw none. Just as she was thinking of turning around, she noticed a zigzagging movement.

"Aeio!" Ran exclaimed, as she recognized the figure. But her smile soon was wiped off, as she noticed far off the helicopters. How could she have missed them? The wind. It had blown away the sound of the flapping. They were far away from Aeio, who seemed to have confused them of his whereabouts, but they quickly noticed Rena, who had been flying without even trying to conceal herself.

"Perkelepaskahittosaakeli." Rena cursed many times, the words blurring together as she tried to think what to do. She couldn't attack them, so she could only flee. But not towards Wind Keep, she would bring them straight to them.

Fly North. She thought and hoped she was doing the right thing.

"They accidentally noticed me! I'm flying North to distract them!" she yelled to Aeio's direction. Rena started flying as fast as her falcon wings could carry her, hoping he would see her and understand why she was flying away from home - because she didn't want anyone to come after her and endanger themselves.

James nodded his head to her before he then turned as he began to talk to the others to get them out of their and to get them to the shelters. With that he then moved to attach the slings that were used to carry the little ones. Watching some of the adults leave with bags of things while carrying their children he then turned. He then went to help some of the others getting them packed with the things that they would need.

As Rena sped of north Aeio watched with growing horror as the guns shifter from him to her. Speeding up and quickly overtaking Rena Aeio shouted over the howling wind, "If you are going to lead them off I am going with you!" As soon as he said this Aeio dropped back and began looping and zigzagging again.

Obviously put out Taou slowly lowered himself to the ground and began going from house to house, making sure everyone left and asking if anyone needed help carrying stuff. I am not too young! Taou thought indignantly to himself as he worked, scowling.