Kayrinda

Winged RP

(Connor wasn't actually aiming the harpoon at Taou he was aiming to grab him)

Connor snarled angrily and turning on his feet he shot out of the window after Taou. Connors wings extended out and he quickly began to close the gap between them.

"Get back here! If you stop running Ill just cut off one of your hands!" Connor shouted angrily, he began to gain height on Taou, planning on diving down on the boy.

(How about Connor grabs him and Aeio and James stop him before he goes too crazy, maybe they convince him to make Taou help him with gathering stuff out at the hunting grounds? Are they hunting grounds?)

James looked at the scene of his house with wide eyes before he looked to Aeio. His mouth open as he pointed from the door to the harpoon that had been lodged into one of his walls. He then sighed as he spoke, " That boy is going to make me grey headed before my time." Moving to the kitchen he finished his breakfast before putting the dishes in the sink. He then spoke, " Connor is an experienced flyer. We're going to have to go save Taou before he ends up plucked."

Edited by JaylaCaine

"I like hands!" Taou called over his shoulder before quickly pulling his wings in close on his back and diving down to street level. Twisting his body Taou opened his wings a fraction and just missed slamming into the ground. Spinning around corners Taou groaned inwardly, "Could you have waited till I was done eating?"

"A fair point, I think the boy deserves a scare though." Aeio pointed out, "We should go after them though, just let get my sword, be right back." Walking over to the spare room he had slept in Aeio unhooked the broadsword's scabbard from the pants he had worn the day before, rehooking it on the pair of jeans he borrowed from James. Walking back out into the dining room Aeio nodded to James, "Ready if you are."

Edited by Raven301

James sighed as he looked to Aeio before he then spoke, " Just a while so that he learns that he can't keep doing this." With that he then shook his head as he moved to his room. Grabbing his herbal bag having a feeling that one of them would end up injured. He then looked to Aeio before nodding his head, " I'm ready." With that he walked out of the house and spread his wings before he took off into the air after the flying duo.

(Uhh that harpoon is attached by industrial cord to Connor, its how he lunged forward so quickly while in the house).

Connor, looked down at the boy and snarled. Watching the boys movements Connors trained hunter eyes soon figured out a pattern. Connor pulled in his wings and dropped. He squinted is eyes against the onslaught of wind and then opened his wings just as the boy came past him. Connors hand shot out and grabbed a hold of his wing.

"Got ya!" He shouted triumphantly.

Rena had been hearing it for a moment. Noise from Jame's house. But she had never expected to see Taou fleeing from Connor. She wasn't sure what it was all about and she definitely didn't understand why was Connor chasing Taou, but she knew she'd have to try to put sense into them. Rena started running, but before she reached them, Connor had managed to grab Taou's wing.

"Oi! Connor, let him go. And someone sensible explain me what is happening?" Rena called out, ruffling her falcon wings a little.

And I just wanted a peaceful morning, a cup of steaming coffee and a good breakfast with rye bread.

Edited by Kayrinda

((M'l I'll edit real fast))

Walking out after him Aeio quickly gained altitude as he beat his wings. At a hight where he could see the whole city Aeio quickly found the two. At least Taou isn't completely stupid. He thought as he watched the boy dart in and around corners. But not smart enough. Seeing Rena Aeio dived and pulled up next to the trio, "Taou pulled a prank on Conner so Conner decided to feed him to mountain lions, which I will not let happen by the way."

"Owwww." Taou complained loud and long, "Do you know how bad it hurts to be yanked out of the air as fast as I was going?" he asked indignantly, "Connor is trying to rip my wings off." he complained again to Rena.

James flew from his house to where the others were in time to see Connor grab Taou. Settling back onto his feet he then shook his head as he then spoke, " You are the one that flew out of one of my windows. You knew what you did was wrong." Sighing he then looked over to Connor, " There has to be something you will take besides his hand. He is just a young boy."

Connor looked from Rena to James to Aeio then back at the boy.

"Morning Rena, don't mind us," Connor quickly wrapped his cable around Taous limbs and let go of his wings.

"Alright I won't take your hand. Maybe Ill slowly cut you with all the shattered glass from my window," Connor said, grinning evilly at Taou.

"Maybe I can use you as bait for the mountain lions while I go hunting. Although there might be the risk that they climb up the tree I hang you from and get you. But I'd be willing to take the risk," Connor said. He then looked up at Aeio.

"This kid needs to be scared, he needs to know he can't do whatever he likes and always get out of this. If you have a better idea on how to teach someone a lesson please let me know. Maybe Ill wrap up his wings and force him to live in the normal human streets like I did. Then he'll have a much greater appreciation for the things around him. You wouldn't believe how happy I was to finally get a proper roof over my head, after years of sleeping in nothing but a tattered old blanket. Then when I was forced to break my new house just to get in and out of it. Well, I think just taking one hand is a much easier thing to go through then what I would do if you weren't a child," Connor said harshly.

"So you would push that pain off onto someone else?" Aeio was liking Connor less and less, "And the things you threaten are crimes on their own, and I tell you I have to authority to see you punished if you were to go through with them. This is stupid. I agree he needs to be disciplined but he is 10 the last time I checked and that is not how you discipline a 10 year old, so let him go." through out his small rant Aeio's voice remained at a cool low and his eyes never left Connor's, "I will deal with his punishment."

James stepped forward before he then spoke, " I may know a way Connor. Yes what he did was wrong but he is a child." Taking a breath he then looked the man in the eyes, " Have him as your apprentice. Teach him what a hard day's labor is like. Let him know what it's like to work all day and come home exhausted. As long as you do not hurt him physically we won't get in your way." Setting a hand on Aeio's shoulder he then spoke, " As long as he is able to fly to my house at the end of the day for a meal and to sleep he can apprentice under you."

Connor looked at Aeio.

"Aren't you the one who looks after him? If you knew about how often he pranks people then why haven't you disciplined him before? If you have been why is he still doing this? Clearly you haven't been harsh enough, so someone else should," Connor paused and looked down.

"You say I'm putting the pain on someone else, and a ten year old. I was ten when I was living in the streets. And I'm passed the pain, that was years ago. Now I'm a happy member of this winged community," Connor said. He looked about them. Connor through the still tied up boy to his feet.

"I'm going hunting, do what you want with him, there is no way hes apprenticing under me, maybe make him work in the kitchens... no he'd just spit in everyone food. But if he ever crosses me again," Connor said turning his eyes on Taou.

"You will not be a happy young boy afterwards," Connor. Put his harpoon back in it's holster and flew up into the air.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Shrugging off James' hand Aeio scowled after Connor. His sword leaping into his hands Aeio cut through the bindings holding Taou and resheathed his sword before taking off in the opposite direction of Connor without another word.

"Thanks you guys." Taou said glumly, more disappointed that Connor had been able to catch him than anything. "So whats the punishment gonna be." Taou asked rubbing his hands together, "I have a busy schedule today."

James looked up as he then spoke, " Aeio has been away the last few months." He then looked to the teen with a sigh before turning to Taou. Seeing the look on his face he just shook his head as he then spoke, " Your going to have to watch yourself. Connor could have easily hurt before we got here."

Rena watched silently at the exchange of harsh words between them. Her dark eyebrows - which clashed with her nearly white hair - were in a frown and she had crossed her arms. When Connor left, Rena sighed a little and set a hard stare at Taou.

"You know, he wasn't entirely wrong, even though his methods are too harsh. You are a little nuisance." But Rena smiled and ruffled Taou's hair, obviously joking. "Well, we seem to have to give you a punishment for doing one of your little tricks. If nobody has any else use for you, I'll take you with me to gather some herbs from the Green Sea, before the first frosts come in." she explained. "But before that, I'll have a quick word with Connor, and then I'll have a breakfast. Meet me at the mess hall, if you have nothing to do." With that, Rena walked after Connor.

"Hey. I know you hate it, when people do this and start nagging at you, so I'll keep my message short, but you really don't have to snap like that. I mean, I cannot control your way of speaking, but at least try not to be so... intimidating." Rena chuckled. "Good hunting."

Then she quickly walked to the mess hall, which was now getting more full with people. Rena went to a long table, filled with various foods. Foods from the capital city areas, like bacon and eggs, and also some foods from the northern areas, like sour milk, rye bread, and Rena's favorite: karjalanpiirakka. There were only a few left, since most winged from the northern areas have munched them down, but Rena managed to take a few. Some ham and cheese on them, and voilá, you had a smörgås made of a karjalanpiirakka! However, she was a bit unlucky - milk had ran out, so she had to drink water, since she didn't like sour milk.

Rena sat down and started eating her breakfast. It was going to be a long day, so she had to eat a lot. Finally, her stomach was satisfied, at least for the moment. Rena took her plate to the kitchen and stepped outside, not sure if Taou would appear, or not.

((Wow a lot has happened.))

Yawning Chessayia sits up in bed, her hair slightly rumpled but still perfect as ever. Turning her body she stands and gets up, going into the hallway and to Nate's room. Knocking she enters and sits on the edge of his bed, rubbing his back. "Nate hun, time to get up." He rolls over and stretches, grumbling and curling into her side. She picks him up and takes him to the kitchen, setting him on the counter before going to the fridge and opening it. Stocked with things to make meals she makes her and Nate scrambled eggs and toast. The smell of food awakens Nate even more and he perks up enough to go get dressed.

Dias

He was in a white room, wings tied with thick ropes of plastic that cut into his skin and his hands locked behind his back with metal wires. There were other people in the room, their faces blanked out and their own wings pulled behind them, the feathers displaced and ripped out.

A thin wire fence was spread around the room, keeping him and the other winged close to the walls. The colors were frozen, with only white, grey, and black hues covering the surfaces of everything. In the middle of the room, outside of the wire cage, stood two winged facing a line of humans that were covered in shades of grey and black.

One of them was a man, and he stood tall, his face blanked out with light shades of grey and white. The other was a child, a little girl, and she held onto the man’s hand, long white hair covering her blanked out white face. Both of them had wings, with the man’s being grey with black spots covering the areas where the skin was bare. They were raised away from his body, with one of them hanging over the girls form. The child’s wings were pure white and held slightly away from her body, the feathers thin and clean.

His wings were raised in an uncomfortable position and his feathers were bristled up with agitation with every other winged in the room. Words garbled from somewhere on the ceiling and the blackened men raised distorted guns, aiming towards the two in the center of the room.

The man next to the child curled his wings and pulled the girl closer to him, smooth grey face twisted in a mix of emotions.

He couldn’t move, his feet welded to the steel flooring. A few of the other winged started to throw themselves at the wire fence, their yelling and shouting muffled. The dark colors started to distort into different surfaces as the men covered in blacks and greys pulled the trigger.

Before a shot could go off, he was suddenly next to the girl, taking the place of the man. His wings were open but the feathers were falling out, scattering over the floor. The child was holding onto his hand and he was facing the men with the guns, the blacks and greys and whites breaking apart and twisting objects into other shapes.

The guns shot and he tried to leap forward, tried to pull the child with him, but the floor fell away, chunks of puzzle pieces of grey color flung into an abyss. His wings wouldn’t carry him and hung limp on his back, just two lumps of useless flesh. And though the darkness swallowed everything around him, covering sound and colors with a thick blanket, he could hear another round of shots being fired, over and over and over again.

Dias jerked awake, his wings flaring out and scraping painfully against the tree he was leaning on. His breath came out in wisps of mist as he sat up, his wings trembling and the feathers raised in aggravation. Gritting his teeth, Dias rubbed a hand over his face, trying to get back into reality.

It was morning, the sun already half way up in the sky. Dias sat next to the trunk of a large tree and let his wings go limp, the limbs trailing onto the ground. It took a moment, but he suddenly had the revaluation that he had been sleeping on the ground, out in the open, all night. The thought jerked him completely awake and he tried to use the tree to help him stand up. The blood rushed up to his head and Dias leaned over as his body complained about the sudden movement, his limbs heavy and feeling weak.

With the sudden feeling of being weak, the small part of his brain that still cared for his well being spoke up.

When was the last time I've eaten?

Letting out breath through his clenched teeth, Dias straightened up and leaned on the trees trunk, organizing his thoughts. Coming to the conclusion that, yes, he actually did need to eat every once in awhile, he turned his gaze to the surrounding area.

Dias had camped out very close to the twin peaks Bercca and Oshy, in a place with a few trees and bushes.

Flaring out his wings, the skin still stinging from scraping against the tree, he started to think about what he was going to do. Digging in his pockets, Dias pulled out his bandana and goggles, tying the fabric over his nose and mouth and securing the goggles over his eyes. Shaking himself to get more blood flow through his body, he hopped into the air, wings swishing downward and pushing air underneath him.

Flying through the air in spirals, trying to get more height, Dias raised a hand over his eyes and observed the area. Flapping his wings a few times and then conserving his strength and gliding, he tried to find a place to get something to eat.

Something small...like an apple...Actually, no, not an apple. Something smaller...I don't need something that big...

And then there was a gust of wind that almost knocked him out of the sky. It wasn't strong or even cold; no, it was just filled with the scents of breakfast foods.

Flapping his wings quickly to keep in the air, his heart speeding up, Dias tried to pinpoint where the smell was coming from. Swirling around in the air, something flashed in the distance, in-between the two peaked mountains.

Squinting his eyes, he started to move quickly towards the area, the thought of food finally becoming important. When he got close enough to see the place in-between the mountains, he came to a halt, wings keeping him at a hover.

A village or town, here? Did I miss something in geography class? Bercca and Oshy don't have a village right in the middle of them.

People were moving around in the area, some of them using wings to fly up in the air. This made Dias realize that he could be spotted and he flew close to the rocky walls of the peaks, hoping that his clothing and wings wouldn't be too noticeable.

The food smell was still heavy in the air and he could just feel his stomach curling in on itself. He was going to have to eat, but no way was he actually going to just waltz in as if he lived there.

Hugging the peak walls, he spotted a house that didn't seem to have much activity in it. He didn't know if anyone was in there, but the house was the closest to the rock walls and he didn't want to risk being seen as someone not from here.

Curling his wings slight, the limbs not even close to touching his body, he dived towards the house silently and then pulled up before he hit the second floor window. Taking a quick glance around, he pulled up the window, thanking whatever that was up there that it was unlocked.

They probably never have any break ins. A place with winged and no regular humans must mean that the town is secret. It's too high up for normal people and the only way that anyone without wings could get up here is with a flying machine. Lucky for me, I guess.

Slipping through the window, he found that the room was plainly furnished, as if it was a guest room. Peeking through the doorway, he could hear sounds of someone downstairs.

Dias pulled back and tried to think of a plan. He might be able to overpower whoever was down there, but that wasn't a good plan, since they would probably be healthy while he was suffering from starvation.

I admit it, not eating wasn't a good idea in the long run, but I still might be able to knock them out using surprise.

(Sylviinael, does the house that Chessayia and Nate are staying at have two floors?)

James just sighed softly as he looked around before moving a hand through his hair. He then spoke, " That would probably be a good punishment Rena. If you need I can come help you out as well." With that he then tilted his head as he looked to her once more before he then looked to the boys.

((Yeah, Nate and her have a larger house.))

Nate comes back in blue jeans and a white tshirt. She smiles and finishes their breakfast, dishing it out onto plates and leaving a little in the pan. Nate sits at the table and eats happily as Chessayia watches him and nibbles on her food.

Standing there for a moment Taou thought it over, If he didn't go with Rena they would probably give him a punishment later, after he did something else, but if he did go he would give off relatively easy, get to go down to the Green Sea, and be able to pick up... He'd go then. Taking off Taou zoomed over to the Mess Hall just as Rena was coming out. "You are saved, help has arrived!" he said in a deep voice, dive bombing the space right next to Rena.

James shook his head lightly as he watched Taou take off. Turning towards Aeio he then spoke, " That boy is going to age all of us with his tricks." With that he then chuckled before running a hand through his hair once more before he then began to head back to his house, " I don't know about you but I want to finish my breakfast."

"Breakfast sounds wonderful." Aeio said, following James on foot, gazing at the houses that rose above them on either side.

James nodded his head as he walked into his house before he then moved towards the kitchen. Seeing nothing amiss he then sat back down at his chair with a tired sigh. " The day hasn't even started yet and I'm already tired."