Kayrinda

Winged RP

"I don't think I was here for that." Aeio said as they began to descend on the town, "Ok you lead from here. Where do we want to land?"

James nodded his head as he then spoke, " You had gone on one of your trips at the time." He then moved forward as he pointed towards a large backyard as he leaned back to let his wings glide him down instead of worrying about a harsh landing.

Folding his wings along his back, Aeio quickly shot past James, "Slow poke!" he called as James glided down behind him. Turning in a circle to view the yard, Aeio glanced up at the house, it was modest enough and looked comfy. "Lead the way." Aeio said gesturing towards the house as James landed.

James just smiled gently as he then spoke, " You know my wings aren't built for speed Aeio." With that he then grinned as he wrapped his wings around his chest knowing how his mother didn't like them. He then spoke, " I'll be back in a minute." With that he then walked on inside the house using his key before smiling as he saw the brother he came looking for before talking to him for a bit. Soon the two came outside James to the right and his almost identical copy to his left.

Looking back and forth between James and what Aeio assumed was his brother, Aeio walked over to meet them, "Hello, I'm Aeio, you are?" Aeio said, his hands in his pockets, unintentionally being a little rude.

James chuckled before he then moved the side and just waited for things to even out.

Jake tilted his head as he then spoke, " I'm Jackson but everyone calls me Jake. James has talked about you some. Says your great with your weapons." With that he then smiled as he looked to him once more.

"Uh, yeah. I've been shooting since I was old enough to hold a bow." Aeio said, unslinging his bow from over his shoulder. Blowing the dust off Aeio's hands automatically fell into shooting position, "And I heard you'd like to learn how."

Jake nodded his head as he then spoke, " Yes. Some friends from school have invited me to go hunting with them and I'd like to know how before I go make a fool out of myself." With that he then smiled as he looked to him before holding out the bow that he had kept at his side.

((K biggrin.gif ))

Slinging his over his shoulder Aeio took Jake's bow and tested it's draw weight. "It's a nice bow." he commented, running his hands along the body, "Have you tried shooting before?" he asked, handing the bow back.

Jake looked to him before he then spoke, " The only time I have used a bow was in a P.E. class last year." With that he then smiled gently as he then took the bow in his hands and set it beside him.

"Ok are you right handed or left handed?" Aeio asked. Since he had a right-handed bow he was probably right handed but it always did good to ask.

Jake looked to him before he then spoke, " I can use either hand but it was just easier to buy a right handed bow." With that he then shrugged as he looked to him once more.

"Ok, say we are aiming for that tree," Aeio said pointing at one of the numerous pine trees in the yard, "Point your feet and shoulders to the right, facing the house." He said, demonstrating.

Frowning slightly he then moved to copy Aeio's stance before holding the bow up a bit. He then spoke, " Like this?"

Unslinging his own bow Aeio nodded, "You got the stance right but hols the bow like this." As he said this Aeio moved his right hand to the string and pulled back with his pointer,middle and ring fingers and moved his lefthand to steady the body at the hand grip.

Jake nodded his head as he then moved the bow in the right hold before he began to pull back. His hands a bit shaky with the unfamiliar position but more or less correct.

"Ok, now slowly let the string loose." Aeio said while drawing two arrows, "When you put the arrow on the string make sure the odd colored feather is facing away from the bow. This feather is called the cock." Handing Jake one of the arrows Aeio set his in place and drew the string back.

Moving his hand slowly so as not to hit himself with the string he then turned to him. Taking the arrow that was handed to him he then watched him before moving the arrow back like Aeio did just slower.

"You got it, now let the tension out slowly again." Aeio said doing the same, "Do you have an armguard?"

Jake followed his motions carefully before he then shook his head. He then spoke, " No I figured that if I used this more often that I would get one then." With that he then looked to him once more.

(( I really hate living in a different timezone than USA. Makes me fall behind in the RP ^^' ))

Rena looked back at Taou, who was asking what they were looking for.

"We're looking for yarrow, calendula, mullein, valerian and some scullcap. But don't worry, I know how they look like, so just follow my directions on what to pick up." she called back. Soon, Rena saw the grove, where most of her listed herbs were. She started circling down and was quickly on the ground. She scanned the ground and quickly spotted some yarrow and scullcaps.

"Okay, take a few of these. Not all of them, remember. I'll go a little deeper into the forest, don't worry." she said, as she walked a little. Rena found the rest of the needed herbs, though a bit less than she had hoped. Oh well, better than nothing!

"Pretty good, let's go and take these back to Wind Keep and-" But Rena was interrupted, as a frightened-looking Scout appeared. His wings were ruffled and his clothes were a little torn. But Rena had seen him earlier, so he wasn't a newcomer.

"What has happened? Are you alright?" Rena demanded with a steady voice. The Scout took a few deep breaths, before managed to gasp something.

"Humans. A scouting legion. Coming this way. Saw me and shoot at me but missed." he said. Rena froze for a second, before whipped her head around to Taou.

"Go and alarm the Keep." she said urgently. "I'll try to get him up..." she continued, but gave up. He was too heavy for the light-framed healer. "Sorry, I'm too tired to fly..." the Scout muttered.

Eyes widening in alarm Taou immediately took off, going from almost hovering to full speed in a way only he could. Shooting towards Windkeep Taou quickly reached one of the outlying guards, "Humans are coming! He said quickly, gasping for breath, "A scouting legion near the Green Sea." Landing, Taou watched as the guard blew into a horn, signaling his fellow protecters, and a few moments later he heard the big bell in the center of town ring three times. He knew what it meant and now so did the restof the Keep, humans were coming.

"Ah, actually you need one to pre-" suddenly Aeio stopped, his cell phone was ringing, his cell phone never rang, unless... . Fishing it out of his pocket Aeio quickly handed it to James, "How do I answer this thing?" he growled impatiently.