Kayrinda

Winged RP

"I know he feeling." Aeio said sinking into his own chair, "But, unfortunately, life must go on." With that Aeio cut himself another bite of cinnamon and popped it into his mouth, "Have you ever ridden a horse before?" he asked James suddenly as the thought popped into his head.

Chuckling softly as he bit into his cinnamon roll glad his house was warm enough to keep them from freezing he looked up. Hearing the question he nodded his head, " When I was younger my mother thought riding lessons would be interesting. We went for a few months but stopped when I broke my leg when the horse spooked and threw me." After answering the question he then looked to him, " Aeio do you want to ride a horse?"

"Seems like it would be cool." Aeio said putting another bite of cinnamon roll into his mouth, "I've seen wild herds before but I've never had the time to actually stop and try riding one. Are there any in Windkeep?"

James looked to him before he then spoke, " If you like we can head down to my brother's house. He still goes for rides and I'm sure that he wouldn't mind taking you out to ride one. It'd be safer then trying to ride any of the wild ones." He then shook his head, " No there aren't any domesticated horses around here but there are some wild ones that are pretty shaggy. I'm trying to get some cows up here though so that milk won't be so expensive."

"That'd be nice." Aeio said, commenting on both the horses and the cows, "Could you take me down there after we eat?" he asked as he finished off his last bite. "How old is your brother?" Aeio asked suddenly, thinking that he should repay him in some way.

James smiled as he ate the last of his rolls before he then spoke, " Yes I can take you down after we clean up our breakfast dishes." He then finished his milk before he then spoke, " I'm the oldest at twenty two. My oldest brother is twenty. Then I have another brother who is sixteen and he is the one that still has riding lessons."

Rena heard Taou's voice booming and saw him coming towards her. She grinned a little and ruffled his head.

"Come on, youngster. We need to go first to the supply house to get bags, where we can gather the herbs." she said and led him to the supply house, where she gave him a small bag. Rena quickly checked the message board next to the herbs, where a few Flyers had crossed over some herbs, and written some new ones. She memorized the herbs they needed to get, before took her own bag.

"Okkey-dokkey. Now, I'll tell you what the herbs we need to pick up look like, but remember: leave a few on the ground, so that there will be some next year. Sovittu? (Deal?)" Rena said, as they made their way to the cliff.

There, Rena quickly took off and flew a short while, before she started circling around, waiting for Taou to catch up with her. The wind was now getting stronger and Rena had to adjust her wings with the gusts.

Connor sighed and looked up at the sky, he was currently resting on the roof of the mess hall, he hadn't really needed to go hunting. Yesterdays week long haul had been successful. His eyebrows rose as he saw Rena and that annoying boy Taou flying away, he figured that they couldn't see him as neither one reacted, the boy would've freaked and Rena probably would have come over and told Connor to get back to hunting. Connor chuckled, amazing how no matter how frightening he could be to a child someone roughly his own age was in no way afraid of him.

He sighed and stretched, sleeping on the floor was something his body was used to, but sleeping on a pile of glass wasn't and there were annoying aches in his back as a result.

"Might as well do something practical," Connor said, kicking himself up. He calmly stepped off the roof and dropped landing on the path. He noticed a few little white flakes, bending down he looked at them.

Strange, snow shouldn't be on us at least for a few more weeks he thought worriedly.

It could be salt? he thought. Reaching out to touch the small crystal he felt it melt at his touch. Connor frowned. If there was an early winter coming he would need to go and get some more food.

Connor shook himself, It's only a little ice, we live in the mountains it can happen he thought, but the doubt lingered. The two years he'd been here the winter he had been an excellent judge of the weather, the same way he was an excellent judge of where the best hunting spots would be. Connor looked up at the sky; there was no sign of clouds, which was surprising, on most days he'd enjoy a rare sight like this. Connor finally sighed, better safe then sorry. He didn't want to go hunting as his preferred area had a lot of medical herbs and he could be all too sure that, that was were Rena and Taou were off to.

Connor looked through the window of the great hall, where many of the other hunters were sitting over breakfast. They had a set order, they would go as a group for one day and gather up a large hunt, each bringing home a good amount. Then they would not go for at least a fortnight. Connor, proffering solitary hunting had to go more frequently, occasionally going on larger trips to gather more, often with a helper.

A helper would be handy he thought. Maybe that new girl, she didn't have a job yet, apart from looking after her boy. Also her bird form might be handy. Connor began to walk towards her house thinking, she would need some form of weapon, he would do the majority of the hunting but anyone out there would need some form of protection. He didn't know what she would do with her boy if she did agree to help, maybe let James look after him? Connor sighed, why did that guy have to be so helpful. Well giving Cheesy... Chessaya... the new girl some help would be his way of apologizing for his way earlier, he didn't like having friends, but he would only resolve to have one enemy/rival and that was James. Arriving at the house Connor looked over it, two stories and probably a lot nicer than his glass stained one, probably a proper door too. He raised his right fist and knocked on the door.

(Didn't Dias decide to pop in at Chessayia and Nates house?)

"Okie-Dokie." Taou said lifting off after Rena. Quickly catching up, Taou looked down at the landscape beneath them, "So what are we looking for?" he asked over the howling wind.

Nodding his head Aeio got up and took both his and Taou's dishes over to the sink, "Anything I could teach him that he would be interested in?" Aeio asked as he filled the sink with soapy water and began to scrub, "Sword fighting? Knife throwing? How to shoot a bow?" Stopping suddenly Aeio thought to himself and, laughing, voiced his thoughts, "I sure am violent. Hmm lets see, does he like flying? Or science?"

James smiled softly before he then spoke, " You could probably teach him how to shoot a bow. He is wanting to get into bow hunting but since he is the only one interested in hunting like that none of the reset of my family can teach him." As he then turned the water on he then chuckled gently, " You just like your weapons which is okay. Yes he does like flying but science isn't really his thing."

Hearing the knock she checks out the window and sees Connor. "Hey Nate, go let Connor in, offer him some breakfast while your at it."

Nate goes to the door and opens it. "Hi dere! Want some breakfast." Chessayia chuckles and finishes her food, taking hers and Nate's plates to the sink. Looking at the amount of eggs she sees that they have enough for two more people to have some. "Hello Connor." She says not turning around as she washes the dishes.

Smiling to himself, Aeio nodded, "If we stop by my house I can pick up my second bow and show him how to shoot." Finishing with the dishes Aeio quickly dries and stacks them beside the sink, "I wonder why he doesn't have wings." he said, mostly to himself, "If he is interested in flying and you have proven the gene runs in the family." shrugging Aeio walked back to the guest room, calling over his shoulder, "Let me get my things together and then we can stop by my place and then your brother's."

James looked to Aeio before he then spoke, " Sure we can stop at your house." With that he then dried his hands before he then turned with a shrug of his shoulders. He then spoke, " I have no idea. I got my wings at age seventeen. I graduated high school at sixteen thanks to some grade jumping I was able to do."

(Yes, he's at Chessayia and Nate's place)

-Dias-

Dias could hear two people talking downstairs and tried to rethink his plan. One person he could maybe take out, but two was not possible.

Before he could think of anything else, someone knocked on the front door downstairs.

Now there's three?!

Gritting his teeth in annoyance, his wings bristling, Dias backed up from the stairs, heading back the way he had come.

He could wait it out. They couldn't stay in the house forever and, once they left, he could raid the kitchen.

Too distracted to pay attention, Dias entered the plainly furnished room with his wings still spread out. They stuck on the doorway and, caught off balance, the winged tripped up and half rolled, half fell forward.

Trying to catch his balance, Dias flared his wings out in a panic, causing the situation to worsen. One wing hit the bed with enough force to push it back, causing the wood to scrap against the floor. The other wing hit a bookcase, making the tall wooden furniture rock back and forth haphazardly before finally stabilizing. His wings threw him off balance even more, throwing Dias into the bed frame face first.

Slowly picking himself up off the floor, wings still flared, Dias rubbed his head as pain flared into being. His goggles had been knocked up and were tangled in his hair while his bandana now hanged limply around his neck. Suddenly realizing that he had just made a lot of noise that everyone downstairs probably heard, Dias stumbled to his feet holding his head, back arched and wings dragging on the floor as the dull thumping pain slowly persisted.

The door had been slammed into the wall and now was slowly swinging back to its regular position, so anyone who wanted to get in would have to open it up. Dias could barely think straight, the top of his head and face aching from its contact with the bed frame.

Damn it, now they know that I'm here. What am I supposed to do?!

The only escape route was going through the window, but, in his current confused condition, Dias wouldn't be able to pull it off without injuring himself even more.

Damn it, Damn it, Damn it! What am I supposed to do?!

Edited by GreatDragon

"Hold that thought Connor." Chessayia fluidedly shifts into the huge bird and kind of run hops up the stairs into Nate's bedroom, spotting someone with wings she shifts back into her own Winged form. "Hello there, I wouldn't suppose you would want breakfast." She laughs and smirks, crossing her arms over her chest and tapping a bare foot. Nate comes running up the stairs and trips over his extended wings, looking up sheepishly he spots the unknown person in his room. "I didn't invite you in, I invited connor. Who are you?" The little boy reaches and grabs Rico the bunny, aiming it at the head of the unknown boy just in case he had to throw it.

"Grade jumping." Aeio said absently, walking back into the kitchen, this time with his knives and strikers accompanying his sword, "I'm going to pretend I understand what that means." As he said this Aeio walked over to the front door, "Ready to go?"

James chuckled softly before he then spoke, " At some schools at the end of the school year there is a test. You take the test and if you ace it you can have the option to take the test for the next school year then. If you do well on that you can go on until you can't go further. I was able to jump from first grade to fourth. I didn't have many friends so I spent all my time studying, reading, doing anything I can." With that he then grinned as he walked after him before nodding his head, " Yeah I am."

-Dias-

"Hello there, I wouldn't suppose you would want breakfast."

Dias jerked at the approach of the unknown person, wings raising up slightly, the feathers bristled in aggravation. His head was still aching and actually seemed to be getting worse. There was some sort of ringing in his ears and it was making him even more confused.

What is this?!

"I didn't invite you in, I invited connor. Who are you?"

A little boy appeared and grabbed a toy, aiming it at him. Dias looked at him a little dizzily, still trying to figure out what was going on.

What is happening? Shouldn't they be chasing me out? I...I just broke into their house!...?

Dias looked at the both of them, his wings going limp at his side.

"I...I don't understand."

His energy seemed to suddenly be gone and he collapsed, unconscious.

"Sounds fairly efficient." Aeio said, opening the door and taking off outside. Speed flying over to his house Aeio unlocked the door and coughed as a gust of stale dusty air blew into his face. Waving his hand around to clear the air a little Aeio darted inside and grabbed his bow, it's quiver, a spare set, groaning at the mess the living room was in. Popping back outside he slug them over his shoulder and nodded at James to lead the way.

James chuckled before he then flapped his wings a few times before he then went after Aeio. Knowing that his wings were built more for long travel then for speed. Once at the small house he chuckled as he landed carefully on the roof before he then looked down. Waiting for Aeio to head out and once he did he laughed softly, " Finally realized how much dust had appeared in the house?" With that he then leaped off the roof and began to fly.

"That is one of the any reasons I put off coming home until the last moment necessary." Aeio said as he took off after James, "Where does your brother live anyway?"

James chuckled as he then spoke, " Is that also why you sometimes sleep either my guest room or outside instead of cleaning your house?" With that he then chuckled once more before he then continued, " Down the village and a few miles past there."

Connor followed the two up and was surprised to see a man in their room. He scoffed, and ignoring the man, spoke to Chessayia.

"I'm fine for breakfast thanks, I was wondering whether you'd be willing to help me with some hunting. You don't have a job yet and I could use some help" Connor said his eyes gazing past her large wingspan to look at the mysterious man, now unconscious.

"If you want to help him out, feel free, Rena's gone so you'll have to find another healer". Connor walked over and placed his hand on the mans neck, he felt a steady beat, although it was rather weak. Connor bent down and gently picked up the limp body, he grunted slightly.

"Anywhere I can put him down for now?" Connor asked, looking at the bed.

(Connors carried Moose corpses, a human is nothing)

"I hate cleaning!" Aeio exclaimed, throwing his arms in the air, "I spend about 5% of my time in my house, and no one else goes in there so why should I clean it? It makes no sense." Shaking his head Aeio glaced down the mountain at the village coming into view, "It looks homey enough."

James just shook his head lightly as he then spoke, " You can always move your stuff back to your dad's house or even to somewhere else. Let someone else live there if you don't want to clean it or spend time there." With that he then nodded his head as he then spoke, " Luckily they are loyal to the Winged after we helped in that fire two years ago or we'd have reporters up here all the time or scientist trying to get us into labs."