Kayrinda

Winged RP

Leaning against the door frame Aeio quietly took in all that went on around him, I've never seen a winged turn into a full bird. He thought to himself, gazing after Chessayia, then again he had heard that if a human wished it hard enough, it was possible. That was how most got their wings anyway. Spotting James Aeio tried to call out to him but it came out as a groaning mumble. Pushing off of the wall he stumbled over to the older Winged, "James." he managed to get out.

Returning to the Keep she lands and looks at James and Aeio, her new hairstyle flowing out, still very long but the streaks look beautiful almost gothic. "I figured out how I turned!" She looks pleased with herself. Her new Hair only longer.

James turned as he heard a noise behind him before he noticed Aeio. Moving to him he then frowned as he knelt down in front of him before he then spoke, " Are you feeling okay Aeio?" With that he then moved his hand up to his forehead to check for fever. He then turned as he tilted his head, " How? Rena will really want to know so she can help figure a way to help others."

"J j just cold." Aeio stammered wrapping his wings around himself, "D d do you h h have a shirt I c c could borrow?" He asked, lips blue.

((Shortio))

James nodded as he picked Aeio up into his arms and wrapped his own wings around him. " I do." He then began to walk to his house and opening the door and leaving it open he set the boy in front of the fireplace. Getting a fire going quickly he then moved to his room and grabbed a sweater that he had been given years ago. He then moved back and held the shirt to him. "How long were you out flying without the proper clothes Aeio" he asked gently as he then curled his wings around himself.

"Fine I'll look for Rena." Growling she turns and rushes off to find the girl. "Hey Rena! I figured it out!" She calls as she rushes up to her. Using her wings as a shield against the cold she goes by her newest friend. "Don't let anyone get too angry, that could cause a chain reaction with their genes. When I first turned I was very angry at humans and decided to scream.... But that really didn't turn out too well." She pauses for a moment, "Also once you have your first shift it comes naturally to you." Yawning she returns her gaze to the sky.

((After everyone gets their character to sleep, we'll do a timeskip to the next morning biggrin.gif

Oh, and Sylvi, the Winged can't go into towns with their wings out - nobody wears "fake" wings on normal days, so they would attract attention. smile.gif ))

Rena wished 'Good night' to Connor and bit her lower lip - a bad habit she did, when in deep thoughts.

Keep an eye at her? Well maybe, we really don't know... Rena thought, but soon noticed Chessayia running towards her, with new clothes and her hair dyed.

"Wh-when.. How?" Rena managed to stammer, pointing at her hair and new clothes, before Chessayia told her the reason why had she turned into a huge bird.

"How do you know? And how? I mean, Winged get angry every now and then, but they don't turn into huge birds and fly around. I understand, that we might have something in our genes, but..." Rena asked, feeling frustrated with the little amount of information they all had.

Why, how, when, where, what? Especially, how? Rena thought to herself, chuckling mentally. These days, she was asking a lot of questions.

"I I I don't k k know." Aeio said, pulling the sweater on over his head, "T t too long. P p plus I am u u used to flyin in w w warmer weather." Moving closer to the fire Aeio tried to dry his hair out for the ice flecks in it had quickly melted and drenched it.

((Ah okay xd.png))

She catches her breath "So I was extremely angry and I felt a tugging at my gut, I had thought it was just cramps so I just let it happen. Then that's when I started to shift, the shift will happen naturally. Rena try something for me, go deep in your mind and find your animal spirit. I want you to welcome it and see what happens, see if you shift."

James sighed as he looked to the young boy before he then moved and grabbed a towel from the closet. Moving back he then began to rub it over the boy's hair before he then spoke, " So that is where you have been so long. Out enjoying the sun and the warm air." With that he then chuckled once more as he continued to try to dry the boy.

Allowing James to rub off his hair, Aeio shrugged with a small smile, "I've been down south, past the Rich Plains." He explained as his body slowly warmed up. "What have you been doing lately?"

James just chuckled as he looked to him, " I have been visiting my family. My brother is still accepting that I'm different but my mother still has issues looking at me." With that he then shrugged as he then began to finger comb the boy's hair before he then grinned. " That and teaching the little ones how to fly."

Looking away as James mentioned his family Aeio wondered what it would be like to be regular, without wings, "What's it like?" He asked James suddenly, interrupting him. Aeio had never been very good with manners, spending all his time alone. "Living without wings I mean."

James looked to him as he heard the question before he then tilted his head in thought. He then spoke, " It is different. You have to walk everywhere or ride in a vehicle. The houses are smaller seeing as you don't have to worry about wings." Looking down at him he then spoke, " It is just like living here but down there you don't have wings and there are more wingless then winged."

Rena stared at Chessayia for a second.

"A spirit animal? Like, the bird's wings I have?" she asked, but she knew the answer was just that. Rena silently motioned Chessayia to follow her to the training area, which was now dark and empty.

There, she focused and tried to call her bird form. Nothing happened. Rena chuckled a little bit.

"Sorry, Chessayia, I can't do it. Not at least today, I'm exhausted. It's getting late, so you and Nate better go to your new house and get some sleep. I will go to sleep now - see you in the morning." she smiled, before turning around and walking home.

The door wasn't locked - there was no need - and there was still some embers in her fireplace. Rena threw a few pieces of wood to keep the fire alive. Then she changed her clothes and went to bed, wrapping her wings around her like a feathery blanket. Soon she was asleep.

((A quick reminder - time skip to morning after everyone gets their character(s) to bed))

Connor ignored the conversations around him as he quickly made his way to his 'new' home. Arriving at the front step he gazed up at it, internally comparing it to the house he lived in when he was young. Sighing he reached down and pulled up the mat to find the keys.

"Just like he said, god that was obvious, you could feel they were there through your shoes," Connor said angrily to himself, glaring at his mental image of James (imagine caramelldansen). He sighed and put the key in the lock and turned, yielding no response.

"What the?" He said aloud. He turned it, turning it all the way around and pulled, the lock came out.

"Oh for the love of," He said angrily. Connor grabbed the handle and pulled. No good, the door held firm. He angrily raised himself off the ground and kicked it with as much force as he could. Once again the door wouldn't budge. Connor landed and rammed his shoulder against it.

"What the hell is this thing? A redwood?" He asked angrily and hit the door. Connor grunted as he felt the pain travel up and jar his still injured arm.

"That's it, I bet this was a joke, good one James I'm getting in whether you like it or not," Connor said determinately and quickly flew to the side of the house. His eyes lit on the window, Connor flew straight up for probably 50 meters then arched his back. He didn't have falcon wings but he was adept at gliding, even if it was at a 230 degree angle. Twenty meters from impact Connors hunting instincts took over, flipping his body midair he drew his harpoon and hurled it forward, smashing through the window seconds before his body, feat first, hurled through. Connor rolled, diverting as much of the momentum as he could. He lay flat on the carpet, ignoring the shards of glass that were currently trying to cut through his coat.

"Ill clean this up tomorrow," He said, sluggishly. Connor stretched his arms, still lying down and yawned loudly. Groaning he rolled over slightly, giving enough room for his wing to emerge from his back once more, having quickly been drawn in before entry. Rolling back he wrapped it around him, the feathers providing a thick enough coat to keep him warm. Connor closed his eyes and began to sleep.

(I never really planned on having Connor properly sleep in a bed in his own house... thought this was a fun alternative. Unless someone walks in to wake him I'm all good for the timeskip)

Yawning Chessay nods and finds Nate and takes him home. "Theres stuff on your bed. Goodnight!" She kisses his forehead and goes into her room, stripping down to nothing and taking a hot bath before wrapping herself in her wings and going to bed

"I knec about the houses and stuff." Aeio said thinking of one time he had spend an entire month enrolled in a college. He really hadn't learned much, he was way past the information they had taught. Snapping back to the present Aeio gazed around James' cozy house. It looked almost identical to every other house in Windkeep, "Hey, can I stay here tonight?" He asked adverting his eyes. Knockknockknockknock. Snapping his head up Aeio stared at the door, who would be out in this weather? He wondered looking back at James, "If You had one guess at who that was what would you say?"

((Can Taou be the one who did the door trick at Connor's place?))

James nodded his head as he then spoke, " Life without wings is pretty much the same as life with wings just a few changes." He then nodded his head gently before he then spoke, " Sure you know my guest rooms are always open to those who need it." He then frowned at the knock on the door before shaking his head slowly. " I would say either Taou or your father looking for you." With that he then went and opened the door to figure out who it was.

((If no-one's going to post soon, we'll do a timeskip by the latest of the day after tomorrow (12th).))

Edited by Kayrinda

((Uggghhhh sorry!))

Jumping up and down slightly on the balls of his feet Taou knocked again at James' door. As it opened slowly Taou popped his head in through the crack, "Hullo James." He said, slipping the rest of the way into the room, "I never did find Aeio again so I came to take good on your offer to let me s- oh there he is!" He broke off as he spotted Aeio still sitting by the fire, "Why is he in here?" He asked looking up at James.

James smiled gently as he opened the door wide to let Taou in. Looking down at him he then spoke, " The bed is still open if you want it Taou." He then moved to let him in before he then chuckled. Setting a hand on the boy's shoulder he then spoke, " He got used to the sun and the warm weather. So he is here to warm up." With that he then grinned once more as he looked to him.

((Sorry, time's up!

Time skip to next morning~ ))

The rays of the rising sun struck Rena's eyes, waking her up squinting. She yawned and dressed up warmly, knowing that the air was freezing before the sun warmed it up. Anyways, winter was coming quickly and the winds were turning icy up in the mountains. When Rena opened her door, she saw a sparkly sheet at the top of the mountains. The ice wouldn't reach Wind Keep yet, maybe in a week or so. But the possibility of ice certainly would make it dangerous to try to land at the mountains. Also, even though the ice wouldn't reach the Green Sea in nearly a month, she should start to gather herbs, before they froze up and died.

Rena took a breath and watched it form a little cloud as she exhaled. There wasn't any wind yet, but she knew that soon the wind would rise. At the same moment, Rena noticed that there was smoke coming up from the chimney of the mess hall.

Breakfast! her stomach demanded. Rena had to agree with her stomach, so she started walking towards the mess hall in the brilliant weather.

Edited by Kayrinda

James yawned softly as he heard others moving around outside his home. Getting up he then ran a hand through his hair as he made his bed. Fluttering his wings a bit to make sure that the feathers were all straight before he then turned. Changing into a pair of jeans, socks, shoes, and then a first was putting a sweater on his wings going into the carefully made slits. Moving out of his room he had a brush in hand as he began to brush his hair before he then went to check on the boys.