Kayrinda

Winged RP

Brushing past Rena on the way out Aeio muttered a quick sorry, not really paying attention to who it was. Aeio hated the shelters, absolutely loathed them. Even though they were large as far as shelters went they were too small for him, even if he didn't have wings and wasn't constantly being chased he would have been highly claustrophobic. One of the first out of the bunker Aeio immediately took off, shooting towards the very peaks of the mountains with no intention of stopping.

Connor stood up and dusted himself off.

"It's not that odd, from what I could see that storm was gonna be bad. There's no way they could fly their helicoptors through it, plus they wouldn't have brought supplies for a snow storm." Connor said as he once again began the process of folding his vest back into a coat.

"I learned it back when I was around 7. A kid at school show'd us and I wanted to try. I didn't start with a knife of course," Connor reassured Rena.

"But when I was on the street that little game got me more money then the other beggars. I had enough to treat myself to a nice meal everyone in a while," Connor paused, a nice meal to him was a can of baked beans eaten cold.

"Some of the nicer people even said I had a nice singing voice, maybe I could've starred in Spamalot if my life had been different," Connor finished. Following the others he exited, flinging his coat back on, he looked up and saw Aeio flying quickly away. Connor chuckled to himself going back in there definitely wasn't something he'd like to do soon.

Rena watched after Aeio and hoped he wouldn't be off for too long - he obviously was going to fly for a long time. Then she turned back to Connor.

"That sounds really cool, you know. The most awesome thing I know is how to make a really great snowcastle." she chuckled sarcastically. "Wow. Such awesome."

Rena fluffed her wings out as she stretched, shuddering a little in the cold air.

"Huu, seems like I have to get my winter clothes on! These autumn ones aren't thick enough." she said to no-one specifically.

Alice

suddenly she remembered. "Where will I stay?" She asked. Alice hoped it wasn't at an orphanage. She looked at Rena.

Rena smiled to Alice.

"Well, I'm sure there are still some empty houses, but I have some space too, in mine - in case you don't want to live alone. If you see an empty one, I guess you can have it. However, you have to go and ask for the key from the mess hall."

Flying at top speed Aeio soon reached a small one-roomed cottage on the edge of a steep cliff. His eyes flicking around the nearby trees Aeio flew into action, first he cut up some fire wood and placed it near the door he then gathered loose stones off the cliff face before ducking inside. Lighting a candle Aeio coughed at the dust before reviewing the interior. Fireplace, bookshelf, pantry, cabinets, and a worktable, Aeio checked things off in his mind before turning to the clutter in the corners. Books and art and cut stones and new weapons all heaped together. Yanking on a sword stuck in the wall Aeio drew the blade from its scabbard and shined it with his shirt before laying it by the door. Next he picked up a book and examined the spine, it was falling apart so he walked over to the work table and began to repair it. So Aeio slowly worked through only one of the many piles of what others may have called trash, repairing and improving each one.

An arrow was pulled out from one of the dead humans. Their bodies were freezing up quite quickly, so the arrow was nearly stuck. Nevertheless, it came out. Better get all of the arrows, before the humans came back from the corpses. Tino's purple eyes flashed. He had been flying around the Wind Keep, observing, learning, thinking. If the humans had succeed, it would've gone all to waste. He didn't want it to happen, thus the killing. Not that he enjoyed it, he just saw it was necessary.

One... two... Tino counted the arrows he had shoot. Eight. Not that many, actually, but the humans had acted like a bunch of rabbits, so just flying an arrow towards them was enough.

Tino had been flying around restlessly for awhile; he was sure he had seen someone fly away from the Keep... He had to talk to someone, explain and hope for the best.

Tino nearly crashed a tree, when he noticed a tiny cottage on the edge of the cliff. It was quite a distance away from the Keep, so Tino decided he would risk and talk to the person inside. He noiselessly landed in front of the house.

"Knock, knock." Tino said as he pushed the door a little, unsure if the other one had locked it already.

Spinning around and bring the sword he was working on quickly into a defensive position Aeio quickly reviewed the stranger in front of him. He obviously wasn't a new winged, he had equipment especially designed for humans with wings, "Who are you?" Aeio asked, taking a step closer, "And if you're not trying to kill me can we go outside? I really hate it when people look at my work before I'm done with it."

"If I were you young lady, I'd choose the option of living with someone else. Rena here," He indicated Rena.

"Is probably the nicest person in this whole settlement, and trust me living by yourself can have terrible consequences. I moved into my house just yesterday, but I've already lost both the front door and the side window into the living room," Connor said.

"And believe me, anything is better than living out in the streets," He said, shuddering. He paused as he wondered;

Why are all the keys kept in the mess hall? He chose not to convey this thought. Connor stroked his bare chin, wishing he had a beared.

"Hey Rena have you seen that, chess... new-girl-bird-girl?" He said, struggling with the words.

"I was planning on taking her out to help me hunt, but I didn't see her while we were inside," He said.

Alice

"Living alone does sound scary. If it's ok with you Rena I'd like to stay with you." She peeped. Everything was better now. She acknowledged Connor. "You can't say that. Sure you have skin as rough and tough as concrete but you probably have a heart of gold."

Rena smiled to Alice and Connor, feeling quite happy.

"Sure, you can live with me." she said, before frowned a little a Connor's question.

"Chessayia. I haven't seen her for a while... Did she make it to the shelters with Nate?" she asked, a worried tone attached to her statement.

~~~

Tino raised his palms out, to show he had no weapon in his hand at the moment. Though, he could get one from his belt, if he wanted to... He glanced quickly around, noticing the signs of cleaning.

"Sure, uh, sorry t' interrupt ya with your workin'." he said with an apologetic smile, before walked out from the house. Tino stood there, shuffling his wings a little.

"My name 's Tino." he called out.

"Aeio." Aeio said shortly as he walked outside, lowering the sword, "Where did you spring from?" he asked as his eyes again flickered over Tino, "Have you been living on your own or with another group?" Aeio had often found signs of another group of winged that were just as large, if not bigger than Windkeep, he had always kept a sharp lookout whenever he traveled.

Tino tilted his head a little and stared at Aeio.

"Yer a traveler, just like me. I'm not from here, ya know? Ya have seen a few other villages, just like yer Wind Keep, right? " he smiled knowingly.

"I've seen them too. An' why am I here now? I was traveling around here and... Well, ya guys seemed to have some trouble, so I decided t' help ya out." but then Tino's eyes glazed over and his wings slumped down.

"Oh no... Knowing th' humans, they're just goin' t' come back! I probably made them really angry..." he cursed and bit his lip.

"Well, worryin' won't bring th' dead back t' life. Ya guys just need t' probably make a backup plan in case they come back." he sighed heavily.

"Anyways, since ya seem t' know 'bout these other villages, maybe ya would like t' come with me? Ya know, we could try t' unite all of th' winged - we'd be stronger that way." Tino said, his eyes gleaming.

Edited by Kayrinda

As Aeio heard this he subconsciously shuffled his wings and adjusted his feet, he felt the urge to wander away right now without warning. But he knew that if Windkeep didn't hear back from him they would come looking, and find his hut, and try to figure out why he just left. "I am most certainly coming but first I have to check in with Windkeep, you are welcome to stay here or come with me either way."

Tino looked away, watching some stray snowflakes float with the wind.

"I'm not sure if I'll be welcomed there. I am a stranger, not t' trust at, ya know?" he sighed, touching his bow. "They might not like me, an' I don't want t' bring any conflict 'nto yer Keep. Durin' times like this, we all need t' stay t'gether." Tino added, but couldn't resist the thought of a warm meal and a soft bed. His feathers ruffled in the wind as he tried to figure out what to do.

"Well... I can't say I wouldn't want t' come t' yer Keep for a short while..." he had to admit.

~~~

"Come on Alice, I bet you want to see my house and pick a room for yourself!" Rena smiled, gently tapping the girl's hand.

"And Connor, if you want a hot drink before you leave for the hunt, you are more than welcome to come and have a glögi at my house." she added, as she spread her wings out, stretching them.

"Ouch, the muscles are all cramped up!" Rena complained as she tried to get the stiffness out from them. Soon her wings felt better and Rena took a look around.

The mountains had now a layer of snow on them, giving them white caps. Even the Green Sea didn't look that green anymore. The air was chilly and Rena noticed, that her breath formed a cloud as she exhaled. The winter sun had risen and the snow sparkled in the light like tiny crystals.

"Now this... This is why I love winter." Rena said, grinning brightly.

"It is surprising how much land can be covered with just one blizzard," Connor crossed his arms, he was all for natures natural beauty but years of absolutely dreading the cold winter didn't make snow his favourite site. He sighed, it wasn't winter he should appreciate it for now.

"You know it's only autumn, that was a freak blizzard, the snows probably gonna melt soon," He said.

"The only thing I like about winter is the fact that it makes hunting a lot easier, all the animals around here like to hibernate. And I suppose nothing beats the chill quite like a warm drink, so Ill accept. Although, what is glögi? I don't speak Finnish" He said. Connor spread his wings out, trained to hunt in all climates he didn't suffer from cramps. He smiled, smugly.

"A very short while." Aeio said, "Maybe a meal. Just wait here a minute." Ducking inside the hut Aeio quickly belted a finished blade on to his hip, stashed a couple of rebound books in a bag, and grabbed an old bronze compass before emerging again. Nodding at Tino Aeio allowed himself to simply fall over the edge of the cliff, snapping his wings open at the last minute, soaring over the sparkling snow.

Tino smiled a bit as he opened his snow owl wings at took off after Aeio.

~~~

"True, the snow will melt quite soon." Rena admitted.

"Hm? Oh, glögi is a warm drink, firstly. It has spices and it's made of juice. The main spices used are clove, cinnamon and ginger. Older people like to put some stronger drink into the glögi, but I prefer it just like it is. You can add some raisins and almond." Rena described. "But you have to taste it first, so you can really know."

((Glögi looks something like this and is enjoyed around Christmas; and usually the cups are like in the picture. There isn't an English Wikipedia page for glögi, but there are Danish and Norwegian and stuff ))

Alice

"Alright." She said. "Brrr it's cold." She flapped her wings. "Where is your house?" She asked. The snow would melt but why was that sad to her? She hated snow!

As Tino followed behind Aeio he slowly sped up until he was at almost top speed. The thought of going off again filled him with an urgency he hadn't felt in a while. Slipping into a roll Aeio smiled at laughed at the snowy landscape as it passed beneath him. Continuing to laugh as he reached Windkeep Aeio pulled up on Mainstreet, near Rena and a little girl. "Rena!" Aeio called happily, "Here's a book on the way wing shapes affect flying." Aeio said digging around in his bag and handing an old book to Rena, "Oh and this is Tino, we are going to Dining Hall to get a bite to eat before leaving.

Rena was just about to answer Alice that her house was just around the corner and they could get her some warmer clothes, when Aeio appeared seemingly out from nowhere.

"Aeio!" Rena exclaimed and greeted him. Then she looked at the old book in Aeio's hands and carefully took it into her own hands.

"Thank you so much! I'll start reading this immediately - I'm sure it will help me during the lessons." she continued, but stopped talking as another Winged appeared.

He had purple eyes, blonde hair, light skin and white-grey clothes. His wings were of a snow owl and he had a bow and arrows. In other words, he didn't look like anyone Rena had seen in Wind Keep.

"Hello. My name 's Tino. I'm from 'nother Winged town." he said with a grin.

"Uh, hi. My name is Rena. Another Winged town?" Rena added, looking at Aeio.

"Yea. We're goin' t' go an' try t' unite all o' us, so that we will be stronger, ya know?" Tino answered for Aeio and Rena raised one eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

"Well, since you two seem to be off to, uh, save to world, I won't hold you back. Only thing, does either one of you have basic healing medicine, in case of a crash landing or something else bad?" Rena asked with a worried tone.

Tino started to laugh and couldn't stop for a short while.

"Looks like ye have a true healer here!" he grinned to Aeio and then bowed to Rena. "Don't worry, m'lady, I have some herbs with me - ya see, I've been around here for a while, so I saw when the healers went an' got some o' them herbs." Tino explained.

Laughing along with Tino Aeio nodded towards Rena, "We shouldn't be gone too long," Aeio said adding after a moment "I don't think" Taking off again Aeio quickly flew over to the Dining Hall and ordered some chicken, mash potatoes, and green beans, "And give Tino here whatever he wants."

Tino nodded to Rena, Alice and Connor before he took off after Aeio. The smell of food wafted into his nose as he entered the mess hall and his stomach grumbled.

When was th' last time I ate a warm meal? Tino wondered to himself. Aeio was just ordering his food and Tino walked over to him.

"Huh? Oh, I'll have some potatoes an' meat an' something green." he smiled to the cook, who nodded and told them to sit down. Soon two steaming-warm plates were set in front of them.

"Thank ya so much!" Tino said, but the waitress didn't say anything, just glanced at him uncomfortably.

"Seems like they know I'm not from here. Or if they do not know, they don't like my appearance." he sighed and started eating the food like a ravenous wolf.

~~~

"Well, that was interesting, if anything." Rena said out loud and crossed her arms, shaking her head.

"Geez, I bet they will fly straight into a mountainside and not notice it before they have flied through it." she sighed. Then she turned back to Connor and Alice.

"Okay, guys. Lets go inside before we freeze out here." Rena smiled as she started walking swiftly towards her house. She needed to put the book into her shelf before it got any moisture from the air and got ruined.

As they finished their meal Aeio took his dishes and dropped them in a bin of water near the door before turning back to Tino, "Ok I'm going to go drop something off real quick, be right back, just stay here and try not to look suspicious." Taking off Aeio quickly flew over to James's house, writing a note about where he was ging in the cover of one of the two remaining books. Dropping them at the door step Aeio then flew over to his house to pick up his weapons before returning to Tino, "Alright we can go now."

Edited by Raven301

Connor, wrapped his wings around himself and followed after Rena, while he would be unwilling to vocalize his thoughts. The events had stressed him out rather significantly and after their passing he would prefer not to move too quickly. He looked down at the small girl following idly behind him.

"If you're cold just do this," He shrugged his wings slightly.

"You'd be surprised how well feathers can work as insulation" He said. He looked up, and saw Rena's figure rapidly moving away, he sighed and increased his pace.