Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

Bastian glared at Diana for a few seconds. He hated when she didn’t treat him a bit more “professionally”. Just because he is new doesn’t mean he didn’t know what to do. Even as captain of his own ship he still needed a first mate which he could consult with but clearly this isn’t how things are going to be here.

“Don’t test me Diana.” Bastian spoke as he walked closer to her. He then just took her plate which had the other half of her sandwich on before taking a seat on the far side of the room.

Meaghan slowly took one of the chairs and nibbled on her sandwich from Gladys. She listened passively to the conversations and questions, taking it in.

Then Diana said something troubling. She was skipping right to making moves in a controlled manner. Did she assume everyone could control their Fiend? Meaghan turned red and looked at Diana worriedly. "Um...I've never successfully asked my Fiend to appear and go as I wished reliably. He kinda just...comes and goes." The fact that she had so little control worried her, wondering if there was a class before the class that she missed.

Bella didn’t move to look at the Artur when he spoke to her. She just looked at Helios who as about to leave. Her eyes were teary, red and her facial expression was quite sad.

“I’m fine sir. It nothing, just my own stupidness.”  Bella spoke still trying to stop herself from crying. She in away knew it was kind of silly to cry over such a matter but she was just one of those people who expresses herself quite a bit.

"Don't say that, my girl. You're not stupid at all, I heard you at the infirmary." Artur now realized it was the girl who was about to answer someone's question earlier when he opened the infirmary door. "I'd say you're pretty clever even. Say, what's your name? Or should I keep calling you my girl?" He said, smiling.

---

Well, that didn't help much... Jake thought, none the wiser after asking about the elements. What does it even matter that I don't know my element? I know Fardale. And I know I can trust him. As he was thinking about his Fiend, he felt a tingling in his chest. Fardale wanted to comfort him. I trust you too. He felt better now. Let's just wait and see how things go. He took one of the empty chairs and sat down as the inexperienced girl mentioned she hadn't even summoned her Fiend yet. Looks like he wasn't the worst student so far.

Nimlos had finished her sandwich ages ago, and when she noticed people were starting to go to the Meeting Hall, she decided to follow. Nimlos heard some voices inside and stepped in. She just heard how Diana explained about summoning their Fiends.

Nimlos stood close to the wall, listening with her eyes wide open. She could communicate with Khelek, but she had never actually summoned him. When one of the girls said she had never summoned her Fiend, Nimlos cleared her throat a little.

"Neither have I. Or at least, not successfully." she said, her voice surprisingly strong.

Meaghan turned to see the source of the new voice. She smiled slightly as she heard what she said. "At least I'm not the only one," she said, giving a bit of a nervous and relieved laugh. It was the first time she hadn't felt like the loner in the group, that she had similarities to somebody. She settled into her chair a little straighter, feeling a bit more relaxed now.

Diana smiled gently at the two nervous girls. She hadn't realised they were quite so inexperienced; usually those coming to the school at least knew that. But it wasn't the first time she'd had real beginniners. "No matter. Today is a day for the basics. I'll see the differences in experience between you all - I'll probably sort you into two groups. Bastian will take one, I'll take the other." Deciding she was still hungry, she took a step back and fumbled behind herself for the sandwich.

Which she couldn't feel.

What? Turning around, she saw no sandwich. Looking across, she saw a sandwich. In the hands of Bastian. Putting her hands on her hips, her blue gaze narrowed into the glare that only a teacher possessed. "And what do you think you're doing with that, Bastian?" she asked, voice laced with poison. "That. Is. My. Sandwich."

“Being clever is lonely.” Bella spoke looking down on to her lap. Thou she was a bright, enthusiastic, smart girl she never really had friends. Her excitement always got the better of her and that usually chased people away. Bella never really cared much for it but because she was away from home amongst stranger the feeling of rejections was a lot worse.

“Oh, um my name is Bella. Bella Roux.” she spoke breaking the silence. She looked up at Artur with watery eyes but she did give a little smile at least.

~~

“Yeah I know.” Bastian spoke looking back at Diana. Resting back in his seat Bastian finally took a bite out of it and giving a little smirk.

“It’s good.” He spoke again once he finished chewing. He could see Diana wasn’t pleased but he didn’t really care for it now. At least he got her attention.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Diana grumbled something about him regretting it in the future. Then, with a shake of her head, she returned her attention back to her students. Oh, he was going to get it one day. And it would be fair, only being revenge... She glanced about. "Been almost forty-five minutes now. We'll get started once everyone is here," she said to the room, clasping her hands together in front of her.

A certain kind of excitement hung in the air around Diana. She always loved to see the different Fiends that came about each year. They were all unique, whether the same in shape or not. There had been another unicorn the one year. Deciding that some students may have lost track of the time, Diana crossed to the door and opened it wide. "Everyone in the meeting room, please!!" she hollered down the passageways, hoping it would echo through partially.

"Well, nice to meet you Bella. My name is Artur, as I'm sure you remember. And I know how you feel. I never had much friends either when I was younger. I lost my parents when I was very young and the kids in the orphanage always picked on me. And suddenly having my Sprite flying around certainly didn't help. Even here at the summoner's school I was a bit of an outcast. But I'm sure you'll do much better, such a sociable girl like you will have lots of friends soon enough."

Then Artur heard Diana yell something through the school. "Did you understand what she said? My old ears are letting me down a bit lately."

---

Jake sat there and watched as the two teachers were arguing and Bastian, not Bastion as Jake though initially, stole Diana's sandwich. It also seemed there was another girl who had never summoned her Fiend before. He thought that was weird, aren't Fiends supposed to be a part of yourself, or a great friend? How can you know you have them, but not trust them or ever summon them? Jake just didn't understand.

Zen's hands were mere inches away from the door handle, before it swung wildly open. The instigator of the door's wild movement, the teacher in the atrocious looking brown coat.

Not amused by the situation, Zen raised an arm to his face and wiped a bit of saliva that had landed on him, during the 'teachers' attempt at deafening him.

Without saying a word, he made his way passed her and into the room, picking a wall to slouch on.

Bella turned her head to the door when she heard a call of someone. She haven't realised how late it was and she haven't even took her things to the dorm. Bella stood up wiped her tears away and looked at Artur.

"I think that was Diana calling us for the lesson. I will have to go but I will clean up once we are done." Bella spoke as she moved past the older man. "Thank you for the talk sir."

With that Bella walked past the boy with the hood and left the library making her way towards the meeting room. Luckily the door was open for her to spot and find everyone. Entering the room she quickly took in her seat while not making eye contact, her cheecks were still red from her tears.

Meaghan nodded to Diana as she assured her that it would be okay that she wasn't in full control of her Fiend. It would be a relief to finally get a handle on her Fiend, who the miners in Zurt Lyordeur named for her. Tarlin, or literally translated to "Cave Cat". She learned later that there was a word that summoned your Fiend, and it had to be done while your hand was over your chest. The random appearances of Tarlin made it very difficult to discern which word that was, and she never discovered it.

When Diana called everyone into the meeting room, her heart swelled in excitement. It was finally time to meet her Fiend for real, the one who had been giving her so much trouble through her lifetime. She was anxious to get a good look at it.

Helios gave a half hearted nod when the nurse asked him to remember to return the book later. Leaving the library he walked down the corridor a bit and found a bench near the wall of what he believed was the staff office. Settling down to read Helios re-opened the book and picked up where he had left off.

The passage was an informative one. Apparently the various elements all had different relationships to each other. His element, or rather his Fiend's element, was classed as 'white' and took extra damage from the elements classed as 'black'. That worried him, especially when he read the bit about how light was the easiest element to poison, blind or silence. If his Fiend was silenced, and therefore unable to cast magic, then it would be no use whatsoever.

Helios grumbled a little about this, but before he could read any further someone came hurrying past him. Looking up Helios saw the back of the nosey girl from the library. She was heading towards the meeting room. Was it time already?

Placing the book inside of the pocket at the front of his hoodie Helios got up to follow after the nosey girl. He kept his distance though and when he got to the meeting room took care to pick a seat far from her.

Seeing as most of the students seemed to be in the meeting room, Diana stepped to a place where she wasn't in front of anyone and grinned around at them. "Right! Time to start your training," she announced, clasping her hands together excitedly. "Now, before we go out, I need you all to be honest and not embarrassed. Those of you who aren't sure about summoning your Fiend, don't know enough about them, or are not yet confident enough with them to do anything in the region of combat, please form a group to my left." She gestured. "The ones who are confident with their Fiends, know their abilities, and are ready for combat, please come to my right."

Meaghan had an easy choice, she immediately went to the novice group. She eyed some of the others who had stated having a similar issue, waiting for them to join her. She realized how much she disliked being an outsider. What if I'm the only one with my element, whatever it is... She shivered and pushed the thought from her mind. The chances of that were way too slim.

Zen made his way over to the right side. There was no doubt in his mind that he was not an untrained beginner. He had already slayed countless monsters with the other mercenaries... his problems now stemmed from the appearance of the abominations.

Looking at the others, he watched as they separated into their respective groups. Had Zen actually cared, he may have pointed out that not everyone had arrived and that at least one student had fallen asleep in the dorm, but since he didn't, he remained quiet.

Artur watched as Bella excused herself and ran off to the meeting room, leaving the pile of books on the table. I hope she'll be allright... I'll put all the books back into their place and then I'll go check the meeting room. My own research can wait for a bit. He closed the book about fiends she was reading and placed it back in the shelf where it belonged. He did the same with the other books and then headed to the meeting room. He didn't see the hooded boy anywhere in the hallway, so he assumed he went to the meeting room as well. He frowned, he'd better take care of the book he took with him.

As Artur entered the meeting room, Diana had just finished her speech and the students were starting to form groups. He placed himself at the back of the room and observed the students. He was already thinking about which ones he'd see come by at the infirmary often.

---

Jake wasn't sure which group he belonged to. On one hand he was experienced, having summoned Fardale multiple times and becoming friends with him. Fardale was the one who protected him from the tougher folks on the streets, so he had been in a couple of fights, but never with any monsters. Also, he was a bit lacking in the theory behind summoning, he still had no idea what the elements were or what his element might be, or how the magic works, Fardale always fought by just charging at the opponent and ramming them. Jake decided he'd wait it out for a moment and see how the groups were formed before deciding which one he belonged to.

Helios instantly had reservations about revealing so quickly he was just a rookie. It seemed most of the other students were older than him. What would they all think if he was the only one who went to the group on the left of Diana?

Thankfully the first person to move went straight to the rookie's spot, so that at least meant he was not alone. Keeping his hood down over his face he followed after the girl who had gone on ahead and stood in the shadows a bit, to try and remain unnoticed.

The only other person to select a group so far was the unpleasant boy. He went straight to the spot on Diana's right. Was this really such a good idea? Helios had heard a few stories from the soldiers in Tehgrimm Suda about Summoners who were too cocky for their own good. Believed they were ready for challenges they had no idea how to handle. It was none of his business though. Diana had asked them to chose a group and that was what they had done.

Nimlos shifted a little uncomfortably, but walked to the left side. She felt relieved to see the other two students standing in the line. She smiled a little to both of them, but didn't dare to talk anything - not yet, at least.

Nimlos felt butterflies in her stomach. She was a little nervous. She had never summoned Khelek out before, even though she had always been conscious of him. The time had never been right for that.

Edited by Kayrinda

Whilst most of the school of Niefir had already unpacked, had lunch and prepared for the first entrance exam, there were some missing students. And one of them was currently trying his best to reach the school in time - of course, in vain, but still doing his best. His hair was ruffled up, but it looked like it had a simplistic style to it and wasn't with what he woke up that morning. His eyes showed signs of fatigue, but they still held a spark that revealed just how curious and interested he was in this new school. Even with two bags in his hands, he was moving forward as quickly as his legs were able to handle. From time to time, he would feel the pain that was pulsating through his legs, but the excitement and the adrenaline rush was simply not making him, or wasn't even allowing him to feel it. Only a minute later, though, a small smirk appeared on his lips when the school came around the corner. Of course, the huge red dragon caught his eye, but it was normal - after all, this was a school for summoners.

He quickly approached the entrance, pushing the double doors ajar slightly and moving carefully around them, making sure not to cause any noise. Then, he surveyed his surroundings and spotted one of the teachers walking through the corridors. In his hand was a document, that he was currently very curiously surveying.

"Excuse me?" The young man asked, and the older man turned his gaze upward and toward the youngster.

"Could you just tell me where the boys' dorm and the other students are?" The young man asked, and the older man smiled and patted the boy's shoulder.

"The boys' dorm is down the right corridor, then to the left - it's the second door on the right side, and the group is in the meeting room - to the right when you enter. You're welcome," he said, smirking and walking off, while letting the boy not silently and move through toward the dorm. Quickly, he went inside and looked around for a free bed, then threw his bags onto it.

Okay, Warren, let's go find the class... Warren said to himself, exiting the boy dorm and turning to the left to get to the meeting room.

Edited by SkullKrusher

((Just by the way... There is a huge red dragon in front of the school.))

((Skully, they're in the meeting room. tongue.gif))

Elise let her emerald gaze rove the room, watching as some sorted themselves into groups. She knew which one she belonged to, and walked to the right of their teacher. She was quite confident in her Fiend's ability, and had fought off a good couple of monsters during the time she'd had him. Just in front of her was the rude boy. Time to see whether his words matched up to his ability.

Edited by Chicogal

(( Fixed. Didn't really spot anything for a dragon, but I really do miss a lot of things... ))

Warren sighed, his crimson eyes surveying the corridors as he walked back from the boy's room to the entrance. The man had said that they were in the meeting room, and that it was the one to the right facing the corridor from the entrance, so at least he wouldn't be lost in this building. Before the war, though, Warren had accidentally entered this place one time. He'd met another young man who was around 24, his blue hair waving as he collected some things into a bag and left, but not without leading Warren outside and giving him some coins with a smile before leaving.

Snapping out of the memories from around two years ago, Warren turned the corner of the corridor and then walked forward before turning to the right once again. He could already hear the voices of the other young men and women inside. Their voices hinted at confusion and fear, but were still excited. There were, of course, some of them which sounded very brave or cowardly, but he just ignored that and got into the mood. Stepping forward, Warren silently knocked on the door before entering and looking around until he located the teacher. Spotting the woman, he slightly bowed.

"Good afternoon, teacher. I'm very sorry for being late today... May I enter?" He asked, showing just how polite he was even though he wasn't from a royal family. Actually, anyone that looked at him would see how simple his black dyed cloth pants, shirt and coat were, and they could see how simply he'd done his hair, but he hoped they would note the spark of curiosity that was in his crimson eyes.

Edited by SkullKrusher

Diana turned to the door as a boy entered the room. She smiled and nodded. "Of course you're welcome - I'm Diana," she introduced herself. Going back to the students in front of her, she spoke once more. "Come to my left if you're not too experienced of comfortable with your Fiend, or to my right if you're confident and ready for a bit of combat."

((Who still needs to get in line?))

Warren nodded slightly, bowing down before carefully stepping forward into the room and starting to think his options through. At first, he really didn't feel prepared to go to the right side, but after letting all scenarios go through his mind, Warren simply stepped behind the last person on the right side with a small smile and let his gaze go through the room. Whilst he really didn't have much experience with Zephyr, and the times that he summoned him were less than even ten, he'd cooperated very sucessfully with him and both combat trials that he'd tried with Zephyr were with very nice results, as a official Summoner Trial manager had said. Without blinking, Warren's crimson eyes turned around the room, meeting a couple of gazes before he looked to the person in front of him. It seemed like a girl with red hair, and a wild guess later he'd correctly managed to find that she had emerald green eyes - hilariously, he did that by slowly leaning in front to check as if nothing'd happened before waiting for the teacher.

Okay, let's give this a try, eh Zephyr? Warren spoke to himself, and even though nothing answered, he could feel a familiar breeze pass by, reminding him that he had Zephyr's support in this endeavor.