Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((Fortune, I may be absent for a couple of days. You can control Diana if everything is sorted out and the tour should begin.))

((I think we can wait until Monday, give the last few students a chance to get together. I won't be able to post over the weekend anyway.))

“This is a fiend right?”

Jake's excitement about the big Fiend - or possibly monster - dropped to zero. "I'm... not sure." He slowly backed away. "If it IS a monster, I don't think we can take it on yet. As long as it stays up there, there's not much I can do. We should probably get back inside. If it is dangerous, I'm sure the teachers here can handle it." He grabbed the older girl's hand and pulled her back inside with him.

Artur gave a nod back to the one student who seemed to have noticed him. He saw another boy enter with somewhat of an arrogant attitude to him. He had no doubts he was the troublemaker who stirred up the commotion, and now he was just standing there against the wall as if nothing happened, as if he didn't endanger not only himself but possibly the others as well. He took an instant dislike to him. "You! You are the one responsible for all this commotion, aren't you? If you stir up trouble like and endanger your co-students like that, don't count on me to get healed unless you apoligize right now!" He decided he'd give the boy a chance anyway.

((This is the first part in a series I call: "Overprotective Artur overreacts" tongue.gif))

Zen turned his head to the side, already tired of this old mans rant. "I have nothing to apologize for.. "replied Zen. Not even looking at the man. "If you want to find the culprit... then point the finger at whoever here owns that oversized red lizard...." suggested Zen, before walking off.

Zen already disliked him. His mere attitude towards a small commotion already a distinct hint at how he would behave. Zen came to this school to get stronger... not to be protected from the smallest of dangers. He stopped and turned,

"Just because your a light summoner and completely useless in actual combat... does not mean the rest of us 'real' summoners are..." he finished. Before heading to another part of the room. Whoever it was that was suppose to be the principal was sure taking their time..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kasper rested his head against one arm as he waited. His fatigue partly due to the journey here as well as the stress of having to deal with a completely useless map. He sighed and blew some strands of hair outta his face, the slightly audible argument barely enough to draw his interest.

Yawning slightly, he closed his eyes.

Oz on the other hand was sitting beneath the table. Already satisfying his curiosity, his attention was now focused on entertaining himself. With both hands spread out he created two small spheres of water no bigger then a tennis ball and began to juggle them. His hands never coming into contact with the water as it levitated in a oval path. Oz's head bobbled slightly as he followed one of the spheres along its invisible path.

Helios watched as the man who may or may not be a member of the staff confronted the boy who had caused the commotion outside. Had the boy been up on the roof, where the sounds had come from? In that case Helios could understand the mystery man's concerns. Imari was always telling him off for climbing and it was only yesterday that her fears of him falling were justified. Helios knew that if it hadn't been for the Fiend inside his chest, they'd still probably be scraping bits of him off the floor.

The boy rebuffed the man and walked away, but not before dismissing the man and his light Fiend. Helios was both surprised that the boy could so easily talk back to a figure of authority, and a little self conscious about his own element. So he was right. People did think light Fiends were useless.

Helios tugged at his hood a little to ensure it hid his face and turned away. He didn't want to get involved.

The nerve on that kid! "You think I'm useless? I suppose I'm better of being useless than being of negative use like you, needlessly endangering people. You are henceforth banned from the infirmary, kid! Let's see if you change your mind when you need this useless old man!" Artur yelled at the boy as he walked away. He was starting to lose his temper. Better leave now before things get out of hand. He was right about one thing: there's not much I can do in a fight.

He turned around and started heading back to the infirmary, but then he stopped and turned back to the students. "If there's any among you who also have the element of Light, don't believe that kid. You are NOT useless. People like him believe fighting will solve anything. That's not true. Peace is a much more durable solution. If you'll excuse me now, I need to go and ask the godess Vundiha to forgive my behavior." With that, he went into the infirmary, he closed the door and started praying once more.

Yeah yeah thought Helios sullenly, staring down at the floor. Light is good for healing and stuff, but what about when an Ergoraptor is chewing your arm off? Not much point in healing yourself if you can't stop further damage.

With a little sigh Helios retreated back into the shadow of a nearby pillar. Couldn't they just get started already? The longer they waited the more nervous he became.

Bella froze still wondering if this red dragon was a fiend or a monster when she felt being pulled away. Slowly being pulled back in she kept looking over her shoulder making sure it didn’t follow her.

It was only when Areo puffed smoke that Bella got startled which almost caused her to jump on the younger boy’s back. But luckily she didn’t it would have be very weird and awkward moment for her then.

“Maybe it is a fiend. Its not following us.” she spoke softly until they were back inside. Her attention didn’t stay long on the fiend when she saw someone walking away down the corridors. She could feel the air was quite a bit tense and this made her feel a bit afraid.

After standing for a moment in the entrance hall, a friendly student showed her the way to the staff office. Nimlos gulped before knocking the door and entering.

"Um, hello? My name is Nimlos, and, uh, I'd like to join the school." she stammered.

Idiot. Don't stammer, it gives a bad reputation of yourself! she scolded herself. Nimlos took a deep breath.

"I am a Summoner. My Fiend's name is Khelek."

((Kayrinda. At the moment everyone is gathering in the entrance hall, not the staff office smile.gif))

Meaghan remained standing silently, feeling the tension grow thick in the room already. Her hand instinctively went to her chest, where she felt the comforting presence of her Fiend. She considered summoning him, nervous about how safe the environment was at that point in time, but she lowered her hand. Don't do it Meaghan...he's still dangerous, you can't control him. She felt almost useless at that moment, having seen nearly everyone else's Fiends. She was the only one to have not summoned hers at least once.

Better safe than sorry. She opted instead to reach around to one of her long strands of hair and began to fiddle with it to distract herself. Hopefully the lessons could start soon, she was becoming anxious.

((Kayrinda, I'll just pretend that she walked up to Diana. If not alright, I will edit. tongue.gif))

Diana's bright eyes were focused on the boy with attitude, and werevery much narrowed. What a cheek he had! About to step toward him, she was suddenly spoken to by a shy-seeming girl.

"What? Oh, yes, of course. I'll be taking the tour soon; just join along," she said distractedly. Artur had just stormed off in a bit of a huff, which she was quite unhappy about. She liked the older man, and he didn't deserve treatment such as that. But he'd handled it all quite well. "Excuse me."

Turning around, she climbed onto one of the decorative tables which had a visitor's book lying on it. It wobbled dubiously, but her sense of balance was good. Clearing her throat, she put her hands on her hips.

"RIGHT! Now, all students for the Summoner's school, please gather in front of me. I'd like to start the tour before New Year! My name is Diana, and I will be one of your teachers. The other will be Bastian. The man who was here a moment ago is named Artur, and is the school's nurse." Her gaze swept the unpromising lot. Well. They didn't look up to much yet. She looked directly at the rude boy. "I expect respect for him. He is greatly skilled in his art, and Light magic is not something to dismiss as, 'useless.' Without it, many of us would not be here today." She returned her attention to the whole group again.

"Sheridan kindly looks after the school for us. However, I do not expect you to leave extra work for him. Graffiti and purposeful damage to the school will not be tolerated. Gladys is our cook, and she prefers not being disturbed. You lot are lucky. We never had a person to make our food in my day," she chuckled, recalling the times of her burning food multiple times and... "My headmaster used to make us curry, though." Her lips twitched. Oh, that curry. "A-Anyway. The other person you need to know about is Isabel. She captures monsters for us to train with."

Deciding that this table was feeling more than just a little bit wobbly, she bent her knees slightly and placed her hand on the nearest person's head. Then she jumped down in a swirl of brown coat. For a good couple of years she'd had this trench coat, and she was rarely seen without it. It made her feel sort of cool, although she'd never admit it. She patted the head that she'd used, gave the person a smile, and sidled through the group of people.

"This way!"

And with that, she strolled down a passageway.

~~~

Elise was not too sure of what to make of this woman. She seemed slightly off-kilter, and demanding as well. But first impressions were not much to go on. Taking in the information, she inclined her head, and watched as the black-haired woman jumped down from the rickety table and sauntered off as if on an evening stroll.

Resigning herself to the fact that this would indeed be their teacher, the redhead sighed and walked after her.

Edited by Chicogal

Zen shrugged off the old fart's rant. Not only was he blind... he was deaf as well. Zen already informed him of who started the ruckus outside... yet that tidbit of info apparently fell on deaf ears...

"Senile old fart.." muttered Zen, as Artur disappeared. It wasn't long before another teacher made their appearance, taking their stand on one of the tables, the woman dressed in a ridiculous looking brown coat. Already Zen was beginning to doubt the capabilities of this school... as presently it seemed more like a circus than a place one goes to better control their fiends.

His patience being tested, Zen followed after the 'teacher'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kasper opened his eyes to see two towering legs right infront of him. The sudden increase in vibrations along the table his head rested upon stirring him from his nap. Only taking in bits of info, Kasper stretched his arms out and yawned again... wondering how it was possible for someone to be so energetic at this time of day.

As she stepped down from the table and began her tour, Kasper stood and lowered his head to look beneath the table. He was greeted with a wet puddle. Oz had returned to his crystal as Kasper drifted off into his earlier slumber.

Bella let go of the boy’s hand after she heard Diana speak feeling a lot more relaxed. She looked curiously at the woman as she spoke wondering how good of a teacher she was. So far she also knew placed the faces of two people. Diana and Artur.

Bella’s feet felt cold as she followed Diana ready for the tour but the coldness was rather troublesome. Her feet were dry by now so she could quickly put on her shoes. Quickly she ran to a bench and make haste to put on her shoes. It would just be terrible if she got lost and at the beginning as well.

((Aah, sorry! sad.gif Got a bit messed up. Thank you, Chigoal! smile.gif ))

Nimlos felt a lot more relaxed now, after Diana came. She looked around at the other students, while she started following the tour. The school was a huge building, all right.

And the other teacher, was it Artur, was a Light summoner.

Nimlos hoped that the teachers were nice, or at least not very mean. But you couldn't always get everything you wanted. She sighed a little, and kept on walking.

Eventually Diana decided to take control of the situation and climbed up onto a nearby table as a makeshift podium. Helios wasn't entirely convinced about the safety of this, as the table wobbled rather badly, but it didn't stop Diana from addressing her new students. She explained a bit more about the man who had just left, apparently named Artur, and about three other people Helios had yet to see.

When she was done talking Diana climbed down and set off, ready to start giving them all a tour around the school. This was the part Helios had been waiting for, wanting to know as much about the place as he could. After all, it was going to be his home for the best part of the year.

Helios waited until everyone else had gone on ahead and then followed at the rear of the group. He was the shortest person there so far, so he didn't want to get knocked over by the older and taller students.

Diana walked along quite happily, glancing up at the windows and occasional decorations every now and then. Everything looked to be in good working order. Sheridan really did take care of the place quite well. Turning a sharp left, she came to the first door. "This is the library," she explained, pushing the heavy door open and then stepping inside. She motioned for them to come inside. "It contains many useful books on the history of our world, monster information, etcetera. Some of you might be interested in doing some extra research to help you in battle." Personally, she browsed the books when something had really confused her when it came to a monster - sometimes she found her answer. Sometimes she added a note or two to the book if they missed information. "Books are precious. Treat them well," she said. Well, there was a slight bit of hypocrisy in there, but she never damaged the books (on purpose). Edited by Chicogal

Bella was almost left behind when the tour began. Her shoes apparently didn’t like to be forced on which cause her to slow a bit down. When she eventually caught up she looked at everything with excitement. As the first room came up and Diana explained it was the library Bella’s eyes started to sparkle. Libraries were one of her favourite places to be.

As the group kept moving Bella could finally get a chance to peek inside. A smile spread on her face as she saw all the books. She almost swore she saw a rainbow appear in the room and glitters sparkling everywhere.

“Oh my...” she tailed off struggling to finish her sentence.

When the group was lead down the corridor Helios took the opportunity to look around. Pretty much every surface was sparkling. Diana had said someone called Sheridan looked after the school. Whoever he was, Helios could see that he took pride in his work, there so much as a speck of dust anywhere. Heliso wondered how this Sheridan would react if anyone trampled down a corridor in muddy shoes.

Diana took them into a large room filled with books and said it was a library. At the back of the group Helios looked around in awe. The orphange 'library' was little more than a shelf. This place was packed.

Sure was clean. This Sheridan guy seemed to do his job with honor, or at least a lot of enthusiasm. Nimlos glanced behind her and hoped, that they wouldn't leave a trail of mud.

Nimlos was impressed with the library. She has seen libraries in Dnortih Mdyhl, big ones too, but she still was impressed. Not everyday you stumbled into a library full of books about monsters or battle techniques! Smiling a bit, Nimlos hoped she would have enough time to read at least a few of those interesting-looking books!

Edited by Kayrinda

Jake followed along with the rest of the students on the tour. The teacher - apparantly her name was Diana - seemed allright. He was curious about the other teacher, if it was his Fiend he saw outside, this Bastian would probably be a pretty cool guy too. He only saw the nurse Artur - a male nurse! - shortly before he angrily stormed off and wasn't sure what to think about him yet. He'd see the rest of the school personnel soon enough he guessed.

While he was thinking about all the people at the school, the tour made it's first stop. He looked around when Diana was talking about how useful the books in this library might be. Yeah, they're real handy-dandy when you can't read... He decided to ask one of the staff later about learning to read. He wasn't going to ask in front of all those other people only to be laughed at.

Meaghan stayed silent and observant as the tour commenced. She followed obediently, staying close behind Diana as the group moved on. She really didn't want to get lost here on day one.

She tilted her head slightly at the mention of a library and books. What the heck are those? I've never heard these words before. They entered a very large room filled with stood up strips of what appeared to be leather. She was in awe not of the knowledge that was packed in here, but simply of pure size. She'd never seen a library nor books before, having worked in the mines. That being said, she could read for safety reasons. Meaghan needed to navigate the mines and understand the warning signs somehow.

She simply absorbed all Diana had to say, taking in every detail.

Diana turned about, gave them all a smile, and walked past them and out. She continued down the corridor, pointing to a door they passed by. "That's the Storeroom," she informed them, calling over her shoulder. She came to a stop at a corner, and waited for them all to catch up.

"On the farthest left is the Female Staff Quarters. That's where Gladys, Isabel and I sleep. If you need anything during the night, we are there to help. But please take the courtesy of knocking," she requested. "I won't always be here." She turned to the front again. "That's the Girl's Dorm. And over here-" She turned to the right. "-Is the Girl's Bathroom."

She faced the students again. "Any male students found in the Girls' Quarters or Bathroom will be severely punished. The same goes for any female students found in the Male sections - which I will show to you in a moment. Any students found in either of the Staff rooms without permission will also be punished." Tucking a piece of black hair behind her ear, she couldn't help but remember her first night at the old school. She'd felt idiotic and lonely, but then Ceil had come along. He was no knight in shining armour, yet he'd helped in his own gruff way. He'd never admitted it in the short time she'd known him, but she'd known without him telling that he had a soft heart. Realising she'd spaced out a bit, she tossed her head. "Uhm, let's go on," she said, walking toward the Male section.

Edited by Chicogal

Helios and the other students followed Diana down the corridor. She pointed out a store room, but didn't stay what it stored. Cleaning equipment? Laundry? The corpses of naughty students? Deciding not to dwell on the later Helios kept going and came to a halt when Diana started to explain about the sleeping quarters and bathrooms and the rules surrounding them. No going into the girl's dorm or the staff rooms. Check.

Diana seemed to space out a little, which concerned Helios. Surely a teacher should be more focused?

He gave a small shrug and pulled the strap for his quiver across his shoulder a little. The drawstring back containing his possessions was starting to cut into his shoulder a little. He hoped he would be able to put if down somewhere soon.

Edited by Fortune86

Bastian watched as the group disappear into the corridor’s leaving him all alone in the entrance hall. With a small sigh he stepped out of the shadows towards the door where Areo greeted him with a burst of warm heat.

“Yeah I know. Its different.” Bastian spoke as he patted the red dragon fiend on the snout. He mostly referred to how things where for him. On his ship he never gave tours or anything. Everything usually just happened. No the less he got himself in this situation now and he would teach these kids everything he knew.

“Right keep an eye out for anything. I’m going to check if Diana haven’t lost the kids yet.”

With those words Bastian slowly made his way towards he had last seen the group go.

~~

Bella followed quite happily and listened carefully. So this is the girls dorm the thought to herself. Oh boy we’re going to have so much fun.

When Diana’s words about the rules were spoke made Bella a bit happy. She always had to share her room with her cousins and because she was the only girl she got the worst end of everything.