Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

Diana came to a stop by the next corner. "On the left is the Boys' Bathroom. Ahead of me is the Dormitory, and on the right here is the guest room for any Summoners or visitors who may stop by." 

Turning right, she carried on walking again, pointing to the left. "That's the Male Staff Quarters. Bastian, Sheridan and Artur sleep there." Coming to the next door, the bright-eyed woman turned about and faced them. "This is the infirmary. Artur is our excellent nurse, who is extremely skilled in the art of healing. Treat him with respect, else you might not live to regret it." 

The side of her lip quirked into a grin, and she leaned against the door in a lazy fashion while twisting the handle. "Artur, come say hello~" she called out to the older man. If any student disrespected him again - well. They'd be the example...

~~~

Elise wandered along near the front of the group, taking in the place with her own quiet way. Her hair was loud, but it was in stark contrast to her personality. The few friends she'd had in her life had called her much older than her age. Her suitcase was in her hand, and when they came to the dormitory, she took the liberty of dropping it next to the door. It was locked, and she doubted someone would try to take it.

The group moved once more, and she moved with them. When she came to the Infirmary, her face revealed a small amount of interest. Would the man, who had been so worked up earlier, come out to see them?

Edited by Chicogal

Kasper was silently thankful that Oz had returned to the crystal in his chest. He had no doubt that his fiend would have run off somewhere by now... in fact he would have been surprised if he hadn't. Oz was never the patient type... nor was he the one to pay attention to one thing for any longer than a couple minutes. Kasper learnt this the hard way... having lost track of Oz once before. It was only thanks to the fiend wandering off too far and being forced back into the crystal that Kasper realized his fiend could never leave him.

With one hand over his mouth, he yawned. The boys dorm was the only place he was currently interested in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zen barely acknowledged the location of Artur's infirmary, nor did he react when Diana ushered the man to come out. As far as he was concerned, he was just a senile old man.

If the man couldn't distinguish who the perpetrator and victim of a conflict was... even when told straightforwardly who it was that had started the 'fight', than how could he be any good at healing? Zen surely would not trust him to bandage a papercut.

Leaning against the wall, Zen waited for this part of the tour to end. His interest non existent.

Meaghan's expression changed slightly as Diana mentioned the infirmary. She had wondered where she'd have to go if she ever got into trouble and couldn't help herself. The medic seemed like a no nonsense kind of person, but perhaps that was just a first impression. But then, she got a curious thought and raised her hand.

"Um...Diana? Do we come here too if our Fiends get hurt?" She retracted her hand and looked at the floor immediately after she said it, feeling stupid that she didn't know the answer to this question. For all she knew, Fiends could only be healed by her own body's regenerative system.

Bella looked at Diana waiting to see if Artur would come out or not. She wasn’t sure if their teacher wanted to start a bit of tension due to what had happened earlier. But one thing that Bella knew is that she didn’t like tension, it always made her feel sad.

Her attention was quickly drawn to a voice. Bella looked at the girl and wondered about her a bit. Mostly like who was she and what was her name, what type of fiend she had. But not even that caused her to stay focused for long.

“Oh! Oh!” Bella spoke raising her hand furiously in the air. “I know the answer to this.”

Diana was about to reply when there was, quite suddenly, a hand in the air and a voice calling out that they knew the answer. She took a moment, briefly weighing up her options. She didn't want the girl to feel stupid that others knew the answer while she didn't. But the hyper one seemed so eager... Coming to her decision, she shook her head and briefly ignored the excited one. "No. Your Fiends are a part of your soul. When they are hurt, you are hurt, and vice versa. The same goes for healing. If you are healed, they are healed." Her blue eyes swept the group. "Don't feel stupid if you don't know something about your Fiends. You are all here to learn."

Turning her head to the Excited One, she raised her eyebrows slightly and inclined her head toward her. "Was that what you were going to say?" she asked. This way, the girl with the question wasn't embarrassed and the Excited One got to show her knowledge a bit.

Edited by Chicogal

Artur was praying in the infirmary to calm down a bit when he heard the noise outside his door. It seemed Diana had finally taken control over the situation and gathered all the students for their tour of the school. She called out to him, teasing him. He decided to answer the door. If that one student was there too - and he probably was - he would do his best to ignore him.

"Hello Diana. And hello to you too, dear students. My name is Artur and I'm the school nurse. I'm also a priest though, so if you ever want to pray, you can come to me as well."

---

The tour moved on and Diana showed them the dorms and the staff quarters and the bathrooms and the store room and the guest room. So many rooms! Jake made sure to remember each and every one of them though. As someone who grew up on the streets of the world's biggest city and knew every alley and every corner there, maps were something he could remember quite easily.

Then they got to the infirmary. Ah, another chance to see how this Artur fella is like! Before the nurse answered the door though, one of the students asked a question about the healing. Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't know much about this whole summoner business. I bet she at least knows her element though... Even though Diana said they could always ask her about stuff, he remained quiet. He didn't want to embarras himself so he decided he'd ask about his element later on, as he would do with the reading thing.

“Oh yes... basically what I wanted to say.” Bella spoke lowering her hand. “I learned the hard way when my cousin tried to hit me with a book. In the end he had hit Beldor and I could feel the pain immediately on my head.” The young girl spoke pointing where the bump once were. “In the end Beldor almost bit my cousin but I told him no not family. So he shocked him in the end causing his hair to stand all pointy and everything.” Bella smiled as she explained with her hands on how her cousin looked like. Edited by DragonSpirit009

'Tsk'.. interrupted Zen, clicking his tongue. So far, nothing at this school impressed him, nor implied that the people running it were even capable of producing half decent summoners... thankfully... Zen already had field experience in that area and did not have to worry about coming out of this school half-arsed.

A senile old man, a ditz in a ridiculous brown coat, a summoner to afraid to reveal himself that he has to have a lizard do his dirty work, a water fiend that would be better suited to nursing infants than fighting and students with hardly an iota of knowledge on being a summoner / the maturity level of a 5 year old. What in the name of Vundiha were people thinking when they said that this was the place to go to to become a better summoner.

Meaghan simply nodded when her question was answered. I should have known that...now I look like a fool who doesn't know anything. The statement wasn't entirely false however, Meaghan didn't know much of anything about her counterpart. She had spent so much time avoiding her Fiend, believing the people of the mines that she was cursed to have this terrible thing follow her around. She just hoped that the mining community was just as uneducated as she was on the subject of Fiends; she wanted to do good with it, not bad.

Seeing as everyone seemed to be ready to move on, Diana thanked Artur and then carried on walking again. "Right! Over here, we have the meeting room," she announced as she entered the corridor opposite the entrance, and pointed to the left. "I expect you all in there after breakfast. I'll be informing you about the day's activities there. On the left here is the staff office - also out of bounds." She paused for a moment before walking on a little further.

"On the left is the kitchen. On the right is the mess hall, where you will eat. Food will be collected from Gladys in the kitchen, and plates taken back there." Turning around, she gave them a bit of a grin. "There will be punishments if Gladys has to clear up. Outside are four different Training Arenas, but I'll explain them to you a bit later. I'm finished with my tour - go ahead and get your rooms organised, then you can collect lunch from the kitchen. You have about forty-five minutes," she said. "Then I want you in the meeting room for your first lesson."

~~~

Elise pursed her lips as the tour went on. She sort of had a rough idea of everything, but she feared she may get slightly lost. At the mention of their first lesson being that very day, her heart gave a flutter. So soon. But she was sure that she would be able to handle the first lesson, and she told herself this.

Once the tour was over, Elise walked past Diana, down the corridor, and to the soft. She picked up her bag, then walked inside. There were beds in lines up and down, and an aisle in the middle. Naturally, she chose the most secluded one - right at the end, in the corner, with a window in the wall next to her. She placed her suitcase on the bed, then after a thought, shoved it under. There.

Standing up, the girl leaned out of the window and took in her view. It was quite nice...

Edited by Chicogal

Helios spent the tour in silence. He didn't particulary want to draw any attention from anyone, especially as he knew next to nothing about Fiends. He had never believed he would have one, so he had never really bothered to learn much about them, much preferring to spend what free time he had practising shots.

When they were properly introduced to the staff nurse again, Artur, Helios overheard the older boy from before make a sound of disapproval. Tugging at his hood again Helios turned away and tried not to pay any attention, but it worried him that his older and possibly more experienced class mates were going to think he was useless before he had even tried. The problem was, he was going to be useless.

Feeling considerably disheartened Helios trudged around after the others, glad that his face was hidden from view. Evetually Diana dismissed them and gave then three quarters of an hour to sort themselves out and meet back up again in the meeting room.

Without a word Helios head back down the corridor towards where Diana had said the boys dormitory was and opened the door. He was the first one here, which probably meant that he had the first pick of the beds. Knowing that many people preferred windows Helios instead chose the bed right behind the door. It was in the darkest corner, which fit his mood.

There was a shelf above the headboard on the wall and some further inspection revealed a couple of pull out drawers under the bed. Helios emptied most of the contents of his bag into the drawers, but his bow and quiver of arrows were too large to fit. Instead he carefully hung them from the shelf and placed a small wooden effergy on the shelf its self. It was a small item, but he had owned it for as long as he could remember. It was all he had to remember his birth mother by.

With little else to do for at least forty minutes Helios sat down on the bed and drew his knees up to his chest, holding them tight. Might as well wait and see where the other boys chose to sleep.

Nimlos sighed a little, after the tour was over. Well, at least she wouldn't get lost... too badly. Turning around, she started to make her way towards the girls' quarters. She wasn't really sure about the other students. She had just arrived, so she didn't know anyone. Some could be nice, some could be total idiots. She didn't know.

When Nimlos arrived to a room, she immediately noticed the nice view from the window. Hoping that nobody would freak out, she took the bed. Nimlos started to unpack her bag, putting her clothes and personal belongings into the drawers and on the shelves. She worked really slowly, hoping she could do something the remaining time.

After meeting Artur for a second time, Jake had to adjust his image of him a bit. He seemed like a kind man after all. The tour then continued on, leaving Artur by himself again. Diana showed them the meeting room, the staff room, the kitchen and the mess hall and said something about the training areas. It seemed like they would get their first class already. He wanted to hang around for a while to ask Diana about his reading and element problem without the others hearing it, but he didn't want to end up with the worst bed in the dorm either. He decided to postpone his questions and head to the boys dorm.

When he got there, it seemed he was the first one there, but then he noticed Helios in the corner. "Whoa, what are you doing hiding over there? Almost didn't see you." he said, putting his stuff on the bed next to Helios. "Don't you want a nicer spot? There's nobody else yet! Over there, by the window seems nice." He picked up his things again and put them on a bed by the window.

The very next boy into the dorm was the talkative Jake, who at first chose the bed right next to Helios. A moment later he seemed to change his mind and moved to a spot by a window.

"This will do me" said Helios. "We'll only be sleeping in here anyway. Besides, being close to the window makes it harder to sleep when it is light outside."

Helios looked over at the windows on the walls. None of them had curtains, so blocking the light would be hard. Maybe they did the whole waking up at dawn thing here. Helios wasn't sure he would like that. While he had been able to get up early when he was younger, these days he liked sleeping in. Imari had said that was due to his age and that his body needed more energy while he was growing. Not that he was growing much, he was still rather short and wiry for a fifteen year old.

Edited by Fortune86

Elise glanced across as another girl took the one another bed that was close to the window. Hopefully she wasn't a loud sort of person. She preferred her peace and quiet. She straightened up, gave the girl an acknowledging nod, then turned around and walked out of the dorm. The teenager was not the sort of bounce all over and immediately make new friends. The teacher had said they could collect food from the kitchen, yes?

The redhead went to the door and knocked sharply. A moment later, the door was opened by a woman. Gladys."Are you here for your lunch?" she asked, giving her a smile. Elise nodded. The cook stepped back, and gestured to the counter. There were a couple of plates of sandwiches there; she got herself a plate, thanked Gladys, then walked out. And the Mess Room... There. She walked there and took a seat at the rectangular table. Then, she took a bite of her sandwich.

"This will do me" said Helios. "We'll only be sleeping in here anyway. Besides, being close to the window makes it harder to  sleep when it is light outside."

"Why would you sleep when it's light though? Or are you one of those types who practically live at night?" What a weird guy, that Helios. Jake started wondering if he ever took off his hood. He was already imagining how he'd look underneath. Maybe he's deformed or something!

He started unpacking his small bag. He didn't have much, so he was careful not to break anything. While unpacking, he noticed Merric put some money in his bag for him and a small note. If only he could read now... He wasn't sure if he should ask Helios if he could read Merric's note for him, so he just put it back inside his bag and sat down on the bed.

Helios decided not to explain that depending on the season day break could happen at a very early hour, or that after a long day you might just feel like going to bed early for some much need sleep. The last thing he wanted to do was annoy or upset anyone. Instead he remained silent and watched as Jake pulled out a scrap of paper, stared at it and put it away again. Probably some kind of note.

With a little sigh Helios shut his eyes and rested his head against the wall behind him. Diana had said that they could get some food, but he didn't really feel like eating. He felt so nervous about pretty much anything that he was sure if he ate he'd just be sick. Not something he wanted to do on his first day.

A girl had entered the room, nodded to her, and then left. Surely not a talkative type of a person. Nimlos shrugged and continued to unpack. She was almost done, before she remembered that Diana had said something about lunch! Nimlos was starving - literally. She hadn't eaten anything since... She wasn't actually sure. Hungry she was, anyways.

After she was done with her unpacking, Nimlos started walking towards the kitchen. Her shoes barely made a sound as she made her way. She knocked on the door and slowly opened it.

"U-um, hello, ma'am. May I please have some lunch?"

Meaghan was almost relieved the tour was over. She couldn't wait to get back to the dorms, away from her first moments of embarrassment. Great way to start a relationship, make it seem like you're stupid.

Upon arrival at the dorms, she opened the door slowly, as though she needed permission to enter. Silly of course, but after many years of being at the bottom of the hierarchy in the mines, it came as force of habit. Luckily, the two people who had already claimed beds were no longer there.

She chose a bed in the middle of the room, not too close to the window or door, but close enough to both to see clearly. She didn't have many things to unpack, so she did so quickly, shoving her suitcase under the bed. Her stomach growled in protest, having eaten many hours ago. It'd probably be best to get some food.

Meaghan made her way to the cafeteria and noticed a line already. She sighed, realizing now why the dorm was empty. She waited her turn, glancing over the food laid out in the meantime.

A nice-looking lady came, smiling to her. Wasn't her name Gladys?

"A lunch?" she asked. Nimlos lost her tongue, and just nodded. Gladys pointed at the counter, filled up with sandwiches. Nimlos took a plate.

"Thank you, ma'am." she said, before leaving the kitchen. She walked to the mess hall,

seeing the girl who had come into the room earlier. Nimlos gave a quick smile, before sitting a little bit away from her, not sure if she want to be alone.

The sandwich was scrumptious, all right. Nimlos was famished, so soon there was nothing left of the sandwich, except the plate.

Zen entered the boys dorm, bringing with him a rather big trunk held in one hand. As he entered, he stopped and scanned the current inhabitants, already forming a multitude of opinions on each of them.

As his eyes fixed on Helios, he smirked. That boy had been rather anonymous so far... at least in Zen's eyes... there was also the bed choice. His bed selection prevented anyone from seeing him the moment they entered the room, was he trying to hide? Make himself invisible?

After staring at him for awhile, Zen walked off, choosing a bed near the far end of the room.

The next person to enter the room was the mouthy boy. Helios opened his eyes a little to look at him, but closed themagain once he had seen who it was. He tried to remember if the boy had said his name but drew a blank. It didn't matter, he was sure he'd find out later.

Helios became aware that the boy was staring at him, probably trying to weigh him up or something. Helios decided he didn't like this boy much, but the boy eventually moved away.

Stupid thought Helios. If I hadn't climbed that stupid tower I wouldn't be stuck with all these crazy people. Stupid stupid stupid.

Bella followed and listened to what Diana had to say while making her own map in her mind. It was quite a different layout from the old school, well from what she read to what she is seeing now that is. Once the tour was over Bella didn’t go to the dorms first instead she went to the library. A good book would do her wonders now after that long journey here. She had actually gotten fed up with singing and drawing.

As she walked down the hallway she saw some smaller statues that drew her attention.

“So pretty.” she spoke as she looked over her shoulder only to be stopped in her tracks by a figure.

Bastian was still on his way to find Diana and the students when he came across the caretaker of the school. The older man seemed a bit annoyed, most likely due to Areo being on the roof.

“Is your lizard going to cause trouble for me?” he questioned as he stopped in front of Bastian.

“No but everything I do, I do for a reason.”

“Grr... that maybe so but I don’t need any roof fixing anytime soon.”

“I’ll take that as a warning then.” Bastian spoke just smiling a bit.

“You’re smarter than you look.” Sheridan huffed as he returned to where ever he came from.

Bastian stood in silence for a little bit when suddenly he felt something bump in to him.

“Oef. Sorry I...” Bella started to speak finally looking at the person who she bumped in to. She looked at him wide eyed as she felt her cheeks got red when she saw it was a man.

“Sheridan?” she asked.

“Do I look like a janitor to you?” Bastian spoke as he turned around to look at the younger girl.

“Oh no. You look like a teacher.” Bella spoke smiling at him.

“Then why think I’m Sheridan?”

“Just to hear your voice.” Bella spoke starting to already walk away again. “You have a nice voice. You should learn to sing, girls will fall for you.”

With those words Bella disappeared into one of the rooms leaving Bastian with a very confused look on his face.

After a few moments Helios figured he might as well get up and explore a bit. Sitting here on his bed for the next half hour wouldn't do him any good. Deciding to leave his new dorm mates to their own devices he opened his eyes and slipped off the bed.

Walking out the door Helios tried to work out where he could go. Imari had warned him against entering the training areas before they had been explained, so that meant sticking to the inside of the school. He didn't want to go to the mess hall either. He wasn't sure if he could handle the smell of food right now.

Checking through the list of places he could recall from the tour he remembered the library. As good a place as any, and maybe he could read up on some stuff before lessons started.

Winding his way down the corridors he headed towards where he thought the library was, but as he rounded the last corner he saw an older man he did not know standing outside it. Sheridan? No. He didn't look like a janitor.

Helios slowed down and came to a stop several feet away. Was he supposed to say something? Just ignore him?

Edited by Fortune86