Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((Kay? Can you choose a slightly darker colour for speech please? Your current one is burning my eyes a bit hard to make out.))

Diana turned her gaze toward the man beside her, frowning a bit at his statement. Then, a devilish grin spread across her features. She had indeed picked up one or two things from Ceil. "Do you remember Ceil's favourite punishment? There's a lake in Training Area 2, you know. Anx they need to learn punctuality," she replied, pushing open the door and heading outside.

((New phone. Getting used to keyboard.))

“I’ll see to it.” Bastian spoke softly as he slightly fell back, allowing Diana to go outside first. Looking behind him he watched as the students followed obediently and doing a bit of small talk. He could pick up a few names here and there but still didn’t know who was who.

Eventually he walked through the door leading outside to the training areas. Diana would most likely take the first one while he would lead the more experienced group to a different area.

~~

Bella wanted to join in the conversation but because she was in a different group she felt that she should stay out of the current conversation. Maybe they could get to know each other once it was dinner. Then everybody would be there hopefully to talk but for now she listened.

~~

A large yellow eye peered through the window at the sleeping Kasper, occasionally fogging up the window. With its claw it pushed the frame of the window with force causing the lock on it to snap. The window then burst open and the large red claw moved over to the boy on the sleeping bed. It grabbed both Kasper and his bed pulling them outside. The red dragon climbed once again over the school building making his way towards the training area that Bastian ordered him to go. Areo sat on the wall over the training area still holding the boy and his bed. The dragon looked at the kid holding him over the lake below them. Giving a little roar he released him causing Kasper to fall into the lake.

((Drow I hope you don't mind tongue.gif))

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Elise could feel someone else's eyes on the back of her head. It was slightly unnerving. Maybe it was the colour of her hair or something. Glancing over her shoulder, she found it to be the boy who had leaned over her earlier. Hm. Perhaps he was simply deep in thought. Having not paid close attention to where her feet were going, her boot caught on a rock; she went sprawling forward-

And she barely caught her balance, arms out on either side of her. Well. That had been clumsy to do; a little unlike her. She wasn't usually distracted.

Edited by Chicogal

Meaghan nodded towards the self-proclaimed U.T. in acknowledgement of his introduction. She turned back to Nimlos as she asked where she was from.

"My hometown was Zurt Lyordeur, the mining town. I have no idea what the element of my Fiend is, but he seems to just...show up." She scratched her head with a bit of nervousness. "The miners were afraid of him, they named him Tarlin. It means 'Cat among rocks', although I'm not sure he has much to do with rocks other than being in the mines." She smiled slightly at that.

Kasper had slept through the whole ordeal of being kidnapped out of his bed and given a lift towards the lake. Not even the wind racing past his face at this altitude was enough to wake him.

It was only when the dragon roared, that he finally awoke. The ever growing size of the lake as he rocketed towards its azure surface was all he could see as his ears 'rebooted' themselves.

Raising a hand to his chest he shouted, "Adurna, Risa!", the slimy form of Oz taking shape, his two hands clasped around Kaspers shoulders. Already his beady red eyes began to glow; the watery slime coating along his body growing in size as it filled with water. After several seconds, the plummeting forms of the pair were no different to a water drop, only a bubble of air surrounding Kaspers face, keeping him from drowning.

Oz's coating had managed to contain water inside it, as it covered the pair of them. With a slight plop, reminiscent of a rock being dropped into a pool of water (only louder), the pair of them landed in the water, sending ripples across the water.

From the surface, it was near impossible to see the outline of Oz's azure body as he raced under its surface' only his dorsal fin sticking out of the surface as he carried a conscious Kasper to shore.

Warren kept walking behind the red-haired girl, following the whole group as they split from the female teacher's group and walked into a different training area for Bastian's group. Whilst he didn't really find it reasonable that the teachers split the whole class into two groups based on experience with the fiend, they could do that without worrying as there was a very low amount of people actually in the school for this year. Then, suddenly, Warren snapped out of his thoughts as the girl in front of him turned around. He slightly smirked at her as she turned around, but quickly noted how her body lost it's balance and then saw how she had tripped on a rock and was falling on the ground. As if a lightning strike, Warren's right hand went from his pocket all the way to the back of her shirt and caught it in a ball so he was able to stop her easily.

"Gotcha," Warren said as he let go after making sure she regained her balance before kicking the rock outside through the training area entrance. Slightly noting how he was at fault for taking her attention, he mouthed a 'sorry' before standing beside her and waiting for her to get up.

Nimlos smiled at Megahan.

"Cat among rocks, eh? That's a great name!" she said, as they went to Area Three. Nimlos looked around; everything seemed to be peaceful. But for sure, there were monsters somewhere? And how were they even going to find out their elements and stuff?

Nimlos mentally slapped herself. Diana was the teacher, so she knows. Then she noticed Diana had went to the center of the field. Nimlos glanced at Megahan and the others.

"I guess we have to go there." she said and started walking.

"This girl here's Koishii," U.T gestured to the smallish fiend that was silently at his side. Because she was brown-colored, not very large and overall just silent, it wasn't surprising if she hadn't been noticed. Even now she only looked back to her summoner in acknowledgement before returning to observe the world around her. It was almost as if she was disinterested with the entire concept of being alive. "We're from Khemm Bceurm. Raised pigs 'n horses, the like. I ain't never been in a mine before."

Nimlos started walking, so U.T felt it was only right to do the same. The teacher was in the center of the field, so he guessed this meant they weren't going to waste any time. At least he was finally going to figure out what him and Koishii were aligned with... but in all honesty, he could be a good amount of money he'd be Earth. After all, he did work with soil, crops and animals his whole life. It only seemed right he'd soak it up.

Meaghan was startled when she realized U.T. had a Fiend next to him. Until that moment, she thought all Fiends were large and powerful. Perhaps small and cunning could be useful too.

She gave a small smile to Nimlos' praise, but in truth she secretly came to hate the name Tarlin. It became associated with evil in her community, and a memory she'd rather put behind her. Nonetheless, a name is a name.

Meaghan joined the others next to Diana before noticing the hooded boy hadn't said a word. She looked towards him and beckoned gently, indicating free space next to her he could stand.

((Chico you do remember that the various training areas have special purposes right? If Diana wants to start the newbies off slowing she should be taking them to training area one. Bastian's more experienced group should go to training area two.

Area three is for survival studies.

Will make a post when edits have been made.))

"oh crap!"

Sandor was running up the streets. how could i be 2 hours late? as he ran through the streets he nocked into a little kid but he kept running. Then he stopped, and looked back "damn it, damn it, damn it." he ran back and helped the now crying kid up. "I'm really sorry" he said to the kid he nocked over. He started running through the bustling midday street. Sandy wasn't usually the type of guy to be this late. He use to always been on time, but for some reason his fiend hand suddenly disappeared as he was riding him. Sandy had discovered he really liked riding horses after he found out he ad a fiend. Finally, the front of the school was in sight. When he got there he saw 2 statues of Vundiha.

He sprinted past the statues that were unnervingly life like and he saw the entrance hall, he burst through the door. oh no, everyones gone, I'm so late, how am i going to find everyone? he thought.

Edited by na82008

((Just taking a quick control of Isabel in order to lead Sandy to the group.))

Isabel was on her way to see if Bastian was sorted with the monsters she had caught. Exciting the kitchen with sandwich in hand that Gladys made, the young woman went in the direction of the training area.

Isabel quickly stopped in her tracks noticing a boy storming in and looking worried.

“Can I help you?”

A woman entered the room through a door holding a sandwich. Sandor said, "um, yea, where is everyone? I'm a bit late, could you tell me where the students are suppose to be at?"

((should i take control of Isabelle to lead Sandor there, or should i just let someone else do it?))

The colour drained from Meaghan's face, making her skin a stark contrast to the colour of her long pigtails. A word to summon Tarlin? It could be anything! She began to panic as she searched her memory banks for anything that could relate to how she summoned her Fiend. Now she was going to look foolish.

She closed her eyes tightly, palm over her chest, reciting words over and over sometimes three times per word. But nothing happened.

An expression of worry crossed her face as she opened her eyes, looking at Diana for any sort of help. "I can't remember what the word was that brought my Fiend. It only ever happened by accident!" Her breathing was uneven, as though she were on the verge of breakdown.

This is what I get for thinking I belong here, she thinks. I don't even know where to begin to search my vocabulary for the word.

((Disregard my previous two posts involving Diana...))

Diana tilted her head back slightly, blue eyes surveying the clear sky with a calmness that came to her at peaceful times such as these. "I'll take Area One. You can take Two. There are monsters in cages in yours," she explained. She dropped her head back to normal and looked at the man. "My ones will fight when they're ready. They must come together." She crossed her arms. "That alright?"

~~~

After a moment, Elise realised that she had been assisted in her regaining of balance. She could feel now the grip on the back of her shirt, and heard his words. Hrm. It was the staring boy. Standing up straight, she looked his way once more. "Thank you," she murmured, pausing for a moment. She could feel the pink flushing her cheeks, and turned away quickly, to continue on walking.

Edited by Chicogal

((Chico rather let there be monsters only in the one area. Your students don't need to worry about it just yet. Let them just learn to conrtol their fiends just first. They can join the expierenced group later.))

U.T knew already how to summon his fiend. He figured it out the first night he met her, when he was blubbering like a baby mourning the loss of his dog to the government. He just clutched his heart and chanted 'Here girl, here girl, here girl' over and over again because he was hysterical and thought his dog would come if he muttered the words. In a way she kind of did. He really did feel Koishii was his canine reincarnated.

Maeghan seemed really distressed about not knowing her keyword. He stared over to her, but he really didn't have to look at her to know she was distraught. Her breathing had turned into hyperventilating. As a good and righteous son of Vundiha he didn't feel right with just leaving her. He wasn't much more experienced than her but... maybe he could help? He broke the line-formation to approach her,

"Calm down Maegan, you'll never get anything up and going if you get so nervous about it!" He was smiling gently, his blue eyes making direct contact with hers, unwavering and steady, "Just think of the times it happened before. What were you saying the last time you summoned him? Don't be scared, no one's gonna bite you if you get it wrong a few times."

"i'll show you were they are at" Isable said to the boy. She started walking to Area one. When they got there she said "when, here it is, everyone is practicing with there fiends now, i need to go take care of some stuff, bye" she walked off

Sandy walked into the enclosure. There were a few students there. There was a woman who looked like the person in charge, everyone else was standing facing her with their eyes closed. He said to her "um, excuse me, I come a little late. I'm sorry."

Meaghan was surprised to see U.T. as he moved to talk to her. He didn't expect to see one of the students helping her ahead of the teacher, especially so soon. But she was grateful, and she gave him a smile to indicate it. She closed her eyes again, trying to think of something. Finally, it came to her.

"My grandmother. Tarlin always seemed to arrive every time I talked about her." Meaghan left her hand over her chest, in case she stumbled across the word by mistake. "I never knew my parents, but for some reason, I knew who my grandmother was. Her name was Christina, but my friend Sasha always got that wrong for some reason. She never could say it correctly."

Suddenly, it popped into her head. Meaghan's eyes locked onto U.T.'s gaze, returning the intensity that he had given her, a look of realization and understanding crossing her face. "That's it...that's what it was. Tarlin came every time I corrected Sasha." She turned back towards Diana, hand held firmly over her chest and spoke quietly. Criya.

And there he was. The strong form of Tarlin formed in front of her, the very same sabre-toothed cat that frightened everyone so long in the mines. Her eyes lit up, and a smile spread across her lips. "Tarlin? Is that really you?" The big cat let out a low rumble in acknowledgement and Meaghan couldn't help but charge forward and wrap him in a huge hug.

((Thanks for understanding Chico))

Bastian nodded at Diana’s instructions and continued his way towards the second training area. As he reached the door he looked behind him watching the more experienced students following him.

“Stop messing around you at the back there.” He spoke as he noticed two were falling behind. Eventually Bastian opened the door only to meet Areo sitting on the wall looking down at the lake. He could see a fin of some sort was sticking out of the water as it swam around.

“You in the lake get out and fall in with the rest of the group. Everyone else gather around.” Bastian spoke while he made his way to three large crates that made some odd noises.

~~~

Bella peered into the training area carefully making sure it was safe for her to enter. Pleased that is was save she stepped in. There was a large lake inside along with a small forest like trees in one corner. It was definitely an all purpose area this. Slowly she stepped closer to where Bastian was looking at the crates suspiciously.

As Helios followed Diana and the rest of his group outside and towards the training areas he could feel the panic rise. This was it. He was going to have to summon his Fiend in front of other people. Okay, so it wasn't going to be as many people as he intially feared, but it was still too many for his liking.

Once they had split up from the other group and entered training area one Helios moved slightly away from the rest of his class. He watched as a couple of the others called forth theirs Fiend with varying levls of effort before turning away and trying to focus on his own problem.

He had only summoned his Fiend once before, and that had been by complete accident. He had cried out without thinking as he fell from the bell tower. Helios cautiously raised his right hand to his chest and tried to think. What had he said?

Suddenly the word was there, at the forefront of his brain. Imari had told him about this, how the word would come forth when you wanted or needed it to. It was how many people discovered their Fiends to begin with.

Helios glanced surreptitously over his shoulder to see if he was being watched, but it looked as if the others were to involved with their own Fiends to take any notice of him. Helios looked ahead of him again, closed his eyes and took a breath.

"Ohr."

The effect was instant, as it had been the day before. A pinkish mist pulled itself out of his body, focusing on his heart where the crystal lay. It swirled around Helios for a moment, as though embracing him, and then surged forward and took on a solid form.

Helios stepped back, eyes wide. He hadn't been able to get a proper look at his Fiend before now and it was much larger than he had remembered. It looked big enough to eat him.

The Fiend turned to face Helios and growled, making Helios take yet another step back in trepidation. For a moment he wondered if his lack of control over the Fiend would cause it to attack him, but then he realised the Fiend wasn't looking straight at him, but past him.

Helios quickly glanced back behind himself and saw the other students with their Fiends. He didn't know them much and was very conscious of what they would think of them. Whether they were friends or not.

In the same heart stopping moment where Helios realised what he was thinking he instantly tried to clamp down on that thought, but it was too late. His Fiend, so unused to dechipering his Summoner's orders recognised them as a threat. Before Helios could say or do anything the silver Fiend leapt clear over him and bounded towards the nearest person with a deafening roar.