Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

[[sorry, no colors this time 'round |D]]

Turning her head as someone spoke from near the doorway, Sorana smiled faintly in nervousness and nodded. "Yes, we just arrived a little bit ago. Are you one of the teachers?" she replied, turning a bit to better face the woman. "I'm Sorana Illune," she introduced, uncertain about whether she should hold her hand out in greeting or keep it at her side.

"Atani. Just, Atani," the other girl remarked, remaining on her back and not bothering to remove her arm from over her eyes. Sorana had thought she was sleeping, startled by her suddenly speaking up in turn.

Diana quirked an eyebrow at the lazy one, but didn't comment on it. "I am Diana, and yes, I am your teacher. Your other teacher is currently... Pre-occupied." If that was the right word. Hrm. "If you're hungry, there should be food in the kitchen. Classes continue tomorrow. Sleep well." She raised a hand in a wave before turning around and heading toward the kitchen. She was famished. The teacher made herself a large poultry sandwich and a mug of coffee - both of which she ate quickly. There wasn't time for savouring, no matter how tender the meat was that night... Mmm.

Diana stepped outside into the crisp night air a short time later, her breath coming out with little puffs. "Vann." With a hand on her chest, a blue unicorn came into form. They both stood there for a moment, simply together, before Diana clambered atop Rain's back. The two cantered off down the path, the clatter of bare hooves a distinct noise against the silence of the night.

When Helios woke up the next day he didn't get out of bed right away. It was warm and comfortable under the sheets and the sun had not yet quite risen. It didn't seem like Sandor was awake just yet, so when Helios did decide to get up he did so as quietly as possible.

He crept out of the dorm and headed towards the boy's bathroom where he performed the usual morning routine and after a quick change of clothes went off in search of some breakfast.

Gladys and Sheridan were also awake, the two of them were in the kitchen talking over some coffee when Helios meekly entered. Gladys instantly chased him out again and sent Helios across the hall towards the mess hall, where a large lided pot of porridge was waiting for the students.

Helios spooned himself out a bowl, took a seat and sat down to eat.

~~~

The guard's footsteps echoed down the corridor and only stopped when the man himself came to a halt in front of Bastian's cell. He unlocked the door and swung it open before stepping back to allow passage past.

"Okay, get on out. Lord Tee says you can leave. And there is some weird man waiting for you in the main hall."

Edited by Fortune86

Diana slipped off Rain with a soft thump on the hard floor. She desummoned her Fiend with a tired smile and turned to head inside the building. The door creaked softly as it opened, seeming to protest her arrival. A good cup of coffee was needed, she decided. As well as a large bowl of porridge or toast. Mmm... Patrolling made oje hungry. She entered the kitchen, murmuring a greeting to her colleagues. The teacher made herself a mug of coffee and leaned back against the counter. She blew the steam off the top and looked at them. "Did Isabel bring in those monsters I asked her to?" She asked Sheridan. She had made the request on the first day of school. Hopefully it had been carried out.

"They arrived an hour ago" said Sheridan. "I got them all penned up in area one. Two of each element, ust like you asked."

He took a gulp of his coffee and set the mug down on the table.

"I took her payment out of the box. I know Bastian or yourself is supposed to sign for it, but since neither of you was here I did it myself. I hope that's okay, Isabel said she couldn't wait."

As promised Selena was in the infirmary first thing the next morning, rested with a smile on her face and no sign that they had been in battle the previous day. She was in simple garb today, a single-colour green dress that covered her knees and extended to above elbows, a plain brown leather belt to break up the dress and light footwear. She still wore a knife at her belt, but otherwise she seemed more like a maiden at a village fayre than a Military Summoner. While she didn't expect visitors she had the medical room open and ready for visitors if required, an empty bowl on one table showing she'd already eaten as she sipped at a warm, fragrant drink and ensured the room was stocked and set up to her expectations. Regardless of who had designed the room, and who the previous occupant was, she was the nurse now and this was her lair. In an emergency - and they surely would rise like the sun - she wanted the room ready for her standards.

When morning came around, Sandor was compleatly out. He awoke very suddenly, eyes snapping open, with half of his body off of the bed. In an attempt to role back on, he ended up slipping of compleatly, landing with a thud on the floor. He got up slowly. Luckily, Helios had already left, so he didn't wake anyone up. He looked around for what woke him up for a short time, before realizing it must have been his fiend. He was lucky that he could count on Rayanard to keep him from oversleeping.

Soon he left the dormitory, Sandor headed for the mess hall. When he walked in, he saw a pot of what he assumed must be breakfast, and Helios sitting at a table. It seemed none of the other students had arrived yet. Sandor walked over to the pot and gave himself a ladle full of what turned out to be porridge. He sat close to Helios and said "We did a lot yesterday. I hope whatever we do today isn't as hard as what we did yesterday."

Helios looked up when Sandor entered the room, but didn't say anything until the other boy sat next to him.

"I sure hope not" he said inbetween spoonfuls of porridges. "Yesterday we faced an Abomination. I don't think we can be that unlucky every day."

Helios continued to eat in silence for a few moments. He hadn't been very lucky since he got here. Even on his first day his Fiend had nearly killed another student. What horrors could today bring?

((MP has decided to leave the RP. His character form will be removed.))

Edited by Fortune86

Atani

She was not a morning person. Rolling over in her bed, Atani mumbled in her sleep and pulled the covers further towards her head. There was light trickling into the room and someone was moving about, not all that skilled in remaining silent. Frowning, she opened her eyes and stared at her bag on the floor for a moment before turning her head to see who had bothered to wake her.

Sorana.

Scowling, Atani sat up in bed and watched the other girl as she tried to figure out... something. "Wha's yer damage? Don' ya know yer makin' a ruckus?"

"Oh!" The girl turned around to face Atani, looking embarrassed. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you...."

"Yah well, ya did," Atani remarked, eyes narrowing in displeasure.

Sorana shifted her weight from foot to foot, looking ever more embarrassed and nervous. "I'm just trying to figure out what I should wear today and what I will need for classes...," she started, trailing off.

Atani rolled her eyes, throwing her blankets aside and climbing out of bed. "Wha's i' matt'r? 's not like ya got anyone to impress," she stated. Grabbing a random outfit, Atani shed her shirt from yesterday, usually preferring to sleep in only a top and undergarments, and haphazardly slipped into the fresh clothes. With a snatch at her bag, she headed for the door and into the hallway.

"W-Wait up!" Sorana quickly shoulder her own bag and hurried out of the dorm room behind Atani, keeping pace with the older girl as they headed for the mess hall. "I wonder what they serve for breakfast here. Oh! Maybe they're dishes from all over the world! That would be amazing! Imagine, trying all sorts of new food," Sorana exclaimed, reaching the doorway that lead into the dinning area. She paused, however, at the threshold when she realized there were a pair of boys already there.

Helios looked around as the door opened, expecting to see Bella, Diana or Selena. Instead however were two girls he had not seen before. New students? They didn't look enough to be teachers.

He glanced across the table at Sandor, wonering if he was going to react in any way to the newcomers.

Diana smiled lightly at the confirmation. Isabel was usually quite reliable, but everyone made mistakes once in a while. But her content expression faded as Sheridan went on. "Yeah, that's alright," she said, lines crinkling between her eyebrows. "Was she alright? It's not usual for her to be in so much of a hurry." Isabel hadn't done something like this before. Hopefully all was okay. She felt a pang of concern for her fellow staff member.

Sheridan shrugged.

"Isabel didn't say much. Something about a death over in Zurt. She was in a hurry to get back and find out what had happened. Probably another mining accident or something."

Bastian didn’t move much from his spot. His arms still rested on his legs while his back was leaned against the wall. He didn’t sleep much, only drifting in and out of sleep for a couple of minutes. When morning came and a guard informed him he could leave caused him to wonder why. He figured that he would have stayed in the cells for at least a week.

“A weird man you say?” Bastian spoke as he finally stood up from his spot. He stretched a little loosening his limbs and warming up his muscles. When he was done he stepped out of his cell thanking the man. Eventually he was lead back to the main hall where he found a familiar person.

“Not that weird of a man.” Bastian spoke to himself as he stepped closer to Arthur. “I take it you’re the one requesting me out then?”

~~~

Bella was already up early taking a shower and freshening herself for the day ahead. When she returned to the girls dormitory she was surprised to see the other girls had already gotten up. Oh well she thought to herself. She will meet them in the mess hall hopefully. Packing away her things Bella left the room and head of the mess hall. As she stepped in she saw the two new girls, Sandor and Helios.

“Good morning all you wonderful creatures!” Bella greeted jokingly.

Arthur gave Bastain the briefest of nods in confirmation.

"Yes. Lord Terrance had wanted to keep you for the full twenty four hours, but I was able to convince him to release you early."

He looked around. There were not many other people in the main hall, not this early in the morning, but those that were were watching the pair carefully.

"Let us go and speak elsewhere" he said turned back to Bastain. "This is much we need to discuss."

~~~

Helios nearly choken on his porridge when the voice of Bella boomed out across the mess hall. She seemed overly cheerful. It seemed she was one of those people whom found it hard to stay down for long. Dropping his spoon down into his empty bowl he looked over at her.

"Hey" he replied. "You know these two?" he asked nodding towards the two new girls. They would be in the same dormitory right?

“Have no clue.” Bella said cheerfully. “When I woke I saw to figures in beds. It was like they appeared out of nowhere. Like magic.” With her last words Bella went to dish some porridge for herself and took in a seat next to Sandor.

“You two better get something to eat quickly. We might not eat again until evening or something.” She stated blowing on her spoon full of porridge to cool it down.

~~

This was a bit more serious than Bastian thought. The fire summoner just nodded in thanks and looked around when Arthur suggested the need to talk somewhere else.

“Of course lead the way.”

Without a further word Arthur spun on his heel and lead Bastain from the great hall. He passed the gossiping crowds and traders and kept walking until he reached a small house that looked dilapidated from being abandoned. There were cobwebs that spanned across the entire length of the hall and the dust was inches thick. No one has lived here in years. Arthur lead Bastain inside and only spoke when he closed the door behind them.

"What do you know of the God Upmejeuh?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen today" Sandor said with a sigh, "the first day, we fought pecktus monsters, the next day we were attacked by an abomination, today we might be killed by the world exploding." He then looked at the two girls that came in before Bella. "So, what elements are you?" Sandor asked them. It was rude to talk about them and not include them in the conversation.

Diana nodded. That sounded more like Isabel. "Seems like a lot of accidents recently," she commented, cradling her mug. Her eyebrows came together as she looked into the swirling brown liquid. Something didn't sit right with her. But it was probably just her getting paranoid. With a small smile and a goodbye, she departed from the room and headed to the Mess Hall. Her students had another lesson today, and breakfast was the most important meal of the day. "Morning," she greeted them, taking a bowl and starting to ladle in some porridge.

Bastian thought for a second but he didn’t really recall those words in any of his readings. Then again he didn’t really read much of the God’s. His main focus was on the monsters, abominations and of course that of survival.

“No I don’t believe I’ve heard of this God Upmejeuh.”

It seemed clear that the students had made it through the night without ill health striking them, so Selena finished rearranging her infirmary, picked up her bowel and left to join the rest in the Mess Hall. Putting her used bowel at the end of the table she moved to sit with Diana and the others, offering each a smile in turn as she sat down. "I trust everyone is rested?" she asked kindly.

((Her...bowel? D:))

"I have never heard of them before either" said Arthur. "I have long known that there were other deities apart from Vundiha, but this is the first time I have learned the name of one."

He looked Bastian in the eye.

"Apparently Upmejeuh is the god who flooded the world with monsters."

~~~

Helios nodded a hello at Selena. She looked a bit more alert than he felt. Of course, she was probably used to combat situations and could recover from them more easily.

"I think we'll all live" he said with a half small.

((Yes, her bowel. She was doing a self-hemicolectomy tongue.gif ))

Bastian frowned at this new information. He wasn’t really sure what to make of it. Now they know which god made the mankind suffer so much but at the same time if it wasn’t for him then they wouldn’t have been blessed with their fiends by Vundiha.

“So I take it that this god has something to do with just more than sending the monsters?”

"I'm not sure" admitted Arthur. "But there have been worrying developments."

He walked past Bastian and led the way into a small room on the right hand side of the corridor. There were a few items of furniture in here, covered in dust blankets. Arthur sat down straight backed on the nearest one.

"Hima was down by the coast looking for driftwood. He came across a group of people on the beach. Since people rarely visit the island he alerted me at once. When I arrived I listened to them talk. I could not hear everything they said without alerting them to my presence, but they mentioned Upmejeuh and his plague of monsters. They also spoke of the school here and how something needed to be done. This was a few days ago, it took me some time to return to the mainland. I went straight to Niefir and found a dead woman in the town square. A summoner I believe."