Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

"I hope to enjoy the books for a short time, but that will depend on other matters."

When Sorana asked about why he joined the military and his familiy, Arthur closed his eyes for a few moments. He did not speak until he opened them again.

"The decision to join the military was made for me. At the time my Uncle was a prominent member of the reigning government and he decided it would be for the best. My parents died when I was young and I lost my Uncle and Aunts during the Titan's final assault. I have no family left to visit."

((since we are assuming everyone got on Drahual))

When they got back to the school, Sandor jumped off of Drahual, with a yawn. He was really tired from everything they had done today. He wondered if there were going to be anymore lessons today. At least nothing as dangerous as what happened so far too day. He suddenly remembered something. I wonder what happened about the summoner death i heard about earlier. Did it really happen or did i just mishear? Sandor thought to himself. Well, at least he would be safe in the school... probably. He was happy to get back at the very least, but he never found an opportunity to visit his uncle. It didn't really matter though, Sandor had sean his uncle 3 days ago, right before heading to the school. He looked at the teachers and asked "Well, are we going to be doing anything else today? Because i feel today was enough training for a while."

((can we get the ball rolling again?))

Edited by na82008

Diana slid off Drahaul. "Thank you Imari," she said stiffly, before turning to one of her students - Sandor. The one with the horse Fiend. She shook her head firmly. "That was more than enough for one day, everyone. Relax and go to bed when you're ready." Smiling tiredly, the teacher set off toward the building and into the school. Pausing just inside, she wiped her eyes with the back of her sleep. Tonight, duty called. She had to patrol the walls of the school. Especially with what was happening recently. Sometimes she asked Isabelle to do it, but Diana trusted herself more with such threat. Her sstudents came before sleep any day of the week.

Thanking Imari and giving Drahual another pat on the foreflank as she slid off, Selena turned to look at the students and Diana. "I know the Healers had a look at you after the battle, however tomorrow morning after breakfast I want to see each of you in the infirmary for a once-over check to make sure nothing crept up overnight," she said, connecting eyes with each person present. "If anyone needs medical attention during the night, my room is the one closest to the infirmary itself. Please don't ever hesitate to wake me if you think someone needs a Healer, even if it is the middle of the night. I would rather be woken up by a false alarm than be left to sleep through an emergency."

Drahual had landed near the school with a small thud and gently folded his wings missing the precious cargo he was carrying. He lowered himself a little to allow everyone to get off easier. Imari herself climbed off but she didn’t wander far, she stayed next to Drahual with folded arms watching as the students spoke to their teacher. She was considering on staying the night but Terrence might not approve of this. He was already displeased with her family. And there was as the thing with Bastian. Imari could only sigh. Her cousin was such an idiot and he might have weakened his trust with his student because of his actions.

~~

Bella slid of the big blue dragon fiend and looked at the school. This was the first time that she actually felt exhausted. She didn’t even know if she would survive a shower at this moment.

“Seeing that we can go I’m going to love and leave you all and pass out on my bed.” Bella spoke as she started making her way into the school.

~~

Bastian sat on the small wooden bench in his cell, his arms resting on his legs while he was staring into the ground. He replayed the day’s events through his mind over and over, now and then cursing under his breath. He was an idiot. He was a moron. And he was no longer equal to Imari. With a sigh he continued to curse himself for what he had done.

((Sorry for the wait everyone. RL got crazy a bit))

((*snugs Spirit*))

Helios slipped off Drahual and turned to look at Imari. Knowing her she would be wanting to get back to the orphanage to check on the children, but he didn't want her to go just yet.

"What are you going to do now?" he asked.

~~~

A shadow passed over the window, causing Arthur to look outside. However instead of the large red Fiend he was expecting to see he saw Drahual instead. Where was Bastain? Curious and concerned Arthur rose from his seat and carefully placed the book he had been reading to one side.

"Excuse me" he told Sorana. "I have matters I must attend to."

He quickly left the library and walked outside. In the courtyard several students were dismounting and Arthur saw the familar faces of Diana and Imari.

"Hello" he said walking up to them. "I was hoping to meet with Bastain. Where is he?"

Imari bit her lip as she looked at her boy. She didn’t want to go just yet; maybe she could stay a little while longer. She had given the orders to the other ladies and they will be able to handle it for a while.

“I don’t know my dear. I’m rather torn at the moment.” Imari spoke while leaning against Drahual. “I could stay a bit but that is only if you want me too.”

Imari was still thinking over her suggestions when a man’s voice broke through their conversation. At first she looked at his white haired man with a confused expression. She had a feeling she knew this man but couldn’t place were. It took her a few minutes after she finally recognised his eyes.

“Arthur?” she asked. “It’s been awhile.”

Imari had pushed herself away from Drahual and took a step closer to have a better view of him. It has been ages since she last saw him and she knew Bastian was good friends with him but not even he had seen him in a while.

“I’m afraid he is in jail back at Suda.”

Helios felt his heart rise a little when Imari offered to stay, but at the same time he felt a little embarrassed. Wanting your foster mother to sleep over was so six years old. However nearly getting killed by an Abomination on your second day of school hadn't made him feel any happier to be a Summoner. If anything he hated his Fiend even more. And his leg was still aching, even if he could walk properly now.

However before he could say anything further a strange voice cut across them. Helios turned and saw a pale haired man walking towards them Due to how she reacted, Imari seemed to know him.

"Who is he?" he quietly asked Imari.

If Arthur was surprised to hear that Bastain had been imprisoned he didn't show it. As usual for him his face remained blank and unreadable.

"What happened?"

“He’s a friend of Bastian.” Imari whispered to Helios before she turned her attention back the Arthur.

“We got in a fight and things got a bit out of hand. Lord Terrence wanted him to cool down a bit in the cells while he released me.”

It appeared the rivalry between the two cousins had not faded at all over the past ten years. While Arthur was glad that Bastain had not been arrested on serious charges, having his former partner be imprisoned in another city was unfortunate.

"Will you be returning to Tehgrimm Suda soon Imari?" he asked. "If so I would like to ask to accompany you. I would talk with Bastain as soon as possible."

Imari looked at Helios then back Arthur. She didn’t mind taking him back to see Bastian but she had hoped that she could stay a bit longer with Helios.

“Of course. Give me a minute or so to see off my son here and then we can leave.”

Those words were something hard to say but Imari knew that when Arthur is around then something must be up and the fact that he needed to see Bastian meant it might be something big. She had always seen Arthur as the brains and Bastian the brawn. With her plans basically made for her she place her hand on Helios shoulder and lead him away from the group.

“You and I both want me to stay the night but sadly I can’t. With him here it means something is up.” Imari spoke now looking at Helios. “Promise me you will be safe and promise me you will learn how to work with your fiend. The healer, Selena, stay close to her and learn everything you can, she seems patient enough.” Imari then brought Helios in for a hug not caring if the others saw or not. “If you need me I’m only a short flight away.”

With that Imari broke free of the boy only to give him a small kiss on his head. She then returned to Drahual and Arthur who were both ready to go.

Son?

For the first time Arthur looked properly at the boy standing beside Imari. If he was a student at this school he had to be at least fifteen years of age. He knew Imari to be roughly twenty six years of age, so unless she gave birth at eleven then there was no way the child was hers by blood.

When Imari kissed the boy on the head she knocked his hood back, allowing Arthur to see his face more clearly. In that moment he understood everything.

"You adopted Ciel's child" he said as more of a statement than a question.

Helios was saddened when he realised that Arthur wanted to leave right away. He didn't feel any better when Imari asked him to keep trying with Cerberus. He was never going to get any where with the wretched creature, he just knew it. He returned Imari's embrace but sighed when they broke apart and Arthur asked about him.

"Did everyone know my father?" he asked wearily.

((You know Imari is in her 30’s right?))

“Yes.” She spoke looking at Helios. “He asked me to look over him when I started working at the orphanage. One thing led to another and I adopted him. I see him as my own son even thou I’m not his real mother. Not many people understand it but I don’t care what they think or say.” Her gaze then turned back to Arthur knowing he would understand.

((I thought she was only a couple of years older than Bastian?))

Arthur nodded. Imari hadn't really needed to explain, but at least it had confirmed his suspicions. He looked at Helios.

"I was taught by your father when I trained here at the school. You will find that most people our age or older would have known him."

Since there was no further topics to discuss Arthur walked over to Drahual and climbed up, seating himself as comfortably as possible. Like many people who did not spend much time in the air he was not entirely happy with flying, but time was of the essance.

((She was 24 or 25 when she went to the summoners school. Add 10 years to that she would be 34/35))

Imari just smiled at Helios on last time before she climbed on Drahual. She also greeted the others in a nice manner except for Diana. Imari merely glared at her still not fancying the woman much. With the good bye’s said the blue dragon took to the sky heading back home to Suda.

((I found your old form. She was 20 lol. She still would have only been fifteen when Helios was born.))

Helios watched as Drahaul lifted himself into the sky, carrying Imari and Arthur with them. When they had vanished into the darkening sky he sighed heavily and turned back to the school. He didn't feeling like eating, he just wanted to rest. He trudged through the main doors and walked down the corridors to the boy's dormitary, where he flopped down onto his bed and closed his eyes.

((Can people start directing students to bed please? Chico? Can Diana have a quick word with Sorana & Atani?))

As Imari and Helios returned from their private conversation and spoke once more with Arthur, the man mentioned who Helios' father was - and confirmed the relationship between Helios and Imari; adoptive mother and son. While Selena was not entirely certain who Ciel was, though his name was often spoken in conjunction with the Titans and the Summoners, it seemed that this boy was the son and Imari had taken him as her own. Not merely another orphan to her. Was that then the tension between Bastian and Imari? If Ciel was someone who the older Summoners knew and either respected or reviled, then that could have led to the tensions that had flared today. Whatever the reason, she doubted she would know today.

"Unless you feel that you need my ministrations, I suggest you take to the dorms," Selena said to the students as Imari and Arthur left, watching as Helios and Bella made their own way back into the building. "It has been a long day and rest will be required."

[[Well, given the time era, it would make sense for most women to have kids at about 15-18 years of age.

I'll get a post in today after classes.]]

((Not really, since TPI is actually set way into the future (hinted at in the first RP), and there are laws against under age sex still in place.))

[[sorry it took me a bit...]]

Sorana

A frown crossed Sorana's face, the sensation of guilt or regret crawling up her chest. She hadn't meant to draw out such a sensitive response. Before she could apologize to Arthur, the man was excusing himself and leaving the library. Perhaps the teacher he wanted to speak to had finally arrived. She'd certainly seen a large creature landing at the school just a moment ago. Turning back to her things, she gathered up the books into her arms after shouldering her bag. Was she allowed to take the books out of the library and to the dorm room? Well, she didn't want to agitate anyone on the off chance that she couldn't bring the books with her so, until she could get an answer, she placed the books back on the shelves. Sorana tried to replace them as close as possible to their original locations, caught on more than just one.

Finally, arms empty of texts, she exited the library and immediately heard voices. One of them belonged to Arthur while others were unfamiliar. Deciding it best not to intrude, she traveled to the opposite end of the hallway and into the dorm room where she found Atani laying on her back in one of the beds, an arm draped over her eyes. Finding an empty spot two beds away from the other girl, she rested her bag on the mattress and began to unpack.

Diana had entered the school as the dragon flew away. Her shoulders dropped and she exhaled. A good cup of coffee and off she would go. Movement caught her eye, heading towards the girls' dorms - and she looked to see someone unfamiliar. Another late arrival? She'd better check. Tugging at a strand of black hair, she headed down to the dorm and paused just outside the room. "Hello?" Hold on, there were two unfamiliar faces here. Huh. "You must have arrived today?"

Bella didn’t even bother to go wash up or anything. She was too tired and her bed was calling her badly. The young girl made her way to the girl’s dorm not noticing any new comers. She just made a bee line to her bed and fell on it. It wasn’t long before Bella fell fast asleep.

~~

Drahual landed in the open area by the orphanage causing a couple of dusty winds. Most of the children were inside while a couple of the other one stood outsides and talked. Drahual gave a loud snort indication that he wasn’t please with them still being outside. But seeing that they were teenagers they merely just looked at the large fiend. They had a stare down for a minute or two until one of the girls said that they should go. Eventually they left causing Imari to just shake her head. She had her hands full with some of the teenagers but for tonight she will let them be.

“Do you want to meet Bastian now or tomorrow? I can organise a bed for the night for you if you want.” Imari spoke as she climbed off Drahual.

"I will go and see Lord Terrance now" Arthur told Imari. "Thank you for the lift."

He slid down Drahual's hide and lightly hit the ground bending his knees a little. Standing upright he gave himself a quick bushdown to dislodge any flecks of dust or dirt aquired during the journey. Arthur started as though to leave, but he turned to face Imari instead.

"It is good to see you still in fair health. I hope it continues. Farewell."

With a nod he turned and left, walking away from the orphanage and into the city.

((This is the last chance to wrap up the day. My next post will start day three.))

Edited by Fortune86

Sandor was tired, but he decided he was more hungry. Surly there was food prepared in the kitchen for when they got back. No one else seemed to be getting food, so Sandor decided he would sneak in. He walked toward the kitchen and opened the door a little to see inside. It didn't look like anyone was there. He saw some bread on a table, but it didn't look like there was any food. Sandor quickly ran inside and took a piece of bread, then ran out, closing the door quietly behind him. He then walked to the boys dormitory, scarfing down the bread. He sat on his bed a moment, thinking about everything that happened that day. This place really is insane he thought, before laying down, waiting for sleep to take him.