Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

((Light blue, but yeah xd.png))

Helios was dissapointed to find that Imari and his friends weren't at the orphanage. It wasn't like he was expecting everyone to sit around moping because he had left, life moved on after all, but it still pained him to think that everyone was getting along just fine without him.

He should have realised that the older children were in Survival Studies. Imari kept a pretty strict schedule. Survival Studies were his favourite lesson and he had been looking forward to them all week, up until he had summoned Cerberus. Helios mentally cursed his Fiend and his fate as a Summoner. It wasn't fair.

Helios spent some time playing with the younger children, those too young to be in a class of any sort, and tried not to think what he would be doing if he was in class with the others. He'd probably be trying to shoot down some kind of bird. One of the best parts about Survival Studies was that Imari used to let him bring home something special for dinner.

After talking with some of the staff he learned that he wasn't the first visitor that day. Someone had called in to see Imari shortly before he himself had arrived. Helios wondered if that had been Bastain and just what he wanted to talk to his cousin about.

Areo arrived within mere minutes landing carefully in the park. Some of the people that were relaxing there got a bit of a fright but when they saw Bastian they returned to their activities. The dragon fiend bent slightly down allowing his summoner to get on. Once he was settled Areo took to the sky flying high above the city. Bastian scanned the ground looking for the large lake by the city. Sure enough the glittering waters greeted his eyes and right next to it was a rather large blue object.

“That must be Drahual.” Bastian spoke. Areo growled slightly at the name but sure enough he headed towards their intended target.

Imari was on her knees with a couple of plants before her surrounded by at least eight children. Drahual was close by lying on his side by the lake absorbing the sun’s keeping eyes and ears open for any threat that may creep up on them. Due to the regular visit to this spot not many monsters appeared here mostly due to the fact that Drahual kept this area quite “clean”. Only sometimes something bigger may approach the area but then the military was quickly to react.

“Now you see these with spiky leaves?” Imari spoke to the children. “They come quite in handy if you get deep cuts and don’t have a healer nearby. Who can tell me what you should do to let these properties of this plant...” Imari paused in her sentence as she received a warning from Drahual. The blue dragon fiend had rose to his feet and stood over the group protecting them from the approaching danger.

“Stay here. I’ll go see.” Imari spoke as she herself rose to her feet. Walking out from under Drahual she looked to the sky. “You’re right it is them.” Imari whispered back to Drahaul. The blue dragon fiend’s stance became a little less defensive but he didn’t move from his spot.

Areo circled the group from high above but when Bastian gave the signal the red dragon glided down only to land a few metres away from them. Bastian slid off and marched directly towards Imari followed by his fiend.

“Why didn’t you tell us?!” Bastian spoke without greeting or anything.

“Well hello to you Bastian. I’m well thank you. And yourself?” Imari replied ignoring his outburst. Some of the children drew closer seeing that their care taker seemed to know this person was.

“Stop acting stupid Imari and answer me!” Bastian continued.

“Hey you can’t call her stupid that’s rude of you!” One of the girls called out from behind Imari.

“Don’t mind him Lizzy. He is just a jerk who happens to be family to me.”

“I’m the jerk?! You’re the one who kept a big secret from us all this time! What the hell were you thinking?!” Bastian continued to shout as his cousin.

“Listen if you can’t have a civilized conversation then leave. I don’t need someone like you around my kids.” Imari spoke unfazed by his ranting.

“Your kids? Don’t kid yourself Imari. They don’t belong to you. You just take care of them, you’re nothing of them.” Bastian knew he was touching a subject that might cause more than just a shouting contest but he wanted answers.

“Hey back off. I don’t care who you are but you don’t know anything about Imari.” A boy called James spoke and stood before Imari. He was the eldest of the group and felt like he should protect her from this raging man.

“Shut up kid and go stand by the others. This is family business.” Bastian spoke as he took as step closer to intimidate the boy.

“James.” Imari spoke taking the boy by the shoulder. Her eyes were fixed on Bastian emitting a deadly stare. “Let’s go. I don’t have time for people like him.”

In those seconds that she guided James away and turned her back on her cousin Bastian grew furious. Reaching out to grab her arm Drahual saw it as an attack and lowered his head to roar at Bastian. But he wasn’t the only one who misread the situation. With Drahual’s actions Areo thought the blue dragon was going to attack Bastian and immediately swung his claw hitting Drahual on the side of his face leaving three scratches on his face.

Imari instantly stopped in her tracks feeling that warm blood dripping down the side of her cheek. Some of the children gasped, others only watched wide eyed what happened. She had never fought before any of her children and if she was in battle with monsters she made sure returned without a scratch or a blood stain.

“Take them to the edge of the lake.” Imari whispered into James ear pushing him towards the others. She then slowly turned around to look at Bastian with eyes that instantly meant kill.

“I-I-Imari. I-I’m sorry. It was an accident.” Bastian spoke as his eyes grew wide and took a step back.

“We finish this now.” Imari spoke in an icy voice. Drahual gradually started sending off sparks of electricity and readied himself for a fight that should have been sorted out years ago.

Isabel looked round as a surge of people raced past her, her imagination instantly filling with monsters. However instead of the attack she had been expecting two very familar Fiends were sizing each other up for a fight some distance away.

"Oh dear" she sighed under her breath.

She didn't know Imari too well, but everyone knew her Fiend Drahual on sight. She had a much better relationship with Bastain, having delivered to the school several varities of monsters over the years. Knowing there wasn't much anyone could do to stop two such powerful Summoners from having a scrap she simply stepped out of the way of the those fleeing to safety and settled down to watch.

After running several tests on the young darkness summoner, the head doctor gave a hefty sigh. The soft 'tap,' of his special white shoes mixed with the various noises heard throughout the hospital as Travis walked to the bed where Helios had left Ren. The kid had been asleep for quite a long time, and the doctor figured that he should at least make sure he okay.

The tall man slid the curtain of Ren's temporary room aside and he walked over. With a hand at his forehead, he cradled the summoners wrist between his fingers as he took the boy's pulse.

Bastian took a couple more steps back knowing this fight was the one they threatened each other about for years. The one that will finally show who will be the best between them. Areo stayed close to his summoner waiting for instructions but his scales slightly started to emit small puffs of flames. The stand-off between the summoners was so intense that some of the children started to feel uncomfortable.

Within seconds Drahual leaped forward ready to clasp his jaws around Bastian but Areo was quick enough and grabbed his summoner with his one claw and flapped his wings to take to the sky. But Drahual wasn’t going to let him escape that easily. The blue dragon lunged forward again grabbing Areo’s hind legs and pulling the red dragon down to the ground. Areo crashed to the ground sending a light shake through the earth. His claw that held on to Bastian opened and the young man fell out rolling onto the ground.

Drahual saw this as an opportunity to “crush” Bastian and work his way over the fallen Areo. Bastian quickly got to his feet and ran to create distance. Areo quickly recovered and used his hind legs to kick Drahual of from himself. The blue dragon flew through the air but landed safely on his legs. Areo in turn got to his feet waiting for the next attack.

“What the hell Imari. Do you want to kill me?” Bastian shouted when the stopped running.

“Don’t tell me you have forgotten out bet Bastian.” Imari spoke still standing in the same stop, glaring at Bastian with a cold look. “Only one will walk away from this battle. And that will be me.”

With those words Drahual started to charge at Areo.

“Fine.” Bastian whispered to himself now more than ever ready to fight. As Drahual started to charge so did Areo. In mere seconds both dragon’s collided, scratching and biting each other.

A large crowd had gathered to watch the two warring Fiends. While not many people knew the reason for the fight or even who was fighting, they understood it wasn't something they should get involved in. Battles between Summoners were not common, but there was usually a good reason for it.

A couple of military Summoners were also keeping a careful watch. While they had no intention of stopping the fight, they would be asking questions later.

Diana had wandered off by herself, heading towards the market. She browsed the stalls, hands gently brushing against ripened fruits. She paused by a pear, and eyed the stall owner. A short transaction later, she had a firm fruit in hand. Sinking her teeth in and chewing quite happily, she continued on wandering. But then she heard a commotion. Mutters and gasps of Summoners fighting outside the walls of Tehgrimm Suda. Near here. Large dragon Fiends. Oh, god. Stupidity seemed to run in that family. Groaning, she hurriedly slipped through the crowd and made her way to the closest exit. She summoned Rain, and hopped on. The two set off at a gallop, following the sounds of clashing scales and the smell of fear.

With the rest of the students in tow Selena took them off towards the park - after all, with only a couple of hours to spare she didn't want to lose them in the crowds of the market, or trek too far across town. Word also reached them of the battle that was taking place however; Selena looked back at the students and bit her lip. They had only been involved in a fight earlier and even she was feeling tired, but her responsibility as a Healer gave her the moral impetus to attend.

"Let's have a look at what's going on," she said softly to her companions, continuing to lead them to the park as she made up her mind. She wouldn't get involved in the fight - that was a job for the Military - but she would be close enough to offer medical assistance without risking getting herself and the others involved in the fight.

Ren groaned in annoyance as he felt someone grab his hand.

"Samuel I don't have class for another hour... make me tea later," Ren groaned angrily and tried to knock his waiter away.

He opened his eyes, to see the Doctor from earlier. He paused and rubbed his eyes.

"Uhh sorry... forgot where I was for a second," Ren said, sitting up.

He looked around, he was sitting on a bed in a hospital room, someone must have taken him there.

Ren stood up and stretched, hearing several cracks as he did.

"How long have I been asleep?" It couldn't have been that long.

Roaring of dragons and crackling of lighting and fire sounded through the air as the two summoners fiends battled it out. Both received high damage with every blow. Both summoners clothes where dripping with blood neither of them were planning on giving up due to blood loss. Their eyes were fixed on their fiends helping them though commands mentally.

Drahual had the upper hand most of the time, mostly due to his size. Even thou he was a little bigger than Areo, Areo found it hard to escape once he was under the blue dragon’s weight. Several times he had to launch a fireball towards either the nearby people or children knowing that Drahual would block the attack. Those attacks did cause quite a bit of damage to Imari but she was still standing strong even if her back was scorched by every fire ball.

Finally Areo broke free of Drahuals jaws and jumped towards the sky. The blue dragon quickly followed and soon the battle continued in the sky. Bolts of lightning flew towards Areo but got only hit by a few. He quickly returned his attack by blasting several fire balls. Sadly none had hit Drahual and this frustrated Bastian even more. He was starting to feel the toll of the battle on his body and found it hard to stand his ground. Imari on the other hand was too focused on the battle to even notice her pain. Her adrenaline was pumping and she was determined to win.

Once again the two dragons came into lock with each other but this time in the sky. Trying to bite and scratch each other the two dragons were free falling toward the ground. Areo had finally gotten the upper hand on the blue dragon as they fell. He was planning on using him as a cushion but Drahual made it hard. The two crashed into the ground causing Imari’s leg to break. She fell to the ground and screamed in pain but the screams made her fiend even more aware and started stabbing Areo’s abdomen with his horn. Bastian wrapped his arms around his stomach clenching his teeth and trying not to scream from the pain. Areo pushed himself of Drahual and took to the sky. The blue dragon struggled slightly to get to his feet and looked up at the sky.

“Do it Drahual. Finishes this.” Imari spoke out loud to her fiend.

Instantly Drahual took the sky flying directly towards Areo. Areo waited for the impact but he was surprised that the blue dragon just flew past him. Bastian smiled knowing his cousin must be losing concentration. His eyes gazed at Imari who was still looking up towards the sky, thinking he was going to win this battle but suddenly his fiend began to panic. Bastian looked up towards the sky again only to find his dragon fiend engulfed by smoke.

“Where the hell did that come from?” He asked starting to panic as well. He finally saw that Drahual was the one causing it and Bastian couldn’t understand why. Just as Bastian wanted to give the command to Areo to get out of there the man started to scream. Drahaul had created a static cloud and Areo was in the centre of it. The bolts of electricity that ran through Areo caused Bastian severe pain causing him to fall to his knees. It felt like hours of torture and then it finally stopped. Bastian lost his connection to Areo causing him to disappear. The man’s skin was smoking form the attack and Bastian found it hard to move.

Drahual came to land near Imari, inspecting his summoner condition. She was weak but she still had one more thing to do. With a struggle from her broken leg the woman walked towards Bastian who was still on his knees not moving. As her shadow fell upon Bastian, Bastian merely looked up as his cousin in defeat.

“This is over.” She spoke in a cold voice. “I win.” Just as she said the words she punched Bastian in the face sending him falling backwards on his back.

Bastian lay on his back having blacked out for a minute. Imari’s punch wasn’t that hard but he had no more energy for anything. Instead he just lay there looking at the sky.

Several times he had to launch a fireball towards either the nearby people or children knowing that Drahual would block the attack.

Several times he had to launch a fireball towards either the nearby people or children knowing that Drahual would block the attack.

((Bastain you jerk!))

Helios was just saying goodbye to everyone at the orphanage when word arrived that two Summoners were duking it out outside the city walls. At first Helios though nothing of it, while uncommon, it was't unheard of for Summoners to have minor scraps now and again, but the staff members exchanged glances and started to whisper to one another. After hearing Imari's and Bastian's names mention Helios started to worry. He knew the cousins didn't get on very well, but they would actually try and hurt each other, would they?

Leaving the orphanage he started to hurry back towards the city gates, pushing his way through the crowd.

Bella was confused at what was happening. They were heading towards the park but then something about summoners fighting caught everyone’s attention. She couldn’t understand why summoners would fight each other. Weren’t they suppose to work together. None the less their small group followed the crowd in order to go see what is going on.

“I hope it’s nothing serious.” She spoke to Selena as she followed the older summoner.

((I forgot Bella's post xd.png))

Once it was obvious the fight was over one the watching military summoners approached the exhausted pair.

"Excuse me" he said to Imari, ignoring the fallen Bastain for the moment. "But do you want to tell me what the heck that was all about?"

The military summoner's comrades were waiting just a short distance away, ready in case Imari or Bastain were going to try and cause any further trouble.

Imari slightly lost her footing but Drahual was luckily there for support. She could see some military men approaching him but the children she had left by the lake were also running towards her. Imari didn’t want the children see her in her current state some would have nightmares for days.

“It was a family matter that needed sorting out. If you have problems with it speak to Lord Terrence.” Imari replied. Her gaze turned to the approaching children but Drahual covered with his wing so that she was out of view.

“Please can someone just take them back to the orphanage? I don’t want them to see me like this.”

"Oh I will be talking to Lord Terrance" pointed out the solider. "Don't you worry about that. The thing is Ma'am, is that you decided to resolve this 'family matter' in a public area, surrounded by innocent people and placed them in danger We take a rather dim view on that sort of thing."

At Imari's request he signaled to one of his comrades to usher the children away. They all looked confused and scared, but had little choice but to go with the soldier and his Fiend.

A military healer pushed his way through the crowd and joined the soldier talking to Imari. He kneeled down by Bastain and summoned his own Fiend, a sort of squat turtle with long legs and a elephantine trunk.

"Stay there miss" he said glancing up at Imari. "Rafin can manage to do the both of you at once."

While the healer encouraged his Fiend to bathe the two wounded Summoners in healing light the solider spoke again.

"I'm going to have to ask the two of you to accompany me back to the station."

Imari felt ten times better after her wounds were getting healed but she still lost a lot of blood and she was tired but not too tired to walk away with her head held up high.

“I have no problem coming to the station with you but...” Her icy glare looked back at the soldier not really caring much what happens. “But if you kept the people inside the city walls as you were suppose to then they would have never been in danger. As far as I know whenever there is danger with outside the city walls people is supposed to be kept inside for their own safety. Even you as a military man is suppose to know that. The fight happened outside the city walls and nowhere near any farms or traders.”

Imari’s gaze turned to her cousin who was still lying on the ground being taken care of by the healer. If they wanted to take someone then he should be the one to blame.

“Now shall we go cause these clothes isn’t going to wash themselves.”

The soldier gave Imari an unimpressed look.

"This area is a designated park" he explained. "While it may be outside of the city walls it has long been an area for relaxation and recreation. Weren't you yourself using the park in order to teach the children in your care about plant properties, under the protection of the militray presence stationed here? While we can spot and ward off monster attacks from a distance, when two Summoners decide to start a fight in the middle of everything it is a different matter."

When Bastian had been healed another military Summoner dragged him to his feet and put a pair of cuffs on him. The cuffs were specially designed for Summoners and had a extra chain that went around the waist, preventing the prisoner from tapping his chest to release their Fiend. The soldier that had done all the talking fitted an identical set on Imari.

"This way please" he said indicating towards the city.

Selena and the students arrived just as the fight finished and the Military moved in to deal with the aftermath. Recognising the soldiers who were attending - after all, she had been stationed here - she reckoned there must be a good reason for Bastian to be in cuffs. The Laws were sometimes a bit stringent but they were enforced fairly, with corruption and abuse of power being almost unheard of in the Military and especially here under Lord Terrence's nose. If Bastian was being arrested - or the very least taken for questioning, then it would be with due reason. Given the state of the two Summoners - who bore a passing resemblance to one another - it was clear they had been the ones fighting. But fighting each other?

Indicating to Bella and the rest to stay where they were Selena lightly moved over the Military contingent, glad she had left her rank brassard on since entering the city. Even if the squad leader didn't recognise her he would at least respect rank and status. "Afternoon," she said to the squad leader. "May I ask why my CO is in chains?"

When someone approached him and spoke the soldier rolled his eyes. It had been a long day and his shift wasn't due to be over for another three hours. He just wanted to get these two up in front of Lord Terrance as soon as possible and get it over with, provided his Lordship's busy schedule allowed it.

When he turned to look at the newcomer he was a little surprised to see that she was wearing a healer's insignia. Of course, said his brain as it caught up with his ears, she said 'CO'. Hardly civilian speak.

"Well I have several options to chose from, but at the moment I'm opting mostly for breach of the peace and reckless endangerment. I didn't miss your CO's Fiend firing directly at a bunch of children a few times. I would have been burned alive blocking that last blast if the other Drahual hadn't done so first."

((After a quick chat with Lord Terrance, Imari will be let go but Bastain will remain imprisoned for a while, that okay with you Spirit?))

Edited by Fortune86

Imari growled inwardly when they placed the cuffs on her. Drahual had disappeared in the meantime and the group slowly started to move. Bastian was completely out of it slumbering in and out of consciousness. He knew he was in trouble but he wasn’t going to fight it. The way he felt they could just throw him in jail and let him rot there.

((Sure thing Fortune))

Seeing as neither prisoner was going to make any further protests the soldier started to march off towards the city. The leading soldier glanced at the unknown healer before following after them.

As the fight and resulting arrest was over the people in the pack went back to their earlier activties. A few people, left unnerved by the events, repositioned themselves and their families closer to the remaining stationed soldiers, just in case.

~~~

When Helios reached the gates of Tehgrimm Suda he was shocked to see Imari and Bastain being marched through them in chains. He stood dumbfounded by the side of the street as they passed and continued to stare after them until they were out of sight. Just what had happened?

"Understood. Thank you sir," was all Selena could utter as she looked in undisguised astonishment at Bastian. As the contingent started moving into the city Selena stepped back and let the patrol and their prisoners pass, her brain trying to catch up with the scene. One of the tricks of being a Healer was to perfect the illusion of being unshakable, that a patient could present with anything and professionalism would allow the Healer to simply take it in their stride as if it was nothing new or unusual, even if they were shocked inside. Sometimes though, that facade could be broken. Finding out that Bastian had apparently tried to attack civilians had breached that facade.

With Bastian in chains and Diana nowhere to be seen, that left Selena to look after the students. Given some - like Helios - had gone wandering by themselves she decided that the best thing to do for now would be to carry out Bastian's instruction of waiting at the gates. With luck Diana would be there to meet them and from there they could work out how and when they would make their way back to the School, and just what to do about their now-incarcerated teacher. Beckoning to the other students she started to lead them back to the meeting point, tucking in the wake of the soldiers to begin with.

As they passed through the town Selena noticed Helios, and with a short whistle to gain his attention beckoned that he join the small group as they made their way back to the caravan meeting point.

Diana had galloped her way to the park, and her posture slouched as she watched the end of the battle. She let out a soft moan. "Really?" she muttered, running a hand through her short hair. At least she had Selena still. That girl had a calm head on her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes followed Bastian, slowly narrowing as soldiers started to move in. That was a stupid thing to do. Given, she had done stupid things in her life, but... really? Realising that students would probably be starting to return to the meeting point, she turned Rain about and the pair made their way quickly. Soon enough her Fiend was desummoned and she was sitting on the edge of a low wall.

((Shoot, this RP moves slowly when I'm keeping an eye on it, and when I don't... xd.png))

The soldier had been planning on taking Imari and Bastain straight down to the jail and letting them stew in a cell each for a while, but a runner caught him at the door and passed on a message. Hw quickly read it and turned to his prisoners.

"It seems you are both in luck" he told them. "It seems Lord Terrance heard about your little spat and wants to see the both of you right away. I'll take you up to his offices now."

~~~

Helios looked all around him when he heard someone whistle but eventually saw Selena looking at him. He hurried over hoping she had answers.

"What happened?" he asked her. "Why was Imari under arrest? What did Bastain do?"

Helios simply could not entertain the thought that Imari could have done any wrong, so he simply assumed that it was all Bastain's fault.

Selena put a hand on Helios' shoulder as he joined her and the others. "It would appear the pair got into a public spat. They're being taken for questioning - and we're going to regroup with Diana," she replied simply. "Once we've regrouped, we'll figure out what to do from there," she added, anticipating any queries as to what they should do next. It would be best if the Summoners were together and took unanimous action rather than split up. Tehgrimm Suda was big enough for someone to lose themselves if they wanted to, or if you didn't know where to find them, and the last thing they needed was their power base to be split up any further.