Fortune86

PLEASE CLOSE ~ DEAD

When he saw Imari pushing her way through the crowd Helios felt a huge surge of relief. He couldn't stop himself from breaking into a broad smile. He was so hapy that Imari was okay, but before he could ask any questions his foster mother was offering her help to the group, telling them she could give them all a ride home. Thankfully Diana agreed and Imari turned to look at Helios.

"I'm okay" he said in a quiet and soft voice. "But what about you? What happened? Where is Bastain? Did he hurt you? You were all covered in blood before..."

~~~

Sheridan shook his head in disgust. The young kids these days thought they had all the problems. He had lived through the rein of the Titans and their mass attack on Tehgrimm Suda. He didn't need to take any crap from a snot nosed brat.

When both girls had left for their dorm room he went back to get his mop and bucket in the infirmary.

~~~

A passing nurse saw the stretching Ren and wandered over to investigate.

"Hello sir. Are you quite rested? Your friends have left already."

Edited by Fortune86

“Oh that warthog didn’t hurt me.” Imari lied even though her clothes were bloodied and her leg was broken at some point in the battle. “We won’t fight like that again, promise. We’ve settled our score once and for all and things will be different from now on.”

Imari couldn’t contain herself anymore and gave Helios a little hug. She was glad her boy was fine but she was worried in whose hands he will be safe. The medical woman who came to ask what happened when they got arrested seemed like someone who can keep an eye on him. Her trust in the other two was rather low at the moment.

“He is in jail for now. Terrence wants him to cool down first.” Imari spoke now looking at Diana. “He asked me to take you home.”

Helios 'allowed' Imari to hug him. He didn't want to be seen to be getting fussed over too much by the others, but at the same time the embrace gave him a small feeling of security. With Imari here, it suddenly felt like everything might be okay now.

He wanted to ask why they had fought in the first plcae, but given Imari's body language she probably didn't want to discuss it in front of Diana. She seemed oddly cold towards the other teacher for some reason.

Bella looked wide eyed at the older woman who just arrived. This was the woman who fought with Bastian and his Helios’s foster mother. She seemed a bit intimidating Bella thought to herself. Her eyes moved along with the woman as she went to speak with Helios. She could see that this Imari cared for the boy deeply and they clearly had a special relationship.

“She not so scary now.” Bella spoke a bit out loud. Quickly she placed her hand over her mouth when she noticed she spoke out loud. “Don’t mind me.” She spoke quickly again now pretending to investigate something on the wall.

Imari didn’t mind what the young girl said. She was more focused on getting the group back home. With that in mind she stepped a bit back and summoned Drahual. The large lightning fiend appeared out of a static cloud rumbling in happiness to see Helios. The blue dragon even lowered his head to give the boy nudge of happiness.

“When you are read we can leave.” She spoke to Diana still giving her a stern look.

Sorana

Entering the library, Sorana set down her bag in a chair that rested towards the side of the room. She figured she could at least catch up on some basic knowledge while she waited for the other students to return. But, where to start? "There're so many books... I don't even know what was learned yesterday...." Her brows furrowed in thought, eyes roaming the shelves. Should she start with the history of Summoners? Or should she start with some bestiary text?

Well, history's as good a start as any. Might as well.... Finding the shelves that housed the history texts, she found a few specific to Summoners and the land of Wyhdori. Heading back to the chair and her bag with books clutched in her arms, she moved her bag out of the way so she could sit down and started reading.

[[Could I get a description about the dorms? As in, what do they look like/contain within?]]

((The dorms basically just contain a row of beds, each with a small cupboard and a shelf above the bed itself.))

Arthur looked up from his book when a young girl entered the library. She had not been about before and judging by her youth she was probably a student. Had the class already returned from its trip to Tehgrimm Suda? Had he somehow missed Areo landing in the courtyard?

Arthur turned his head to look out of the window, but saw nothing, so he turned back to look at the girl.

"Are lessons over?"

[[Thank you.]]

Sorana

She jumped, book falling from her hands and two others falling over from being kicked. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't realize anyone else was in here!" Her cheeks and neck started to gain a bit of color, embarrassment flushing her skin with heat as she bent down to fix her books and pick up the one she'd been reading. Sorana finally looked over towards the man who had spoken, ears edge with red as she held her book in uncertainty. "N-No... I, uh, I think the lesson is still continuing? I-I just got here a few moments ago...."

She held her breath. Would this man judge her as sourly as the other one had? Sorana hoped not. Looking down at the book in her hands, she nervously shifted her weight from foot to foot, worrying her lower lip slightly. "I-I'm sorry. I don't have much manners this morning. I'm Sorana Illune. I live in Niefir," she introduced herself, looking back up at the man.

Atani

The dorm room didn't look all that fascinating. Atani had been hoping for her own little area, separate from the other girls but, it wasn't to be. Instead, it was back to sharing a room with a handful of others. At least this time, there was a bed for everyone. Finding an empty space, she tossed her bag onto the floor beside the bed and promptly dropped onto the bed, rolling over onto her side. To be fair, the bed felt like heaven compared to that tree.

So the girl was a new student? That would explain why she was on her own. It meant her would have to wait longer for Bastian's return though. When she said she was from Niefir he wondered why she was a day late, but she probably had her reasons. Thankfully current Lord of Tehgrimm Suda was more understanding than the last one to issue a decree about compulsory training. Soliders under Jyeh's rule had sometimes ripped students from the beds if they were so much as a few hours late.

"I am Arthur" he replied. "I am just waiting to speak with one of your teachers. There is no need to pay me any mind."

Diana slowly frowned as Imari gave her a look. "Still got a problem with me, huh?" she muttered to the side, stepping back to let them have some space. She had ten years of teaching under her belt. Nonsensical censorkip.gif*iness wasn't getting underneath her skin. Ignoring the looks she was getting, the teacher resumed her place next to Selena. She was an ambassador for the school and summoners in general. No scenes were going to be made here. "I believe that we are indeed ready. Let's head home." Making sure that her tone was even, she scaled the dragon Fiend.

Sorana

"Oh...," Sorana trailed off, watching Arthur. Carefully, she sat back down in her seat and reopened her book, trying to find the page she had been on before Arthur had startled her. However, now she couldn't really concentrate on reading and wanted to have an actual conversation with the man. Perhaps he could tell her what it was the students learned yesterday. "Excuse me? Sorry but, uh, are you a student here too? I-If you are, why aren't you partaking in the lessons today? Or are you just arrived today like I am?" she asked, slightly timid at first.

[[Can I get something clarified? When Summoners turn 15, do they all encounter their Fiend for the first time that year or are there cases where they encounter their fiend at an older age without knowing they were a Summoner until then?]]

((Most Fiends will reveal themselves a few days after their Summoner's 15th Birthday, but there are a few very rare exceptions. For example, someone who has been ill for a very long time and remains bedridden may not trigger their Fiend as they would be too weak to do so.))

Helios gave Drahaul a pat on the forehead, just as happy to see the large blue dragon as the Fiend was to see him. When Diana gave the go ahead for the return trip Helios walked around Drahaul and climbed up onto his back.

~~~

"I was a student many years ago" explained Arthur. "Today there is something I need to discuss with your teachers. However I was not able to catch them before they left for today's lesson. Rather than chasing them across the country I thought it more prudent to wait for their return."

Edited by Fortune86

((sorry i haven't made posts. Iv been busy with school))

Sandy was amazed by the fighting prowess of the two dragons. It was a much more spectacular fight than what had happened with the Abomination on the road here. He began to change his thoughts when Bastian began firing into the crowed. He had thought they were going to be hit at one point, but luckily the blue dragon had gotten in the way. what kind of teacher would aim deadly attacks at innocent civilians and his own students? How did he even get this job? Sandy thought. He resined to take the teachers threats much more seriously during training.

After the fighting ended, a mean looking woman, who owned the blue dragon, approached them. From what she said, she would be filling in for Bastian on the way home. Well, he can't judge based on how she looked, she did save many peoples lives today after all.

((also, Fortune, they all encounter their fiends at 15? i wrote my characters history like he realized he had a fiend at 16 or 17...))

Selena subtly watched the interplay between Imari and Helios. Factoring in that Bastian and Imari were cousins made the interaction between the three all that more interesting. Clearly Imari and Helios were close, a bond that was almost maternal although they didn't look like one another. It was not something, however, that she had picked up in Bastian and Helios interacting and made her wonder what the connection was between Imari and Helios. They didn't look like they were related though looks were not everything, but the familiarity spoke of a similar bond - especially in how she reacted to the hug, like a boy being embarrassed by a mother's affection.

She wondered if the fight had anything to do with this? The look Imari gave Diana certainly made Selena wonder if perhaps it wasn't personal per say, but Imari's anger at Bastian had been more because the boy had been sent to the School rather than a family feud, hence the stern look directed at the other teacher. After all not everyone agreed with the Summoners' expectations.

Selena moved over to the massive Fiend, approaching slowly and offering a hand up to touch the foreflank as a way of greeting. "Hello," she said softly.

Sorana

What Arthur said made sense. Sorana nodded slowly in response. "I see... So, there's no chance you likely know what was taught yesterday?" she tentatively asked. "Was the school different when you were a student? Or has it remained the same?" She was growing curious now, books almost entirely forgotten as she laid the one in her hands aside. "Oh! Are you part of the military or just a licensed Summoner? What's it take to even become licensed? I've considered joining the military but I'm not too certain. I don't want to end up leaving my family behind so I figured simply being a licensed Summoner would be the better route to take."

Imari watched as the group climbed on she needed to make sure everyone was on safely rather flying off having someone fall off.

When Selena greeted Drahaul he slightly turned to look at her. He gave a small nod in greeting back along with a smile curled on his lips. Imari just smiled back at the interaction between the two, she had a good feeling about this one. Maybe she should talk to her when they land back at the school asking a favour to look after her boy.

Bella forced herself to stay calm and not jump up and down with excitement. She had never seen a large lightning type fiend and this was just too good to be true. As Bella made her way towards the blue dragon she tried her best to taking in every detail she could. Finally the girl got on, feeling and examining the dragon scales, she couldn’t wait till they took to the skies any more.

It seemed the girl wanted to keep talking to him. Arthur wasn't much of a conversationalist, but he knew that young Summoners could do with all the help they could get. Fighting monsters, whether for just a year or your entire life, was a daunting prospect. Closing his book he placed it down on the arm of his chair so he could give Sorana his full attention.

"The school I studied at was destroyed. You were probably only young when that happened so I doubt you would remember much. This building is far grander than the former, but I haven't seen much of it so I can't comment any further. As for what I do now, I am a Military Investigator. I have been disconnected from society for a long time, but recent events have encouraged my return."

Sorana

"Does your return have to do with the Summoner that was found dead in my hometown?" Sorana asked tentatively, a frown crossing her face. "I'm sorry if I'm prying. I'm just curious," she added quickly, clasping her hands together and stuffing them between her knees. "What did the old school look like? I know you said you haven't seen much of this new place yet but, what differences have you already noted?" It wasn't hard to miss the fact that Arthur had not answered her questions about becoming a licensed summoner. However, she didn't hold that against him. It was likely that she was asking him too many questions at once and unknowingly forcing him to pick and choose which subject matters to discuss.

Summoners arrived at the school later that day. One of the desk workers made arrangements for the men to transport Ren and Castian later on in the afternoon.

It was early into the morning before they finally arrived in Niefir. An unconscious Castian was moved into one of the quieter hall where he would be able to recuperate and heal.

((MP, you may decide if your char traveled with them or not. smile.gif))

"It is okay to be curious" said Arthur. "It is only natural to have questions. Fighting monsters is and will always be the most dangerous profession there is. You should know what to expect. As for the events of this morning, I am afraid I can not say at this point in time. But do not worry, I am sure you will be safe in the charge of your teachers."

He looked around the library before speaking again.

"My school was much smaller, cramped in fact. It was mostly built of plain stone and did not have the decoration of this one. We did not have any fountains or statues. It was a building built to serve a purpose and little more. I would have liked to have had a library like this one."

[[i lied. I'm sorry. *ducks* Please don't shoot me....]]

"It is okay to be curious" said Arthur. "It is only natural to have questions. Fighting monsters is and will always be the most dangerous profession there is. You should know what to expect. As for the events of this morning, I am afraid I can not say at this point in time. But do not worry, I am sure you will be safe in the charge of your teachers."

He looked around the library before speaking again.

"My school was much smaller, cramped in fact. It was mostly built of plain stone and did not have the decoration of this one. We did not have any fountains or statues. It was a building built to serve a purpose and little more. I would have liked to have had a library like this one."

Sorana

So, perhaps being a licensed summoner would be the better option when compared to being military. Nodding slowly, Sorana nervously played with the bottom hem of her top. "I'm sorry you didn't get to have a library but, now that you're here and there is one, you'll be enjoying the resources?" she asked, almost rhetorically. Of course the man would. At least, if his stay was long enough. However, she kept pestering him, not giving him a significant chance to read his book. Still, she wanted to know things from Arthur. "Sometimes, simple buildings are best and prove more sturdy than complex ones...."

Worrying her lower lip faintly, she paused before speaking again. "If you knew of the dangers about fighting, why did you join the military? Wouldn't you prefer to just be licensed if it meant that you could continue seeing your family without worry of death?"