aangs-sister

Halloween/13 Planning, Speculation, and Discussion

Is everyone geared up to stay up late tonight?

I'm sick, but staying up until I have 7 eggs if it kills me. Halloween! Yaaaaaaaay!!!!

I'll stay awake untul I have my egg, and on early afternoon, the oter Halloween eggie will hatch so I can get a second one!

Can someone tell me what a catcher is? YES I'M A NEWB. But after 6 months I've never seen the word anywhere except in people's sig files.

Will say edit this post to say GOT IT when I read the answer. :-)

And I ask in part because I think I can catch but I don't know where to "throw" them!

What I've gathered, is that the term "catcher" is just used when the person has literally caught that type of egg on that year.

I've seen a few "grabber" thingys floating in people's sigs but I'm guessing that means that they weren't there for the actual release and are just grabbing them from the AP.

My Definitions:

Catcher - someone who gets eggs for other people

Grabber - someone who gets eggs for themself

Got from the link on the post below. xd.png

Edited by Nazgod

I actually managed to find the topic.

Just a simple google search brought it up for anyone's who's curious. ^^

Yup, once I have a question in my head, can't get it out. Have to hunt it till the very end. Don't mind me. tongue.gif

Edited by Nazgod

Yup, once I have a question in my head, can't get it out. Have to hunt it till the very end. Don't mind me. tongue.gif

So if I give them away anywhere that's good enough? (Like on the Departures thread?)

I would /think/ so but then again, I'm pretty new to this as well. xd.png

Might be a better idea to give it to someone who doesn't have that type of egg yet, instead of giving it to people who have like 5. ^^

Edit: I usually tell people to pm my with their scroll so I can check if they have one of the new release eggs before I gift it to them. :3

Edited by Nazgod

Most of my past Halloweens haven't been bred yet this year. Wonder if it's worth it to breed them now, with everyone so focused on locking themselves with the new eggs tonight/tomorrow...

After some intense hyperventilating, I grabbed 3 Marrows from the Abandoned Cave. And guess what?

They were all related.

UGH.

So now I have to give up two of them in exchange for a Shadow Walker and a non-related Marrow.

Heh... but look at the Marrow's code that I'm keeping. Naughty little devil. Hilarious code!

I'm new this year. D: How are the new dragons released? I'm guessing midnight tonight since it'll be Halloween day, and that's when the new eggs arrive. Where are they usually at though? Like in the cave, or in the terrains? I just don't want to miss out. >w<

Most of my past Halloweens haven't been bred yet this year. Wonder if it's worth it to breed them now, with everyone so focused on locking themselves with the new eggs tonight/tomorrow...

Yeah, go ahead and breed them all, but just send them to the AP. Increase the total supply but don't drag down your scroll.

I'm new this year. D: How are the new dragons released? I'm guessing midnight tonight since it'll be Halloween day, and that's when the new eggs arrive. Where are they usually at though? Like in the cave, or in the terrains? I just don't want to miss out. >w<

Yes, they start right at midnight, in a few hours. They drop in all the biomes, as the only thing dropping, and drop solid for 24 hours. Then they are finished.

See what happens when you are new? I got so old halloween eggie excited I'll only have room for 3 new eggs out of 5. *hops*

I am so excited to see what they turn out to look like... I hope not spider ones! But a candy one would be cool.

Added to the first post. Thanks for finding it!

Now that the new eggs will start dropping within the hour, a little note: Feel free to talk about the new breed as much as you like, but please avoid images so people don't get spoiled by accident.

Edited by aangs-sister

The new eggs, whatever they will turn out to be, are gorgeous!

I've caught three, and influenced two to be a pair. Halloween lineage projects, here I come! biggrin.gif

Holy cow, I can't even catch any... I was hoping to get two tonight, and one tomorrow once it slows down.. Doesn't look like that'll happen, lol.

Yes! It worked! I complained and the dragon felt sorry for me, I got one! tongue.gif

Edited by EscapistLore

(1: AP searching plans)

I'll be searching for clean-lineaged Marrows. The ones I own are terribly messy, I want to replace them.

(2: breeding for myself)

2nd gen Lurker from male Ember, as a mate for this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/4S9gB

(3: breeding for others)

I'll most likely "spam" the AP.

(4: Zombie experiments)

I already have three (four? idk actually lol) Zombies, all made last year. I'll be trying to get an adult ungendered Zombie and some undead hatchlings; scroll goal.

(5: expectations)

I was thinking about a fuzzy spiderdragon, but then many DC players hate/are afraid of spiders... Maybe something based on a black cat bringing bad luck? Or a witch? I don't know really.

Updating my to-do this holiday status:

1. Done, got more than just one replacement.

2. Failed due to misbreeding. Not a big deal though.

3. Done as well.

4. One adult ungendered Brain-nommer. That is enough.

5. Seeing the egg isn't spider/cat/werewolf themed, looks like probably no fluffy things for me. Still, I'm not dissappointed - obviously curious of what hatches from the eggs. And if these have spriter's alts o3o

Edited by Light Concorde

Already got my egg! In three hours, I'll hunt for two more and I hope in three hours there are still enough Halloween dragons in the AP to get a third Pupkin, Maroow, SW and Lukern.

To your experience, how long does it take until all Halloween eggs are away?

I created three Zombies, all female :-)

Edited by April2000

So I'm new to events on here and just happened to log back on after being away for months. Where can I see the halloween dragons and what does trick or treating do? Thanks I'm lost on these forums.

So I'm new to events on here and just happened to log back on after being away for months. Where can I see the halloween dragons and what does trick or treating do? Thanks I'm lost on these forums.

In the AP you can find past halloween eggs bred by other users.

While in the cave, in all biomes, only for today new halloween eggs are dropping. It will be impossible to get CB eggs of this kind next year.

With trick or treating you can collect a bunch (45 I think) of images which will be always visible clicking of the pumpkin badge on top of your scroll. To collect images you have to click on them when they appear.

My Halloween results so far:

1 pumpkin - gendered correctly

8 marrows - 6 gendered correctly, 2 still to gender

4 shadow walkers - 2 gendered correctly, 2 eggs

5 cavern lurker - yet to gender or eggs

1 marrow, 1 pumpkin, 1 cavern lurker frozen

2 new eggs already catched, 5 eggs going to hatch in 4 hours to let space for new eggs

1 zombie - the only one I was in need of

I'd say I can't complain at all biggrin.gif

Edited by Iside

Halloween results so far:

2 of the new eggs, 3 when included the one a friend will send me when it's hatched

2 Pumpkins, 3 when included the one a friend will send me when it's hatched

3 Marrows

2 Lukerns, 3 when included the one a friend will send me when it's hatched

3 Shadow walkers

3 Zombies (all female adults)

I'm very happy with my results!

Halloween results~!

3 PB 2G Marrows (+ 2 3Gs with awesome lineages)

3 PB 2G SWs

3 PB 2G Lurkers (+ 1 2G from Lurker x Arsani that I ADORE)

4 Zombies (2 hatchies and 2 adults, still have one more kill slot to try)

3 New Eggs (+ 3 more when some of my eggs hatch later)