aangs-sister

Halloween/13 Planning, Speculation, and Discussion

Has anyone seen any Hatchies in the AP (specifically Shadow Walkers)?

I caught seven eggs from the AP on the 25th, and when those hatched today, I bred seven more eggs. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should either breed or catch another 7 on the 29th... it means I wouldn't be able to start catching this year's Halloween eggs until the evening of the 31st, and I don't know if I'm that good at waiting. happy.gif

Next year is going to be tough having to decide which dragons to breed and keep. I already decided this year not to keep any Pumpkins.

Have the new eggs started dropping yet? I forget how this works.

Not yet. They will drop on Halloween day all day.

For some reason I'm having way more trouble finding the lineages I want this year in the AP. Last year I found tons of pretty ones, but this time around I'm mostly tossing them back. Maybe I've just gotten more picky.

As browser I use IE 8, which has the great thing that when you press back space it also refresh the page.

So my strategy is: go with mouse over the position of the first egg and, if it is a halloween, click. If I miss it I press back space, my mouse is aready on the right position so I don't have to lose time moving it, and if there is a new halloween click again and so on. Otherwise, I refresh the page with F5 until there is a right egg under my mouse cursor

yeah, that is also one of my preferred methods, but one of the cons is that i panic sometimes, and end up clicking on a completely random egg that takes the place of the halloween one.

Welp, I decided (at the last minute) I'm actually going to try for a Zombie this year. I've got 6 adults lined up for revival, plus 8 hatchies on their way to adulthood...and then death...

I do feel quite bad about it, so I really hope I'll get at least 1 Zombie out of this. :c

I probably used up all my luck summoning that GoN egg a few days back. >.>

EDIT: Owait, I just remembered there's a kill limit. :I Looks like I'm stuck with 6 Zombie attempts. *facepalm*

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I could only bring myself to kill two adults. I let fourteen hatchies die of neglect though. I still feel a little guilty.

Secured my goal number of 2nd gen Shadow Walkers for my SWxTsunami checker lineage, got another Pumpkin just for the heck of it, bred all my Halloweens, collected all my treats, and have a lovely pile of zombie fodder sitting and waiting for revival.

Now just waiting to catch my lovely stack of new Halloween eggs on the 31st...

Got my goal of 200+ zombie fodders, which was my goal for this year. Now just to wait until the 31st when I can go on zombie rampage. Quite happy. smile.gif

For some reason I'm having way more trouble finding the lineages I want this year in the AP. Last year I found tons of pretty ones, but this time around I'm mostly tossing them back. Maybe I've just gotten more picky.

I'm having the same problem. My focus is the 2nd gen Marrows, and one PB 2nd gen Pumpkin male. So far in the AP, I did find one beautiful 4th gen even Marrow, a 2g w/Albino mom, a messy Dorkface for freezing, a 2g Pumpkin with a Pygmy father, a gorgeous 3g EG PB Pumpkin, and a misclicked Shadow with a lineage I can match. I did find a trade for one 2g PB Marrow, and a 2g with a stripe mom, but the AP has just not been a good source for the Marrows I really want. sad.gif

What is the deal with Marrows and various pink Valentines? They are not what I am looking for, and I keep tossing them back when I find them. The same codes keep coming back too, so it seems I am not alone in tossing them back.

I have bred four of my CB Shadows for PBs, got 5 eggs, AP'd 3, traded one and keeping the last. I also bred two of the CB Lurkers with CB Royal Crimson females. Four dropped to the AP, and two are in Trade threads, with the hope of finding some of the Marrows I really want.

I'm hoping to find Halloween 2nd gens bred with Turpentines, but no such luck.

On the plus side, I bred Logic to a Marrow and sent three to the AP xd.png

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

Well, I wanted to gett at least one of each kind and, of oure except the 2013' Halloween dragon, I'm done! I have one Lukern, one Shadow Walker, one Pumpkin and one Marrow now. And on Halloween, I'm trying to get the new breed, of course.

I had luck: My Halloween-dragons all have CB parents, very nice lineages!

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Well, I won't have time to breed them, I guess. So, not this year, but next time I'll breed and hunt!

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

Nope, because of not enough time to breed. I'll do next year.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP?

I have enough Vampires. I don't want to make my Vampire group bigger.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already?

Yeah, I am! I already have figured out the dragons I'll kill!

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I hope for soething with black cats, bats or soething like that. I like the Pumpkins very much, the Lukerns aren't really my thing. They are, for my opinion, too "scary" and don't show the fun site of Halloween.

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

I already collected ost of them, I want to get them all!

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

I love Pumpkins! And the combination Pumpkin x Dark Pygmie sounds nice to me!

Finally killed all three adults for zombie attempts this year. Since it's a lineage based project, I don't really want to try any more unless necessary (I only need three more turns *fingers crossed*).

Got some marrows I wanted but was not able to find/catch a 2G from holly. Sad, because I was hoping to find my marrow a mate this year. :c

Stupidly bit a SW with the same vampire that failed last year when I wanted a Halloween vamp.

Can't wait to see the new breed! I totally would not mind if it was like, candy related or something bahaha. XD

I got all the previous Halloween eggs that I wanted, and enough spaces on my scroll to pick up four of the new eggs, if all goes well.

What I have discovered, though, is that I don't have enough pink dragons to do the all gender influencing I want to do, without any trouble. I thought I did, but nope. So after Halloween, I'm going to be breeding more pinks, I can see. :-)

One of my Cavern Lurkers has gendered (right) and I'm just reminded how much I adore the hatchling sprite. happy.gif So cute and creepy. Glad I got one to freeze.

Well, I'm bummed wink.gif

4 SW I influenced male gendered female.

I don't mind the PB so much, but 2 of them have a silver parent mad.gif

and they were AP finds, it's not like I can breed more.

Are they particularly hard to influence and I didn't know it? I missed the original drop, so maybe I missed getting the scoop, too sad.gif

Well I did not plan ahead this year....I forgot to prepare zombie fodder

I have some left overs that avoided the blade last year so I might try with them

Just bred my Halloweens, the results are in:

Pumpkin X Pygmy = 3 Pumpkin eggs

Pumpkin X Pygmy = 2 Pumpkin eggs

Pumpkin X Crimson = 3 Pumpkin eggs

Pumpkin X Seaworm = 1 Pumpkin egg (Keep)

Black Marrow X Red = 2 Marrow eggs

Black Marrow X Albino = 2 Marrow eggs

Black Marrow X Black Capped Teimarr = 3 Marrow eggs

Black Marrow X Grey = 3 Marrow eggs

Black Marrow X Ultraviolet = 1 Marrow egg

Shadow Walker X Hellfire = 3 Walker eggs

Shadow Walker X Red = 3 Walker eggs

Shadow Walker X Turpentine = 1 Walker eggs

Shadow Walker X Soulpeace = 3 Walker eggs

Shadow Walker X Silver Prize = 3 Walker eggs

Cavern Lurker X Ultraviolet = 3 Lurker eggs

Cavern Lurker X Seragamma = 4 Lurker eggs (Keep 1)

Cavern Lurker X Blacktip = 2 Lurker eggs

Totals:

Pumpkins: 8/9 sent to AP (Kept one)

Black Marrow: 11 sent to AP

Shadow Walker: 13 sent to AP

Cavern Lurker: 8/9 sent to AP (Kept one)

40 eggs sent to AP! Happy Hunting

I have a little question...

Why is my newly grown shadow walker showing the line "last bred on..." when I have never breed it before...?

I have a little question...

Why is my newly grown shadow walker showing the line "last bred on..." when I have never breed it before...?

Because your not supposed to be able to breed Halloweens again until next year. Just how the game goes smile.gif

Edited by wbmorgan

Are they particularly hard to influence and I didn't know it? I missed the original drop, so maybe I missed getting the scoop, too sad.gif

No, they aren't hard to influence. You just got unlucky.

I had it happen last year to a Pumpkin I needed to be male and it bucked influence and turned female. My only one to EVER do so. Yeah, I wasn't happy, so I feel your pain. I was able to find two very nice people this year to breed me the matching mates I needed. I'm sure you can find some next year smile.gif

Because your not supposed to be able to breed Halloweens again until next year. Just how the game goes smile.gif

Oh? I see, thanks. xd.png

I wasn't planning on breeding but got a little worried that they were bred automatically. smile.gif

Lots to learn on when you have your first holiday on Dragcave. xd.png

Secured my goal number of 2nd gen Shadow Walkers for my SWxTsunami checker lineage,

biggrin.gif So I'm not the only one who likes SW x tsunami! Yay! Maybe we should exchange 3rd gen tsunami eggs after Halloween's madness is over.

One third gen of mine. The other of mine for this year.

I'm having the same problem. My focus is the 2nd gen Marrows, and one PB 2nd gen Pumpkin male. So far in the AP, I did find one beautiful 4th gen even Marrow, a 2g w/Albino mom, a messy Dorkface for freezing, a 2g Pumpkin with a Pygmy father, a gorgeous 3g EG PB Pumpkin, and a misclicked Shadow with a lineage I can match. I did find a trade for one 2g PB Marrow, and a 2g with a stripe mom, but the AP has just not been a good source for the Marrows I really want. sad.gif

What is the deal with Marrows and various pink Valentines? They are not what I am looking for, and I keep tossing them back when I find them. The same codes keep coming back too, so it seems I am not alone in tossing them back.

I have bred four of my CB Shadows for PBs, got 5 eggs, AP'd 3, traded one and keeping the last. I also bred two of the CB Lurkers with CB Royal Crimson females. Four dropped to the AP, and two are in Trade threads, with the hope of finding some of the Marrows I really want.

YES! There seems to be a boatload of just dog-ugly lines out there - things bred with whatever was closest, it looks like. It took me DAYS to find the few nice ones I have now.

Is everyone geared up to stay up late tonight?

Have you tried putting them up for gender blood-swaps?

You might be able to get one or more of what you wanted, that way.