aangs-sister

Halloween/13 Planning, Speculation, and Discussion

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

I'd love another 2nd gen pumpkin (since I wasn't on board that year) and, of course, all the new wonderfully scary new Halloween dragons. But am working that day so bummer I'll have to be up at midnight to catch.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

I bred some first (past years) dragons that were first gen producing myself some 2nd gens so, yeah, I guess most of mine will be bred and dropped for those who don't have previous year's dragons.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

I'm dumping mine on the AP at various times after work or after I catch at midnight on Halloween. I really can't do the pm thing when I'm working-just not feasible.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP?

I've got a ton of vampires as anyone can see who looks at my scroll. No bites since I don't want to lose egg spots but if anyone would like one or two they can pm me after Halloween and I'll gladly try to bite and convert eggs into vamps for them.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already?

I have zombies and while it was fun in previous years I think I have enough now.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I'm hoping to see the highest end dragon predator that DC has ever produced, that hunts at night and kills and eats all other breeds of dragons..these predators would work in packs like wolves to take down even the largest of the dragon breeds either in flight or on the ground. I think it would be so cool.

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

Treats I don't have time to collect what with work and everything so not a priorty for me.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

Ha-ha-ha just take a look at my scroll and how many vampires I have. They (to date) are still my favorite Halloween dragon of all time.

Edited by Misha

This'll be my forth year catching Halloweens. I love them the most over all to all of the other Holiday breeds.

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage? None, aside from the newest one.

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like! What ever my trader/giftee would like from me.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.) I'll be Trading Gifting & Dumping.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP? Nope.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already? NOOO D: And yes I have a single Zombie which I was lucky enough to get on my first try.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it? I'm hoping it'll be based out of this reality. I.E. the Elderich Dragon. It's really unlikely though.

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat? Same as last year. The story events are really fun. smile.gif Trick-or-Treating is fun too.

Which is your favorite Halloween breed? What are you favorite Halloween pairings? I have to go with Marrows, they'r just so adorable. :3

Edited by Dark-Azkrin666

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

Shadow Walkers, Cavern Lurkers, Black Marrows, and the newest breed.

I don't plan on breeding any, as I have no breedable Halloween Dragons.

No, I don't have any Halloween Dragons.

YES. I love vampires, and I am starting an army of the creatures! I might also gift a few extras that I find.

Yes, I will make a zombie attempt this year. I don't have any.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I am really wanting a dragon like a werewolf dragon. Who doesn't think that will be awesome? xd.png

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

I want lots and lots and lots of candy. Because I didn't find many last year. I blame it on my dragons. They ate the candies before I could put them in my basket.

Which is your favorite Halloween breed? What are you favorite Halloween pairings?

Marrows, Shadow Walkers, and Vampires are my favorites. Pairing wise, Shadow Walker X Black Marrow stairstep or checkerboard.

Edit: This post was a mess.

Edited by carstella

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they? Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

Just like I'm trying to stay away from breeding my dragons (even rares or nice lineaged commons) to the AP, I'm not really sure I'll be breeding my holidays either. It seems like there's usually enough to go around and I like combinations that usually aren't what people are looking for. I figure I don't want to clog up the AP with crap nobody wants, so I'm unsure if I'll breed or not. There are a few lineages I want to try, so I might breed some just for me, which of course means extras will be sent to the AP, so we'll see. We'll see.

I've been waiting for a jack-o-lantern one for a few years now. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'll be looking for pumpkin x pumpkin marrow x silver. I'll also be looking for hatchlings to freeze

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PMYhq I'll be on the lookout for a mate for her and possibly another second gen marrow x female silver

I have this magi lineage as well http://dragcave.net/lineage/nEqo0

And because I'm behind http://dragcave.net/lineage/J8k22 x http://dragcave.net/lineage/OiUOh

I also have the pumpkins:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/blaXv x http://dragcave.net/lineage/Y5cbO

and more pumpkins with no set mates: http://dragcave.net/lineage/b0XoD http://dragcave.net/lineage/kikAk http://dragcave.net/lineage/bcpk6

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

I'll mostly breed my own eggs but I want to do some swapping. for lineages. I will be dumping a lot of eggs though since I have almost 50 Halloween dragons I can breed.

I have some and have a zombie x magi lineage, but I think a zombie peace seeker lineage would be great.

I want an orange colored Halloween dragon

Yeah, since they come in at 15 minute intervals, I can work and keep collecting at the same time.

If I have the time I want to draw stuff for some extra new dragons. I did it the last two years to get 13 dragons

, but I need to get a lot of stuff done before I can do that.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

Pumpkins are my favorite and I like any of the pairings I'm working on. Marrow x Rosebud is also another I like.

I really need to keep track of what I need this year

Creaky (male, second gen) (need another second gen)

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Just realized there are certain lineages I'm looking for. I need 2gen LurkersxCoppers for this and this. We'll, uh, see if that happens dry.gif

Edited by rumor33

Mostly Marrows and Shadow Walkers. I definitely need to keep an eye out for a marrow to go with this beauty.

I have a few pb shadow walkers I'm going to breed for sure, and probably some of my lurkers as well. I'll figure it all out eventually tongue.gif

Definitely dropping a bunch in the ap. Hunting for fun lineages there is always one of my favorite parts of the Halloween event.

No biting, maybe a bit of hunting though smile.gif

I have one lonely little zombie on my scroll, so I'll be trying to get a few more, especially hatchlings.

I have no idea, honestly. It'd be cool to see some dragons based on classic horror, like maybe a franken-dragon or werewolf dragon. Ooh, a mummy dragon might be neat, too.

I will find ALL the things.

I think the Shadow Walkers might be my favorite. They were the first holiday release I was actually online for. I love purebreds, but I think my favorite pairing overall is black marrow and red checkers, like the dragon I mentioned earlier.

I'll be hunting for all of them. I still kick myself from time to time for not being around during the previous Halloween events. I adore all of the sprites and I do hope to manage to get at least one of each.

I'm not planning on breeding any Halloween dragons as I have none. (Sadly).

I probably won't have any to gift.

I'm not very fond of the Bite BSA because of the negative consequences it might leave me with. I would dislike having dead eggs on my scroll. (All though I've never killed any of my dragons as of yet).

Considering the rarity of Zombie dragons, the difficulty of getting one and the appearance of the sprite, I can't say I am not at least tempted to try and get one.

I most likely will give it a go.

I have not got any Zombie dragons at the moment.

I have no idea. I can't really think of anything at the top of my head right now.

Sure, I'll probably try to collect all of them. I like challenging myself.

Hmm, I'd say Shadow Walkers are my favorites. I think that the sprite is beautiful. The other Halloween dragons are very nice too, though.

For my scroll goals, I want to try to get one more zombie dragon, a male. I already have 3 adults and 3 frozen hatchling zombies. I also want a couple of cavern lurkers of any lineage to freeze.

I am thinking of breeding my Halloweens for trades or to help people out. I'll probably breed like breeds together, unless someone asks me for a specific mate. If there are no takers, I'll gift or AP them.

Nothing particular. Will probably just keep some of my own bred eggs.

I will breed a sibling of this to fulfill a request. I also plan on breeding my 13 pumpkins, 10 other shadow walkers, my 10 marrows, and 6 cavern lurkers. Many of my Halloween dragons have set mates.

As mentioned above, one egg will be gifted. I'll keep a few, but most will be abandoned.

Not planning any, but that doesn't mean I won't decide to later on.

I don't have a S1 zombie hatchling, so will try for one of them. I only have one S2 hatchie and I wouldn't mind a few more. I also have some adults ready to sacrifice in hopes of adding to the two adult zombies I already have.

Still hoping for the spider web winged dragon I saw a few years ago. If I recall, it was in the completed requests thread, but its been so long that I don't remember exactly what thread it was in anymore.

What are you hoping for event wise?

Whatever the event it, I'm sure I'll like it! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

I have never had a problem collecting all the items.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed?

Black Marrows, but I find that Shadow Walkers look nice with almost any pairing I've seen.

What are your favourite Halloween pairings?

I was rather pleased to see how nice this pairing looks. I also think a checkerboard lineage of these breeds will look nice.

Edited by casprrr

Ahhhhh I'm freaking out! I just saw my first rare when egg hunting, and despite my turtle-speed reading, and slow recognition of the egg type, I managed to get my paws on a Purple dino egg!

Anywho, about halloween...

Newbie alert! lol

I just got my first Vamp egg (now a hatchling). I'm excited to start Vamp biting. I won't do it this halloween though, maybe later on in the year.

Zombies? Heck yeah! I googled zombie dragons and their awesome! Lucky thing I made my account right before halloween!

Am I looking for lineages? Nope. I'm extremely picky about my eggs/hatchis/dragons. They MUST be cb.

What I hope for this years dragon? Hmm....I'd like to see a werewolf of some sort. Maybe something like a ghost would be cool.

Like I said, I'm a newbie, so I have no clue about Halloween/Christmas events...

Well none really None will be cb unfortunately . I needed another lurker and shadow walker for my shimmers. Might be able to breed for a 2nd gen.

Not really sure. Maybe just offer them to others on DC

As mentioned above, will just gift them or trade them to anybody that needs 2nd gen. ones.

No. I myself have collected enough of them over the years.

I don't have any. Would be cool to trade for one tho.

Whatever Tj presents I am sure they will be cool. biggrin.gif

What are you hoping for event wise?

Doesn't really matter. This is probably the only way I will be celebrating Halloween seeing we had no kids come a calling last year.

Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

I am going to give it my best shot in doing so.

I like the Black Marrows and the shadow walkers.

What are your favourite Halloween pairings?

Some of the shadow walkers x shimmers or tinsels.

I need the following to complete my general scroll goal of 1 of each possible sprite:

Shadow Walker - Ungendered Hatchling

Cavern Lurker - Female Adult, Female Hatchling, Male Hatchling, Ungendered Hatchling

(All but one of my Cavern Lurkers from last year died due to being over viewed, which is why I need all of these in spite of being here for that event.)

Black Marrow - Male Hatchling, Ungendered Hatchling

Pumpkin - Male Hatchling, Ungendered Hatchling

Otherwise, I'll be hunting for any and all lineage shapes/types of Pumpkin x Dark Myst Pygmies. I ADORE that combination, and would love to get an arrowhead shaped lineage of the two biggrin.gif

I'd also like a Shadow Walker x Tsunami lineage <3

I'm planning on working on a Cavern Lurker x Tri Horn Wyvern checker, depending on whether or not I can find any Cavern Lurkers from the pair (I already have a Tri Horn from that combo).

Normally I send eggs to the AP, but I'd love to trade and/or gift some smile.gif Sadly, I don't have a lot of interesting lineages xd.png I've missed many of the Halloween events.

Nah. There's really no point in focusing on them with limited egg and hatchling space, especially since they are available all year round. I might pick one up through the AP if I can find a CB one that's under 4 days for a quick hatch.

Yes, I plan on making an adult female, a female hatchling, and an ungendered hatchling into Zombies to help reach my general scroll goal. I do already have 2 Zombies - an adult male and a male hatchling.

To be honest, the artists here are capable of anything (which is great) so I have no idea what to expect. I'm personally hoping for maybe a ghoul or werewolf themed dragon, but I'll be excited with whatever we're given smile.gif

I hope to collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat. I'd also love to decorate a haunted house scene or something (kind of like how we did the ginger bread houses).

I really love the Shadow Walker and Pumpkin Pygmies. To pick which I like more (to name a favorite) would be really hard, but if I had to, it'd probably be the Shadow Walkers. I love seeing Pumpkin x Dark Myst lineages, and I think a Shadow Walker x Tsunami would be beautiful <3

Edited by Wahya

Ah, I finally dug up the list of some Halloweens I needed. smile.gif

So, along with general pairings I like, I'm specifically going to be searching for:

-Gen2 Shadow Walker from Winter Magi

-Gen2 Black Marrow from female Horse

-Gen2 Lurker(s) from male Bleeding Moon

-Gen2 Lurker from female Royal Blue

-Gen2 Lurker from female Vine

This will be my first special DC event, so I am very excited! I have some dragons all ready for zombification attempts. I'm kind of paranoid I'll forget to kill them before the 31st. Ha, I probably won't.

Been playing since 2008, so may look for some more PB Halloweens if I get all my breeding done in time to get others.

My Halloween lineages are:

Need to breed a Pumpkin to replace the frozen dark myst pygmy that was a test breeding. Then next Halloween I can complete the lineage by breeding a 5th gen Pumpkin.

Pumpkin X Dark Myst

Will be breeding 2 4th Gen Marrows that have lineages like this Red.

Marrow X Red

Also Breeding 3rd Gen Shadow Walkers that will look like this Red.

Shadow Walkers X Red

And Last will be breeding my 2nd Gen Lurkers X yes...Red.

A few are going to be gifted to friends that need them. Some may be traded, and extras will go to the AP.

Nope, will need my kill slots for my 5 Adult Zombie tries.

I have a little family of them so far...make a few each year. So far I have an adult Male and Female and a hatchie Male/Female/S1. So this year I have 5 volunteers to try for an Unknown gender Adult

Zombie Fodder 001 HugZ

Zombie Fodder 002 HugZ

Zombie Fodder 003 HugZ

Zombie Fodder 004 HugZ

Zombie Fodder 005 HugZ

I also plan on doing some Unknown Gender hatchies...will need to collect several paper/cheese hatchies once Halloween gets closer and let them gender and then die in the fog. May do several Hatchies of all genders since it doesnt take a kill slot for them.

Doesnt really matter to me. I am sure we will get something cool like always.

Really doesnt matter to me on this either as long as it is not a LOT of items to collect. Not a big fan of the pic collecting. I like the things like the decorating the stuff at Xmas time better. Collecting the easter eggs is ok when there are not too many.

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are your favourite Halloween pairings?

I actually like all the ones we have so far...and they all look best with...yes you guessed it...Red. Well except for the Pumpkins cause they are too small to breed with the Reds, but I am sure they would look great with Reds if only it was possible!

AND ROFL @ Wookieinmashoo

I have some and have a zombie x magi lineage, but I think a zombie peace seeker lineage would be great.

I am still trying to get my second 6th gen Zombie killer (my name for them). After reading Wookies comment I will have to breed an extra 5 Adult 7th gen Zombie Killers next year at Halloween and try to get one to turn Zombie for me...cause that would be too funny. Cant do it this year cause my last pair of 2nd gens are not working with me and I already have 5 paper/cheese adults to try to get the Unknown Gender adult with.

That was fun...and didnt take as long as I thought it would.

*hugs everyone* Happy Halloween in advance! Wish everyone good luck with their hunting.

I'm looking for some mates for the ones I got last year and to even out my male/females:

2 MALE pumpkins: A 2nd gen PB to be a mate for one on my scroll and another random boy.

A marrow: A 2nd gen boy from marrowXblack

2 male shadowalkers: 1 PB 2nd gen and another one.

but I'd like to get others too.

A pumpkin like this and one like this

A marrow like this, =y&style[border]=n]one like this, and =y&style[border]=n]one like this

And my SWs, =y&style[border]=n]one like this and the other is super messy so it doesn't matter what I breed with.

And 2 pairs of PB luckers.

I'm keeping 2 PB lurkers, but the rest I'll be trading for lineage swaps.

Hunting, yeah. Biting, nah. I bit Xmases last year and I probably will again, but Halloweens don't have limits so I don't need to to keep my offspring.

This will be my first time making zombies. Still picking out who I'll use...

I want a monster-movie style theme, like a werewolf or a mummy or something from the black lagoon!

Not matter what the theme is I want something super fierce like the lurkers or marrows! SWs are nice, but I like my dragon ferocious. Either that or a super solemn, graceful eastern that's creepy instead of scary.

I actually don't want another story. It was nice, but didn't seem very scary. I want something like we have to explore a creepy forest to get the items.

Marrows! And I like PBs the best or holidayXholiday.

Just the new drops. I'm mostly focused on breeding the next generation of certain lineages I have in mind (and keeping a space open for a very nice gift I might get). ^^;

This is what I have lined up (by result). I probably won't breed all of them.

Pumpkins: A sibling of this (3rd-gen even-gen with normal Pygmy grandparent), a sibling to this (3rd-gen stairstep with Seawyrm Pygmies), and maaaybe try this (4th-gen even-gen with normal pygmies and crimson flare pygmies)

Marrows: a couple of PB 2nd-gens, a 3rd-gen PB even-gen, a couple 3rd-gen even-gens with Embers (siblings to this and this), a 3rd-gen stairstep with Sweetlings (sibling to this), a 3rd-gen stairstep with Fogs (should look like this), a 4th-gen spiral with Magi (should look like this), and a 4th-gen even-gen with Embers (should look like this)

Shadow Walkers: three PB 2nd-gens, two PB even-gen 3rd-gens, a 2nd-gen with a Nocturne (sibling to this), a 3rd-gen stairstep with Guardians (should look like this), a 3rd-gen deadline even-gen with Golds, a 3rd-gen even-gen with Nocturnes (should look like this)

Cavern Lurkers: 6 PB 2nd-gens, and some kind of mixed-breed 2nd-gen (but I haven't decided with what yet)

Dumping! For the most part, I don't like to be waiting on other people around the holidays... With the limited time, it makes me nervous.

I have a nice little zombie hatchling. I might try to make an adult sometime, but probably not this year.

I'd probably have to say Marrows! Shadow Walkers are a close second.

Oh, I just remembered that I still need a frozen Cavern Lurker. xd.png My planned egg space is packed, I might have to re-think some things so I could hunt freely for a bit. (Man, I totally forgot what the hatchlings looked like. I had to check the wiki, it's been so long. I need one on my scroll.)

Any of them! I have missed, like, all of the Halloween eggs. I'm not really very picky about lineages.

I don't have any, but next year, I would likely breed ALL the ones I get!

Can't really do that right now, but next year, I will at least try to have a few for other people.

Not right now, no. I have too many eggs missing to complete my collection and can't really afford to be killing eggs.

I do sometimes hunt for AP vampire eggs, but mostly I want to finish my collection first.

No and no. I don't really want to kill any of my dragons. That text that shows up is just plain cruel.

I... don't really know. But it'd be neat if it's, like, mummy-themed or cat-themed.

I've never seen any of these events, so I don't really know. But if there's treats, I'll try to collect them all!

I'd have to say the shadow walker. Although all of them are pretty cool.

I'm hunting for each years some more than others mostly PB, and some lineaged

like: pumpkin x Original Pygmy. I have quite a few but I want more!

I have quite a few CBs and or PBs of each kind so I will be breeding those for either gifts, trades, or keeps. Marrow x Red http://dragcave.net/lineage/TVjvE (a mate for that offspring might be hard to get sad.gif ) Marrow x Black, Tan ridgewing if I can find the mate.

A combination of all, plus keeping some

No I need my kill slots for more zombies

Yes I need 1 female adult, 1 f hatchie, 1 ungendered hatchie. I have 2 adult male, 1 adult female, 2 male hatchies, 1 female hatchie, and i ungendered hatchie.

I have no clue, but it should be fun.

Trick or treats and maybe something to win once you are complete with the event.

Marrows and pumpkins. Marrow x Red and Pumpkin x Pumpkin or Original Pygmy

Edited by Bloodyrose13

I'll just be on the lookout for clean-linaged marrows with pairings I like, 2nd gen marrows, and PBs of Marrows. I don't care for the other halloween dragons.

I bite eggs all year round so I'll be halting my biting so I can free up some kill slots for more zombie attempts. I haven't been successful most of these years (only getting 1 zombie two years ago). I have mine all lined up and ready to kill and revive.

Oh boy, I DEFINITELY need to get me some more Marrows, and Cavern Lurkers since I missed the release last year. And I'd like at least 2 more Shadow Walkers, one male with a nice line and, if I'm lucky, a female from a male Royal Crimson x Female Shadow walker.

If I can't find the SW I mentioned, I may breed my own :3 Other than that I don't really have much to breed, but if I come up with anything I'll definitely send it to the AP for all to enjoy.

Yes, if I breed something nice that I don't need.

No biting for me, I can't take the risk with all the egg slots I'll need xd.png Same with grabbing, as you can easily get them year-round.

I don't have any yet, but I've got some poor souls lined up for killing if I can ever bring myself to do so.

I'm thinking more of a candy theme, though it can't be too bright or it won't mesh with the current Halloween breeds. As long as it looks good (which I'm sure it will!), I'm up for it.

Anything I have time for xd.png Hopefully I can collect everything this year.

Marrows are my favorite by far, with Shadow Walkers in second. I love all of the ideas people come up with for Marrows, but I'm really fond of Shadow Walker x Royal Crimson.

--What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

*Dunno. I have all the breeds (I think). So I will be breeding them (not sure what with yet).

--What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

* Dunno. Any suggestions?

--Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

*Probably keeping one from each and dumping the rest in the AP, but we'll see.

--Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP?

*Maybe. Probably. I dunno. xd.png (Edit: On second thought...no. I'll need the room)

--Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already?

*I wasn't going to after my success last year, but...I AM missing stage-one hatchie zombies...so I'm going to try for that. As well, I have a random inbred adult I need to...ah..."take care" of...XP

--What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

*Candycorn (maybe called Candy Hoarder?), Werewolf or Spider (I don't much like spiders, but c'mon...it's Halloween biggrin.gif )

--What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

*Collecting all the treats...I hope so. Event-wise...I haven't a clue. xd.png

--Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

*Currently, Lurkers...followed by Marrows and Shadow Walkers. As for parings...i dunno. What looks good? I usually end up pairing them with each other (excluding where it would cause inbreeding), but that's probably not efficient. xd.png

What time can we start breeding again? Or is it not set yet?

Edited by VioletWhirlwind