aangs-sister

Halloween/13 Planning, Speculation, and Discussion

This is gonna be my first holiday (and henceforth Halloween) on DC, and I'm super excited for it. I've looked at the wiki about it and it seems like a whole lot of fun! I'm really anxious to see what the new dragon is gonna be. :3 And also the survey--

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

-->Not looking for any lineage, but looking for all the dragons! I've been on the hunt for as many breeds as I can find as soon as I joined DC, and I'm not gonna stop until I find all of them. c:

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

-->Ah, I'm not sure?? I don't really understand the whole 'lineage' thing and why it's so special, but I'm going to research it more to find out. And as for the breeding, also not sure.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

-->I do have a very close friend on DC who has a rather slow connection, so I'm probably going to send her an egg or two that I pick up this year! Otherwise, I think I'll keep all of mine that I find.

Planning on any vampire biting? Or vampire hunting though the AP?

-->I've been thinking about biting an egg or two, since I do have one Vampire dragon, but I'm not so sure yet.

Are you going to make any zombies? Do you have any already?

-->I've heard that it's really tricky to make them, and I think I'm gonna wait until next year for any attempts are made. But nope, don't have any currently!

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

-->I don't really know what I'm hoping for, but I feel like it's gonna be amazing!

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

-->This will be my first year, but I'm confident I can get a lot of them!

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

-->I feel like it's a tie between the Black Marrow and the Cavern Lurker. I really love the designs, and I hope I can snatch one in the Abandoned Area!

This is going to be my very first DC Holiday and I am soooo excited!

I'd love to try and get at least one of every Halloween breed of the past, but that might be really difficult to do in one event.

I'd also love to see something like a ghost dragon or maybe a Black Lagoon dragon.

I'd love to try and get at least one of every Halloween breed of the past, but that might be really difficult to do in one event.

Actually this shouldn't be too hard--I did it last year. There are 5 Halloween breeds, including Vampires. However, since Vampires are available year-round via the Bite BSA, you aren't tied to catching them at Halloween. That leaves Pumpkins, Black Marrows, Shadow Walkers, and Cavern Lurkers--4 breeds that have to be caught during Halloween week. Even if you don't have a trophy, catching and hatching 4 eggs in a week's time should be well within reach. If you have a trophy and some Reds and Pinks available for BSAs, you could easily catch and hatch a M/F pair of all the old Halloweens, and still unlock your egg slots in time for the new release on the 31st.

Admittedly, Halloweens can be tricky to catch in the AP--since there are no scroll limits on them they go pretty fast. But I caught almost all of mine in the AP last year, and I have 7 of each breed. (I already had my gold trophy at the time, plus I think breeding was extended a couple of extra days last year, which let me catch even more.) And there are some amazing people who will happily gift a lot of their dragons' offspring this season, free of charge.

Long post...but the gist of it is that you should be able to get at least one of all the old Halloween breeds this season. It's pretty easy to do, especially if you're not too picky on lineages and have a trophy and some Reds.

I need to make hatchies of the lurkers and shadow walkers for myself. Other than that get as many of the new eggs that I can. I would love to trade 2nd gen purebreds or purebred/metals for the new hatchies. Unless I think I can trade them I won't make any I don't plan on keeping. Whenever I send anything to the AP it dies sad.gif

I think I can honestly say I've been planning for the Year's Halloween event ever since last year's Cavern Lurkers were still in their eggs. xd.png I've got my master plan down to a science, except figuring out what to do with all seven of my slots three times before the new breed is released. ninja.gif

What Halloween dragons are you hunting for this year, if you are? Looking for any particular lineage?

Specifically hunting 2nd gen Black Marrows this year, but also looking for Cavern Lurkers and maybe Shadow Walkers that I can make pretty checkered lineages out of. Unfortunately, I can't keep any I find that have rares or metallics as parents because I'll never be able to continue the lineage, but anything with commons should work just fine. smile.gif

What are you planning on breeding your Halloween dragons with (If you have any)? What lineages are they?

Mostly I have CB Shadow Walkers and Cavern Lurkers, all with extremely random mates that they are now stuck with for eternity wink.gif I wasn't planning on breeding my Shadow Walkers except on request because they're not my absolute favorites and I simply don't have room to keep them this year sad.gif , but my precious one and only CB Black Marrow will be bred with a CB albino for sure.

Are you planning on gifting, trading, or dumping your bred Halloween eggs in the AP?

Will gift if people ask for eggs, trade if I need to to get the egg of my dreams, but to be honest I don't think I can offer much in the way of good AP fodder. I'm keeping all Cavern Lurker eggs I can, catching as many Black Marrow eggs of appropriate lineage as possible, and collecting whatever Halloween eggs catch my eye, but I probably won't breed just to abandon. (Did it in the past and found offspring with no names, unbred for two years, or simply abandoned to the wilderness. Not thrilled with just dumping them in the AP.)

Eh, no. Vampires just aren't my thing, and this year they'd simply be a used egg slot where I could have a nice, shiny Halloween egg only available for one week or less a year instead. (What's the big thing with vampires on Halloween anyway? They're available all year round, so why not grab one then when it doesn't take up an egg slot during this hectic time?)

I sure hope I'm going to make some zombies xd.png I've been trying honestly for two years with no success so far. I certainly hope for zombies, since they've one of my favorite dragons.

What do you think this year’s dragon’s theme will be? What are you hoping to see in it?

I have no clue. I don't want to get my own hopes up, tossing out my vague ideas and working myself into a frenzy. I just hope they have pretty sprites laugh.gif

What are you hoping for event wise? Think you'll collect all the treats for the trick-or-treat?

Hoping for something like a corn maze of terror, or maybe carve your own jack-o-lantern? I'm not sure if I can collect all the treats, but I'm willing to half kill myself trying xd.png

Which is your favourite Halloween breed? What are you favourite Halloween pairings?

Favorite Halloween breed also currently holds the spot of favorite DC dragon: the Black Marrow. Black Marrow x albino is my favorite pairing, but I don't see as many pairings or lineages as I'd like, so I really can't compare. :/

I really jut need to get a few more BM females, I've only got one, augh.

I think the best place you can prep for the holidays. whether experienced player, new player, or returning player, is to start learning IRC. Its a fancy way of saying "DC Chat" for those who don't really understand how it works off the top.

There is a link to a really good guide, with a great easy link to getting onto the chat on this pinned guide under Site Discussion: IRC Guide & Chat Link

That's not really the promotion of "another topic" as its not a "topic". Its a Pinned Help Guide. And if you want to really be able to handle the perks and help and planning and friendliness of people for the holiday craziness, I would suggest hanging out in the Chat/IRC places beforehand so you can learn where to go, what to do, best etiquette practices so you can get what you want/need without causing people to ignore/remove you from the groups, etc.

Sorry but if I had been on IRC before my first Halloween, I wouldn't have spent all day in the AP trying to catch a single CB SW egg when they were freely available in the biomes. Yes that might be me being dumb and not reading and comprehending, but I'd been in the game for a month or two and was just lost. I'd never do another holiday without it.

To be honest, I don't have any special plan, other than getting the eggs. I'll breed all of mine and hope they go to nice, loving homes.

As for the new egg, we have vampires and ghosts, so I hope this year it will be some werewolf based dragon. tongue.gif

Eh, I don't really have that many plans. Another member and I have planned to exchange my Marrows and Shadows for her Lurkers, and then I'll simply catch a pair of the new Halloweens (then again, I could get two more pairs. Choices, choices...).

I wouldn't mind a werewolf-dragon, but I'd also LOVE a skeletal one (seeing how several Halloween outfits are skeletons). A skeletal werewolf would be even more awesome (think SkullBaluchimon from Digimon. See what I mean?).

Edited by Beldarius

Eh, I don't really have that many plans. Another member and I have planned to exchange my Marrows and Shadows for her Lurkers, and then I'll simply catch a pair of the new Halloweens (then again, I could get two more pairs. Choices, choices...).

I wouldn't mind a werewolf-dragon, but I'd also LOVE a skeletal one (seeing how several Halloween outfits are skeletons). A skeletal werewolf would be even more awesome (think SkullBaluchimon from Digimon. See what I mean?).

That would be really awesome. biggrin.gif

I plan on breeding all my past Halloweens and keeping or catching as many "old" Halloweens as I can. I also plan on trying for an ungendered adult zombie which means killing some cheeses/papers. And of course I'll try to get as many of the new Halloween breed as I can.

I'm looking for at least one of each species, especially Cave Lurkers as I missed last year's event sad.gif

I was planning to breed my dragons on the last day of Halloween, even if I don't keep the eggs someone else will pick them up! smile.gif I'd love to trade or gift eggs, but I don't know of anyone who's interested lol.

Not over Halloween, since I have so many other dragons to catch!

I have 1 adult zombie, but I'd like to get a couple hatchlings, so wish me luck!

Ooh, I don't know, but I'd love to see a spider/cobweb-themed dragon biggrin.gif

I'll definitely try!

I think my favorite are the pumpkin dragons smile.gif but I really like all the designs.

Just the new ones this year, I think! Don't really care about lineages, but I never turn down a Dorkface!

Feel free to use the AoND Lineage Viewer to show us what the offspring will look like!

Honestly I usually just breed them with whoever they bred with last year, or a breed I like on the off-chance they give me non-Halloween eggs.

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

I usually just dump them into the AP, but if I'm clicking around on the forums and see someone who wouldn't mind a messy lineage, I'll gift.

.... I didn't plan on it, no. But I went on an ill-timed breeding spree and I think I might have to bite some just to get them off my scroll (hope they turn/abandon).

I've never tried for zombies before, never even really thought about it, but this year I'm sorta curious to see if I can (especially now that we have a way to get rid of them if it turns out we don't want them!).

I'd like to see something more skeleton-y.

Ohhh I don't know! I know it's been done like twice, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up, but I *really* liked the whole haunted house, going through the story, etc. That was fun. I always get all the treats! .... It includes a whole lot of anti-productivity, but I get them!

I loooove the Shadow Walkers (might keep a few more when I breed them this year), but the Vamps will always be my favorites. One of the few breeds I've done deliberate naming schemes with.

Edited by Marie19R

-I'm always looking for any of the old breeds that I can snatch up that have decent lineages. Particularly Marrows- I just love the way they look.

-My CB Marrows all have CB White mates. My Shadow Walkers are usually PB among themselves, though I may introduce other breeds this year just to put more clutches out for the people hunting. My lone adult Pumpkin was a second gen from an original Pygmy, so I've always bred it as a stair-step with another CB Pygmy.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the Lurkers, though I think they'd look nice with some of the bright wyverns- I may breed a few to GW's and Tsunamis.

-People don't exactly clamor for my eggs, so I usually let them go into the AP for anyone that wants them.

-I'm not a huge fan of the vampire sprites, so I don't plan on hunting or biting. I don't like the risk to my eggs and I'd rather occupy the open egg slots with things that are not available all year.

-I have my fodder ready to go, hoping for more adults this year because my luck was awful last year.

-After all the hype about spiders last year, I'd honestly love to see a spider-themed dragon.

-Oi, the trick or treat OTL

I've finished every year by virtue of the fact that I don't sleep when the clock starts getting low on time to collect. I hope that we have plenty of time this year.

-I love the Marrows, they are one of my favorite dragons and are hands-down my favorite of the Halloween breeds. I like how they look paired with Whites, and as pure-breds.

I'm gonna hunt for all and every^^ I'm not looking for particular lineages except perhaps for my marrow/silver lineage; it would be cool to be able to continue it. Otherwise I'll just keep what I like.

Will be a rather spontaneous decision. I will breed 2 Lurkers to Black Tea and 2 to Bleeding Moon though to start lineages.

(Please do not post trades, gifting links, or requests in this thread. All trading/gifting must be done through the trading section or PM.)

I'

ll try to trade some for bloodswaps and gift/AP others.

no, can do that all year and I need the egg slots^^

I have two zombies (1 adult, 1 frozen S2) and don't plan to make more.

Bat-Dragon would be so cool!

hope so^^ And I enjoyed the little haunted house game very much.

favourite pairing: male Marrowxfemale silver, favourite Breed: Shadow Walker. But it's rather a tie between them and Marrows.

I think the best place you can prep for the holidays. whether experienced player, new player, or returning player, is to start learning IRC. Its a fancy way of saying "DC Chat" for those who don't really understand how it works off the top.

Ooh, thank you for this post smile.gif

Hm - when will the breeding start, what do you think? I' thought it'd be today, but obviously not.

Hm - when will the breeding start, what do you think? I' thought it'd be today, but obviously not.

Same here! So nervous... come on, TJ, we need time to be able to breed and hatch these guys. More than four days. sad.gif

... I was planning to breed my dragons on the last day of Halloween, even if I don't keep the eggs someone else will pick them up! smile.gif I'd love to trade or gift eggs, but I don't know of anyone who's interested lol. ...

Just to mention, on the last day of Halloween, the new sprites will be dropping for that one day only, and people will be loading up on them - but if you breed and catch previous Halloween sprite eggs early when the breeding opens, you can hatch them before the new ones Drop and load up on them yourself.

You can only get CBs of the Halloween dragons on the day of the year they appear...

Edit: missed a letter, drat it, lol.

Edited by Syphoneira

I'll try to breed/catch as many PB Halloweens, to continue with my lineage plans for PB 8th Gens of all dragons (have not done too much yet, but I'll get there some day tongue.gif )

I've been using DC for over 4 years and somehow missed all the halloween events every year. laugh.gif So I'm just going to get 2 of the new one and 4 from the AP so I have at least 1 from every year. I'm pretty excited. biggrin.gif

Last year breeding started on the 25th, which was one day earlier than the

year before. So hoping it stays to 25th at least since it wasn't this day.

Edited by grammydragon

I've been using DC for over 4 years and somehow missed all the halloween events every year. laugh.gif So I'm just going to get 2 of the new one and 4 from the AP so I have at least 1 from every year. I'm pretty excited. biggrin.gif

Don't worry you've got a whole week to get the old dragons back.

I'm still sorting out trades for new CBs xd.png

After you follow the IRC Linky (see previous post) to the DC Chat place, they will direct you to a magical chatroom called #breeding. Here people gather to take breeding requests, give away their babies, look for homes for their babies. Its a great place to gather for those wanting to gift and wanting to love new eggs.

I'm just saying its a TON easier than AP hunting and its better to join sooner rather than later so you get the hang of it...

Even if you don't read the guide on how it goes, click the link and it will take you straight to another link that takes you directly to the right starting point. Much moar easy than AP rushing around and searching for old stuff you want:

IRC Guide & Easy DC Chat Link <==== Made it Easy this time!

I've added your links to the Chat under gifting and trading in the first post. Thank you for pointing that out, I'm sure it will be a great help. smile.gif

I've also added a link to HaloGoddess's Image Gallery for more catcher/grabber badges and links to the year round Hatchling/Rare Egg Departure Announcement Board and the Dragon Cave Community Notice Board.

I would like to put out some reminders since the events/breeding can start anytime now:

Once the events start, you are both allowed and encouraged to post about the event here. However, please avoid spoilers and if you do feel the need to mention them, please use 'ghostwhite' text like this (you highlight to see) to act as spoiler tags.

You are also allowed to chat and discuss about Halloween eggs you catch/see/breed/ect but you are not allowed to post trades or gifts here. Look under the marrow egg in the first post for places you can.

Everybody ready? Let the discussion continue! smile.gif