Sylviinael

The Kingdoms of Izendornia

((OOC: Since Sylviinael replied, I'm guessing I can post now.))

Vorthal

Vorthal removed an arm from her waist and placed his hand on her shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Hey, it's ok, he'll get what's coming to him someday." He said. "I'm sure of it."

Looking off to where she was pointing, he saw the Angel hovering in place.

"Why isn't he coming to greet us? Is something wrong?"

Luna looked back at Vorthal with a small smile, thankful that someone believed that there was a way to stop Gibraltr besides her. Not even Roark believed that anymore. He just knew that in order to survive, he needed to keep them moving.

Then she turned back to the silhouette.

"No, if something was wrong he'd say something... Maybe we should fly around a little longer though, you know, just in case." She said to everyone.

She really did want to make sure that there was nothing wrong, but she also didn't want to leave Vorthal and the gryphoness yet. She didn't know wether or not they would stay with she and Roark after they landed or if they would go their separate ways, and usually it was just she and Roark and, well,... that can get a bit lonely sometimes. So she stalled, enjoying their company for just a bit longer.

Edited by makenziec123

((OOC: Raoul is jealous isn't he?))

Vorthal

"Have you found somewhere we could sleep?" Vorthal called out to Roark.

If the Angel did, he sure hoped there was a pond nearby. It would feel good to just unwind in the water for a time.

Roark grunted, annoyed, but called back anyways; "Yeah. Come on over here everyone."

He waited until he was fairly sure that Chessayia would see the clearing before landing in it.

He hadn't really been able to get a very good look at it before, but now he saw that there was a slow-moving brook just a few feet into the tree line filled with clear, clean water, and there were some beautiful flowers growing just around the edge of the clearing as well.

While he waited he walked into the forest and gathered some dead tree branches from the ground.

He was just pulling his coat back on when he heard Chessayia's wingbeats.

~~~~~~

"I hope Raoul is doing alright. We just kinda left him on his own back there..." Luna thought.

Edited by makenziec123

Chessayia spots the clearing and folds her wing tips before diving slowly towards the ground and doing a running landing. She walks backwards before crouching for them to get off. Her eyes are alight with excitement. "I hope you don't mind me sticking with ya'll Miss Luna."

((Sorry for the short post, Im on my brothers classic screened ipod))

Edited by Sylviinael

Vorthal

Vorthal leaped off of the Gryphoness, and extended a hand out for Luna to help her down.

"Would it be alright if I hung around as well? I rather enjoyed fighting that Demon, and I'd hate to give up the opportunity to do so again." He said.

"I don't mind at all. But I don't believe you've told me your name yet, Miss Gryphon." Luna replied with a smile as she climbed off the beautiful creature's back, taking Vorthal's hand.

"And I'd like it if you stayed too, Vorthal. Thank you." She replied as she landed.

"I wonder where Roark we- oof!" Luna began to ask, but was quickly swept into the shoulder of a tan trench coat.

~~~~~~

Roark glared at Vorthal, hugging Luna tightly to his side.

He peered down at the she-wolf.

"Did he touch you?" Roark demanded, giving the other man the cold shoulder.

~~~~~~

"Aside from so that he didn't fall face-first into the ground? No, he didn't." Luna snapped, pushing against him to get free. "What has gotten into you lately?" She asked, trying to wriggle out of the angel's grasp.

~~~~~~

"I'm your guardian angel, Luna. I'm just making sure that you're safe." He replied, releasing her.

He then went back to the pile of wood he had collected and made a ring of stones around it, so that there would be less chance of a forest fire.

Vorthal

Vorthal looked at Roark with a confused look on his face. Why would he be so upset at him? Even though he did technically touch her, he did not do it without her permission, and he was careful to let his hands wander.

"Are you alright Roark?" Vorthal asked. "Nothing bad happened up there, we just chatted a little."

"Tch... If you say so." Roark replied curtly.

"…Maybe I'm being a little rude… I'll apologize after Luna goes to sleep." He thought.

"Hey, does anybody have a flint rock we can use to start the fire?" Roark asked, trying to put himself in a better mood and seem a bit less hostile.

"Oh, and maybe something we can cook?" Roark asked, feeling his stomach rumble.

~~~~~~

Luna began to head off towards the woods.

"I'll go see what I can find. You be nice to them, Roark!" Luna said as burgundy colored fur began to cover her and she reverted to four legs rather than two.

However she decided to wait to leave and make sure they could actually -make- the fire before she killed something that would just go to waste.

"Maybe I'll find Raoul while I'm hunting too!" She thought, still a bit worried about the other werewolf.

Edited by makenziec123

Chessayia smiles to Luna "I am Chessayia the Shadow Gryphoness." She turns to Roark "Give me something and I can use my talons and a rock to make a spark." She flicks her long tail and stands on her hind legs, towering about 8 ft 3 inches tall. She looks at Vorthal then at Roark then At the She-wolf. Her bright orange eyes glow before switching to red.

"Here." Roark replies, summoning a dagger from the strange little ripple and handing to Chessayia.

~~~~~~

Luna turned, heading in the direction of the brook.

"Everything needs a drink at some point. Maybe I'll be able to find a wild goat or something. There'd be plenty of food for everyone then!" She thought excitedly as she disappeared into the trees.

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

Vorthal waved him off. Why did he have to act like that? Nothing happened. Yea, sure, he wanted to maybe get a little closer personally with her. But if she didn't want to, then he wouldn't push it.

"I'm off." Vorthal said. "I'm going to go and wash a ways down in the river."

Edited by Narath

Roark winced inwardly, knowing he had taken it too far. Still, he wanted to wait and apologize until later in case he did anything else unkind before then.

"Alright, let's get this fire burning. That way when Luna comes back we'll be ready for her." Roark said as he turned to the towering gryphoness.

~~~~~

Luna wandered through the woods, her nose sifting through all the scents that lay piled one on top of the other by the river banks.

"This is gunna give me a headache before long…" She thought.

Finally, she found a scent trail that was fresh enough to actually track- a pair of rabbits.

"Well, they won't be much of a feast but it's better than nothing." She decided, trotting along the trail that the heavy hares had worn through the grass.

Finally, she found their burrow. She saw one of them sitting in the grass above it upwind from her.

Luna had never been much of a huntress before she became a werewolf, so she simply let the wolf side of her take over.

She moved nimbly between the trees, her green eyes glued to their dark-brown target. Once she was upwind from the fat creature, she ever so slowly crept closer... and closer... and silently snapped her jaws on it's neck, giving it as quick and painless a death as she could.

Now, Luna sat and waited, almost like a cat might, for the other rabbit to appear.

Suddenly, she heard someone walking through the woods. Her werewolf vision kicked in and she soon saw that it was Vorthal.

"I wonder what he's up to..?" She thought.

Just then, a small black head with large ears peeped out of the rabbit hole, leaving Luna with few other thoughts other than killing it and then heading back.

Vorthal

Vorthal walked alongside the river, trying to put some distance between him and their camp. He didn't want anyone to see what he was, not yet at least, and it would be rather difficult to keep his features hidden if he bathed nearby. Vorthal soon arrived at the end of the river, where it pooled into a large pond. This seemed like as good a place as any, so Vorthal disrobed and stepped into the water, stretching out his wings as he did so.

'Man, it feels so good to get them out of that pack.' He thought.

Diving into the water, he began to swim, using his wings to propel him, and his tail as a rudder. It was like flying in water, and it felt fantastic.

Chessayia rubs the dagger against her talons and sparks flare. She crouches with her hind legs and lets the sparks go onto the wood pile. She uses her wings to fan it lightly, the fire starting to flare up a tad. She looks over at Roark before handing the dagger back. Her tail flicks and she lays by the fire, yawning slightly as she seems to act like a large barn cat laying in the sun. Her eyes close slightly as she speaks "How long have you known Miss Luna?" She yawns again and looks at him.

Luna changed back into her human form, feeling quite proud of herself as she grabbed the two dead hares and started to walk back towards camp.

She hummed a little tune to herself on the way back.

"I hope they have the fire ready by the time I get back." Luna said to herself.

Just then, a cute little firefly landed on her coat.

"And maybe later when no one's looking I'll go catch some fireflies. They're like little stars on earth." She thought with a smile, but the smile quickly changed to a frown.

She knew someone had said that to her before... maybe someone in her family? Did she even -have- a family?

She wandered on glumly through the forest, trying to cheer herself up by listening to the insects of the night and the gurgling of the river.

~~~~~

"I've known Luna practically since she was born. Our parents used to be friends, so we played together a lot when we were younger." Roark replied, tossing some pine straw on the fire to help it grow.

Edited by makenziec123

Luna yawned, setting the rabbits down and stretching.

She then noticed a stone that jutted out over the river like a bench.

"Well, I don't smell any smoke yet… Maybe I can just take a break for a little while." She thought as she picked up the fat bunnies and lugged them over to the rock with her.

She sighed as she sat down, pulling off her heavy traveling boots and rolling her trousers up, then letting her feet dip into the cool water for a moment.

Her ears perked up, thinking she'd heard something running through the trees, but all she saw was darkness, so she turned back to watching the water flow down stream.

Vorthal

After Vorthal was finished swimming, he went back to the pond's shore, and replaced his clothing. Stretching them one last time, Vorthal fitted his wings and tail back into the special compartments in his rucksack.

'Man, I really hate this.' He thought. 'Why can't anyone just not judge me on how I look for just once?'

Luna watched the ripples pass by her in the water, feeling pleasantly drowsy, but a bit warm.

She shrugged out of her coat, her purple tunic making her hair look even brighter in the moonlight.

She folded the jacket up and placed it behind her on the rock, then lay back so she could use it as a cushion while she watched the stars.

Not wanting to lose the rabbits to any nearby predators in case she fell asleep, she walked over to a tall, springy sapling and hung the two rabbits within its branches.

"There. Now no creatures will be able to steal our dinner." Luna thought as she went and laid back down on the smooth rock face, almost immediately begging to doze off.

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

As Vorthal made his way back upriver towards the camp, he caught sight of Luna, her red hair slpayed out across a rock, glinting in the moonlight. His breath was nearly taken away by the sight of the beauty. Not knowing what to do, he stood there for a moment. Should he just walk on by? No, she'd hear him, and then she might think him rude for ignoring her. Should he go up to her and greet her? Should he call out to her? In the end, he chose to walk over to her. Sitting down next to Luna, he looked up at the moon.

"Do you often jump on strangers in the streets?" He finally asked.

'Genius Vorthal, just genius.' He thought, kicking himself mentally. 'Really great way to start a conversation with a beautiful woman.'

Luna looked up at Vorthal, first blushing slightly, then replying;

"You know, I can quite honestly say that you are the first person I've done that to." She smiled and laughed a bit.

"What about you? Do you often find yourself being attacked by demons and women?" She asked, sitting up.

"Well that sounded better in my head!" She thought.

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

Vorthal looked at Luna, and for a second, his eyes were yet again filled with sadness. The truth was, he was often attacked by them. He was a hunted man. The only reaon he was alive was because of his parent's training. That, and no one thought that he would be able to use both light and dark magic. The only reason he could was because both his parents were from 'opposing' sides. Turning his head back away from Luna, Vorthal managed a small chuckle.

"No, not really." He lied. "I've taken on Demons before, but this, Gibraltr... he's more powerful than most of the demons I've fought."

Luna placed her hand gently on Vorthal's shoulder. She couldn't really explain it but she could almost sort of... -feel- the sadness coming off of him.

Not really knowing what else to say, because Gibraltr really was a unique sort of demon, she just peered over at him, giving him a reassuring smile.

"You were able to banish him. I don't know for how long he'll be gone, but I'm glad that for once I don't have to keep looking over my shoulder. I know it's not really much but... you have my thanks for that." She finished, squeezing his shoulder softly.

Vorthal

Vorthal placed his hand on Luna's and turned to look at her.

"Hey, it was my pleasure." Vorthal said, putting on a smile. "Always hated demons."

Her hand was actually helping him a lot. It was a long time since he had this sort of contact with anyone. Too long. Vorthal felt that it was about time that he made some new friends.

"Anyways, we'll need a more permanent solution to get rid of him. Maybe we could talk about it over dinner with each other sometime?"

'Wow. You are really laying it on thick aren't you?' Vorthal thought to himself. 'There's being romantic, and then there's cheesy. You've just gone over the line past cheesy.'

Luna just grinned, thinking that it was sweet. She couldn't remember ever being asked out.

"Sure. Sounds like fun. But first I think we should focus on dinner for tonight and take those back." Luna giggled, using her other hand to gesture towards the two hares that were still suspended the poor little sapling.

"Or... maybe we could stay out a little longer together? Y-you know, to see if we can find anything else to take back." She added.