Sylviinael

The Kingdoms of Izendornia

((OOC: I know the feeling))

Vorthal

"It's fine, you needn't waste your energy on me." Vorthal said, reaching over his shoulder, removing his shield from his pack. "My sword is already enchanted, as you might be able to tell from this ward. I would don the rest of my armor, but I doubt we have the time."

That, and if he put on his armor, they would all see his wings and tail. Fitting the shield onto his arm, he walked over to his sword, and prepared to yank it out once the spell ended.

"Is he still at the door?" He asked Chessayia, his eyes not leaving the opening.

"Oh Yes." Chessayia Replies. "I don't need anything thank you though." She concentrates and she erupts into a writhing mass of shadows. Her Mate finally awakens fully and he gets up. "I have shome Ice.." He's still hammered but still able to conjure armor made of ice. She looks to Vorthal with glowing red eyes and nods, "I'll contact him before you open the door." She reaches out to the Demon. "Hello again Demon Sir. The door is unlocked, you MAY come in." She blocks all contact from then and waits for the demon to enter.

Roark just nodded, waving his hand once again to bring the ripple back. He plunged his hands into it, and pulled out a sword, shield, and a steel breastplate.

He once he had fitted his shield and the piece of armor onto himself, he took the sword and swung it through the little portal- making it dissipate.

Not really knowing how to start the topic of conversation, he just started blurting things out that he thought they all should know:

"Gibraltr is a very... peculiar demon. Along with the usual demonic possession, he can have a strong influence over your mind as well. Normally he only uses his "talent" on those that he can't possess, but for some reason it doesn't work on Dark creatures, and the only exception to his love of possessing humanoid forms falls to myself and my partner Luna for some reason. Be careful."

He finished his warning, already taking on a battle stance.

"Luuuunnaaaa~" The gruff minotaur's voice chimed through the door like sandpaper after he just barely managed to dodge a hoof slamming through the door.

Then, almost as soon as the voice faded, the door was torn off it's hinges and slammed into the far wall.

Gibraltr entered, all black smoke and horns and glowing crimson eyes. He towered over all of them, the floor shaking with his movements.

"Luna? Where are you my darling~?" The beast asked, as if he were a loyal husband that had just returned home from work.

Roark knew he had to work fast: before Gibraltr saw that Luna wasn't there.

He leapt up, using his wings to jump even higher, and slashed his Claymore-style sword across the demon's glowing red eyes; effectively blinding him.

The demon roared and stumbled back a few steps, shaking his bull-like head and trying to wipe the blood from his eyes.

Once he had cleared them enough to see at least where he was going, her roared and charged at the next closest living things in the room; another minotaur.

Edited by makenziec123

Chessayia laughs in her shadow form, this time it morphs into a copy of his war form, but only feminine. She still has wings, but they are different, larger, and more demonic. She bellows at him and clears her voice "Oh Luna Can't come to the door right now, Please leave a message at the ramming of my hoof at your crotch." Her hoof passes through the air and into the stomach of the Demon. Her Mate Leaps into action, icy spears shooting from all directions in-front of him. His eyes become ice spheres, he leaps to the side and attacks the back of the Minotaur, surprised at how swift he was moving, even if wasted.

Edited by Sylviinael

Luna followed along behind the black wolf, once again wearing a collar and leash. She briefly switched back into a human to put the leash in her coat pocket, but then she quickly caught up with Camomile once again.

"Roark better not have spent all our money on apples and mead again..." She thought, not yet sensing that anything was wrong with her friend.

((OOC: Who's the other minotaur?))

Vorthal

As the Demon charged, Vorthal charged to meet him, but slid underneath his legs with his shield held up to block any attack. When he passed underneath the beast, he sliced out at it's leg with his sword.

((OOC: Chessayia changed into a female-minotaur form, didn't she?))

Gibraltr felt a stinging pain in his leg and roared in pain, stomping his feet to try and crush anyone near them.

He heard the *ting!* of a sword hitting his hoof.

"Aha! There you are!" The demon cried, smashing his hoof down in the general area of where he had heard the sound, hoping to hear a satisfying crunch.

Roark hovered in the air, glad that the roof had a somewhat-high roof. He darted around to Gibraltr's back, making three quick slashes across his shoulder blades and the thick bull's neck.

Gibraltr roared again, swiping his hand back at Roark as if he were a fly.

Roark managed to block the blow with his shield, but still got knocked back and nearly smashed into the wall.

Edited by makenziec123

((Aye))

Chessayia bellows and leaps forward, her horns aimed straight for the Demons stomach. She spreads her torn bat wings and growls. "No one messes with this town" She wrinkles her nose when she thinks she feels the satisfying feeling of someone being impaled by her horns. She spots Vorthal on the ground and she reaches out to save him.

((OOC: Ah, thanks.))

Vorthal

Vorthal's eyes went wide as the hoof descended towards him. Lifting his shield, he created a magical barrier around it to keep it from getting crushed. It worked, but as soon as the hoof hit, the barrier shattered, and the force sent him through the wooden floor. People shouted and screamed, as Vorthal landed atop a table, scattering drinks and food onto the patrons enjoying them. As he got back to his feet, the bartender grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt.

"What in the blazes are you doing up there boy?" He demanded.

"Terribly sorry." Vorthal said. "If you don't mind though, could you let me go? I have some unfinished business to attend to."

As he speaks, a tremendous roar echoes through the place sending people scattering for the door. The innkeeper looses his grip on him during the chaos, and so Vorthal makes his way back up the stairs.

Edited by Narath

"G-Gah..." Gibraltr muttered. His war form began to break apart.

Red-black smoked weeped from his wounds rather than blood.

"No... Luna..." He grabbed the minotaur that had dug her horns into his stomach and flung her with as much strength as he could at the far wall, hearing the wood splinter and snap as she went through it.

Roark growled, making another ripple in the air again as he put his shield back in exchange for another claymore sword.

He flew back as far as he could and put his feet flat against the wall, then kicking off with incredible strength and speed, both weapons in front of him in an "X" shape as he slashed the demon's chest, only to be smacked back to the ground after said strike.

Roark could feel something click out of place; probably his shoulder since that was what he landed on.

A huge hoof was headed straight for his face, and the angel just barely managed to roll out of the way in time.

"We need a plan guys!" The angel hollered above the thundering roars of the demon.

He cast a light healing charm on his shoulder and pulled his shield back from the ripple again, having lost his sword in the fight.

insert text here

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

Vorthal barely heard Roark's shout as he re-entered the room. What could they do to defeat it? Vorthal knew a couple ways to defeat, or at least get rid of, a demon, but they all took time. Looking around for options, he saw that the symbol he drew on the ground earlier was still there.

"I think I have an idea, just give me some time!" Vorthal shouted back.

Running over to the corner of the room it was in, he placed the sword back in it's center, and began chanting. His eyes once again turned a bright glowing green as he released magic into his spell. The burns caused by the holy fire began to emit light, and then even more lines of light spread across the floor. Hopefully, the others could keep the demon occupied.

"I'm on it!" Roark shouted back, taking up an offensive position between Vorthal and the demon.

He launched himself all over the room, going faster and faster with each pass. He bounced around the room like a jack rabbit, slashing at Gibrlatr with every opening the demon gave him.

He stopped himself for a brief moment. "I'm not sure how long I can keep this up Vorthal!" He yelled over his shoulder before flying back at the bewildered demon once again, making the room fill with the red-black smoke that was still pouring from the demon's injuries.

"I hope Chessayia is okay…" He thought in passing, losing his concentration for a moment and almost having a fist slammed into him again.

Chessayia's mind goes dark as the wood impales her through the abdomen. SHe lands onto the alley way cobble stone outside, going in and out of the dark. Because the wood is in her she can't heal. Everything goes black in her world as her mate fights for her.

Daimeoc growls and lunges at the demon, ice surrounding the snow gryphon as he lunges. His teeth bury in the back of the neck of the demon. He hangs on and digs his talons and claws into the back of the demon.

Vorthal

Vorthal continued his chanting, speaking as fast as he could without tripping over the words. The newly forming lines were beginning to come to a close, the new symbol nearly complete. He just needed a little more time...

Gibraltr advanced, trying his best to attack the one that was chanting, thinking that it was Roark trying to put another protection charm up.

He roared and yanked the gryphon that had attached itself to his neck off, tossing it to the side.

Roark saw the huge demon growing closer to his ally and did the first thing he could think of.

"Gibraltr! Gibrlatr!" Roark cried, mimicking Luna's voice perfectly.

The demon stopped and turned towards Roark.

"Luna?" He asked, seeming puzzled.

Roark jumped to the other side of the room.

"I'm over here Gibraltr! Come to me! But mind your step- you wouldn't want to crush me." Roark cooed, luring the demon slowly away from Vorthal.

"I doubt this'll work for long... but it's the best trick I have right now." He muttered to himself.

Vorthal

As the tips of the glowing lines connected, Vorthal ripped the sword from the circle.

"It's ready!" He shouted.

Now all they needed to do was get the damn thing into the center of the symbol. It would be trapped there long enough for him and the Angel to use it to banish the Demon. To get the Demon's attention, he drew a ball of dark energy and whipped it at it's back.

Daimeoc lands heavily but on his feet. He growls and leaps at the Demon again, her claws becoming razor sharp. He leaps and shreds the demons back before making a collar of ice around the demons neck, chanting his own little spell to keep the ice from melting. He nips and shreds the ankles of the demon.

Chessayia groans and her form returns to her gryphon form but she is still impaled. "Hurry.." She whispers to nobody, her blue blood pooling underneath her in a big puddle.

Roark quickly dodged out of the way when his companions began attacking Gibraltr once again, stabbing the demon with his sword in his side between his ribs.

The room was now stuffed almost completely full with the red-black smoke, making it hard for Roark to breath because he was in such close quarters.

Jumping back to regain his breath, he saw Chessayia outside on the street, blue blood pooling around her.

He glanced back at the raging demon, then at the wounded Gryphoness.

He hastily jumped through the hole in the wall, running to the her side.

"Hang in there Chessayia." Roark urged her, pulling her head into his lap as he kneeled next to her.

He gave her his shield.

"This is going to hurt. A lot. You can tear that shield to pieces if that helps at all." He told her, not sure if she could hear him or not as he grasped the hefty piece of wood and yanked out out, quickly covering each side with either of his hands and muttering a strong healing spell with the last bit of magic left in him.

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

"Roark?" Vorthal called out. "Roark, where are you?"

Crap. He needed more than one banisher, and the symbols would not hold the Demon long before it collapsed. Summoning another ball of dark energy, he threw it at the demon's head.

"Come and get me, you big brute!" He called out.

She didn't hear him. She was already trying to rise up from the brink. She's already

lost a lot of blood, even for a shadow creature. She blinks her eyes and looks at the

person healing her, 'THE ANGEL!...' she whispers to herself mentally before

passing out again.

Daimeoc clears his voice and starts to mimic the same feminine voice the angel had

been. "Oh I'm over here! I need you to hold me, I'm so scared." He hopes that

distracts the demon to get it into the symbol on the floor.

Roark heard Vorthal calling for him, but he wasn't finished healing Chessayia yet.

He waited until the skin at least healed over, then she wouldn't bleed to death at least.

He took off his coat and folded it under the gryphon's head like a pillow, then quickly bolts back through the wall.

He heard Luna's voice, realizing it was coming from the other gryphon.

He motioned for the gryphon to stand behind the runic circle, flying in close to slash at the demon once again.

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!" Roark yelled as he attacked, not -quite- able to dodge the straight forward punch that the demon threw at him.

Roark fell to the ground, having taken the blow with his wing. He held his sword with one arm, cradling his injured wing with the other and slowly backed up towards the circle.

"That ought'a be enough to get him over here." The angel smirked as Gibraltr let out one last roar, charging head-first into the middle of the circle.

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

As the Demon entered the circle, the lines created walls of light around the beast, trapping him inside.

"You know anything about banishing a Demon like this?" Vorthal asked Roark, placing his hands on one of the walls of light.

"Just enough to send him back to the little Dark village where he's from, nothing permanent." The angel replied, dropping his sword and putting both of his hands on the light as well. "Then again, that's all we really need for right now, isn't it?" He smirked, watching Gibraltr turn back into smoke, then revert to his human form.

The demon started pounding on the wall near Vorthal, then changed into a gryphon and started clawing at the top, then became a centaur and started kicking at the barrier, aiming for Roark's stomach.

"You should go to the other gryphon." Roark said, not taking his eyes away from the foul beast. He was thankful for the gryphons' help, but still worried about the female one. He hadn't completed the charm, and he wouldn't be able to after he was done here. He didn't have nearly enough energy left to complete this spell, but he was going to do it or die trying either way.

He started chanting in a low voice, hoping that Vorthal would be able to pick up the words.

Vorthal

"That's all we need." Vorthal replied.

As soon as Roark's hands touched the light, Vorthal began to chant, unphased by the Demon's attempts at freedom. Hopefully, the magic would hold until they completed the spell. Already, the light was beginning to fade.