Sylviinael

The Kingdoms of Izendornia

Roark frowned, his brow furrowing in concentration. The light was beginning to fade from the circle.

"Com on… WORK! He thought, sending a pulse of light through the circle so that it would last just a bit longer.

As they chanted, Gibraltr slowly started to fade away, going back to his own village.

((OOC: Sorry guys I have to go to bed I've got a big history test tomorrow. I'll be back on around 6:30 tomorrow morning.))

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

As the spell came to a close, Vorthal stopped his chanting. Suddenly, the walls began to brighten, the symbol shining more intensely, and then, it was all gone, in a brilliant flash of light, the Demon, everything. Vorthal rested his hands on his knees in exhaustion.

"So..." He began. "You two hang out often?"

((OOC: By the way, Inmento, our characters will be heading down soon so we can find your character then.))

Edited by Narath

Roark just blinked for a moment, looking at Vorthal.

Then it progressed to a chuckle, and then a full-out laugh.

"Hahahah! Now that you mention it, it kinda seems that way. He's hunting my partner Luna and I because he's infatuated with her and wants to kill me for "kidnapping" her." The angel explained, a goofy grin on his face as he leaned back against the wall.

He winced and gently grabbed his wing, trying to inspect the damage.

It wasn't too bad, once he had enough magical energy stored up he could fix it with just a small healing spell.

He gazed back at the human. "So, now that you know that, what would you like to do?" He asked.

"I still need to find Luna… and it wouldn't be a bad thing to have such a strong ally to travel with us…" He thought to himself, releasing his wing.

Vorthal

"Well, I kind of have a grudge against Demons, so if you want I could try hunt him down." Vorthal said.

He righted himself and walked over to the splintered door.

"By the way, we should probably leave soon. That bartender didn't seem to happy about us trashing the place, and he no doubt went to get some guards."

Luna caught up with Camomile and peered down at the edge of the bright city, trying to decide if she should stay a wolf or change back to human again.

"Well, I don't want to get kicked again..." She thought to herself, once more changing into her human form.

She looked up at the moon, the light making her hair look like it was on fire.

"You know, I've always loved the moon. Even before I was Turned. I don't really know why, it just seems... calmer than the sun.

She looked back down towards the city.

"Uh. Sorry. That was kinda random. Let's get going!" She said, heading for the lights of the town.

"Alright, well then I guess this makes us partners now, huh? He smiled at him before he heard some heavy footsteps outside.

"We should go. I'd rather not be here to try and explain -this-." Roark replied, standing and walking over to the gaping hole in the wall. The female gryphon looked a little better, so he gently slid his coat out from under her head and put it back on, folding his wings carefully.

"Did you have any particular place in mind we could go, or do you wanna head for the forest?" Roark asked.

Edited by makenziec123

Chessayia groans in pain and spreads her wings. She flaps them hard and weakly gets up. "Ow ow ow ow ow." She winces, her body looking frail. "A piece of wood through the abdomen! Why that? I would've liked it through the leg or something." She looks at the Angel and the Beast man. Before shaking her head and following them. "I'm following you, I'm not supposed to be in the city anyways, after all I am a shadow beast and they don't like shadow beasts." She limps slightly as she follows them. Daimeoc had decided to go into another room, to sleep off his hangover.

Vorthal

Vorthal replaced his items into his pack and made his way downstairs, where he dad greeted be a mess of upturned furniture and scattered food.

"I know the forests and mountains well. We can go through there." Vorthal answered as he left the building, taking care not to step in any of the food. "You have anything we need to do before we all leave?

((OOC: doing service days for school so won't post as often as I normally would. Inmento might be occupied similarly

Please put OOC posts in parentheses

I would recap, but it's a pain to do on an iOS device.))

Edited by Narath

"I need to find Luna." Roark replied instantly, sending back the weapons he had summoned into the portal with the few drops of energy he had regained so far.

"Oh, and this." He added, placing the palm of his right hand on the gryphon's back. He muttered a few short words and finished patching her up enough that she shouldn't be able to feel any pain.

"Last time I saw her she was disappearing through the crowd in the market place. She could be any where by now." He said sullenly.

"I can always smell this Luna out. Do you have anything that smells like her?" Chessayia asks, "I could always show ya'll around also. I was actually born in the sewers about a mile that way." she points with a wing. She flicks her tail and tilts her head. She looks at the two men. "I need to leave before my mate wakes, he knows I do this whenever I'm in need out of the city because of my nature."

((Well, We are introducing our characters, and There was a little Quarell in the Light City. But now Mine, Narath's, and makenziec123's characters are traveling out of the city.))

Edited by Sylviinael

Vorthal

"So let me get this straight," Vorthal began. "You are a guardian angel, and I'm guessing that this Luna is who you guard, and you lost her? Not much of a guardian are you?"

"You know, just because I lost her doesn't make me a bad guardian. We're really only supposed to show up when our charge needs us, but Luna is my best friend and with Gibraltr stalking her the way he does... I don't know if I'd be able to get there in time if she called for me." Roark retorted, crossing his arms over his chest before turning back to Chessayia.

"And as for your question, the only thing I can think of that might smell like her is her trench coat or her bag, but both of those are back at the other inn. It'd probably faster just to look around the edge of the woods. That's generally where she runs when she gets surprised during one of her Shifts." Roark replied. Then he had a lightbulb moment.

"Does it help at all that she's a werewolf wearing a leather collar ad leash?" He asked her, looking a bit hopeful.

Vorthal

Vorthal put up his hand in a gesture of self-defense.

"Hey, I was simply jesting." He explained. "Do you not have any way of tracking her?"

One would think that an Angel would have an enchantment or something to track the one they were protecting.

((OOC: sorry for the short post, I'm on my iPod))

"I know... sorry. I'm just a little on edge is all. I have an enchanted necklace on her, but it only works when she's in human form and she also has to sort of... I guess "call" me. I know, not a great system, but it was the best charm I was able to get." Roark said.

Luna wandered to the edge of the town, slightly worried about Roark.

"I'm not too far from where I lost him now... Maybe I should use my charm?" She wondered aloud, not really talking to anyone in particular.

She picked the tiny shield up and pulled it off over her head, then she held it between her hands- like one might hold a firefly- and gently exhaled over the little piece of gold.

Removing her hands, she let the little piece of jewelry go and watched as it hovered, giving off a greenish glow.

"Find Roark." She ordered the little piece of metal.

It instantly began to glow brighter, making a slight humming sound as it worked its magic.

She looked back to see Camomile, but he blended into the dark forest so well she couldn't tell where he was.

"Raoul?" She asked, looking for him in the darkness.

As soon as Roark felt Luna's call, he took off running down the cobbled street.

"This way!" He yelled over his shoulder, already disappearing around a bend.

Luna smiled, taking her first few steps into the city, the necklace illuminating the darker parts of the street. She wandered down alleyways and between narrow walkways: looking for things that were familiar.

Finally, they found a little market place. It wasn't the same one as before, but it was still a market place all the same. She absent-mindedly put her hand over her ribs where she had been kicked.

Her blue eyes scanned the crowd, looking to see if maybe her angelic friend was there, but try as she might not even her wolf eyes could pick him out of the crowd, and so she decided to sit and weigh her options.

"Hmm... should I wait for him to find me, or should I go looking for him?" She thought.

After thinking for a moment, she decided that it would be better if she moved on. She might find him faster if she were looking for him too.

Vorthal

"You know, one of my specialties is enchanting." Vorthal said. "If you want I can..."

He was interrupted as Roark suddenly bolted through the streets.

"Come on," He said to the Gryphons. "We'd better follow him."

Vorthal ran through the streets, following the Angel as fast as he could towards the edge of the city. His backpack, full of armor, kept jostling around, making his already cramped wings and tail hurt even more.

'I swear, if I don't get a moment to stretch out soon, I'm going to break something.' The half dragon thought.

((OOC: Ok, back from service days, but I have to leave for work soon. sad.gif ))

She follows them, by air of course. Her shadow self writhing as it tries to break free.

She follows easily, but her wings are still weak. She smells the distinct of

werewolves...'Werewolves I thought he said wolf...' She mentally shakes her head

and continues to follow.

Luna smiled inwardly at Camomile's antics, nearly tripping over him as they walked past a tavern.

Then suddenly, the midnight-colored wolf stopped and stood in front of her

"Hmm? What's wrong?" Luna asked.

"Is something coming?" She wondered, her fangs beginning to show and her eyes turning as green as the little shield that was floating around them.

Roark tore through the streets for what seemed like forever, panting heavily from the exertion.

The call kept moving, making it harder to track the werewolf. He knew she was close, he just couldn't seem to pinpoint where though.

"Luna!" He called.

Luna heard someone calling her name and instantly stopped changing, her green eyes once more going blue.

"Roark! There you are!" She yelled back, walking around side of the other werewolf to meet him at the corner.

Relieved, Roark slowed down and came around the corner of the street. Luna stood there, smiling like nothing was wrong.

He pulled the redhead in for a hug, whispering; "Please stop scarring me like that Luna." as he shook his head.

"I'm fine Roark. You don't need to worry about me so much." She replied, trying to squirm out of the hug once she felt that it was taking a bit longer than necessary.

Finally breaking free, Luna smiled at Roark before she noticed the person standing behind him and the gryphon flying above.

She deftly pushed the angel out of the way and changed into her wolf-form mid leap, tackling the stranger to the ground and snarling at him, her green eyes glowing like emerald stars, made even brighter by her contrasting burnt-umber coat.

Pinning the man, she waited to see what he would do.

Edited by makenziec123

Chessayia Lands and hisses at the Wolf. "Calm down! We Help Roark banish Gibraltr" She flicks her tail as her shadow self writhes before flaring up into a human like shape, only she still is a gryphon. She steps backwards before spreading her wings wide and cawing like a raven.

Luna continued growling at the man under her paws, but kept her eyes fixed on the other creature... a gryphon, by the smell of it.

She wasn't sure if she could believe what it had said or if it was just trying to back up its partner.

She glanced back at Roark, who seemed too stunned at the moment to say anything.

Not knowing what else to do, Luna just stayed on top of him and stopped growling.

She peered down at him; her wolf eyes giving her a much better look now than before.

"He's really, really good-looking..." She realized, blinking slowly at him, her head cocked to the side in curiosity.

He had long, jet-black hair and thin, sharp features. She could tell that he had a strong build from the way her paw pads felt against his shoulders.

Suddenly feeling a bit awkward for staring, she quickly got off and went back to standing by her guardian angel.

She was glad she had such thick red fur, because she was sure that if she'd been in her human form she would've been blushing like a tomato.

She curled up near Roark's feet and took to staring at the ground, utterly embarrassed.

Roark was still standing there speechlessly, looking confused with his mouth hanging wide open as he watched his friend come back and lay down at his feet.

He had never watched her transform before.

She just stands there, smirking slightly because in her lifetime shes seen many creatures shift before. She flicks her tail slightly before turning her head half way around to look at the streets behind her, people are staring. "Great she mutters." Turning back to look at them she speaks up "We'd better return to the forest or at least get moving. People are staring and I have a feeling someones gunna say something to her Majesty." Her feathers raise then lower slightly as she starts to feel edgy.

Vorthal

Vorthal yelped in surprise as the young woman that greeted Roark so enthusiastically jumped at him as a wolf. All he could do was gasp for breath as she knocked the wind out of him as he fell, only regaining it once she got off of him.

"I-it's a p-pleasure to me-meet you too m-miss." He managed to say between ragged breaths.

Vorthal groaned in pain as he got up. He really had to stop falling on his back today, or his wings would probably start getting problems.

"If you were worried about me trailing behind Roark, you needn't worry." Vorthal explained. "I mean, I did after all, trap and banish a little Demon for him."

Luna's head shot up, staring in shock at the man.

She shifted back into her human form, still looking shocked.

"You banished Gibraltr?!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, and um, sorry for tackling you." She apologized with slight blush, walking over and offering him a hand up.

Roark shook his head, finally recovering from his shock.

"You're right, we need to get going." Roark agreed with Chessayia.

"We can have introductions once we're safely in the woods, agreed?" He asked, his eyes passing from person to gryphon to werewolf and finally stopping on Luna, who just nodded in response.

"Would anyone like a ride?" She crouches on all fours, offering a ride to someone just in case they need to fly. Her body becomes solid again and she digs her talons into the cracks of the cobble stone. Her wings spread and fold downwards as she offers her back.

"Sure, I'll fly as long as Roark is-"

She noticed a slight smell of blood coming from her friend.

"Roark, what did you do to yourself this time?" Luna demanded, tugging his coat off of him since she could smell the blood coming from his wing.

It was slightly bent, curving in more than usual. He had broken at least two of the fragile bones in his wing.

Luna groaned in annoyance, quickly pulling a small red vial from her coat pocket and handing it to the angel, who grimaced in response.

Luna's eyes started to turn green, daring the angel to complain. Needless to say Roark hastily popped the cork off the top and drank the red liquid like a shot of alcohol.

He scowled at the taste, but his wing was already starting to mend itself.

Sighing, Luna playfully punched his shoulder, like a little sister would.

"You know, you should be glad that my parents taught me how to make these healing potions before I got Turned. You should be grateful!" The werewolf joked over her shoulder, walking over to the gryphoness.

"How many people can you take? If you can only take one I'll be more than happy to just walk." She said.