Fuzzbucket

Making the same offer on more than one trade

I fully support this! I could have used a multi trade a few days ago when I missed my chance to offer for a Frilled dragon of all things, I was so going to offer my Thunder egg, but it was already posted for another trade. The trade was excepted and I got the egg I wanted, but In truth, I wanted the Frilled more. Those don't come along every day.

Frill ? They were discontinued ages ago; you can't have seen one on offer.... Not only do they not come along every day - they only EVER come along as prizes now,and ONLY if Lyth allows it.

Frill ? They were discontinued ages ago; you can't have seen one on offer.... Not only do they not come along every day - they only EVER come along as prizes now,and ONLY if Lyth allows it.

I wonder if they mistook a Fleshcrowne for a Frill? I think I've seen them called Frillcrownes in a few places. I don't know of any eggs that could be mistaken for a Frill egg, though...

In any case, I'm 500% for this. There have been times where I've really wanted to offer the same egg on a few different trades, but wound up missing on all of them because the other was taken before my offer was rejected, as well as times where I missed nice offers because the other person pulled their offer before i could decide.

A limit of 3 trades at once would be reasonable, I think, and I can't think of too many situations where you'd have more than three trades you'd want to offer on anyway. A mark of some sort to note that it's being offered elsewhere would also make it fair to the person making the trade.

Totally support. I would be quite ok with a 2-3 limit. Most people seem to be leaning towards three, so I fully support. I would only add that maybe it should be highlighted in a different color or a marker so traders know that this offer may be accepted by someone else so if they are seriously considering it, they should make their considerations a bit faster.

I hate having my trades tied up, or tying people up. I've said to people, "I will accept your offer as long as I don't get anything better in the morning" to only get a much better offer the next morning. I would like to have had the person able to make the offer to other people as well. Or known the offer was going to others so I could decline and/or accept it quicker so I don't need to keep them tied up for something I really don't feel strongly enough to say YES I ACCEPT the moment I see it.

I supported the suggestion back then (even if it was not exactly the same), and I still support it now.

This idea is fabulous. I tend not to offer on trades that already hint on the user potentially waiting days to decide.

I'm guilty of "hoarding offers" every so often, only because at those times, I have very limited net use and couldn't check my offers (usually involving work). I try to warn ahead of time If I think that will be the case.

I voted yes with a limit. But now that I think about it...I'm not sure if a limit is necessary as I really can't picture users offering on multiple things. I would hope people think over things.

Will the person taking offers feel rushed if this idea were to happen? Probably. Lol I'm ok with it. I like fast trades anyways.

I support this. I would like to be able to offer the same egg on up to three trades, including those that I've set up a teleport with (to borrow from the other thread).

I tend to leave offers up for a few hours to a day, tops. I only do 1 daily repost before accepting an offer, unless I'm getting no offers I want to accept. I do use the decline button, so I don't leave some people hanging.

I have a busy RL, so I can't be on DC a lot. I also want to give people across many time zones a chance to make an offer. Too many times I see an offer a page or two back that I'd like, only to find it's already gone.

I voted yes with a limit. But now that I think about it...I'm not sure if a limit is necessary as I really can't picture users offering on multiple things. I would hope people think over things.

I agree with this. While I'm totally fine with a limit, as even a limit of three is still better than the limit of one that we currently have, I don't really see the point of limiting, unless we're concerned that someone would spam-offer their messy inbred skywing on every trade in the forum. Even then, how hard is it to just hit 'decline'? If someone's in a hurry to get rid of a decent egg, it would be helpful to be able to offer it on as many trades as might be interested.

I agree with this. While I'm totally fine with a limit, as even a limit of three is still better than the limit of one that we currently have, I don't really see the point of limiting, unless we're concerned that someone would spam-offer their messy inbred skywing on every trade in the forum. Even then, how hard is it to just hit 'decline'? If someone's in a hurry to get rid of a decent egg, it would be helpful to be able to offer it on as many trades as might be interested.

Must say that LibbyLishly speaks for me, too.

I appreciate when people posting a trade do indicate they are in a certain

time zone and may be sleeping or working or some reason unable to

respond for a particular time period.

I don't understand people who keep offers hanging for days while re-posting trade

and can't even acknowledge your offer with a note saying they are

considering your offer if they don't get "--" that they hope for. If I haven't

used the message tracker, then I wonder if they actually got my offer.

I support this idea with the 3x limit being a good idea.

I support this idea. Although I don't do a lot of trading I have run into this situation several times when I did have something I wanted to trade.

In a related vein, I wish I could offer an egg on a trade even if I have it up for offer on a trade of my own. I am reluctant to break the teleport link of a trade that I have posted just to offer it on trade to someone who may reject it Then I just have to go back and make another teleport for my egg and start over. Sometimes it is possible to send a PM with an offer instead, but not if you don't know the forum name or if they specifically say no PMs.

Edited by purplehaze

The reason I support a limit is because it forces people to make choices. If we allowed someone unlimited access, you would have trolls and faux newbs offering their 10th Gen messy tinsel inbred mint to everyone possible, also following up with a woe isme post to please accept as they want it but have nothing better to offer.

Even if it was "limited" by number of teleporting Magi, its pretty easy to build an army these days.

I want a firm number limit because people will abuse anything they can that's not against the rules ... technically ...

If someone is going to make an offer on my trade, I want them to have at least taken a moment to decide rather than spam and wait for the first "sucker to fall for my woetide begging. "

In a related vein, I wish I could offer an egg on a trade even if I have it up for offer on a trade of my own. I am reluctant to break the teleport link of a trade that I have posted just to offer it on trade to someone who may reject it Then I just have to go back and make another teleport for my egg and start over. Sometimes it is possible to send a PM with an offer instead, but not if you don't know the forum name or if they specifically say no PMs.

I agree with this. This is why I sometimes post eggs and ask to be contacted via PM because this way, I can also offer the eggs I have to other trades. However, the downside of doing this is I also get PMs from people asking me to trade for things not on my want list or to ask me what they can breed / go shopping in their scroll. This is a real hassle at times especially when you are dealing with multiple PMs of the same nature.

I would much prefer not to indulge in PM and just post trade links but at the same time, those eggs already in teleport can also be freely offered to other trades.

Kind of change of mind, yes.... It's amazing what being in a situation does to one's perception !

But that wasn't the same suggestion - that one was trying to offer two things on the SAME trade. Mine here is more if you see several trades you like, you could offer YOUR single item on more than one. Two sides, same coin, I guess smile.gif

Well, it was both - offering one item on several trades and offering multiple times on the same trade.

Anyay, I still want it.

Edited by Rally Vincent

I am reluctant to break the teleport link of a trade that I have posted just to offer it on trade to someone who may reject it Then I just have to go back and make another teleport for my egg and start over.

Yes! I have run into this multiple times myself, and it's a huge hassle. I've been in a trading thread, made my post with the two way teleport I generated, and then two posts later someone is asking for exactly what I have, and I have to decide if I want to pull my teleport link and offer on theirs.

Looks like a lot of us would like to be able to also post our eggs and offer on, where feasible, at least several other trades, so we don't waste time and (edit: miss) trades and can complete our trades, where possible, as quickly as possible...

Would that sort of thing be very hard to code?

Edited by Syphoneira

I think the reason it is disallowed is the potential for dragons to be cloned.

Eh?

But in general, I'd like this (though I suspect some fiddling would be needed to get it to work).

I support this. And though there may need to be some limits, I think that they should be somewhat lose.

Of course, the one downside will be those times when you want one trade enough that you don't want to risk another trade getting accepted first and so you only make the one offer. Because I don't know about anyone else, but I won't decline even halfway decent offers anymore, even if I normally would have, because they'll be a safety net that isn't as necessary under the current system.

And while some people have mentioned that it might speed up trading, I'm not sure that's true at all. After all, if people can multi-offer, then that means that the trade initiator will likely get more offers over time, and so it's worth waiting a bit to see. Because lots of times I'm not asking for something super specific when I post a trade and so there's not always that "perfect" offer. This would actually make me more inclined to wait for more offers rather than grabbing the first that fell within "acceptable" range.

But with a lot of people lately saying how hard it can be to make trades these days, building more flexibility into the system is probably a smart move for a number of reasons.

This is not 1960. Databases have evolved.

But with a lot of people lately saying how hard it can be to make trades these days, building more flexibility into the system is probably a smart move for a number of reasons.

This ^

Very much. This might actually get me into trading again.

I have to add my support here!

I have searched for this but did not find this thread, so I opened a new topic to suggest just this.

It might make the wait for acceptance of offers a lot shorter..... and a lot less uncertain for the traders...

I support this but perhaps there should be an asterisk or something next to the offer so that the person choosing knows that it is a time limited offer (ie someone else might get it first) as suggested earlier in the thread.

An indication like that would be fair for both sides in the trade and might help people who are unsure of which offer to accept and avoid disappointment on both sides of the trade.

Yes yes YES!! How many times have I offered a Trade up only to later find someone else's trade to be VERY attractive, but now to offer my egg/hatchie I'd have to break the link, make the offer, and by that time probably miss out on that trade, re-make the trade link, see something....ad nauseum.

Put my X in the "FOR" column!