Fuzzbucket

Making the same offer on more than one trade

Oh, man, I want this! I don't trade a lot, but this would be great. It would make me more likely to trade in the future.

A friend and I have been discussing this very topic - so it's great to see there are other people who want this too.

I'd really love this to be added, it would make a lot of sense and making trading more enjoyable.

Support

It doesn't affect me, but it would be nice if the option WAS there.

Definately would love to see this implemented!

I kinda don't see many downsides to it... So what if people offer their egg on several trades? The one who decides first, is the one who gets it! It would speed up the process of trading as well. Because people wouldn't wait so long to "maybe getting a better offer".

Either you take the risk, and wait, or you don't take the risk, and take!

Can this be moved back to the suggestions section? It's a great idea and it's a shame to see it stuffed away in the quiet back corner of the BSA section, even if it is BSA-related.

Anyhoo, adding my support anew. Someone was trading a CB Copper, and while my offer was stuck there for over a day, just waiting to see what would happen, I kept seeing other trades that I would've loved to offer it on. And in the end it got rejected. A whole day of waiting for nothing... it's quite frustrating, especially when we have a fairly limited window in which to find trades for things. :/

I'm gonna have to say no to this, actually.

Not that I don't want it, because I do and it sounds great, but it doesn't make sense.

You have the ONE egg/hatchling, not a bunch. Personally it would seem rude to go offering the same thing on a bunch of trades, and maybe you offer it on my trade, and then I go to accept only to mind out that just moments before I could, someone else accepted the trade for it. Cancelling an offer is different, but someone else accepting that same offer in some other trade is just rude.

You're promising that person gets that thing you offered if they give you their trade. If you want to trade your whatever for different things, set up your own trade and tell people what you're looking for.

So no support, sorry. Unless someone gives me a really good logical reason as to why it's okay and would make sense.

Magic is involved, isn't it? If you really need to RP justify something this useful, just imagine the Magi whipping up an apparition of the egg in question while it's being negotiated, rather than holding up the real thing.

I don't think it's any more rude than canceling a trade because you're tired of waiting for the person to make up their mind (which isn't rude at all). People aren't required to go through with every trade they propose. And in the meantime, it'd be really nice if I didn't have to tie up my rares in a single trade for days only to find out, oh darn, that one person wasn't interested and I've now lost all chances to trade those things because they're ER. Being able to offer on multiples greatly increases the chances of finding a successful swap.

If people were worried about spam, which is the only possible downside I can see here, maybe offers could be limited to 3-5 per item.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I dunno, still doesn't make sense to me (and I know it's the Magi doing it, but "it's magic!" is kind of a poor justification). Even if you're showing them a picture of the dragon, you're still promising it TO THEM. Like I said, it's different from cancelling a trade. That means you changed your mind and weren't interested. This suggestion is more like "I can't make up my mind so I'm going to offer on multiple things" (plus a bit of impatience, but I mean, cancelling can reflect that, too).

Limits are kind of better, and if this is accepted I would DEFINITELY want limits, but it still doesn't make it entirely okay.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Doesn't the suggestion of marking trades you've offered to more than one person (I believe that had been talked about earlier in the thread) take care of that? If it's clearly stated, then the person you're offering to knows that the offer isn't a promise.

I dunno, still doesn't make sense to me (and I know it's the Magi doing it, but "it's magic!" is kind of a poor justification). Even if you're showing them a picture of the dragon, you're still promising it TO THEM. Like I said, it's different from cancelling a trade. That means you changed your mind and weren't interested. This suggestion is more like "I can't make up my mind so I'm going to offer on multiple things" (plus a bit of impatience, but I mean, cancelling can reflect that, too).

Limits are kind of better, and if this is accepted I would DEFINITELY want limits, but it still doesn't make it entirely okay.

I still tend to think of the offer as a magical offer to begin with. You don't have the egg until you accept it, the egg doesn't disappear from your scroll if you hit decline, meaning you must have some way to tell what the offer is without the egg being present.

Edited by Nectaris

Why is this under BSAs ? It needs to be an actual option. It was, when I voted... I would not vote for it as a BSA.

Why is this under BSAs ? It needs to be an actual option. It was, when I voted... I would not vote for it as a BSA.

It is an alteration on teleport, which is a BSA. Therefore, it is in the BSA section. The poll says nothing about making it a different BSA is, so I'm not sure what your complaint there is. The only polls that got changed where when I found topics that should be merged and I re-started a more comprehensive poll (if both topics had polls).

It is an alteration on teleport, which is a BSA. Therefore, it is in the BSA section. The poll says nothing about making it a different BSA is, so I'm not sure what your complaint there is. The only polls that got changed where when I found topics that should be merged and I re-started a more comprehensive poll (if both topics had polls).

Still, I really think it should be in the main suggestions section. The BSA section moves godawful slow and this is a really handy, current-gameplay-mechanism-affecting suggestion that should be in a more prominent part of the forums.

This post is off-topic. I had a specific topic up for this to be discussed in when the decision was first made. After trying again and again to get people to post there and being ignored for two weeks or so, it was closed. If you guys wish to discuss this now, please bring it to the forum feedback thread.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hm. I was the original OP (I THINK) and that isn't my poll....

But - what ADP said. I don't see that it changes the BSA - there'd still be teleport; it would just mean you could OFFER on more than one thing (or accept only part of an offer.) The magi would still be doing its thing; you'd just be steering a bit !.

Part of this post is off-topic (and we discussed the rest in PM). I had a specific topic up for this to be discussed in when the decision was first made. After trying again and again to get people to post there and being ignored for two weeks or so, it was closed. If you guys wish to discuss this now, please bring it to the forum feedback thread.

I really agree that this should be in the general suggestion area. Many fewer people bother to visit the BSA suggestion area and this suggestion does not really involve proposing a new BSA, which is what I think of for this section.

This has much more to do with trading than it does with the BSA itself. I guess it does require some modification of the BSA, but still . . .

This post is off-topic. I had a specific topic up for this to be discussed in when the decision was first made. After trying again and again to get people to post there and being ignored for two weeks or so, it was closed. If you guys wish to discuss this now, please bring it to the forum feedback thread.

I know TJ's very busy, but I'm hoping that at some point, we could get some input from him as to what he thinks of this suggestion, and whether we're likely to get it someday.

Too many of us have stopped looking at other posts after posting a trade ourselves, or not put up a post ourselves while offering on someone else's, because people often don't like to PM about trades and we don't want to lose a chance of someone seeing our post in order to tie our trades up, perhaps for days, offering on someone else's, or break an offer on one which might (or might not, lol,) be decided soon, to offer on another.

And this suggestion would really make a lot of difference to an awful lot of players...

I do like this idea, I know during the holiday breeding season I was trying to trade two dragons that I had been offering. One was traded and the other ended up growing up (though that's ok, a cb seasonal is always nice to have) over night. Not sure if it was a canceled trade or just one that they didn't see / were waiting on. If I had been able to offer her on multiple trade I may have been able to trade.

If we do get this I agree there should be a limit. 2-3 trades for the same dragon seems fair to me.

Yes. I support this suggestion also, with the limit set of 3 trades at one time (3 is plenty), and auto-cancel of any other existing trades that exist for that same egg/hatchling once it is accepted.

Edited by PrairieStead

Posting to support (and bump) this.

I don't see the need for a limit btw - there's no limit to the offers you can have waiting for you, so why should there be a limit to the offers you can make? Just open up the market and let players take it from there.