Qwackie

Hair

my hair is short and brown, and it grows like a weed! when i go on T i also wanna grow out a beard. cool.gif

I don't know, that's debatable...short hair really does look great on some girls, and some of the short styles are really cool and edgy, which I love...but I'm not sure if 'short' = less maintenance. I had a friend years ago cut her long hair short, thinking it would be less hassle. Then all she did was complain that the now short style was MORE hassle. According to her, instead of waking up in the morning and being able to pull her hair back into a knot and go, she was forced to get up and fiddle with it and style it because if she didn't it looked ridiculous. I guess there are pros and cons both ways.

I guess I have heard that pixie cuts are super high maintenance, as well as some other longer haircuts, but in my experience (as someone with very little fashion sense), short hair has been easy. If it's too short it will stick up and look silly, but if it's too long, static electricity will affect it easily (as it will with longer hair). As far as shampooing and brushing go, shorter is easily. Styling is different though, you're right.

I still prefer it though. tongue.gif

Mine is super long but because I get migraines I have to layer it.....and I have some natural curl in my hair so it looks wavy most of the time but flat ironing it takes me maybe 20-30 minutes and looks really good when I do that. For those with hair loss problems I have the same issue. I started losing my hair again when I was put on a beta-blocker known as metoprolol for anxiety and blood pressure. I did some research and beta-blockers have a tendency to cause hair loss. One thing that can help hair, skin and nails for you ladies out there is taking prenatal vitamins. You don't have to be pregnant to take them and they really are the best vitamin a woman can take. Taking them makes my hair grow super fast.

Waist length, red-ish with natural wave. Never been cut. Kind of thin. I use whatever is cheap as far as shampoo and conditioner, but I like ausse instant freeze hairspray. I also use - sporadically - a prescription mousse (for psoriasis) that costs $572 USD without insurance, and no, that's not a typo. As a side note, I thank God for a $30 copay.

Mine is down to my thighs... I only trim it now and then. I keep it in a braid all the time, and it gets really annoying when people ask me to take it down! Have you ever let down a mass of hair this large? With any luck, it will not tangle for at least 5 minutes. >_>

Anyone else have this problem?

I've been told I grow glorious locks of straight and shiny brown hair.

The problem is that the longer it gets, the more it hates me.

Ever had a permanent case of bed hair? Yea...

Though what I WOULD like, is if I could move the hair growth from my head to my face.

Screw locks, I want beards! I'd gladly shave my head and sport a gentleman's bushy face forest!

I kinda hate my hair, It's very wavy/curly and totally unpredictable. If I ever try to brush it I'll end up looking like Chewbacca. xd.png

Edited by Xorath

I have long (not as long as some of you guys, though. Reading this thread has made me seriously jealous!), straight, blond hair. It reaches to about the small of my back.

I absolutely hate getting it cut. I generally just leave it alone. I feel like the hairdresser always takes off more than I want and I end up leaving really upset. If I do get it cut, basically I only want a little trim to take off the worst of the dead ends and that's it.

Personally, I think it's easier to manage than shorter hair, anyway. I had a friend with short hair gripe about how she had to style it literally every morning. I can either just brush mine and leave it down or pull it into a ponytail and go.

My newest obsession has been braids, though. I love that my hair is long enough for me to experiment with different braided styles. For the last couple weeks, I've been alternating between a waterfall braid and a four strand dutch braid with a ribbon as the third strand. I've almost managed a five strand dutch braid, but it'll still take some practice for my fingers to get used to the pattern.

I love my hair. I'm not the thinnest person and there are a lot of things I don't particularly like about the way I look, but my hair is one of the few things that I think is really pretty and don't ever really feel self-conscious about.

My hair is thick. Very thick. It looks thin, but I overheat in the summer if I don't get it layered. The problem with that? I have natural curls. Natural curls dislike being brushed.

Overall, though, it's fairly tame. It doesn't stick up everywhere or anything usually, and even when I wake up it's not all messy. My hair is also kind of soft because I like brushing it and it gets brushed a lot.

My hair, otherwise, is shoulder-length and brown. People always compliment the color and tell me not to dye it and I refuse to permanently dye my hair because of that. I don't care what I look like, but my hair is just precious to me. I like to let my hair grow out. It's only this short because I just recently got it cut, and before that, I had recently got it cut to make wigs for Cancer patients. (Might end up doing that again actually.)

EDIT: Oh. I also use men's shampoo + conditioner. ...It smells better then woman's stuff. And it stays smelling like it for days.

Edited by seacatsmew

I've got thick, semi-wavy brown hair, in the summer is gets lighter and had red and blond highlights and lowlights. It's about 1-1.5 feet long, and I'll keep it that way till the end of summer, when I'm gonna get it cut short. Like, super short. Oh, and I use whatever is in the shower, I don't bother styling or anything, usually just put it in a ponytail.

Edited by shadowfighter

My hair is light brown with a blonde stripe, and I want to dye it purple. It's straight and kind of long. I try to curl it as often as possible, but I tend to forget.

Mine is super long but because I get migraines I have to layer it.....and I have some natural curl in my hair so it looks wavy most of the time but flat ironing it takes me maybe 20-30 minutes and looks really good when I do that. For those with hair loss problems I have the same issue. I started losing my hair again when I was put on a beta-blocker known as metoprolol for anxiety and blood pressure. I did some research and beta-blockers have a tendency to cause hair loss. One thing that can help hair, skin and nails for you ladies out there is taking prenatal vitamins. You don't have to be pregnant to take them and they really are the best vitamin a woman can take. Taking them makes my hair grow super fast.

I didn't know that about prenatal vitamins! I had to have the back of my head shaved due to a surgery... Maybe I should try the prenatal to promote faster hair growth!!

Frizzy/coarse (much to my frustration), takes 500 years to dry, shoulder length, naturally brown/strawberry blonde, but I've dyed most of it blonde. I want to cut more of it off and go to a medium-dark brown ^^

Mine is super thick, copper blonde and mid-back lenght. It used to be past hip but I cut it up to arm pit lenght Jan 2014 to get rid of layers and highlights. Still growing though. I'm quite Lucky, I can kinda choose if I want naturally straight hair or wavy depending on how I style it while damp. Really convenient hair type wink.gif

I went to the hairdresser's to get a trim, but now it's too short. orz But since it's more manageable now (barely reaching my shoulders), I might end up bleaching and dyeing it some color I haven't decided on yet.

So I am super duper lazy and sometimes will skip brushing my hair for a day or two. I haven't brushed it in a couple of days and I'm currently untangling it and ugh.

Is anyone else like this?

I'm that lazy with my hair I just decided to get some dreadlock extensions. Which was actually pretty darn expensive :/ but they look cool though wink.gif

Edited by Trickseh

Oh, my hair is a real mess. It's always frizzy, stuck somewhere between wavy and straight. I'm well overdue for a haircut atm, it's very thin and split ends show up quite quickly. I usually straighten it or put it up into a ponytail/half-up, half down hairdo if I need it to look more presentable. I really do like the color though, it's medium brown with subtle hints of gold.

My hair is bright red and waist length. It is CRAZY. It has a wave that's not quite curly but not straight by any means. It's also so thick. Whenever I get any kind of updo or anything at the salon, it takes them 2+ hours. It takes me about an hour and a half to straighten it at times. I have a LOT of hair.

I just use whatever hair products I feel like. Cheap shampoo and conditioner. It's probably bad because I'm a competitive swimmer, so chlorine kills it. I have some deep conditioner that I use on occasion, but I usually just wash it, let it air dry (not in public as it frizzes something awful).

I have short, dark brown hair. I have my head shaved all around except for some hair on the top which I usually comb to the side. I used to have the thickest, curliest, frizziest hair that would drive me insane which is why I chopped about 80% of it off tongue.gif

Only products I use are shampoo and conditioner, hair gel, and a hair smoothing serum

My hair is dirty blonde and shoulder-length, though I need a hair-cut. It is fairly thin, prone to friz, but has a natural wave to it.

My products vary, I find that if I use one item too long it seems to lose effectiveness.

Very short, white with a few grey hairs left, and I use whatever product happens to be on special - usually a Garnier from bodycare or a Tesco own brand.

I am free smile.gif

My hair is short and dyed black. It used to be very long but after a very long time of keeping my hair up in a ponytail I went and got most of it cut off.