Qwackie

Hair

I have shoulder length hair, but color varies. It's orange-ish pink at the moment, I believe. However, I plan on dying it dark copper blonde and I just bought some blonde extensions to dye as well.

I use Tresemme shampoop and conditioner erryday and my hair is luscious o3o

Another hair topic. tongue.gif

Anywho. My hair is a dull brown, straight and very thin. I want to grow it out to my waist, but it keeps breaking and falling. It's like at the half of my back now in lenght. Not a fan of my hair, lol. Although I had people telling me that my hair is pretty and wanted to have my hair. wtf. xd.png

As for using products, only natural ones. I'm trying to 'fortify' my hair using weekly castor-oil and egg hair masks. I've only just started doing this a while ago, as well changed my shampoo. Hopefully it works.

If anyone has an advice or two against falling hair, please share. ^^;

As for using products, only natural ones. I'm trying to 'fortify' my hair using weekly castor-oil and egg hair masks. I've only just started doing this a while ago, as well changed my shampoo. Hopefully it works.

Have you tried to find out what your hair needs, moisture or protein? Hair that's lacking protein can be stretched a lot when wet, hair that's lacking moisture breaks easily. The problem is, if you put too much protein on hair that doesn't need it, it might become brittle or dry and break even more.

It's probably similar with hair masks and deep conditioners, I've experienced that if I use them a lot my hair gets weighed down with all that nutrient stuff and feels a bit sticky - much doesn't always help much.

Since you said you have fine hair, it could help if you'd use deep conditioning less frequently (like, every two weeks) to prevent that. If you feel that your hair needs more nutrients after a while, you can always go back to weekly treatments.

Gentle combing and not using a hairdryer can also help a lot.

Sorry, got a bit carried away here. unsure.gif

I myself have straight hair that's dyed jet black and almost goes past my butt (I'm wondering when I'll start sitting on it...) I'm pretty happy with my hair as it is, it's thick and seems to do best with minimal care, although combing it in the morning or after can be a bit annoying because it takes so long.

Unfortunately, wearing it in a ponytail a lot has taken its toll on it, so I might have to take off one or two inches soon to prevent more split ends. Then again, I didn't want to grow it out so I can see it only for 5 minutes in my bathroom while I braid it or tuck it away in an updo wink.gif

Protein molecules from eggs are too large to penetrate the hair cuticle.

Also, how are you using the castor oil? Just on your scalp or are you putting it all over your hair as a mask? Castor oil does not imbue moisture, it only seals it in. So if your hair is dry, you might be sealing moisture OUT of your hair. Try castor oil just on your scalp, and coconut oil or olive oil on your hair which both moisturize.

Edited by Syaoransbear

My hair is medium-long and thick but I plan to get it cut to shoulder-length or shorter. Long hair is a pain to deal with, plus I'm a little chubby (trying to lose weight atm) and I am of the opinion that long hair doesn't look good on chubby girls. sad.gif Also I am very short, and l have heard that long hair and long dresses make short girls look shorter.

My hair's naturally dirty blonde. I absolutely hated the colour though so I dyed it jet black... never going back to blonde again. I hate touching up my roots though. Right now it's down to my mid-back, but I'm growing it out to at least waist-length. Wouldn't be the first time I've done that, though I do remember it taking forever to brush.

As for products... I prefer to use garnier. It makes my hair silky, and gives a bit of body to my normally thin hair.

Edit: Apparently herbal essences, too. I really need to pay attention to the labels.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Woooo, hair topic! biggrin.gif

I have very curly brown hair that falls just below my shoulders. I'm constantly switching out the gels or creams I use in it, depending on whether I want to blow-dry it for body (I seriously look like a hobbit channeling River Song when I do that) or whether I just want it to sit and not frizz.

My hair is a deep brown, not dark, definatly not blonde (except for that one time >.>) but it has a lot of natural color in it.

I tend to use herbal essences in hair when there is nothing else, but when I can I use a salon dandruff shampoo and a mostiure treatment once a week and another type of salon shampoo and conditioner for the rest of the week. My hair is waist length and my mom wants me to cut it, I however like the look of when its long and anything shorter tends to get really frizzy really fast.

Unfortuneatly I tend to get an oily scalp on top of my dandruff and while the dandruff shampoo helps I can't get it every time it runs out (it comes in a much smaller container). Anyone have any tips for dealing with oily scalp and dandruff?

Woooo, hair topic! biggrin.gif

I have very curly brown hair that falls just below my shoulders. I'm constantly switching out the gels or creams I use in it, depending on whether I want to blow-dry it for body (I seriously look like a hobbit channeling River Song when I do that) or whether I just want it to sit and not frizz.

Sounds beautiful

My hair is black and around 60 centimeters long.

And I am using only classic shampoo and sometimes regenerator, just to I can brush it easier.(and to be shiny ofc laugh.gif )

My hair is a dark brown almost black that shines a brown-red in the sunlight(Epic hair o3o) It falls an inch below my shoulders and is straight, but curves a bit at the end(not sticking out left or right, it just curls into the other curl at the end) When I brush my hair is really silky so I can't do a side ponytail.

@Rachel:

Your hair is so pretty!! I love your curls!

Yay Hair topics!

My virgin hair color is a brownish-red, but it's currently the stereotypical ginger kid orange with a blond chunk in my bangs (a-la Rogue). It's elbow length and it curls to just past my shoulders and waves/frizzes from there. I used to use permanent dyes on it, which killed most of my curl, but now I use temporary dye (Beyond the Zone) until I get the perma-dyed ends slowly cut off.

I pretty much just wash it maaaybe once a week, I usually float between a week or two between washes. I use Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner and It's a 10 Miracle Leave in Product, air-dry, THEN brush (I can't even attempt a comb through it till try) and flat iron (once per wash, unless I have to dress up, which is rare). I have to braid it at night to avoid wicked tangles, but it makes it so much easier to manage in the morning! I try to wear it down often, if not it's in a braid or a big clippy.

Edited by skydafox

@Rachel:

Your hair is so pretty!! I love your curls!

Thank you smile.gif

The curls are natural smile.gif i like to straighten my hair smile.gif change it up a bit

I have really long dark brown hair and I plan on donating to locks of love. The best way for me to describe my hair is to compare it to a Victorian doll. I personally call them lolita curls, but I think the proper name is spiral curls? It does it naturally- I hate using things on my hair.

Edited by Cecona

I have really long hair and I plan on donating to locks of love. The best way for me to describe my hair is to compare it to a Victorian doll. I personally call them lolita curls, but I think the proper name is spiral curls? It does it naturally- I hate using things on my hair.

Please don't donate to locks of love, they are not a reputable charity.

Please don't donate to locks of love, they are not a reputable charity.

Really? o.0

Really? o.0

It's a scam. It's a hugely profitable not-for-profit organization. They receive millions of dollars in monetary donations and they make millions of dollars selling hair they consider to be 'unusable' to wig and extension makers(who somehow find this 'unusable' hair completely usable!). Yet it only costs them $1000 to make the wig, and they've only made 2000 wigs in the last 16 years. So, so far, their average cost to make wig is $125,000 a year yet they make MILLIONS per year.

This is not including the fact that locks of love does not donate their wigs. They sell their wigs to patients based on a sliding scale of their parent's income. They make all that money yet they are still unable to truly donate their wigs. And they sell the wigs to the parents based on the wig's retail value which is between $3500-$6000, not based on the processing costs which is the only cost locks of love needs to pay since the hair is donated. That means locks of love is profiting even more off of the patients they sell their wigs to.

Also, people like to think locks of love donates to children who have cancer, but they don't. They only make wigs for children with long term hair loss, like alopecia, so temporary hair loss as the result of chemotherapy doesn't count.

They've even outright said that they much prefer monetary donations to hair donations. A hair charity wanting money instead of hair? Ridiculous.

There are a few other hair charities out there that are much more reputable and don't have millions of dollars worth of hair completely unaccounted for, like Pantene Beautiful Lengths and Wigs for Kids. You should shop around if you feel like donating.

It's a scam. It's a hugely profitable not-for-profit organization. They receive millions of dollars in monetary donations and they make millions of dollars selling hair they consider to be 'unusable' to wig and extension makers(who somehow find this 'unusable' hair completely usable!). Yet it only costs them $1000 to make the wig, and they've only made 2000 wigs in the last 16 years. So, so far, their average cost to make wig is $125,000 a year yet they make MILLIONS per year.

This is not including the fact that locks of love does not donate their wigs. They sell their wigs to patients based on a sliding scale of their parent's income. They make all that money yet they are still unable to truly donate their wigs. And they sell the wigs to the parents based on the wig's retail value which is between $3500-$6000, not based on the processing costs which is the only cost locks of love needs to pay since the hair is donated. That means locks of love is profiting even more off of the patients they sell their wigs to.

Also, people like to think locks of love donates to children who have cancer, but they don't. They only make wigs for children with long term hair loss, like alopecia, so temporary hair loss as the result of chemotherapy doesn't count.

They've even outright said that they much prefer monetary donations to hair donations. A hair charity wanting money instead of hair? Ridiculous.

There are a few other hair charities out there that are much more reputable and don't have millions of dollars worth of hair completely unaccounted for, like Pantene Beautiful Lengths and Wigs for Kids. You should shop around if you feel like donating.

Wow, I didn't know any of that o_o I honestly thought it was a nice charity that would make my hair into a pretty wig for a girl that needs it, whether she has cancer or alopecia I'm not too concerned so long as it's used to help. But I mean... they SELL the wings?! They don't donate them!? I can't stand orginizations like that- claiming to be a charity but are more concerned about money. Wow... well now I'll need to look into those other hair donating things which hopefully wont make this more difficult.

I feel the same about this as I did when I learned chik-fil-a donates profits to anti-LGBT groups.

The best way for me to describe my hair is to compare it to a Victorian doll. I personally call them lolita curls, but I think the proper name is spiral curls?

Ooh, can you put an example pic?

My hair is straight, a bit wavy, and falls down just above my butt smile.gif . It's a chocolate brown and really thick.

Ooh, can you put an example pic?

My hair is straight, a bit wavy, and falls down just above my butt smile.gif . It's a chocolate brown and really thick.

I will after my next shower, that's when it looks the best since I don't really do anything to keep the curls.

Until then here is an example I found online that matches best. Only my hair is dark brown

user posted image

Edited by Cecona