picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

"Well if you're going to go into the city for food, I can give you a ride there for faster traveling. But first I need my wounds treated. Someone wrap some bandages around my wings and chest," said Atlas. Because if she flew now, she would feel the pain of her injuries.

Danielle went to one of the popsicles and tried to eat through the wrapper, but it felt tasteless and inedible. "How do you get dis food out?" she asked.

"We use hands." Henry said and showed his hands. "You can easily open the wrapper using paws." He said and grabbed a popsicle. He took the wrapper off and reached out his hand to Danielle. "I know you're not exactly a herbivore, but do ya wanna try eating this?" He asked. He used his other hand to eat some ice cream. Henry looked at Atlas. "My hands aren't available right now." He said to her.

"I guess I'll do it then." Yukko shrugged and snatched the medical kit. She hurried over to the dragoness. She took out a bandage. "Okay, where should I wrap first?" She asked.

Danielle watched Henry unwrap the popsicle and thought, 'Oh, so that's how you get the stick food.' She looked at the purple popsicle and replied, "Hmm... Okay." Then she gave the popsicle a lick and felt a bad taste in her mouth. She spat on the ground and said, "Yuck!"

The female human volunteered to bandage Atlas's wounds and the magi replied, "Start with the chest first, because that wound is next to my heart." Because of that fact, it was the most worrying of the three wounds.

Rika jabbed at Nick's chest, "No, magic doesn't work like that. You have to control it. Now how do you know how their genetics work? I wasn't born yesterday, I know how magic works!" she scolded. Fayt laughed quietly, his ears tipping back. He looked at Albel, "Oh, do you have more? For the others?" he asked, briefly locking eyes with his brother before looking at Nick again. Fayt felt great having the cure and all, but he wanted to make sure the others got it too. It didn't seem fair he would be the only one with a cure to his hunter mode. It seemed Nick only had one on him. That meant he had to remake it, right? Fayt was sure they'd get a hint of how he made it then. He didn't like to pry at Nick seeing as how the boy went through the trouble of making a cure, but he couldn't help himself about wondering just how he got his hands on the genetic code. It made him only more skeptical about seeing, or rather thinking he saw Dion before in the flames.

Nick shook his head when they poked further. "The process is so complicated that just the mere process of explaining it to you would take me years to accomplish." When Fayt asked about more of them Nick answered truthfully. "Yes I can make more, but I also need Chi for the second half of it, and I have no idea as to where she ran off to at the moment." Nick was slightly annoyed that they kept prying for information on how he had made the cure, but he wouldn't budge on the subject. He didn't want to give Dion's secret away and risk the scientist safety. Although Nick had expected them to be curious, so he couldn't blame them, but all the same he wished they would stop prying so hard. Albel was right, he was a bad liar. "So have any of those Aquarians shown up yet?" he asked trying to change the subject as he glanced over at the city. It looked much better than it did this morning, but it was still a ways off before it was repaired. "The city isn't even done yet, I wonder what they will think." he wondered aloud.

Edited by picknick10

Rika squinted her eyes at his response. Her fingers twitched to wring his neck at the thought she would believe that. Does he really think I or they are that dense? she thought, narrowing her eyes at him. She grabbed the front of his shirt with both hands, "Don't get cheeky with me kid. If you're going to lie to me, at least make an honest attempt. The next time you talk to me like I'm dense I'll break your legs" she said loudly to his face. Fayt laughed awkwardly, reaching out and gently prying her off him. "Umm... yeah so ok. We'll have to find her... and perhaps she'll..." he trailed off. Be more informative... he thought, smiling nervously at the thought of it really being Dion. Of course between the laugh and smile, Fayt looked like he had a few screws loose. Rika snorted and put her hands to her hips, "Tch, right. They're coming tomorrow you dope" she retorted, waving her hand off.

Edited by Sai

"Does it taste that bad?" He asked. He wondered why carnivores don't seem to enjoy sweet food. He took the Popsicle an licked it, despite it already licked by Danielle. "Its Vanilla flavored..." He said as he licked the sweet, savoring Popsicle.

Yukki looked at Atlas's wounds. "Ummm...Do you want me to try and disinfect it or...?" She asked. She wasn't sure if she should just wrap bandages around the dragoness without care.

Rika squinted her eyes at his response. Her fingers twitched to wring his neck at the thought she would believe that. Does he really think I or they are that dense? she thought, narrowing her eyes at him. She grabbed the front of his shirt with both hands, "Don't get cheeky with me kid. If you're going to lie to me, at least make an honest attempt. The next time you talk to me like I'm dense I'll break your legs" she said loudly to his face. Fayt laughed awkwardly, reaching out and gently prying her off him. "Umm... yeah so ok. We'll have to find her... and perhaps she'll..." he trailed off. Be more informative... he thought, smiling nervously at the thought of it really being Albel. Of course between the laugh and smile, Fayt looked like he had a few screws loose. Rika snorted and put her hands to her hips, "Tch, right. They're coming tomorrow you dope" she retorted, waving her hand off.

Nick flinched when Rika grabbed his shirt and threatened him. "I wasn't calling you dense" he protested. He was about to start resisting Rika's grip, but Fayt pulled her off of him, thankfully. He brushed off his shirt and looked at Rika with an impish grin for a brief moment before it was gone again. When Chi was mentioned Nick nodded "Oh yes, I'm sure she will be able to confirm my explanation."he nodded, even though he could feel a pit growing in his stomach. He could feel the plan failing, and he felt bad that he couldn't protect Dion's identity. Upon hearing the news on the Aquarians he just grunted, he didn't know what to think about them yet.

Edited by picknick10

Rika snorted at Nick, "Yeah ask me to believe something stupid and then say you don't think I'm dense. Ok, sure" she rolled her eyes. The Aquarian subject had dropped like a rock. Rika looked at Nick again, studying him. "Alright then. Let's find Chi" she declared. Fayt rubbed the back of his head. He hoped he didn't start anything bad. If it was Dion, it would certainly provide a different issue next. Fayt looked at Albel, who simply smirked in return. Albel moved forward, looping around close behind Nick. He bent down slightly to be at ear level, "I'm sure you wouldn't be lying. Boy, do I hate liars" he said in an... odd tone. He straightened up and moved out towards the forest. "This way, and bring pipsqueak" he grunted, walking into the woods. Rika moved behind Nick next and gave him a light push in the general direction, "Come on then" she coaxed, walking forward with Fayt.

Akuma walked back from the river, now in human form and licking the remains of the fish from his fingers. A tree house came into view rather fast. "Hey Chi!" he called up. Chi's face poked into view as she stepped out onto the mini terrace, "Spare a pain killer?" he grumbled. "Mmm" she took a small pearl-like object from her pocket and tossed it down to him. Akuma popped it into his mouth and cracked it in his teeth. He sniffed quietly once and paused. He sniffed a few more times. Akuma whirled on the spot, not seeing anyone...yet. He scaled the latter to the house quickly. "What's wrong?" Chi asked. "Someones coming..." he muttered, going inside.

Albel stopped at the clearing, looking at the tree house and then following it up to where Chi was leaning on the terrace railing. "Good to see you, Chi" he said, his voice more threatening than welcoming. "What can I do for you all today?" she asked, seeing the others arriving. "I hear there's a cure for the hunters state" "This is true" Albel smirked. "So how did you manage to make it without getting a hold of the dna sequences?" he asked. Chi paused, "Well... there were some old papers of-" "I destroyed all the documents" "I had help" "From who?" Chi frowned slightly, "Akuma, he hangs around the lab a lot. Perhaps you missed something" Albel sneered up at her. "So Akuma came up with it?" "Just the papers" Albel moved over, wrapping his arm around Nick's shoulder, "So this welp didn't come up with it?" he asked with an odd smile. Chi tapped her fingers on the rail, "Not exactly, he helped make it is all" "Where are the papers?" "I destroyed them for our safety" "Fine then, where is the rat?" Chi went quiet. "How should I know? I'm not his mother" she looked off to the side. Akuma had chosen well when he decided to hide in the house. Or perhaps not since he was in smelling range.

Nick followed along apprehensively, a knot growing in his stomach. As they walked through the forest Nick followed along in the back, until they reached Chi's house. When they prodded her for answers, and she mentioned some old papers Nick cringed. He glared at Chi for a moment before looking away. A deeply furrowed frown took place on Nick's face. She couldn't have known what he had told the others, it wasn't her fault, but still. It didn't help Nick feel any better about the situation. Nick shifted around uncomfortably as Albel shredded Chi's explanation to pieces. She seemed to struggle to come up with an answer before she used Akuma as a scape goat. Nick started to slink away, but felt Albel place an arm firmly around his shoulder. A low groan rumbled in his throat as the events unfolded to favor his story less and less. 'Nnnnnnggggggghhhhhhh' He could only hope that they wouldn't find Akuma. Deciding it was time to leave Nick tried to slip away from Albel's grip "Well, Akuma obviously isn't here, so we should just get back to the city, wouldn't want to Aquarians to show up without us heh?"

Edited by picknick10

Rika's arms folded across her chest, listening to the arguing back and forth. Fayt seemed to be growing more uneasy. Albel curved his claws inward at Nick's arm as he tried to escape. "I believe I just said I hate liars. Already caught one. We'll just have to see how far that lie goes. All the way to the source, hmm? ... I'll deal with you next" he said simply, shoving Nick away. "So your little scapegoat. Akuma. You must know where he is because he's the only one to confirm or deny your claims. So let's see" he sniffed audibly. "Oh yes, you certainly don't know where he is" Albel snorted with laughter, jumping up onto the terrace. Fayt shuffled closer to Nick, "Albel..." he trailed off, not sure what to say. Of course, he was a bit concerned for Akuma since Albel wasn't the most... tender around kids. Albel forced his way into the house, being followed by a squabbling Chi. There was the noises of bumping furniture, yelping, and scolding, "Albel! No! He has nothing to say!" Akuma came scrambling out of a window, climbing onto the roof. Albel followed shortly after, swiping his claws after Akuma. Akuma jumped to a branch on a neighboring tree and then another lower one. Albel zipped closer, obviously quite faster. Akuma landed on the ground and leaned forward in a run. He was stopped short as Albel landed on him, forcing him into the ground roughly and knocking the wind from his lungs. Akuma gasped for air at the impact, focused on that instead of squirming. He'd only briefly caught his breath before Albel pushed a foot heavily between his shoulder blades and drawing a katana. He placed it next to Akuma's neck, "So let's go over this again. Where did we get the DNA sequence from?" he asked, looking around at everyone. Chi was now hanging out the window fretfully and Fayt took a few steps forward. "Brother, please-" "Not another step" Albel growled, pressing the steel closer to Akuma's neck.

Edited by Sai

"Va... nilla?" asked Danielle repeating the word. She was clueless about to what kind of fruit a vanilla is.

"Nah, I already licked my wounds clean. All the germs should die by now. Just go ahead and wrap them already," said Atlas. Saliva was a dragon's natural medicine to cleaning out germs in wounds as there was lysozymes to aid against infection. Although it wasn't the most effective disinfectant compared to a healer dragon's magic, dragons did this in case there wasn't one around.

"O-okay!" She said and started to unwrap some of the bandages. "Uhhh..." She looked at Atlas. "C-can you like, lower down a bit so I can wrap this bandage around you...?" She asked. She couldn't exactly reach over to wrap the wounds in bandages.

Jass, please try to post around two lines length, and avoid one liners at all cost. Don't make Kall come back, she'll beat me down and make me cry.))

Nick watched, terrified for Akuma's safety as things escalated very quickly. When pushed away by Albel he followed him, and when Albel began to sniff out Akuma, it put him on edge. Albel seemed obsessed with finding Akuma, and through him the source of the information. The angry hybrid located Akuma's scent, making Nick cringe. This wasn't going to be fun. What happened next bothered Nick to no end, and sent him over the edge, he wasn't going to let this happen. When Albel chased down Akuma and pulled the blade to the kids throat. Nick decided it was time to step in. This was to far for Nick to let go. You can knock a kid around a bit, but not to this extent, and never putting their life in danger. In a flash he appeared on ground about 20 or so paces from Albel and his prisoner. He wasn't going to let him hurt Akuma, especially knowing the kid's past now. Balling his hands into fist he called out, "Hey censorkip.gif for brains, leave the kid alone. I have the information you want, not him. I'm the one who created the cure after all, not him. He was just the tester." His rage was obvious in his speech.

Albel glanced up when Nick zipped to a spot a short ways from him. Akuma grunted from his spot on the ground. His face heated up in a light blush as Nick called out a defense. Why did he always have to get help from someone he was determined to hate? Albel looked at Nick with interest. "Is that so?" he looked down at Akuma. Albel took on a mischievous smirk, "Let's see how much you know" he said. Albel removed his foot and used it to roll Akuma over onto his back. He put his sword tip on Akuma's throat to keep him from moving. Albel looked at Nick once more, "So here's how it works. You answer my questions. If I think you're lying...." he pressed the tip of the sword closer to Akuma, "He gets an injury" he raised his head slightly and made a quiet bark of laughter, "You make one move and my sword gos through his throat" he added. Albel had it pegged fast Nick didn't want Akuma to be hurt- whatever the reason. Akuma stiffened up, I'm dead he thought briefly. Fayt clicked his teeth. He wanted to do something but was afraid that Akuma would get hurt if he did. Rika seemed relatively entertained by the situation though she remained silent. "So where did you learn how the hybrid DNA works?"

Edited by Sai

Nick glared daggers at Albel as Akuma was rolled over and the blade was pressed to the young hybrid's throat. He didn't know what to do, but he wouldn't let Albel hurt Akuma, he had decided that much. He stared down Albel for a long while, not moving, not saying a word. Dion himself said he couldn't stay hidden from Albel forever, but Nick was still hesitant. I guess he's going to be found out sooner than later. Taking a deep breath and looking Albel straight in the eyes he said, "Dion gave me the information I needed to make the cure. Now let Akuma go." his voice was monotone, never wavering, never giving Albel any reason to mistake what he said as a lie. Nick hated what Albel was doing right now. Leave it to Albel to take something good and use it as an excuse to hurt people he thought to himself bitterly.

Albel listened to Nick's explanation. He narrowed his eyes at the boy. Nick's expression appeared as flat as his voice. Dion was alive? Fayt had mentioned thinking he saw him. How long had anyone known about this he wondered. Albel looked back down at Akuma, "So it's true. And did you know about this all along? That he was alive?" he growled. Akuma looked fretfully at Albel before tilting his face to the side and looking off somewhere else. It was an attempt to look submissive- something that was all but lost on Albel when he was angry. Albel snorted and looked at Nick. He sheathed his katana, but still stood straddled over Akuma, who remained stone still. "And just where would I find him?" he asked with a sneer. Fayt finally moved forward, reaching out and touching Albel's shoulder. "Brother... perhaps you could use this opportunity to see what happened?... Instead of a murdering spree? He can cure your hunter state after all. Maybe just even for the sake of closure?" he asked uncertain. Fayt gently pulled Albel off of Akuma as the hybrid was pondering. "We'll just see about that" he growled. Once he was a few feet to the side, Fayt glanced over his shoulder. Akuma still seemed frozen to his spot on the ground, perhaps afraid he might elicit hostile reactions from moving.

Nick watched Albel closely as he sheathed his katana. He was waiting for Albel to step off Akuma. "Yes, Dion is alive," he said eyes still narrowed. When Fayt removed Albel Nick took no time in putting himself between Akuma and Albel. In a flash he was next to Akuma, blocking the path between Akuma and Albel. "He lives in a thicket, that's all I know. I wasn't paying attention to how I got there." Turning his attention to Akuma, but never letting Albel leave his vision, squatted down next to the hybrid boy. "Are you alright? he asked, concern seeping into his voice. It didn't look like he was injured, but Nick just wanted to be sure.

Albel turned and looked around. A thicket? Perhaps he'd just try and remember what Dion smelt like. That'd probably work. He couldn't be far away for them to accomplish this all in one day. "Let's go then, Fayt" he said simply, raising his nose and walking off. Fayt looked over at Nick, "Sorry about that... I'll see what I can do" he assured, following after Albel. Rika put her hands on her hips, "Guess that means I'm stuck here a while" she muttered, wandering towards the ladder of Chi's house. Chi seemed to have relaxed in her spot at the window. At least Akuma hadn't been killed. Akuma shifted his eyes up at Nick as he knelt down. There weren't words to describe his embarrassment. He wanted to be strong and challenge Nick like before, and yet he'd just gotten pummeled into the ground. Akuma looked back to the side, staring at the grass beside him, "I thought you weren't going to help me" he said, recalling Nick's words earlier. Nick had seemed very angry about Akuma punching him in the face rather than thanking him. "Why do you always help?" he furrowed his brow.

Nick watched as Fayt and Albel left. "Don't worry worry about it, Fayt. Please don't let him kill Dion though." Nick called after them before they vanished from view. "Well I lied." Nick admitted to Akuma. as he offered him a hand. "Here, stand up." he said looking down at Akuma. "I couldn't let him hurt you. I would feel responsible, one way or another. Truthfully Nick didn't know why he felt so attached to Akuma, but he couldn't bear to let anything happen to the kid. It was strange. When Akuma asked him, 'Why do you always help?' Nick had to think about it for a moment before he replied. "I just like to help people is all." he said unsure.

Kat bowed her head to Darkness. "Thank you, I appreciate your help Darkness. Although I hope there is no need for your help I'm glad for the offer. I will keep you in mind." She said curtly to the black dragon and then set off in the direction that Darkness had pointed. It wasn't long before she arrived at a house. She couldn't tell if anyone was home but she could tell that it was clearly human built. It made sense, Chi was half human after all, why wouldn't she associate with other humans. Plucking up her courage she strode up to Dion's door and rapped her claws against it mimicking the human action of knocking. This left little claw marks in the wood.

In the moment of silence that followed Kat felt increasingly worried about this course of action. She didn't have to bid Chi farewell. What if the human that lived here was really cruel...what if they killed Chi!? The thoughts plaguing her mind caused Kat to start backing away from the door, ready to run for her life if the need arose.

((Dunno if anyone's home. If this posts screws with any posts prior please let me know and I will edit to better suite the RP))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Let's just get to the part where Yuuki wraps all the wounds and Atlas is ready to take Henry to the city. That way we won't have to keep typing very short posts.))

'Hm?' Atlas thought that the girl needed something when she said 'Uhhh'. The magi was asked to lower herself down a bit, so that the girl could reach. "Sure thing," Atlas replied and she pressed herself down to the ground in an almost laying position, so that the bandages can be wrapped around without the ground getting in the way..

Akuma looked at Nick's hand and looked away again. He tensed up, embarrassed again when Nick said he had lied before. It was much harder to dislike someone when they always helped you. He finally took the hand, letting Nick help him up. Akuma looked at the ground. He was struck with a sense of guilt for nipping at Nick so much. He'd tried to make the mage mad at him before, but it seemed to have backfired at his best. Akuma edged forward and lightly pressed his forehead to Nick's chest. He wasn't one to say 'sorry' and rather to rely on gestures. Mostly because he'd been around dragons much more than he had humans. Dragons used nudges much more it seemed.

The door to Dion's house opened slowly. Dion looked out, mostly expecting Albel. He breathed a quiet sight of relief when it turned out to be someone else. He stared blankly for a moment before catching himself, "Oh... hello. Can I help you?" he asked. After last night, he was a little weary of dragon visitors but this ones seemed docile... at the time.

Nick's eyes widened in surprise when Akuma leaned against him. It seemed so uncharacteristic for Akuma, and he didn't expect it. Poor kid Nick thought to himself as he pulled the young hybrid into a comforting embrace, returning the gesture. "The whole worlds not against you, you know that right? There are people out there who care. The trick is finding them. After that everything gets easier."He let the hug last for a few more seconds before breaking it. Pulling away he looked down at Akuma. "Listen, I don't hold anything against you, Dion told me a bit about your past. Just know that if you ever need anything, you can count on me, okay?" he assured Akuma in a gentle tone. "You going to be alright?" Nick prodded.

Akuma resisted the urge to go limp as he was suddenly embraced. It felt nice to be hugged again. Dion semi offered at times, but didn't usually accept it, pushing him away instead. It seemed easier to keep people out. And yet, it felt better to have physical affection. There was something programmed into their bodies for it. He sighed quietly as Nick spoke. So Dion had told him about his past? He was glad his face was hidden. He looked down at the ground as Nick pulled him away. He wondered if that were true. So many people and dragons hated hybrids. And yet there were a few that helped. So it is.. he thought. He stirred slightly at Nick's address. "...Mmm" he hummed in agreement, nodding. Akuma looked over at Chi's house. Perhaps he'd stay there tonight after all. That is, hoping Albel didn't find another excuse to come after him. He'd scuffled with Albel before and quickly discovered the difference between a dud and streamlined hybrid. A mistake he didn't plan to make again. Akuma pulled away and half-waddled to the ladder. Rika had already climbed up the ladder and was inside. Akuma reached the top and entered inside. It was a small house. There was a kitchen and pantry off to one side with an assortment of herbs and potions in glass bottles along shelves. There was a sitting area in the middle, and a bed off to the other side. Another door led to a small bathroom. The floors and walls were wooden. An area rug decorated the sitting area.