SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth | OOC •

Rakushun is a bit of an oddball character for me to play since he doesn't usually speak, think to himself (like the others), or does he normally express himself. Even then he can't fully express or explain himself, for his magic is already unstable as is. In the post I just did he's not actually speaking because a blob can not speak. I wanted to keep his narrative unique in that I try to avoid Rakushun use I, me, or anything that shows a sense of self therefore you see his posts containing him referring to himself by his name.

Just wanted to clarify that Rakushun is NOT actually speaking (not even in his head, he's not conscious) and I do not normally italicize Rakushun nor have I ever until this post since it and the next blob post are an exception. He's a highly experimental character for me since I've never done a narrative like his before so if you guys have any advice for me to make his narrative better, let me know.

Results of the poll:

Needed: 4

Not Needed: 9

Wanted: 6

Not Wanted: 7

In the poll, it is shown that a majority of people do not think the wiki is needed and, by just one part off, do not want it/do not care if its made or not.

There you have it folks, no wiki.

Personal opinion time:

I think a wiki for TPE is not needed under any circumstances, nor do I want one. Sure, I would very much enjoy working on it if we had one, but I still don't think a wiki is necessary. In all honesty, I think the people who thought it was needed had very poor excuses for it. (No offense)

The main reason for it being "needed" was so people could find the size chart, shipping wall, kill chart, and etc easier.

Well gee, I wonder where you could find those things.

This was mentioned before. We did say in the OOC where all of the links were. We apologize if you didn't see that post, but maybe you should look around a bit before assuming something isn't there.

The second reason for the wiki being needed was to see what certain characters had done. Nothing important happened to them besides what is on Tala's Master Recap. All major events are on there. As for more of the minor things, yes, you will have to go looking through TPE for those events. Or, you could, I don't ask, PM someone and ask them a question if there is something you want to know about their character. It isn't that hard and, while some of us won't be able to respond immediately, we will respond eventually.

Now, onto the people who wanted it.

Wanting is fine. I can see why people would want it. Most of the reasons for wanting it are listed up above, but there were some valid reasons. Sadly, I can't see people taking much advantage of the wiki. If they really want to know someone's history, just go read through TPE. There isn't anything special that happened to them that you need to know. This isn't a story that NEEDS a wiki, and for a good reason.

TPE does not need a wiki. A wiki would help and provide easier access to character's history, but it is not needed. I see no reason to create a wiki if we do not need it. It seems like extra stress we all don't need. Now before you say, "She doesn't know what she's talking about." yes, I do know what I'm talking about. Bacon brought up the idea of the wiki a month or two later after the DD wiki is made. Unlike TPE, DD has lore and SIX, count them, six RPs that are included in it. There is a history planned and many important events scattered throughout the story. There is no master recap, size chart, kill chart, shipping wall, and so on. A wiki is needed for people to understand all of DD, even for those who are already in it. Bacon took the idea from the DD wiki and brought it up here. It was shot down, of course, but for a good reason. TPE does not, and may never, need a wiki. Unless a good reason for a wiki to be needed arises, TPE will stay without a wiki.

(Oh, and don't try to make one of your own. You're not allowed to make a wiki. End of story. We can't even make such a big decision until Spirit comes back. She'll be the one to allow it or not.)

Thanks for the poll and poll results, Doctor. ^^

Basically, I do agree with Doctor, though for some different reasons, and also found the idea of a wiki unnecessary (just because I suggested the idea originally doesn't mean I truly thought we needed it, past and present).

And yes, I do have an OP. It's on the first page, just below Wolfe's OPs. I created it with the intention of clearing things up, making information organized, and keeping characters sheets and such accessible. Hopefully that clears up any future questions about where to find stuff; if something is important or brought up many times, I'll put it there.

Just on the mention of Wolfe, when do you think she'll be back? I forgot why she said she and to take a haiatus. >.<

Just on the mention of Wolfe, when do you think she'll be back? I forgot why she said she and to take a haiatus. >.<

I presume it had to do with schooling. I don't know when she will be back, nor does anyone else. It's possible that she could be gone forever, and it's just as possible that she could return tomorrow.

Edit: Doctor beat me to the punch. ninja.gif

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Just for fun, I made a little relationship chart featuring every romance listed on the wall. Here it is with a light background. I will possibly be changing the arrows to reflect either one-sided or mutual relationships.

Soon I'm going to make individual character ones featuring all sorts of relationships, so if your character is on the Wall and you want me to make one, feel free to ask! happy.gif

And I will get to posting with my characters hopefully by Wednesday.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Done with my tank posts.

KN, What do you think of how I'm acting out Spira? (I have to keep asking every now and then since she's not my chara) I'm trying hard to allow her to transition from her old personality into one that is more responsible, more improved while still trying to retain what makes Spira who she is. I STILL feel like I'm being too dramatic with her… =w= This question is open to everyone who knew Spira when KN was controlling her; how am I doing as Spira/a Spira who wants to change? Anything I can do to improve or am I going the right direction? Of course what KN told me she wants with Spira still takes priority, but it doesn't hurt for others' opinions.

Spira is waaaaaaay too different now than she was before. She was much more independent and not self sacrificing. She honestly didn't care much about other people too much and was a bit demanding. She is getting too dramatic as well. Not to mention, she doesn't she herself as being a leader at all. She was one of the first to run away from the birth cave and she doesn't intend, to my knowledge, to stay there.

My advice is you work on Spira's personality before you even dare think about the love interest with Favian. She won't see him anytime soon, and she needs to be fixed.

What Doctor said is right, though I'd like to say that I see her taking a bit of behind-the-scenes/yelling and being rude to people responsibility. Not a lot, mind you, but a little. She'll help out if things are in too much chaos, mostly to help Favian and keep the cave alive, but once it's over, she'll leave again.

If you don't mind, I could do a post as Spira to show you what I mean?

ouuhh, oki. THIS is why I want to check in, perhaps I wasn't checking in enough. Go ahead KN.

Doc, if you were to describe Spira's personality, tell me… What kind of japanese theme song (or any other, I just prefer japanese/instrumental) do you think she would have? Right now I have "Don't Speak Her Name!" from Fire Emblem Awakening that KN said was the image that she wanted Spira to have a while ago, but if I've been doing it wrong this entire time I should perhaps have a different theme. After all, it helps me stay in character/come up with ideas for the character. I do that with all my characters and without it I'd be at a loss (well, mostly anyways, its just something to draw inspiration from.)

Edited by Taleena Fuka

Japanese theme? I know no music that can fit Spira. If you want to know how she is so badly, then either go back and read Spira's posts or go onto chat so I can explain in further detail.

Gah, fine then. I'll come onto the chat another day though, I need to get back to my animation. Until I do, I'll refrain from posting as Spira since a theme is something I consider important.

Eh, sorry, Tala. At that point, I thought it fit, but after a while, I started thinking it felt too... desperate? Sad? I honestly don't know, and I never really got around to telling you.

I don't really think like you, Tala. I have no idea how a theme song will work. I honestly think going through a reading Spira's posts is the best thing you can do at the moment.

Alright, alright. Skimming through the RP all over again doesn't sound TOO bad.

But for now… Main points that I've gotten so far are:

-Helps only when things get TOO out of hand when cave or Favian related, otherwise minds her own business (Spira, maybe this be why you have no friends ;n; )

-independent, not self-sacrificing= …loner and therefore must rely on herself. Strong sense of "I'll do this on my own."

-Despite being a loner, will time to time get lonely and wanting friendships she can count on. However, its not easy for her to make friends?

-Thinks of herself, can be rude, insensitive and selfish time to time, runs away from problems/avoids them when possible or when someone else can fix it

…My shipping/Spira enthusiasm is going down… *sob* I might end up giving Spira back to KN if I can't get her down/if I no longer want to play as her. It'll take a lot for me to concede to the latter though, I'm usually stubborn (unless KN does want her back.)

Its really weird though, I know I saw Spira post something along the lines of "wanting" to be a leader if no one else was going to do it really early in the RP- of course I think she only meant it half-heartly to not meaning it but still.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

That was when she just hatched.

But actually, your points were quite accurate. On thing I want to say is that - though I didn't convey this well - Spira does actually like the company of others, just not all the time. One or two close friends is something she'd be most comfortable with, and though she's a loner, she can get lonely.

I probably should of mentioned this earlier, but I seem to have forgotten. Before the apps were closed, I was helping Krono on getting a character accepted, and now that the apps are closed, she can't really get accepted. Would she still be able to get the character accepted if she was planning to send it before the apps closed or can she not despite her already finishing the character and needing to just send the app in.

(I checked it before the apps closed and I saw nothing wrong with it. I'm pretty sure it's 100% okay, but I'm not sure if she can get accepted now since the apps closed, despite the character being finished before the apps closed.)

Edited by Doctortear

If Krono would still like for the character to be accepted and roleplayed (her last post was over two weeks ago), I see no problem with allowing her this one time. However, this is a special case and will be treated as such, meaning that we will still not allow other characters.

Also, could you please message me the form?

Edited by Bacon_Strips

As some of you might know, I have a liking to make plots to advance the story. Unlike my previous plot, I will allow this plot to be more open to the public. I won't tell anyone what the plot is unless they PM me, but I will set up the requirements for joining the plot in case any of you are interested.

• You must not tell anyone else of this plot.
  • You must make plans to make a new character. (Keep in mind new characters won't be accepted for awhile.)
  • Your character must be deformed in some way.
  • Your character must have some sort of power.
  • Your character cannot be immune to the plague or have any special resistance to diseases.
  • You cannot make a completed request breed.
  • Your character cannot be a water breed.
  • Your character cannot be a breed that can't live in the forest.
  • Your character cannot be a breed that lives their entire flying and never touching the ground.
  • You cannot use a Spriter's Alt.
  • Your character cannot have their powers and mental abilities fully dependent on them being a certain age. (For example, their power cannot only work when they're an adult or mature hatchling. The power may grow in power as they grow older or vice versa, but it cannot only be used when they are an adult.)
If you're interested in advancing the plot of TPE and willing to make another character to do so, then go ahead and PM me. Remember, you are not allowed to tell anyone of this plot, even if you decide not to join as it will ruin the surprise. If the contents of this plot is told, entrances to join this plot will be closed and the plot itself will be rewritten. I will make sure to never ask things on the OOC again as I would know I can't trust certain people. Plot points such as this will be closed to everyone expect to a select few. Try not to ruin everyone's chances of having a part in this, okay?

@Bacon

Krono said she'll give me the character sheet as soon as she gets back to a computer.

Edited by Doctortear

I apologize for not posting, while I have time to be online, I'm too busy to sit down, focus, and write a post. I will post as soon as I can, hopefully tonight.

Sorry I haven't been onli- oh wow there's not much goin on? What, is it the time if year when the sat tests or what not is going around or just so much school/ life like me?

Ill try to post either very late tonight or sometime during the weekend, may e update the past recap.

Being gracious, I'd say school/schoolwork is the main cause of the lack of recent posting.