MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

Zeke came out of his yoga class feeling fantastic. He never knew that a little stretching could make him feel so calm. He always laughed at the other Walkers that took part of the pack's yoga classes. He snagged his lunch from his locker and went to the courtyard. Finding a new guy in his usual place, he sat down across from him. He popped open his metal lunch box and pulled out a whole deer steak, "Good afternoon friend, How is your first day going?", he asked, taking a bite of his lunch.

((As Zeke talking to Dylan?))

Nathan cheered up a bit when he was asked the question. 'Well, silversmithing is pretty much blacksmithing, except you only use silver, and sometimes other precious metals, like gold and stuff. My gauntlets were made by a Tuatha De Danann silversmith, so I've always wanted to try it out for myself!' he replied in one breath with a grin.

Zloko was running as fast as he could away from a rather angry naga. Turns out, he was less tolerant than the neko had been when he bumped into him, and was now trying to "erase" him. His eyes darted around, looking for a way out. This naga was amazingly fast, and he knew his bite was probably packed with venom. He needed an escape route, and fast.

That's when he spotted a girl with minty green hair. She seemed to have an electronic device on her, a phone perhaps? It didn't matter, she was his way out. Quickly, the cybermorph feigned running behind her before pixelating, disappearing, then reappearing in the digital realm inside the electronic. Once inside, he collapsed onto his back, catching his breath. That naga sure gave him a run for his money there.

The girl blinked. "Dang that sounds really hard," she said. "I don't think I'd be any good honestly... I don't even know what 'Tuatha De Danann' means," she added picking at the picnic table a but and fixing her glasses.

Nathan smiled again. 'It's my species ... We're kind of like Irish ... fairies ... Well, I say "Irish", we actually invaded Ireland in the Age of Bronze, from our Four Cities in the West. We were the fifth group to invade, and took the land from the Fir Bolg - kind of ... Irish giants. Again, I use the word "Irish" very loosely ...'

Already speechless from the venison slab that the guy had pulled out of his lunchbox, Dylan had to try again to talk. 'It's gone okay ... Bit of a strange school, though, huh? I'm Dylan, by the way.'

'Have you seen a vampire with mid-length black hair around here? He keeps following me and creeping me out.'

"You're a fairy? That is pretty, well, adorable," she said with a small laugh and covered her smile a bit. She propped her head up with both hands now. "And really interesting too. What exactly is it that you can do, may I ask?" she said, blue eyes just filled with curiosity.

Finally deciding on where to sit, Silke settled in a corridor. She saw no busy classrooms nearby, and decided this would, most probably, be the best place for her. It was quiet and she was left in peace.

Zeke chuckled, "Vamps don't tend to get along with me very well", "He said, "But that particular one tends to...play for the other team". He took another huge bite of the rare steak, "And I'm not surprised he is aiming for you, you have that whole innocent soft lamb thing going on", he said, "Vamps tend to go for the weaker one in the pack."

'Hey!' Dylan objected. 'I'm not weak! Just cos ... I'm new and actually human and stuff, doesn't make me weak. Hell, I could be a vampire slayer for all you know. And you do mean "the other team"?' After a moment of thought, Dylan realised what he meant. 'Oh ...'

Nathan looked confused. 'What do you mean "what do we do?"? We ... exist ...?'

"Yeah but you're a magical creature right?" she said tilting her head. "Doesn't that mean that you'd have some kind of magical ability? I mean that's what separates Humans and Magical creatures right?"

Aidrian glanced outside as he circled this hallway for the second time and rolled his eyes a bit. Of course Zeke would have been the one the new boy would start talking to. He'd never been fond of the skinwalker 'dog,' if he'd had a tail it'd have been swishing in irritation. He watched them for a while, standing in shadowed part of the view, and then sighed a bit. Well now he was jealous of many things..

Well, at least the asrai would have thought that up to the point Zloko reappeared next to her, no longer needing the safety of her electronic. Still, though she was a traditional monster, he felt as if he didn't have to worry about her attacking him. As long as he didn't say anything stupid, he supposed. "Don't mind me," he said, scootching a little ways away and pulling the flash drive off of his neck. "I just had to hide in there for a moment. I didn't touch a thing."

With that, he took the cap off of the flash drive, revealing the USB port. Then, he pulled out of it what could only be described as raw code. It was a lime green ball of woven-together letters and numbers, and it had a slight glow to it. He then proceeded to eat it, seemingly enjoying the taste.

Zeke chuckled again, "Yeah you are. It's not suppose to be an insult, It's just how the food chain is", he said with a shrug, "So what is a human doing on this school...or this realm for that matter?"

Tsuki was walking past Zeke when she heard the question. She glanced to the human and snarled. "Who cares what a human is doing here, as long as they leave or die soon," she hissed, stopping to glare at both of them. Kashamire suddenly jumped on her from behind, arms around her neck.

"Lighten up, Tsukiko-chan!" he chirped, "Hi thar, human, Zekeko-kun, how'd you do, nya~?" Suddenly, he was thrown onto the floor by a bristling Tsuki, her ears out, pinned against her head and her tail lashing back and forth angrily. Kashamire jumped up, a grin on his face. "Owie, Tsukiko-chan! Don't do that, nya~!"

Zeke glanced up, "Shut it, censorkip.gif*cat", he barked, " Your messing with the wrong wolf."When a much friendlier bakeneko surprised them all, he merely [[inched the bridge of his nose, "Not this one", he muttered.

"You're the one who should shut it, human-loving, filthy mutt! You don't even acknowledge your yokai heritage. And you," Tsuki rounded on Kashamire who winced. "You're a disgrace to our kind and my family!" she hissed, eyes glowing, "I can't believe you became a Maneki neko... Have you forgotten what turned us into yokai in the first place?!" Then, Tsuki turned, casting one last disdainful glance at them, and left. Kashamire watched her leave sadly before sighing and letting a hollow smile take his face.

"Sorry about my sister. She's just... bitter?" it came out more as a question. He then turned to Dylan with a friendly smile, "Anyways, I'm Kashamire Hisakata, nya, you can call me Koko-kun. What's your name, nya~?"

Edited by SoiledLove

Dylan answered Zeke, with a simple shrug. 'I thought it was a normal high school: my parents moved, and this was the most prestigious school near our house, and when they found out they had dorms - I was shipped off.'

When the nekos came over, Dylan was struck silent. How could monsters hate humans so much? Thank God he had Zeke on his side. 'Um .. hi ... Koko-kun,' Dylan replied hesitantly. The name just seemed so strange ... 'I'm Dylan, Dylan Pagan.'

Nathan thought about it for a second. 'Well ... I guess the Tuatha are just like superhumans ... kind of. We can use magic, we use magical weapons, we're faster, stronger and more agile than humans, and a lot more skilled. No offense ...'

((If you haven't realized already, Kashamire has the habit of adding 'ko' (for 'cat') and 'kun'/'chan' (depending on the gender) to everyone's names))

"Nice to meet you, Dylanko-kun, nya~!" Kashamire replied eagerly before sticking out his hand, "Let's be friends, nya, Dylanko-kun? If you're wondering why Tsukiko-chan hates humans so much, well, let's just say it's the same for most bakenekos. While most yokai bare ill intent towards humans just because they want to, nekomatas have a good reason for their hatred, even if it is a little exaggerated. I'm not like that though; my job is to bring wealth and prosperity to anyone I favor! So, we can be friends if you want, nya!"

"Daaaang son. None taken. That's pretty cool, I think a lot of guys I know would be jealous of the enhanced speed and strength stuff," she commented with a shrug and chuckle. "So what are your interests then? Shakespear and..?"

Aidrian 'ugh'ed slightly to himself as the Bakeneko came over now too. He wasn't fond of them either. That 'Tsuki's hatred of humans seemed to be without reason, and Kishamire reminded him of - well - a kitten, whom he had no patience for. There really were few people he did like, he huffed to himself beginning to wander the halls again.

Well, at least the asrai would have thought that up to the point Zloko reappeared next to her, no longer needing the safety of her electronic. Still, though she was a traditional monster, he felt as if he didn't have to worry about her attacking him. As long as he didn't say anything stupid, he supposed. "Don't mind me," he said, scootching a little ways away and pulling the flash drive off of his neck. "I just had to hide in there for a moment. I didn't touch a thing."

With that, he took the cap off of the flash drive, revealing the USB port. Then, he pulled out of it what could only be described as raw code. It was a lime green ball of woven-together letters and numbers, and it had a slight glow to it. He then proceeded to eat it, seemingly enjoying the taste.

((Wait, you meant Silke? O.o He would have had no way of knowing she had green hair, unless he had x-ray vision O.o x) ))

Silke blinked at the- ever so slightly creepy -boy who had appeared beside her. She had sworn she had put her phone away... Who was this guy anyway? What the hell was he doing with the USB port? He seemed familiar somehow- maybe he was in one of her classes? "Uhh..."

((n'aww, aidrian's jealous))

It took a moment for Dylan to realise that "Dylanko-kun" was him, but when asked if he wanted to be friends, he shook the neko's hand and smiled. 'I need all the friends I can get if I'm gonna survive this year. And wealth and prosperity doesn't sound bad either ...'

Nathan smiled. 'Well ... I guess I like everything,' he shrugged. 'I've been a part of most clubs at school, so I guess there's nothing I dislike ... except potatoes ... since the Potato Famine. Since we lived through it, and most of those who did are still alive, we kind of don't eat them at all. Plus, they're really weird, aren't they?'

"Potatoes?" she chuckled. "I guess so, though personally that's not really something I think about. Some of my friends from other schools think potato should be a gender for reasons I don't quite understand." She shrugged and had another bite of her sandwich.

((He's so jealous man like yeah))

"Great!" Kishamire chirped, glomping Dylan with his ears and tail appearing, his collar came out, too. He pulled away and beamed. "I'm a beckoning cat, a Maneki neko! You can find clay Maneki nekos in shops and stuff, China and Japan sell a lot, nya. And, don't worry, yokai won't bother you if you have a friend with a... pure-breeding or powerful lineage, even though I'm not a nekomata like the rest of my family."

Laughing uncomfortably when he got glomped, Dylan smiled sympathetically and replied, 'Thanks. And, um ... I'm not really like my family either, so ... I know where you're coming from ...'

Nathan laughed, before getting to his feet and grabbed the remaining leaflets. 'Well, I gotta get getting on, see in English,' he smiled, before slapping a leaflet onto a minotaur's massive chest and walking away.