MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

Zloko raised his hand, a mischievous smirk on his face. He loved messing with the teachers, it made him happy. "Should I leave then? After all, I am an electronic of sorts," he trilled, his voice taunting and singsong in nature. It was in his code to cause mayhem, and so was his mission. The year before, he'd played an X-rated video on the projector in the classroom of the teacher he hated most. He was never caught, though most of the students knew.

Edited by Drako_tamer

(yes, it is in a separate, parallel world to the mortal world, but it can be accessed through certain "points of contacts" aka POCs)

The teacher smiled back. 'You know as well as I do that you're being watched by senior staff members, Zloko. And the Crown Council are easily swayed when it comes to terminating New Age monsters like you, so sit tight and enjoy your high school career.' She then proceeded to chalk down quotes from a mortal playwright. Some guy called Shakespeare. It was a stupid name.

Nathan got out his notebook and pen and copied the quote. Then added another note: "Say hi to new transfer student in the row behind me and to the right. He looks sad". He then turned around and quickly waved to the tall, tanned boy and smiled widely. Dylan looked around confused and gave an awkward, uncomfortable wave back.

Oh good Shakespear, at least this was something Carola knew about. She copied down notes, seemingly forgetting about her initial nervousness.

Aidrian watched the class lazily, half asleep. Though he did take note of that Nathan kid waving to one of the new students. It made him chuckle a bit; at least there was someone friendly in the school to help new kids out.

Zloko rolled his eyes. How could the virus forget? Besides, he still didn't have his answer. "Killjoy," he grumbled, picking up his pencil and jotting down the information. Geez, this Shakespeare guy was boring. He'd much rather be hacking the security system again. That was fun. Eventually, he ended up doodling pictures of himself devouring the various teachers. Dang, he was hungry. He could use a light snack, maybe some spam e-mails.

Edited by Drako_tamer

((A timeskip to after the lesson, methinks

LET'S DO THE TIMEWARP AGAAAIAIIIIIIIIINKINNINNNNNNNN))

'And I expect that work Shakespeare to be done by next Monday. You have the entire weekend to do it. No excuses. No homework equals detention. Even for you Zloko ... Class dismissed.'

As the students filed out of the classroom, Nathan managed to catch Dylan by the shoulder and gave him the usual, saccharine-sweet Nathan greeting, complete with crazed smile and all. It took a few minutes to get rid of the kid, but he apparently had to check the club-signup board to see if any were open yet. Dylan was left outside of the classroom, bewildered.

(Its just a pelvic thrust, it really drives me insane! Let's do the time warp again! Its just a slide to the left (just a slide to the left) and a slide to the right, and bend your knees in time! Let's do the time warp againnn!))

Aidrian was next to pester Dylan. "You look like you just saw a ghost," the vampire commented with a small smirk. "Don't worry about it, you'll get used to it here soon." He brushed some black hair from his yellow eyes and flashed the other boy a smile. Something about this new student didn't smell right...

Carola headed out, and down the hall, chewing her lip slightly as she tried to figure out where she was supposed to go next.

((omfg I missed you mendez xd.png))

Something about the black-haired guy made adrenaline shoot through his veins. He wasn't sure if it was his yellow eyes or if it was his deadly confident or something, but Dylan knew that he didn't really want to be around him very much ... Thank God next period is an elective ...

It had turned out that the only club signup sheet on the board was from last year. And it was a club he had already joined and chaired and quit. Though, that was what Nathan did with most clubs. He joined them, became great at them, got elected the chair, then got bored and left, or just left at the end of the year. Consistency was boring and predictable. Probably because it was consistent. But not it was time for an elective, and Nathan had elected swordsmanship. It was the only club/class that he had stayed with all these years, and he'd be lying if he said it wasn't because of his father ...

((Now choose your pastime!! And remember, this is a school for monsters, so I'm hoping we're not all gonna be swimming and doing home ec. dry.gif ))

((Archery for Carola totally, and maybe some kind of language or writing for Aidrian? Not sure yet))

The vampire raised an eyebrow, recognizing the smell as the other boy's pulse picked up. 'A human, of course,' he thought to himself and smiled a bit more. "What's the matter young man?" he asked innocently, leaning a bit closer and giving the boy a smile that showed his fangs. "Have you never met a vampire before?"

Meanwhile the rather awkward auburn haired girl was once again lost and mad. "Ughhh, why can't everything be where it should be," Carola said to herself in irritation, dragging a hand through her short bangs and placing them out of her vision.

Zloko didn't hear the teacher. He had fallen fast asleep, and only lifted his hea when he noticed the others leaving. Being in this world was a tiring process. "Huh? Ok, whatever you say Ms. Whatsyerface. I'm out," he said, picking his stuff up and making a hasty exit. Finally, he could stretch his legs again. Still, his eyes were dim from just waking up, and it took them a minute to return to their full brightness.

Walking over to the elective sheet, he quickly jotted his name down in the dark arts club. He would've signed up for programming, but the rules clearly stated "...and by no means should Zlokoban be allowed to join." Whatever. They were all cowards. Besides, if allowing him to join in the dark arts wasn't the biggest oversight in their solar system, he didn't know what was.

Grinning, he noticed that the New Age techniques elective was still open. Since his was only an emerging breed, it wasn't mandatory. However, he knew it would be in time. So he jotted his name down there too.

Finally the girl found the sign-up board. 'God I hope everything else isn't this level of ugh to find,' she thought to her and scanned the sheets. She'd just sign up for anti-bullying or safe spaces or any of her usual clubs like she had last year. Easy as pie; only...

Carola swore, none too quietly, as it seemed all her usual electives were either filled or unavailable. "Well now what?" she asked herself, crossing her arms and taking no notice of the student beside her.

Edited by ktav13

Glancing over to the space beside him, Zloko noticed the girl standing there. He could tell she was human and grinned at the sight. Oh, humans. Always so easy to scare, it delighted him. Flattening his ears against his head, he put on his best psycho grin. "Hello," he purred, tilting his head slightly. "Having trouble there?"

The girl blinked and looked over, blinking again at the crazy grin that met her. "Erm kinda," she replied looking back at the board. Carola tucked some hair behind her ear - though it just fell back to it's previous place - and gestured to the bored. "It's nothing I can't handle though. I've just got to decide which of these things I know nothing about to choose as my elective." She sighed and grumbled something to herself about how she hated new schools.

The virus's grin only became more malicious. So, she was a new kid and a human? Fascinating. He could work with this kid. "Yes, that is quite the dillemma," he muttered, pretending to scan the board for clubs. He already knew which one he was going to point out, and subsequently did. "You could try programming. I wanted to myself, but alas, they won't allow me to join. It's a shame, really." He feigned a look of sorrow, sighing out of a mixture of fake and real remorse at the poster. In truth, even if it were only to wreak havoc, Zloko wanted to take part in that class. "I've enrolled in the dark arts club. Maybe that'll help fill the void."

Carola tsked slightly. "Honestly I don't think I'd be any good at it, it seems really boring and tedious," she replied. She scanned the board some more. Maybe she could join quoir? Or even archery? "Say is there any number of these that we need or is it just one?" she asked, looking over at him.

Edited by ktav13

Zloko frowned. Great, now he had no access to the computer labs. Oh well, can't have your cake and eat it too, he supposed. Still, that comment on programming being boring hit a sore spot, putting him on the defensive. "Hey, y'know, good things can come out of it!" he half-growled, his eyes narrowing into slits as he proceeded to answer her questions. "I think one elective is required, but I'm not sure. I never pay attention to these things."

"Well of course I know that," she replied. "Society is pretty much consumed by it. We rely on it for most our technology, and if the technology fails people panic." She shrugged. "I personally find that boring though, so I have no interest. I believe you should follow what interests you if you want to succeed." She tapped her chin in thought, studying the forms some more and then digging out a pen. "I think I'll go for archery since there's only one then," Carola said, more to herself and scribbled down her signature.

((Pfft, Carola doesn't get it.))

Zloko rolled his eyes, though he did appreciate the subsequent praise for his origin that this human spouted out. Now he was slowly starting to remember why he hated humans especially; they were all so ignorant! Come to think of it, everyone around him was a little ignorant and spiteful. Maybe even he was. Though, he doubted it. In any case, he was feeling lenient, and wanted to give the human another shot. "Archery, huh? Whatever floats your boat, I suppose," he shrugged, suddenly remembering something important. "So, you got a name?"

((No she doesn't~ She's an oblivious human~))

"I've never tried it before so I'm not sure how great it'll be. But a little exercise can't hurt," she commented, tapping her pen against her chin. At his question she replied, "Carola Maria Alvena," and smiled slightly. "But some people call me Charles or even Crayola." She shrugged and put her pen back in her bag. "I don't really mind. But anyway, your name would be?"

Carola, huh? What a strange name. Though, the virus supposed that his may have sounded a bit stranger in comparison. "Name's Zlokoban, but everyone around here just calls me Zloko," he replied, a sly smile slipping onto his features. "From your obliviousness and curiosity, I take it you're a human?" The words came out as more of a question than a statement. He was pretty good at nailing down species, but hey, he was wrong when he thought Zeke was human.

"Zloko," she repeated, doing her best to say it right. The girl hesitated, suddenly wary at his question. "Yes..." she replied, standing a little straighter. "And you're not?" Carola suddenly felt very much that she was on defense. She'd thought there was something about this place that was... 'off' but she hadn't been paying enough attention to the people around her to notice. She cursed herself a little for that, but hey she hadn't expected anything to be out of the ordinary.

"Well, no," he shrugged, not thinking anything o the question at first. "I'm what they call a "Cybermorph". You know Trojan viruses? I'm one of 'em." Just then, he realized two things. One, he was actually socializing, and two, this human was three times more oblivious than he once thought. "Waaaait. You never suspected anything before?" he asked, taking a few seconds' pause before doubling over in hysterics. This was the funniest thing that he'd heard since the principal said that Internet Explorer was a secure web browser! "Oh jeez, that's rich! I knew humans were generally oblivious, but you just set the bar a bit higher!"

((Zloko you jerk, shuddup.))

Carola huffed at him, crossing her arms and tapping her foot in annoyance. "Hey it's not my fault. It's not like I was told or even vaguely prepared and all like 'Oh no I'm going to a school of monsters!'" She turned away slightly. "I meant I had a bit of a gut feeling about this place, but I was too freaked out by all the things that need to be done to give it any mind." She sighed a little and rubbed her neck. "But beside the matter," she said and turned back to him. "What in the world am I doing in a school for monsters anyway?"

((I like him, he entertains me))

Zeke adjusted his sling bag and stepped between Zloko and the girl who smelled delicious, "E'scuse", he said with his normal quirk, "Need to sign up somewhere". He scanned the lists and sighed. Everything was either too easy or not his style. His eyes settled on a particular pastel yellow sheet and he grinned. He wrote Ezekiel Warr on the yoga sign-up sheet and stepped back. He grinned and slapped Zloko on the shoulder playfully, "Would you quit tormenting the girl", he said, "her heart is racing already from the realization".

Zloko chuckled, shrugging and putting a clawed hand to his chest as he slowly calmed down. The virus could feel tears coming to his eyes from the sheer intensity of his prior laughter, and he used his other hand to wipe them away. "C'mon Zeke, you know that was funny," he chuckled, pretty much out of breath now. "Anyhow, I'm not quite sure why you're here. Your guess is as good as mine. I'm kinda shocked they let me, a New Age, in. We aren't exactly thought highly of... But that's another topic entirely."

Edited by Drako_tamer