MendezLightning

INFERNO HIGH - PERFECT TIME TO JOIN!

((Whoops. Um... I really need to read things more carefully.))

Zloko quickly noticed the girl's staring and 'um'ing, narrowing his eyes slightly out of irritation. For some reason, this behavior bothered him more when he was practically alone with her. "What?" he asked, holding up the half-eaten ball of code. "I'm eating. I had no clue it was so fascinating."

Silke quickly moved her gaze. She'd never actually met one of the newer monsters. She'd only really heard of them. She certainly hadn't thought she'd be in the same class as one. Talk about awkward. Why exactly had he hidden in her phone, anyway? Should she really trust him saying he did nothing to it? Silke wasn't sure, so decided to sit in silence for a while longer. She didn't trust herself not to just stare. It wasn't every day you met a monster who could move inside technology, and Silke was kind of in awe of anything that could stand sunlight. Basically, anything but vampires and other asrai.

((Don't think I have any problems- I'd wait for drako, though, he might want to do some more interacting between our two characters... I don't know x) ))

((TIME SKIP TO TONIGHT - this one won't be very long, seeing as they'll be going to bed soon anyway, but whatever))

Dylan sat on his bed and felt his feet sigh with relief. It had been a long, long first day. From homosexual vampires to finding out about vampires, it had just been draining, and he felt like his bones wouldn't move tomorrow morning. But it was only 7:00pm and he still hadn't finished his homework. Miss Webber was a cruel mistress ...

Nathan, however, was on his way home. It had taken much longer than he had thought to smith silver, let alone carry out admin for the rest of his clubs and societies. Yet, he was still smiling, even as the twilight around began to darken to dusk and the large, ornate streetlamps flickered on. Nathan had always liked the streetlamps in Inferno: they were old and large, and made of swirling black patterns that looked either like waves or flames.

Carola, likewise, relaxed with a sigh. She stretched at her desk, popping her back a bit, and getting up to get changed. She had finished her homework relatively quickly having already know the material. It'd been a pretty long day but not too terrible, she thought as she changed into pajamas.

Meanwhile while everyone was tired out and getting ready for bed Aidrian wandered the grounds. He still felt a bit sullen from earlier, though the cool night was calming. He walked with his hands in his pockets wondering what to do now. He wondered if the new kid was still up and after a moment found himself following his scent. It wasn't too long until he hung upside-down outside the boy's window and rapped lightly on the glass.

((Dorms right?))

Zeke was on one of the observation towers. His elbows were resting on the railing and he was looking out over the school thoughtfully. He loved the night air and the secret song the moon was singing. She was only half full but the tug of her magic was still pretty strong. If he was any younger he would have a hard time ignoring the little voice in his head that was telling him to go play. He instead watched the few people still walking around campus.

((yup))

Dylan went to change into his pyjamas, when he remember he still had his curtains open. Turning to close them, he almost popped a blood vessel from shock, when he saw the upside-down guy hanging outside of his window. Grabbing the curtains, he thought for a moment. Option A: close curtains, do homework, bed. Option B: confront him. Unfortunately, B tickled his fancy.

He opened his window and the night air flew in. 'Stop following me,' he said firmly.

"I don't really want to," he replied. The vampire sat down on the window ledge easily, being polite by not coming in but still making himself comfortable. "Though I do apologize for bothering you so late but..," he shrugged. "Vampires. What can you do." He stretched slightly and propped a foot against the sill, the other hanging over the edge.

"Besides young man, it's not like I've done anything to you. And vampires are a great source of protection, so honestly you should be happy I'm hanging around," he smiled. "What would happen if you accidently got someone angry one day and they wanted to mess up your pretty little face? I think they'd do much worse, whether they meant to or not."

((I kind if wanted to interact more with Silke... I'll just timeskip after this, I suppose.))

After the ball of code was polished off, Zloko sat in silence for a moment, organizing his thoughts. He needed to think of a survival strategy for the year, one that would keep the Crown from terminating him as soon as he left school. Then, he realized that he hadn't fully explained to the asrai why he was here. Turning to the creature, he tried to be friendly. After all, she didn't seem to be disgusted or angry at him. "I needed a refuge, okay? I was being chased, and you had somewhere I could hide," he half-growled, sighing when he realized how he sounded. "Look, we're getting off on the wrong foot here. You got a name?"

Silke gave a short laugh. "Wrong foot? Your telling me that was the wrong foot?" How was that the wrong foot? He hadn't done anything to hurt her, had he? It was just a bit awkward. So far, she saw nothing wrong with him. He needed somewhere to hide- she got that. Was that what new monsters called a bad start? She gave a sigh, glancing toward the window. Football games were in progress outside. She hated that game. "Silke, I'm called Silke."

Zloko put one hand behind his head. Really, he considered any encounter with a classic monster "off on the wrong foot", but he supposed his perception was warped. "The name's Zlokoban, but you can call me Zloko," he said, giving a slight nod of the head as a greeting. "And really, I'm kind of used to things getting off on the wrong foot. I dunno if anyone's told you, but monsters like me aren't really welcome in society."

He tightened his bandana a little and put the flash drive back around his neck. The virus wasn't used to being this friendly, and he didn't quite feel comfortable around this girl. Though, at least she seemed friendly. "I should probably get going. Maybe... Maybe we'll talk again. I mean, you're in my class after all," he muttered, seemingly having a hard time talking. This wasn't something he was used to. With that, he stood and began to walk away, his hands in his pockets.

((Ok, now I'll timeskip on my next post.))

'Look ... whatever your name is, I get that you're good protection and all, but you're barking up the wrong tree here, bud. I'm straight, so you can go and chase some other tail, okay?' Dylan went to close the window, before he realised that the vampire was in the way. 'D'you mind?'

The vampire laughed. "Oh I see, simply because I was admiring you think I'm simply chasing tail? That my only thought is my own lust?" He laughed again. "My dear naïve boy you shouldn't simply assume things, vampires are far more complicated than you realize. We do not simply "chase tail," as you put it."

As the human tried to have him move he simply made himself more comfortable and replied, "I do."

((Silke- here to make you feel awkward :3))

She gave a long, drawn-out sigh. Bed seemed like a good idea. Silke was surprised at how little people- monster or human -there were in the dormitories. The one she was in, she had only seen one other inhabitant, and even then Silke had only seen the auburn hair. With a sigh, she flopped down on the overly-springy mattress. Not as good as her normally bed, but it was OK.

Dylan didn't really know what to do. He'd changed into his PJs and go to bed, but the vamp wanted to see him change, no matter what he said. And he didn't want to just carry on with his homework: he wouldn't be able to concentrate on his work if the guy just kept looking at him. What can I do?

'I'll blow my rape whistle,' he shrugged.

The vampire laughed more and then stepped into the room. "Terrifying. And then what will you say is the source of said trauma?" he asked, leaning towards him slightly with a smile. The vampire snapped his fingers and with a slight 'pouf' he slipped easily into a his cat form. Black fur and amber eyes he licked his paw for a moment before starting to circle around the boy. "Because I'm sure they'll believe you when you say 'the cat did it'," he purred.

Zeke sighed. Naturally he was nocturnal but since a vast amount of species are active during the day, He was forced to dwell with the people of sunlight. It's not that he was uncomfortable in the day like some species, he just preferred the realm of darkness where he could see like he had headlights. He vaulted off of the deck and slid down the sloped roof of the dorm house. He dropped to the ground with a roll. He was going on a walk, maybe that would make him relax enough to go to bed.

((Nah, Zloko doesn't need Silke to be awkward. xd.png ))

Zloko was playing Minecraft on his computer, his disguise shed. This would've seemed perfectly normal... I be wasn't playing the game from within the virtual realm. Of course, he cheated more than a little, giving himself diamond tools and glitching the game around him. The Shakespeare homework? Totally forgotten. It had been left on his desk. Besides, building himself a fort of epic proportions was obviously more important.

Once he was bored with the game, he closed it out and looked down at the clock. Midnight already? With a sigh, he decided to leave the digital realm and let his disguise mask him once more. Since he wasn't "natural" per se, he had no internal clock. He slept when he was tired, and at that moment, he wasn't. So, he decided to take a walk around his street, keeping his guard up as he left the house. He wasn't fond of being jumped, and there were plenty I monsters willing to jump him, so he kept his senses on a hair trigger as he walked.

It became abundantly clear that Aidrian wasn't leaving, so Dylan simply turned silently and began his homework. He was familiar with the material, being a human and all. Finishing it, he simply took off his socks and shirt and went to bed in his jeans. There was no way in hell he was changing in front of the vampire, cat or not.

((Time skip to tomorrow morning?))

So the vampire stayed, only dozing a bit and wandering around in his cat form. Finally when he could hear birds beginning to sing he slipped back into his human form, leaning against the window sill to watch the sky before the sun rose. He was very quiet so he was sure he wouldn't wake up the sleeping human.

((Lame post is lame))

Groaning as the infernal sunlight hit his face, Dylan reluctantly opened his blue eyes and scanned the room. Yup. He's still here ... he rolled his eyes. 'So are you just gonna stay here to prove a point? Because even you follow me for the rest of my life, I don't swing your way.'

Nathan, however, was in a chipper mood today. But, then again, he was in a chipper mood every day. He smiled as he walked down the street, waving to the old, wrinkled Dryad on the corner, Mrs Cosmadopoulos, she waved back as she attended to her garden. Today seemed like another good, good day.

Too bad it wasn't going to be.