SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

"Yup, lucky me! And if I got poisoned, I could heal myself. Umm.. I think I can. Or we could ask a White Dragon. But, we should get more fish." Luye shrugged, hopping down from his perch and going over to the river. He soon scooped up a fish. "This is easy," he said, spotting another and flashing a paw.

(Beddy bye time xc)

(OOC: Um... You do know that Luye is in group Alpha, with Spira, right?...)

((OOC: Luye is in Favian's group. If Spira is in Favian's group then yes. I might of forgotten the names of the teams.))

user posted image

Ashni had piled up the moss into what could hopefully be organized into decently sized 'nests', but she was not quite sure how they were going to go about making the nests since it was not like any of them had ever done so before. 'Well, time for trial and error I guess. Besides, we can help each other out. It cannot be that hard, Ashni thought to herself before looking over to Sera and Cyrus.

"I can help move the eggs now since I think we got all the moss into piles. Just have to get the eggs onto the piles and then organize the moss to make sure the eggs are not going to somehow move," she'd say to the other hatchlings as she stood up on her hind-legs to move the eggs around. It was oddly easy for her to walk around on either all fours or just her back two, but she preferred already walking on all four. Maybe it was a Thunder Dragon thing? Not like there was another that she could ask.

((I think Thunder Dragons can walk around on their hind legs, but if I am wrong just point it out and I will just edit that. Since the whole hatchling picture looks like it implies they can and then their adult one does not show way either.))

((OOC: I'm pretty sure they can. But I think they would prefer to walk on all fours and I'm not sure if they call run on their hind legs.))

user posted image

Sera finished making her piles of moss. She listened to what Ashni had to say. "I think I have an idea on what a nest is suppose to look like." Sera pipped up. "The eggs underwater seemed to be on top of piles of...something. I'm sure I can recreate the shape of the nests for these eggs." Now that Sera thought about it, what was going to happen when one of the underwater eggs hatched? Would the hatchling be able to breath air? Could they speak like the other hatchlings? Where would they go when they got too big for the pool? Sera shook her head. The group would figure this out soon enough. Sera began to grab moss with her teeth. She placed the moss into a pile. She then began to smooth the moss down with her wings. Once she was done, Sera stepped back from the nest. "Is this good enough?" she asked.

(OOC: Yes, please do!)

user posted image

Up high in the air, Skylene could smell the scent of the fish in the river. While others were trying to eat them, some refused. But the scent kept coming to her, and made her all the more hungry, as Ashni and Sindri had explained to her. She dived back down into the water, creating a large splash! Skylene looked around in the river, spotting dozens of fish swimming her way. Might as well have some! she thought, swiping at the fish with her claws. She dragged two fish with her front legs back onto the ground, and decided to begin eating them. "Wow, these are great!"

((OOC: Welcome back Spir! We missed you. tongue.gif

Um, that might be a good idea, considering our OOC is spamming this thread.

okay. Recap. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm majorly confused about everyone who's not in the cave.

Everyone has hatched.

Team OCD (staying in cave) : Sera, Amara, Cyrus, Ashni, Kiska

They're arranging nests made of moss for the eggs and just tidying up.

Team Alpha/Gamma (I think that Alpha and Gamma just combined into one big group and they're down by the river) : Spira, Luye, Sindri, Favian, Feather

Exploring the river, found fruit and fish

Team Beta (in forest) : Viden, Tauriel, Thallus

And, as Bacon reminded me: Skylene is watching them from the air

Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Ugh I keep getting Kiska's name confused with my character Larka, in my story >.<))

Edited by Evensong

((OOC: That about sums it up. Oh, I think there's another group looking for water. But, that's about it.))

user posted image

Favian watched as Skylene dove into the water and snapped up fish into her mouth. "I guess we're going to have to bring varieties of different types of food for everyone." Favian mused. Favian enjoyed the scent of the fruit more than the scent of the fish. It seems Purple dragons are primary herbivores. Though, I think the canine teeth prove that my breed does eat some form of meat. Favian looked over at the other hatchlings. We have fish eaters and fruit eaters. There must be something else for the other dragons to eat. Favian stood up and glanced around. "Should we continue onward?" he asked his group.

((OOC: An OOC thread would be nice. biggrin.gif))

((OOC: Yeah, I thought there was another team too, but since Favian's team is at the river, I assumed that they were also looking for water/scouting? Idk. *confuzzled*

Also, out of all the characters, Ismene, Ignitus (who I don't think has appeared at all and Zela aren't in a group))

user posted image

Kiska busied herself with collecting the eggshells, meticulously sorting them into little piles, arranging fragments of the same eggs into the same piles. Soon, she finished her work, though she couldn't tell which of the two golden eggshells belonged to Cyrus, and which to the other golden hatchling she had seen. Is it this solid gold one, or is it this other one? She stepped gingerly away from her work, so she didn't mess the piles up, and then turned to go help the rest of her team with their nest-making. "Wow Sera, that looks really comfy!" she exclaimed. "Should we also make some nests for us to sleep on?" Her stomach grumbled softly. I wonder when the other groups will be back. I'm starving!

Edited by Evensong

user posted image

Upon finishing her meal, Skylene once again flew to the air, and noticed the other team inside the forest. She flew over to examine what they were doing. Two of the hatchlings seemed to be looking for another one, although one seemed more playful than the other in doing so. She flew up higher to see past the forest. It extended for a few more miles, before cutting off and becoming a prairie of some sort. It all seemed beautiful to her. I’m sure they’ll be fine… Skylene thought, as she went back to find the other group, where Favian was suggesting to continue exploring.

user posted image

The large hatchling opened his eyes. Strands of filtered light hit his eyes. The hatchling lifted his head. The once quite darkness was now filled with noise. The sound wasn't loud. In fact, it was muffled and it took the hatchling several minutes of listening to figure out it existed. The hatchling didn't know why, but he felt the strange need to move his limbs and investigate the sound. The hatchling pushed against the walls that surrounded him. A crack formed and water began streaming into the egg. The hatchling panicked and began to kick furiously at the dark walls. His egg shattered and a burst of bubbles steamed from the egg. The hatchling blinked. He could breath under the warm water. The hatchling around himself. There were other eggs like his own in the pool. He didn't see any other hatchling in the water so he assumed he was the first to hatch. The hatchling flapped his tail and looked up. Curiously, there seemed to be something beyond the water. The hatchling slapped his tail against the water and swam upwards. Surprise entered the hatchling as he surfaced. Air filled his lungs and gills closed as the hatchling took his first breath of air. The cool temperature made the hatchling shiver, but the feel of crisp air made the hatchling grin. He gave a happy chirp and splashed the water. This cave was a happy place for the hatchling. However, even though he did not know at the moment, the crave for interaction with another being began to crawl its way into the hatchling's brain.

user posted image

Seeing a bright orange head pop out of the pool wasn't the last thing Kiska had expected to happen. There were eggs in the pool, and dragons hatched from eggs. Simple. However, she was still surprised when the newest hatchling surfaced, and even more so when he let out a loud chirp. Startled, she gave a small shriek of surprise jumping backwards and upsetting a pile of eggshell fragments. "Um, Sera? Ashni? Amara? Cyrus?" she ventured timidly, "I think one of the water eggs just hatched."

user posted image

Sera looked over at Kiska. "Say what?" she asked. Sera slithered over to the pool and saw an orange hatchling swimming around in the pool. That's new. Sera looked over at the other hatchlings. "It seems Kiska is correct. One of the water eggs did hatch. I don't mean to be rude, but it looks quite... odd."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

"You look odd!" the large hatchling snapped. He turned around and looked at the other hatchling. She looked like a serpent with wings. She was a purple and gold that continuously shifted. "Well, you don't look bad." the hatchling remarked, "In fact, you look pretty cool!"

((OOC: I guess no matter what we do we're going to wake up to pages of text to read. xd.png))

user posted image

------

Amara had been busy making nests under the eggs in her own corner, becoming so absorbed in her work she had disregarded the others. When the loud shriek bursted from Kiska, the blood red hatchling jumped, tail held ridgidly and eyes darting about. Realizing that she was only scared by the newly hatched water dragon, Amara relaxed, if slightly, and stared deeply at the unwravling scene before her. She stood up, slowly, and began to slyly make her way towards the pool, keeping a 'safe' distance from the other two. Staring down at the orange hatchling, she gave it a curious glare. "So . . . stuck in there?"

------

Edited by nikikt

user posted image

The hatchling tilted his head. "I'm not stuck." he said, "Why'd you think that?" The hatchling bobbed his head and swam around in the water. It felt nice to be swimming. The hatchling noticed just how easy it was to swim around in his little pool. I wonder if these other hatchlings can swim.

user posted image

------

Amara straightened from her crouch, staring as the Shallow Water dragon swam in circles. She felt herself blush at his voice, it was . . . appealing to her. And his graceful movements through the water didn't make the well-concealed pinkness flushing her red scales any less warm. Averting her eyes, letting them bob cryptically over the cave walls, she frowned. "So, what's your name?" She asked the hatchling, if slightly sourly.

------

((OOC: ermahgerd me thinks Amara finds somebody kinda cute. :3 Kinda random but I thought he was kinda a funny fellow just from his dialog, and it kinda suits her 'eccentric' or 'quirky' nature to like a water dragon. <3))

((OOC: Ha. The two characters that I already have are serious characters. So, to even the playing field, I decided to have a fun going character who can make all the jokes I can come up with. Prepare for very bad puns and vague references.))

user posted image

Name? The hatchling stopped swimming and blinked. I don't have a name. Do I just make one up? What would a good name be? Perk? No... Lurk? No, Pirk? Maybe... Kirk? Hm.. Kirk. Yeah, I like the sound of that. Kirk! "My name's Kirk." Kirk said as he bobbed in the water. "What's yours?"

~~~

Viden wandered into the bushes at the base of the forest. He felt like he could hear and see everything, even his paws seemed to pick up the smallest details, like little things crawling way underneath the ground. He could hear scuffling in the bushes but before he could investigate he heard Thallus scramble from the cave and then get lost. Laughing, he popped his head out of the bushes and shouted, "Over here Thallus!' Even among all the greens that Thallus pretty much blended in to Viden could still see him crystal clear. Emerging from the bush he cracked his maw and sniffed the air, he could practically smell the blood running through the veins of all the little animals. He couldn't wait any more. He heard something to his left, 2 feet away from his foreleg, he angled himself and pounced. Looking under his paws he saw a little white animal with a fluffy tail and big ears. It was squirming and scared so Viden followed his instincts and graciously bit the animal's neck. He picked it up, carrying it between his jaws and saw Tauriel. He waved his tail in greeting and dropped the animal, excitedly he explained, "I just caught this thing, there are tons more, and some are bigger to, like, the same size as us! we should start a pile, right here and bring all we catch here. Sound good?" He plucked at the animal and his senses were abuzz with the life of the forest around him.

~~~

(OOC: I love bad puns and killing bunnies!)

user posted image

"I don't speak for the whole group," Skylene said to Favian, "But I think it would be a good idea to continue on. Who knows? We might discover something valuable or of good use while we're at it." Although she was actually part of the group, Skylene felt like she should be. She didn't enjoy watching over each group as she did exploring with the group. But she chose to stick with it, rather than create a problem.

user posted image

Favian heeded Skylene's suggestion. I do think we should continue to explore. However, I wonder if we should bring some fish and fruit back. Hm... Well, we aren't the food gathering group. We're the exploration group. It would only be logical for us to continue to explore. Besides, I'm sure Viden's group will bring more than just one type of food. Surely they understand that different breeds have different needs of nutrients. "I think that would be a good idea." Favian said to Skylene. "Anyone else had any suggestions?" Favian asked, now addressing the entire party.

((OOC: Huzzah!))

Luye

user posted image

"Ummm... I like Skylene's suggestion! " Luye said. "But what about digging the water into the cave?" And maybe he should bring a horde of fruit. Luye clambered up the tree and started picking off as many of the color fruit as he could, then jumped down, spilling all the fruit. "Ugh!" the Soulpeace started rapidly picking up the fruit again.

Edited by girlfairy76

user posted image

------

Amara's wandering eyes stilled on the now waiting hatchling, bobbing in the water actively, beaming face staring up at her. She mumbled something, tail licking frantically at her sides and around her feet. "Uh-um . . . It's Amara." She pinned her eyes to the floor, hoping her red scales would cover the still lingering pink flush on her cheek bones. "I-I've got things to do . . . so . . ." She skimped away hurriedly, busying herself with the moss nests and critically rearranging them frequently.

------

((OOC: Yay for dead wabbits! biggrin.gif))

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by nikikt