SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

Based on the way he talked, Kiska assumed the purple hatchling was the leader. She sat down a bit away from where he and the winged female hatchling were talking, waiting patiently for them to finish their conversation. I guess they're just as new to this place as I am. she thought. Sounds like everyone has been organized into groups. I guess I should introduce myself and ask him if I can be part of the group that stays here.

((Eek name mixup. Bad idea to post here in the middle of writing something else >.<))

Edited by Evensong

user posted image

Sera stopped humming and lifted her head. Everyone was talking about groups and exploring. Sera yawned and looked around herself. She saw a nearby hatchling. She didn't look like she was leaving. "Hello," Sera said to the blue hatchling. "Are you staying behind? I thought I was the only one so far."

Edited by Doctortear

Sindri bounded over to Favian's group which looked really small. "Sorry I'm late. but can I come with you?"

(OOC: Doctortear, you mixed up the names in Favian's post)

user posted image

Skylene looked around for the other two hatchlings Favian told her were leaders. The red one, she remembered him suggesting that she scout, was close by. Spira was a few feet away from him. She came to the conclusion that the red hatchling was Viden. She felt that the leaders were a capable bunch, and felt relieved in knowing so.

user posted image

Favian grinned, at least someone wanted to join him. "Of course!" he said, "The more the merrier." Favian was glad Sindri asked to join his group. He needed to make some allies if he was going to be leader.

((OOC: Whoops))

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Assuming he was done, Kiska tentatively crept closer. "Hi, I'm Kiska." she said, shyly. Seeing he had other hatchlings with him, she asked, "What are your names?"

user posted image

Ashni was jerked out of her thoughts as another hatchling started to talk to her. "Oh hello, I am sorry I did not notice you before," Ashni said a little startled since she had been a little lost in her own wondering about her wings and the whole instinctual feeling that came with it but soon got over it, "You are not the only one staying behind since from what Favian said there are going to be a few to stay behind in the cave."

This said she would look around the cave to see what everyone was doing before looking back over to the new hatchling that she had yet to know the name of and it came to mind she had yet to introduce herself as well. 'Well, only one way to fix that,' Ashni thought to herself before she gave a little smile and gave her name to the Sunsong.

Tauriel was impatient "When are we going?" she asked to Viden. She wanted to see what was outside so badly. I bet I'm going to be the best hunter and fighter because of my stealth and quietness. She said to herself.

~~~

Cyrus looked around the cave. Only a few hatchlings had decided to stay and he was one of them. He went over to a hatchling that had wings. Wings! Already? Cyrus walked to were she was and said "Hi I don't think we have met before. I'm Cyrus." Cyrus found that the hatchling was very colourful compared to his just gold scales.

user posted image

"Hello Kiska, I'm Favian. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Favian said with his signature bow. "Did you need to ask something of me?" Favian waited for the White's response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

Sera grinned. "I'm Sera," she said, "Its wonderful to meet you two. I'm glad to see other hatchlings are staying behind. I don't think it would be smart for all of us to go at once." Sera got into a more comfortably position. These two didn't seem to be aggressive. If they aren't hostile then I suppose I can relax. No point of being wary.

Edited by Doctortear

((OOC: Sorry I'm hopping on the band wagon so late, and I promise my posts won't be as long as this one! I always post really long ones for the first in a thread. I'm sorry I like to pontificate. tongue.gif))

user posted image

------

It was unknown how long she had stayed in this perpetual darkness, a muffled world that had formed with brighter and brighter clarity over, again, an unknown period of time. The reds and oranges that tinted the absolute walls to her realm seemed to close in on her, too, if any indication from the waking moments she observed and pondered what little she knew. Sounds blurred together to add to her confusion; the occasional shriek, squeak, or even more terrifying, a liberal sniff that rocked and shook her shadow zone over this endless period that characterized oblivion. But, at a moment unclassified, she remembered something, another it that shared her space, her kingdom. She remembers it's mutual confusion, and how they both would tangle tighter together in the most startling of events. But, she then remembers a day she woke up, and it was not there.

It was simply gone.

She woke with a start, the shuffles and scrapes of clawed paws jumbled in her ears. She pulled closer into herself, the fetal ball she had surely outgrown a comfort. But then, a strangely natural voice, or voices, the strong wisps of conversation on the edge of her mental landscape. Her eyes opened unconsciously, and with a moment if stern-faced contemplation, she simply pushed.

And with a crack, she found herself falling, and abruptly that fall ended with a loud thud, her head giving a couple of bounces off stone. She grimaced and reined in a whine, sitting up on her fore paws quickly. Looking around, the world stunned her. Lights and shades of color besides oranges and reds greeted her, all emerging from the mouth of the cave; she glanced back at the shimmering red shell forlornly as she suddenly felt highly vulnerable, her blood red scales contrasting against the entire world. The smooth stump she looked over caught her attention. She flicked her gaze back to it, and stared for a moment in mortified wonder. Realizing her companion should be right there where she stared, she recoiled from the thoughts.

She noticed hatchlings all about: a dozen or so total, most at the mouth of the cave and some scattered around eggs. She stood as still as her still shaking frame allowed, pondering over what to do. Were they talking about exploring?

------

Edited by nikikt

user posted image

Noticing a rather sky dragon ask for her name, Skylene thought best to make herself seem as friendly as possible. She didn't want to frighten it away. "Hello there Kiska! My name is Skylene." She looked around at the other eggs. "Did you recently hatch?"

(OOC: I just noticed that if this is loosely based on TLD, the dragon in the intro is Halith o.o)

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

Kiska blinked. Did that hatchling, Favian, just... bow to her? And Skylene, the winged one, seemed really nice. Okay, they definitely weren't going to eat her, she decided. "Nice to meet you Favian, and you too, Skylene." she answered. "Yes, I was wondering if I could be part of the group that stays in the cave? Unless you need me to do something else." she turned to Skylene. "Yup. What about you?

Luye

user posted image

"Come on Favian! If you're group leader, then can we get water now?" Luye asked. He was very impatient. "Unless I should stay here. But you can't make me, 'cause I don't wanna stay here anyway! Let's go." He chattered, tugging the Purple dragon's tail.

user posted image

"Of course." Favian replied. "Ashni, Cyrus and Sera are also staying behind." Favian nodded towards the three hatchlings. It was a good thing that some hatchlings were staying behind. What if something happened to the eggs while the rest of the hatchlings were gone? Favian shook his head. The eggs were safe now. There was nothing to worry about. Favian turned around and looked at Luye. "Alright, we'll be going soon." he replied.

((OOC: Ninjaed! ninja.gif))

Edited by Doctortear

Luye

user posted image

"Good. I can't sit around here forever. " Luye sat down, satisfied. "Maybe we'll even see fruit!" The Soulpeace didn't think he could eat meat. But he never tried it. And he didn't know if he would even like fruit, so why make decisions without trying?

Edited by girlfairy76

user posted image

------

She watched with wide eyes as she situated herself on her haunches, the conversations that met her ears confirming that there was a party - or several parties - leaving, but a group staying behind. The Purple hatchling, a male, she presumed, appeared to be in charge, perhaps. She crept along the wall of the cave, her head down and her shoulders hunched high, stalking towards the group at the mouth of the cavern. She felt naked, almost, but she knew cowering from the others would not help matters.

Stopping behind the 'leader', she pulled herself up like a snake ready to strike, confidant, but when she opened her little cat-like maw to speak, she merely squeaked. Taking a step back, worried of being noticed, she hum-growled nervously, orange-red eyes darting about. She held her breath and took a few more steps forward on the rim of the group. "D-d-does anyone... Um... Know what's going on?" She aimed her question originally at the Purple, but her eyes wandered about the group as a communial question.

------

Edited by nikikt

user posted image

"We're going to explore outside." Favian said to the new hatchling. She must of just recently hatched. "We have different groups going out for different things. We also have a single group staying here to take care of the eggs." Favian stopped himself. He forgot to introduce himself. How rude of him! "My name's Favian." Favian said," Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Favian bowed and looked at the red hatchling. "Do you recall your name?"

"Okay then, Luye." Spira said. "We can go now, as long as no one else wants to look for water. Oh, and we're not digging to find water, we will be digging to move water. There is a crack in the cave wall that we can channel water through."

user posted image

------

She was perplexed at the question. A name? He wants me to have a name? She shrank slightly, staring up at him with a questioning gaze. Her mind wandered slowly, mulling over the little she knew. "My name . . . is Amara." Her voice was as rigid as her frame. "Are you . . . in charge?" She didn't know what she should do, or how she should be helpful. The only thing she was aware of regarding herself was a cold sensation of being watched, paranoia sweeping over her in waves of horror. She looked to her right, then to her left, then her eyes locked back sternly on Favian.

------

user posted image

"It seems so." Favian replied. Why was this hatchling so skittish? "You seem distressed" Favian said in a calm and stead voice, "No one here is going to hurt you. If someone tries to attack you, they rest of us will handle that." Favian tried to make himself professional. Of course, this hatchling's personality may get the better of her. Favian shrugged the though off. If she wanted to be left alone that was fine by him.

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Kiska stared at the new hatchling. She had two heads! And teeth. Very sharp teeth. Two whole sets of them. Oh, and she was a very scary blood-red colour. Favian, I don't think anyone would try and attack her. What if she attacks us? she thought, panicking. Trying not to make her terror too obvious, she squeaked "Um... I'll just go and find Ashnia, I mean find Ashni and staying, I mean find Ashni and the others who are staying." Hastily, she backed away.

Realizing she had no idea who Ashni, Sera and Cyrus were, Kiska hesitated. A group made up of a gold, a blue and another winged hatchling caught her eye. Well, those three look like they're not getting ready to head out. Maybe I'll head over there. she decided.

Timidly, she asked them, "Are you guys the group that's staying?"

user posted image

------

Amara's single set of eyes widened at the Purple dragon. "Well, um . . ." She glanced to to her right again, then slowly put her gaze on Favian again. "I'm fine." She let out in a small, flat tone, reevaluating this hatchling and his intentions. It wasn't that she was scared they were going to hurt her, she thought. She was simply scared, without her. "Is there anything you need me to do? Maybe I should stay with the cave, here, if you don't have any suggestions. . ." She looked towards the group of the four other dragons staying behind, noticing that the White hatchling had run off in a hurry after a few words with Favian. Was she also frightened? Was she frightened of her? Paranoia shifted beneath her skin, crawling like a hungry animal up her spine, and she let herself shake a small shiver.

------

Edited by nikikt

user posted image

Sera looked over at the white hatchling. "That, we are." Sera replied, "I'm Sera. What's your name?" Sera fluffed her wings and looked back at the white hatchling. I wonder if I can fly...

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

Favian nodded. "You can stay in the cave if you want to." Favian said, "The dragons staying already are Sera, Cyrus, Ashni and Kiska." Favian pointed them out as he spoke. "You're welcome to join, but I can tell just by looking at you that you would prefer to stay with the less active dragons." Favian turned and took and step closer to the outside. "Team Omega is leaving now!" he announced. Favian looked at the outside once more. So many things to discover! Favian took another step and entered the outside world.

user posted image

"I'm Kiska." Kiska said, glad that her group also seemed friendly. She looked at the other hatchling's wings interestedly. I wonder if she can fly... Her attention was drawn by Favian leading his team outside. Although the outside world looked intersting, with all the dancing lights and colours, she was much too scared to go out there herself. Well, I hope they don't get eaten. she thought.