SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

While watching the Soulpeace struggle to contain the fruit, Skylene was interested in the tree itself. She brought herself up to one of the branches, and began picking off some of the fruit that it bore. She came across an interesting long yellow fruit, which caused her to drop a few red and green fruits to the ground. "Look out!" she yelled, as the fruit bounced around below, just avoiding some other dragons.

She flew back down, with the yellow fruit in her paw. She layed it out on the ground, and tried to think of a way to eat it. First, she tried clawing at the skin. That didn't work, and the skin didn't taste good either. She then smashed it with her claws, but banana only got slimier. After that, she decided to give up. If anyone can figure out a way to eat this, perhaps I'll give them a prize... she thought sarcastically.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Luye

user posted image

"WOW!" Luye dropped all his fruit and went over to the yellow thing. "Huh, maybe..." He started twisting and turned the top until a bunch of creamy gooey looking stuff came out from a crack. "Eww!" he dropped the yellow thing.

user posted image

Skylene eyed the now gooey fruit. It made her sick. "That doesn't look good to eat...or safe to eat." She decided she would stick to fish for a while, as this was unappealing.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

Kirk watched the red hatchling wander off. She seemed to be upset. Did I upset her? Oh well, I can apologize later. "Okay!" Kirk called, "I'll see you later, Amara!" Kirk bobbed over to the serpent hatchling that was still near the pool. "What are you all doing?" Kirk asked. "Oh, and, what's your name? Mines Kirk."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

"My name's Sera." Sera replied, "We're building nests for the eggs on land. I saw that the eggs underwater already had nests. So I made nests on land that was inspired by your nest's design." Sera flicked her tail towards the underwater nests. "We're also clearing out the egg shells the other hatchlings hatched from. I would be grateful if you could get your own eggshell and bring it up here so we can dispose of it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

user posted image

"So, are we all agreed?" Favian asked, "We'll continue exploring and then come back later." Favian looked up at Luye. "I think you should leave the fruit for now." Favian said, "We can come back when we're heading back to the cave."

((Aysu is going be to slight trial and error for right wording I am sure on her limbs, but this is going to be fun.))

user posted image

Aysu shifted within her egg as distorted sounds came to her through both water and the barrier of her egg. At first she had wanted to stay where she was because she knew it to be safe, but as more sounds came to her the more something bugged her to fight her way to them. A need to be close to those sounds and be a part of them and become a pod, whatever that was.

It was with this growing need that Aysu started to lash out with her strong tail and fins to slowly chip away at whatever was keeping her from what her instinct was telling her was her 'pod'. It seemed like forever before she broke out of what once she considered to be safety, but now seen as confinement and into the small pool of water. Even longer it took for her to understand where in the world she was supposed to go to get to those sounds, but it was not hard to figure out when she spotted something orange swimming around in the pool with her. 'That is my pod? Kinda....odd lookin', but looks like fun to play with, Aysu thought to herself before swimming up to what she guessed to be the surface of whatever she was in.

"Hiya!" Aysu would basically shout this as soon as her head broke the surface of the water, giddy with excitement now that she was closer to whatever instinct was telling her was her pod. Though that was soon cut off once she noticed the other hatchlings on the land and she would quickly duck her head back under for a few seconds before poking it back up again.

user posted image

Ashni moved as many eggs as they had nests for, but it seemed that they had gotten them all overall. While moving them it kind of amazed her just how many there was in the cave and she knew there was even more in the water. Again she wonders just why all these eggs are in one place, but again she is distracted from her thoughts when Kiska gives out a shriek. Stopping what she was doing, Ashni would drop to all fours once more and run over to the edge of the pool to see just what all the commotion was about.

Seeing the Shallow Water dragon had her head tilting in confusion since she had never seen a swimming dragon before, but then again he was born in water so most likely he was supposed to stay in it. Maybe anyways? Or he just likes water better,' she thought to herself, but either way she figured that he would know best on the subject. Before she could think of giving her own name another hatchling broke through the water with a loud shout and Ashni could not help her own startled jump backwards. 'Oh heavens, if they are all going to pop up like that we are all going to bash our heads in sooner or later,' Ashni thought randomly before giving a tentative hello and introducing herself to both of the water dragons.

user posted image

Before Kirk could respond to Sera, another hatchling popped out of the water. "Hey!" Kirk shouted happily, "You're new! Are you a water dragon too? Well, that was a bit obvious. But hey, you're blue! I'm not blue, I'm orange. Not that blue is a bad color or anything, but I'm just pointing that out. Oh shoot! I must be really annoying right now. You could obviously see that our colors are different. You don't need me to be yelling at something that obvious. Oh darn! I almost forgot!" Kirk skillfully dove underwater. He saw the speckled egg that the Two-Finned Bluna had come from. I better pick up her egg shell too. Wait, how do I know what breed she is? Ah well, I'll figure that out later. Kirk picked up the egg shell pieces and resurfaced. He threw the pieces over to where Sera was. "There you go!" Kirk said cheerfully. Kirk noticed another hatchling staring at him. "Oh hi," he said, "who are you? I'm Kirk. What's your name?"

user posted image

Aysu broke out of the sudden shyness as soon as the other water dragon started to talk to her. In fact her giddiness from before slowly seeped back as she flapped her fins and her long tail swayed behind her in the excitement. "Yeah I am a water dragon too! Or I think I am anyways, 'cause I don't think I can walk on the hard stuff like they can 'cause I don't have legs like they do. I gots these," she would do do some kind of odd flip in the water to float on her back to show off her fins and long tail better for a short moment before flipping back over, "and I don't think I could walk good with these. Maybe crawl?" Her snout would crunch up slightly in thought but soon she would shake her head as she nodded along when the other talked about their coloring. She did not really get the chance to reply to anything on that before he dived to do something or other, but she used this time to look around the surface area more. However, she was still a little shy that she had randomly burst out of the water yelling and most likely scared these other dragons but their could not hurt her, right? She'd just stay away from the edge for now until she was sure they were not going to randomly gnaw on her for scaring them. That sounded like a good plan!

It was not long at all the Shallow Water dragon came back with what looked like their egg shells. Odd thing to give the other hatchlings, but if they wanted them then they could have the remains to her confining little prison. Once Kirk had given the others a name it had only hit her then that she herself had yet to give herself or anyone else one, but what to call herself? 'Hmm, Tusa? No sounds to odd. Ocena, nope not fun. Aysu? Aysu, I kinda like it!' Keeping in mind that she was not going to get to close to the edge of the pool, Aysu would swim closer to the others. "Um, sorry if I scared anyone? My name is Aysu."

Edited by Lilithachaos

user posted image

Wait... Another one? Kiska's eyes widened at the sight of the newest hatchling. Well both of them sure are energetic. They're very friendly, though a little overwhelming. she thought. "I'm Kiska." she said out loud, with a slight wave of her tail. "Hi Kirk, hi Aysu." She shot a glance at the eggshells Kirk had brought up. "I'll go put those in the corner with the others." she offered. "Oh, and uhh, there aren't any dragons that are cannibals, are there? Because I'm always scared a new hatchling is going to eat me."

((OOC: Is it just me or does anyone else suddenly have the urge to go get eggs from the cave that are the same breed as our characters and freeze the hatchlings? These guys are just so darned cute. :') ))

((OOC: omg yes Evensong, I want a GB and ill name her Amara! tongue.gif))

user posted image

------

As she watched the proceedings from a secluded corner of the cave, Amara frowned at the developments over by the water dragons' pool. The blue water bound hatchling had received quite the welcoming from Kirk, and it left a strange drive deep in her chest, the new emotion she had no name for yet brooding and hissing in contempt. Of course he would like hatchlings like him better, not some homely one-headed Bloodscale. She pouted, watching the blue hatchling with a dangerous glare. Kirk had been happy to spout whatever crossed his mind at the strange female; it irked her. Unsettled her. Up from her throat emerged a sound like a half-mewl half-growl. She continued to fret with a half-made moss nest in her small clawed paws while her eyes darted over the blue hatchling's form. Stupid little brat. Stealing all his attention. What's so special about her, the blue Tuna?!

Sitting up on her haunches with a small huff, she paused in her busy work and thought with a dark gaze towards the group. Gently rolling an egg onto a fresh moss nest, she walked back towards the group, carefully placing her footsteps to be silent. She stopped behind Kiska, giving a disdainful smile at her. "Unless we count Vampires, I don't think there's anybody here that will eat you, Kiska." She kept a stern, but subtle, cold shoulder to the Bluna hatchling, averting her gaze to anywhere but her.

------

((OOC: I think Amara's going to end up being the trouble maker. Not exactly what I intended, but it seems to be heading that way. Lol.))

Edited by nikikt

((OOC: I'm loving this. biggrin.gif ))

user posted image

"Oh, hi again Amara!" Kirk said as he saw the Bloodscale. "I was handing Sera the eggshells. Why are you guys collecting the egg shells? Are you going to eat them? I don't really want to eat an eggshell but if I won't judge someone because of it. Oh hey, have you met Aysu?" Kirk swam over by Aysu. "She's a Two-Finned Bluna! I don't know how I know that. I just seem to do. Do you think I know it because we're both aquatic dragons? I suppose that would make sense. Do you think its some weird mind control thing? I don't think it is." Kirk realized he was chattering non-stop. Oops, I think I'm overloading everyone's brains. "By the way," Kirk said, now serious, "Where are all of the other hatchlings? It seems like there are more egg shells than hatchlings in this cave."

Edited by Doctortear

((Yeah it really does make you want to name hatchlings after these guys! Also poor Amara, Aysu is not going to get the whole cold shoulder thing. Knowing her personality though Aysu will be trying to get Amara to warm up to her sooner or later by way of playing around if the whole hyper ditzy thing does not work.))

user posted image

Ashni sat on her haunches so she could use her foreleg more easily to pat Kiska on the head in some odd form of comfort. "Oh I don't think any would really eat us like that, but if any did try then we could protect each other," she'd say to comfort the White dragon and yet she was not sure how much it would help when Amara came over and stated about the Vampire Dragons. It was true enough if what little her mind was dragging up about them, but there was none here so there was no reason to worry about it just yet and no reason to worry anyone about it. "True, but I hope we don't have to worry about that any time soon since I don't think any of them hatched yet."

Looking over to the water dragons and then back to Amara, she'd tilt her head and move over to sit beside the red hatchling if allowed. It seemed something was bothering the other, but Ashni was not about to go digging at anyone's feelings unless they were open to talk about it. Though she did notice that Amara was not talking the the blue water dragon, but maybe that just had to do with Aysu scaring everyone. Who knows? "Amara, do you think we could swim also in there with them? I mean I am not sure I could without hurting someone since I am a Thunder dragon, but maybe you guys could?" Water plus electricity/lightening could not go well together she was guessing.

user posted image

Aysu swam closer to the edge since so far none of the dragons on the land seems like they wanted to gnaw on her and they did seem nice enough. Besides, if they made a move to go chomping on a fin then she could always dive down under the water and maybe they would leave her alone that way. If not then Aysu was basically screwed and she knew it. "Nice to meet ya Kiska," her tone was a little hyper once more as she finally got disregarded her plan from before and plopped her head on the edge of the rocky pool.

Seeing another hatchling coming over perked her interest up once more and her tail made little splashes behind her. Of course she did not really notice that the red hatchling was ignoring her as she exclaimed out with, "Oh wow you are pretty! What kind of dragon are you? I wish I was pretty like you are, but I am just a blah blue." Aysu would pause here as she looked around and noticed that she was not the only blue dragon here. "Um, not there is nothing wrong with blue."

Edited by Lilithachaos

(OOC: Asyu is talking to Kiska)

Cyrus went over to the new hatchling "Hi." he said "My names Cyrus." He looked around and saw that Amara was in a bad mood he went over too her and something happened to him when he approached, like it was a hidden power waiting to burst out of his mouth. He went over too Amara and touched his tail to her shoulder. An icy shock ran up the length of his tail and into Amara's shoulder, for some reason Cyrus feeling happy.

(OOC: Cyrus can change other dragons moods so what he did to Amara was to make her happy)

~~~

Tauriel nodded to Viden before spotting a bunch of the furry things together. She silently stalked up on them and singled one out. When she was near enough she pounced onto the furry thing and snapped it's neck with her mouth. Tauriel padded back up to Viden and asked "How many are we going to catch? We still need to carry them back to the cave and we might not be able to carry ten of these - she pointed to the furry things - in our mouth."

Edited by 0023567467

((Sorry should have said the red hatchling, but was talking about Amara in that one. Thought I had put red in there honestly, but must have forgotten. I think faster than I type I swear.))

Edited by Lilithachaos

user posted image

Kiska smiled gratefully at Ashni. It was nice having friends. "I wonder which egg is the vampire egg." she said, thoughtfully.

Kirk and Asyu were talking almost too fast for her brain to process what they said. Still, she liked their bouncy, friendly personalities. "It's nice to meet you too, Asyu. You're lucky you've got colour though. It's boring being just plain white." She turned to Kirk. "Most of the hatchlings are outside. If you want to try a piece of the eggshell, go ahead." she nudged a piece of his shell towards him, wondering how the shell would taste. She noticed Amara's icy demeanor. Amara seems to be acting kind of weird. she thought. I wonder why?

((OOC: I wonder what would happen if someone decided to RP as a vamp tongue.gif ))

user posted image

Kirk's eyes widened when the White dragon pushed to eggshell towards him. "No, no, no, no..." Kirk protested as he backed away from the shell. "I said I wouldn't eat an eggshell, but I wouldn't judge someone who did." Kirk shook his head. Did Amara look upset? Strange, Kirk didn't notice anything that might make her upset. Kirk blinked and looked curiously at the light seething out of the mouth of the cave. Outside? I wonder what's out there.

Edited by Doctortear

Kalana peeked her head out from the niche in the cave where she was hiding. She didn't feel a need to introduce herself to the others, even though she had been there for a long time, before Royal Blue had hatched. She felt a sort of Kinship with all the newborns, but it always quickly faded. The niche was perfect, plenty of insects to eat, a larger cavern deeper inside, a good view of the cave, a puddle of water in the corner, and moss to sleep on. She would stay there until she had to leave.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Kiska blinked. That did make more sense. She couldn't understand why anyone would eat their own shell, but she was so hungry that she considered the prospect for a few seconds. "I'm almost hungry enough to try." she said, with a smile. "Is anyone else starving?" She wondered when the others would return, and if they were okay. She sure hoped they were.

user posted image

"We might be able to find some bugs to eat if you're that hungry." Sera suggested. She didn't really want to eat bugs, but it seemed like the only option. Besides, it wasn't like the hatchlings were going to eat each other. No! There was no way the hatchlings were going to do such a thing. How horrible!

((OOC: Got lazy with this post. tongue.gif ))

Kalana went back into her little cavern to drink some water, but the puddle was empty, and she was thirsty. Should she go outside to see if there was any water there? It would work, so she decided to try. She walked out of the cavern and looked around.

user posted image

"Yeah, let's go." Skylene replied to Favian, "This...fruit...isn't worth our time just yet." She eyed the poor banana in pity. The fruit was a complete mess, and she decided it would be best to leave.

She flew up into the sky again, this time flying a little lower to interact with the group, so they could hear her properly. "I'm ready when you are!" she yelled out to them.

user posted image

"Let's get going then!" Favian announced to the group. We can gather the fruit and hunt the fish after we are done exploring. Favian trotted into the woods with his group behind him. I hope the group back at the cave is doing okay. I wonder how they are managing.

Tentatively taking a step forward, Kalana spotted the other hatchlings, along with two newborns. Feeling an urge to talk to them, she walked up to them, unsure of what to do.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Sera turned to look behind her when she heard footsteps. Surprisingly, she saw another hatchling. This one was completely white. However, unlike Kiska, this hatchling wasn't somehow protected by stains. "Hello," Sera said to the hatchling, "Did you just hatch? I'm Sera, what's your name?"

"um... Hi... I'm Kalana. Actually, I think I hatched before you. When I hatched, nobody noticed, so I went to hide in a niche, then discovered a cavern to live in. I've been there for a while. The first hatching I saw was the Soulpeace."

Edited by KoalaNoob