SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

Sera tilted her head. "Why would you hide from everyone?" she asked, "Everyone I met was kind and considerate. I don't see a reason to hide from such nice people." Sera fluffed her wings and waited for the Stripe to answer.

Edited by Doctortear

user posted image

"Why didn't you go up to someone and introduce yourself?" Sera asked, "All you have to do is say 'Hi'. Someone would notice you if you spoke to them. Of course, you may not of known that since at least a dozen eggs hatched at once."

"I think I hatched before them. I just get nervous around others. Are we the only ones here? There were others when I checked earlier..."

user posted image

"Yeah, there are a few others." Sera pointed over to the pool where the other hatchlings were. "A majority of the hatchlings are gone." Sera explained, "They were sent out into groups to gather food, look for water, and explore the surrounding area. I'm not sure when they will be back, but I think it will be a while before they return."

"Okay. May I have some water to bring back into my cavern? I don't want them to see me, and there are strange darker yellow stripes appearing on me."

user posted image

Sera looked over at the pool. She didn't think it was safe to drink the water from that pool. Especially since there were two hatchlings living in it. "If you can spot some water you are more than welcome to take it back to your cavern." Sera replied, "I haven't seen any places to gather water from yet. If you want me to, I can try and fly to the ceiling of the cave and try and find some wet moss."

"No thanks. I can go outside and find some." With that, Kalana left the cave.

user posted image

Sera watched Kalana leave. What a strange hatchling she is. I hope she doesn't end up hurting herself. Sera turned around and began to make more nests. Sera lost herself in the nest making and the placing of the eggs upon the mossy beds.

Kalana soon returned to the cave, having drunken from a nearby puddle. "I've decided that I'll stay out here. You can use the cavern to store the eggs in, or store food. Maybe we can make piles of food, to make it easier. Are you hungry?"

user posted image

Sera stopped kneading the moss when she saw Kalana return and speak to her. "Are you offering us your cavern?" she asked, "You really don't need to. We have enough room in this cave as it is. If you feel the need to loan us your cave then you are more than welcome. Oh and, I'm not hungry. I'll wait for the food gathering party to return."

"No, I thought it would be better organization for me to live out here and the cavern to be a storage room of sorts."

user posted image

"If that's what you want." Sera said. "Now if you excuse me, I have some nests to make." Sera turned and continued to knead a pile of moss. "If you want to help me, you can start making nests with a few piles of moss." Sera said, "If you don't want to do that, then I'm sure the other hatchlings will enjoy your company."

"Okay I'll help. I think I can get some more moss." Kalana flapped her wings and flew to the ceiling, then she nipped off some moss and brought it back to the ground.

((OOC: Um, I don't think any of the hatchlings have their wings yet. The only hatchlings with wings are the hatchlings that were hatched with them.))

((OOC: On the topic of wings, how are the wingless hatchlings going to get theirs? Are they going to grow slowly or just wake up with them one morning? I'm having a hard time picturing them with tiny little half-grown wing stubs though. :3))

(OOC: I know, Kalana is a mature hatchling, but I can change it if you want.)

((OOC: I've heard that wings are sealed into their backs. When its time to be fledged, the hatchling's back starts itching and the wings pop out. Of course, that's just from a book I read. If anyone else has any ideas on how to get wings, I will be interested to hear what they have to say. EDIT: You don't have to change it, its just I thought that it would take a couple months or years for a hatchling to grow its wings in.))

Edited by Doctortear

((Rrr... recap? I wish I could be online all the time to keep up with these :|))

((OOC: I don't think I can recap for you, since I'm not sure what really happened myself, even though I was here!

Okay then, I'll just say that Kalana was born with them, for some reason.)

(( OOC: Alright, thanks! I'll just try to hop in with Skylene; Ismene has wings too. Sorry, Shur'turgal, I don't know how to continue the discussion with Ismene and Zala >.< And I'll get to work on that OOC Thread. ))

user posted image

Ismene scanned the clearing in confusion as most of the hatchlings left. Sighing with disappointment, she realized that none of them had assigned her to do anything. Ismene glanced back at her vibrantly colored wings, realizing for the first time that most of the other hatchlings didn't have them. "Hmm," she murmured to herself with a slight smile, gazing up at Skylene. "Let's put these to use." Narrowing her blue eyes in concentration, Ismene struggled to push off of the ground. Flapping her wings and writhing frantically, she eventually realized that more movement demanded more effort and energy. Slowing her wing beats and the movements of her legs, Ismene began to ascend faster and faster. Giddy with glee, the young Ridgewing did a few swoops and elaborate spins in the sky. Twisting her slender head, she called out to Skylene, "Hey Skylene! Isn't it great to be able to fly?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

((OOC: I can try to recap.

Two aquatic hatchlings were hatched

Favian's group is exploring

Viden's group is killing bunnies

Water group is doing... something...

Team OCD cleaned up the cave

The eggs are now placed onto beds of moss

Yeah... that's pretty much all I got. Sorry if I missed anything.))

((OOC: You missed Kalana revealing herself. And the Water group somehow ended up joined with Favian's)