SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

Medea's revelation bemused Aerix greatly, though he forced himself to show a rather nonchalant attitude on the outside to keep up his confident appearance. He wasn't doubtful of how the magic made such a requirement possible, but instead found himself mildly annoyed at the new and possibly toilsome chore.

Why can't the dragon just fix it himself? If he's so strong with magic, certainly he is doing this to annoy us... he thought.

"This is the first time I've heard of such a thing, but I'm sure it can't be too hard, now can it? Perhaps the weather-controlling ability I've gained from you can be put to some good use." he said, grinning, "It'd be of quite some surprise to the others, like a certain green imbecile."

This made Aerix somewhat pleased, and for the first time in what seemed to be forever he believed that he now had the upper hand on his struggles and would obtain an antidote one way or another. However, his other current physical problems would have to be addressed first.

"Now, where was that water you were at? I should go clean and fix myself up for a moment or two before we start our "ability learning" sessions."

((Feels like I could do better, but for now this is what I have))

user posted image

Hibiki scratched behind his horn a bit embarrassed. "If they were dangerous I'd think they would've done something by now since I found them mostly as a hatchling." He glances down, his attention caught by the movement of her tail. "Well I guess except for that one. The spiky thingies on the ball are a bit dull from age, but be careful still kay?" Hibiki gingerly picks up the toy and puts it into Feather's paw then beamed a smiled at her. "This is the one you want right?

user posted image

Bringing her tail up to her face so she could hug it Michiru closed her eyes. Softly, she sang

to herself, the same one that she sang in awe of her birth. All so that she could reassure herself that things would be okay and so that the peaceful mental image could cradle her off into sleep.

"Flowers bloom in spring

Oh, the sky spreads in summer

They're engraved and sparkling

In my heart

Rain falls in the morning

Even on a day when I shut the window

The light overflowing to my chest

Is from above the clouds

Joy and sorrow

I hold everything close while I'm walking

They're things that firmly join

My hand
…

..and your hand..."

Michiru's eyes half open in vague response to the last lines of the song, her eyes flickering with regret that she wasn't able to fully grasp.

user posted image

Calm

The first thought in Skylene's mind was one she hardly expected to associate with arriving at the river. There were no dragons in sight; not a single sound besides the relaxing flow of the water could be heard. The Birthcave was not visible in any direction, leading her to suspect that her location was farther away from the others than what she had anticipated. This did not upset the Blusang, however, for she was still worried about running into the Tsunami. Surely Tasimi was at the Birthcave already, she thought, and a run-in with him would be just as awkward and painful as she expected. Time needed to heal the emotional wounds, and the open rejection of love would not be cured after less than a day.

Moving closer towards the river, Skylene noticed that the water seemed rather void of fish. Troubled at this thought, she laid herself flat onto the ground above the water, eyes peering at the glassy liquid. She expected the closer view to aid her in finding a meal, and waited quietly. Minute after minute passed, but the river still seemed to be lacking of fish.

How can there not be any fish?! There always used to be at least a few swimming around in here. Where could they have gone?

Irritated, she flung her arm into the water. She moved it around rapidly, hoping to come into contact with one of the finned animals.

Maybe I'm just not seeing them! Maybe they're hiding in here, in secret from my view!

Though her thoughts were filled with aim, her patience was thoroughly uncooperative. Less than a minute had gone by of searching through the water before Skylene gave up on her task entirely. Bringing herself off the ground and into the air, she wondered what could have caused the depletion of fish in the river.

Have the others been eating most of the fish? I don't remember anyone else having a big appetite for them. Have they just been taking them out of the water? Killing them? But then, why would they do that?

She couldn't allow herself to consider the possibilities much longer, as she noticed a small berry bush in the forest not far away. It seemed the bush had been visited by animals or dragons several times already, as most of the small shrub lacked any fruit. A few spots of marionberry were visible, however, and Skylene quickly grabbed a couple of the jet-black berries. She had no real familiarity with berries, however, and could only remember eating a few when she was a young hatchling. She hardly liked the taste of them. Her rare experiences with them only resulted in a sharp, acidic flavor tingling her mouth. However, knowing they could be her only sustenance for some time, she forced the sweet and tart berries down her throat.

((Sorry, I feel so guilty about never being on... :[ ))

((Also, no picture because I'm on my tablet right now.))

Astra thought for a second. 'The lake first, then the cave.' She started stomping through the undergrowth, heading in the general direction the thought the cave was in. However, in a short while, she turned around. 'Actually, I think it's this way...' She stomped off again, but came back. 'No, over that way, the forest sorta stops...' She started to get panicked and looked to Demetrio for reassurance. 'I... think we may be lost...' She whimpered. She sniffed around, looking for some way of knowing which way the cave was, but found none. 'I have absolutely no idea where we are.'

((Whelp, finally finished the post. I was planning to do Spira as well, but I can't get her right, so I'm skipping it for now.))

user posted image

"Yeah, sure! It's so interesting, and kind of adorable, too!" Feather poked it with her tail and watched the brightly coloured toy slowly rock in a circle. It seemed like it would fall, and the silver playing with it thought it should have, but it never did. It spinning, unwavering in it's path until the momentum given to it dried out. When it finally came to a stop, Feather placed it on the ground and spun it again, watching almost like she was hypnotized. "How does it keep spinning like that? When I tried to spin rocks, the just stopped. Leaves just fell. Why is this thing so special?" Proceeding to tilt her head to one side she observed it as carefully as she could, but it still made no sense. How was it that this one thing, that was unnaturally coloured and unnaturally shaped, could do something so much better than all those common things everywhere? Did being unique really mean being special?

user posted image

The sunlight was wonderful. It flooded Azre's body and cloaked it in warmth. Every on elf her scales absorbed the shining rays, and for a blissful minute, she soaked herself in comfort. When she turned around, though, she didn't see Kurai or Mers nearby. Instead, they were cowering in the back of the cave, both in apparent pain. As a naive hatchling, Azre couldn't figure out the reason. For her, the world was perfect. She should have come out of her egg long ago, all her fears and worries had been meaningless! The other dragons were kind and friendly, and had helped her get a name! Unfortunately, Azre didn't understand that she had not yet encountered a situation where her thinking would show, and separate her from everyone else.

Walking back towards the two dark-favouring hatchlings, Azre's sudden confidence was shocking considering how she had been a short time ago. Without hesitating, she began to order them outside. "Light! Light there! Light good! Go to light wit me pease, Kuwai, Mes?" Azre knew this would cheer both of them up and take away their apparent pain. How could something so brilliant not? Already, she was feeling cold from being in the dark, and she just wanted to go back outside. She waited as patiently as she could, but within seconds, she was twitching and edging towards the exit. She needed to go back out there, and she was sick of waiting for Kurai and Mers.

user posted image

As her brooding walk back to the Birth Cave came to an end, Kalana's thoughts grew more and more centered on Rien. Why was it that she felt so close to her? Yes, she loved spending time with almost any hatchling, and being kind made her feel happy, but the way she felt towards Rien was different. It felt like the young vine dragon was her life, it felt like she would be gone if it was gone. And yet, in her ever-changing pool of fears, it was her greatest.

"Rien, where are you?"

Those were the first of Kalana's thoughts that leaked out of her mind. It was mumbled, ever so quietly, a volume similar to the cry of an animal far in the distance, so far that it might not exist.

"Are you mad at me?"

Slightly louder, the voice was unsure, like a lost animal wandering around, not sure what it was doing, like a dreaming animal, unsure of its own existence.

"Please don't hate me! I miss you..."

Deliberate and clear, it seemed staged that it was then Kalana wandered into the clearing the Birth Cave was in and noticed a vine swaying back and forth. For Kalana, the recognition was nearly immediate.

Edited by KoalaNoob

(Short post, sorry ;-; )

user posted image

Kurai stared at Azre, then nodded to himself. Turning to Mers, he said, "I think I am right. Azre used to Light. We not. Light hurt us... We need dark. But Azre want light." Turning to Azre, he called, "You need light, Azre. Light... Light hurt us. We need dark." Kurai hung his head in apology. "I sorry we can't come out, but... My eyes still sting from trying...." He didn't know what to do, what else to say. He didn't want to hurt Azre's feelings, not in the least! But he couldn't approach the light. The awful light...

user posted image

Mers had listened quietly as Azre came back, blinking as she realized that the red hatchling wanted her and Kurai to go outside, into the sharp, painful, blinding light. Swinging her head side to side as a gesture of 'no', Mers glanced at Kurai before staring at Azre.

I don't want outside. Too bright, painful to my eyes.

"Eieys wier hurt, paiinss fwrom te lightsss. Neot goinwg owt, no."

The Cavern Lurker's reply was rumbled and throaty, her tongue still getting in the way. She licked her lips as she watched both Azre and Kurai's reactions, tail curled around her side and tucked close to her clawed hands.

user posted image

Wh-why don't they want light? It's so wonderful... There are other dragons outside too... Am I really different? Is it that I just got lucky with the first people I met? It... It must be that. I don't belong. Turning around to leave, Azre turned and ran as best as she could, which was little more than a wobbly speed-walk. After the wonderful, wonderful light, this darkness was consuming her, wrapping her up in its icy cloak and suffocating her. Leaving was partly from fear, but also from need. Every step she took felt painful, both outside and inside. The pebbles that lay strewn across the cave's floor hurt her soft paws, and that only reminded her that her friends didn't care about her enough to help her with needs. After all, if she was the one that couldn't stand sunlight, she would at least sit at the edge of darkness, right? But quickly, before she reached the mouth of the cave, she realized that she wouldn't. She wasn't staying behind with them now. This was something she had struggled with, in her egg. So many of the other dragons had sacrificed themselves to help others, something that she knew she couldn't do. But now, she had no reason to even try being like the others. They wouldn't do the same for her. What she heard must have been a rare case; she had just decided to listen at the wrong times. She could just live alone from now on, in sunlight. She had seen a large area of greenery, which she assumed was a forest. That could be her home.

As she stepped onto the first patch of grass, the warmth of the air and softness of the ground easily made Azre feel the best she had felt in her short life. The first time she experienced this had been great, but after, the sudden confinements of the cave felt so awful, coming back out was bliss. In sheer joy, she sprinted towards the trees, sudden energy coursing through her and wiping away the clumsiness she had possessed while inside. As the grass thickened, the forest drew closer, and she realized the inside wasn't filled with sunshine like she wanted, but that was okay. There was still plenty of light, more than enough to live with. Excited, she darted inside, ready to find a place like the cave, except with sunlight. She couldn't wait, it was all so wonderful.

Azre had devised a game about only walking along the areas of forest lit by sunlight. It was an incredibly easy task, large swaths of brightness covered the ground Prancing around, she was confident and happy, but still unsure. She was still worried about being different. And she was beginning to feel a hollowness in her stomach, which would soon proceed to emit quiet rumbling noises too quiet to be heard by everyone but Azre. But it would still mean hunger, hunger that the newborn wouldn't be able to deal with. And when the tremors came, the sunstone all but collapsed. Wailing, she searched for anything she could do to ease the pain, but all she could find were the thin layers of grass, which she knew wouldn't work. She longed for something sweet to dissolve on her tongue, but it was obvious leaves and sticks weren't what she wanted. Able to focus on nothing but the emptiness at her stomach, she wailed louder and louder, miserable even in sunlight.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

The forest was quite tranquil when you thought about it. Most of the older hatchlings in the birth cave probably had no idea what peace or harmony was. They had lived their entire lives, which weren't that long mind you, in completely chaos and disorder. Every waking moment was full of discord with hatchlings screaming at one another, newborns wandering out into the open world which was full of all sorts of dangers, the horrors of the world creeping out to haunt them, and the sheer stubbornness and crudeness of some of the hatchlings, more specifically the younger ones. Lucifer was mind boggled as to how he survived in the birth cave for so long. Sure, he wasn't one of the more prominent members of it, but that didn't mean he couldn't be baffled by how long he stayed with the rowdy group. Lucifer barely even interacted with them. He spent most of his time hunting, exploring the area, doing experiments with Favian, and speaking with the few people he considered his companions. Even the people he could think of as friends seemed suspicious of the birth cave. Bathory left the group first and Medea and Aerix followed suit. Alvira spent most of her time away from the group and seemed to be separating from it altogether. Rico sometimes came to the birth cave but that was only because the Black Marrow wanted to hang out with none other than Lucifer himself!

The only person Lucifer actually respected who lived in the birth cave at all times was Favian, but the leader's time in the birth cave was not spent merrily. Lucifer had talked to Favian about what he thought of the group after they were finished with an experiment. The Purple would normally sigh and explain that he was only trying to do the right thing. Despite what Favian said, Lucifer knew what he really meant. Favian wasn't helping the birth cave because he wanted to but more because he was forced to. If he didn't protect and lead the birth cave, then every single hatchling that clung to the group would perish. Sure, some of the older ones would find homes elsewhere, but all those bratty little snots would die within a week's notice. Lucifer would think that Favian was doing his job joyfully if it had not been for the gray speckles Lucifer saw on his friend's mottled hide or the fact that the larger hatchling wistfully spoke of a home somewhere besides the birth cave. Lucifer knew that Favian didn't like the birth cave as much as he said. He probably loathed it just as much as Lucifer.

The sudden yowl of pain pierced Lucifer's ears like an arrow. His claws dug into the branch he was clinging to, sending splinters to spray the air. Pale pink eyes darted in the direction of the sound and Lucifer's tail swayed about warily. The baying did not stop, but now that Lucifer was listening more carefully, he could deduct that whoever was making these sounds was most likely someone he did not know. Considering the fact that the voice sounded raspy and higher-pitched that the older hatchlings, he could conclude a young hatchling, perhaps a newborn, was making these sounds. That fact in itself was grating on Lucifer's nerves. Those fools! When would they learn? You aren't supposed to let newborns outside by themselves! If they want to go outside badly, you are to send an older and more experienced hatchling with them. Didn't the incidents with the wolves, hawks, and bear teach anyone anything? The outside world was dangerous and newborns were venerable to the horrors that lurked within it. Where the hatchlings in the birth cave so incompetent that they couldn't keep put at least one guard near the mouth of the cave. There was more than enough older hatchlings to have a guard for every ten to twenty eggs, which wasn't a lot when considered more clearly, in the cave and yet no one, but seemingly Favian and a few others, thought it was a good idea to put at least one person in the birth cave with the job of making sure no newborns scurried outside.

Just goes to show how imbecilic they all are. I'm glad I left. It's a surprise that I'm even sane after I left that dreaded place.

Seeing as the howling was not ceasing, Lucifer mumbled a series of curses under his breath and began to weave through the trees and towards the hatchling. She was further away than Lucifer expected. She was relatively close to the birth cave but eerily far enough to be in a potentially dangerous area. Wasn't this the same open area that Favian got crippled by the bear? Now that Lucifer looked at it more closely, he realized that it was the same area the hatchlings fought off the bear. That fact by itself made Lucifer extend his claws deeper into the branch underneath it. It'd be surprising if half the eggs in the birth cave didn't get eaten or destroyed in same chaotic manner. Stalking forward, Lucifer peered through the bright green leaves and stared down at the wailing newborn below him.

It had to be a newborn, it absolutely had to be. Not only was it smaller than him, but Lucifer could tell that the hatchling was not fully developed. Lucifer could plainly see the hatchling still had to grow some before she could be considered mature. Whatever was causing the hatchling to scream so loudly was beyond Lucifer. She was simply laying in the grass, gripping whatever she could as she screamed her pathetic little head off. Lucifer was about to sneer a snarky comment, but the wise voice in his head advised him not to. Mumbling under his breath, Lucifer decided to take a more casual approach and phrase a question instead of a comment.

"Might I ask what is ailing you, child?" Lucifer asked as he leaped down from the branches above and blinked his bright pink eyes at the yowling newborn.

user posted image

"Tummy... Empty. Hurt." That was the best description Azre could come up with. What else was there to say? Her stomach felt empty and it hurt. But when she stopped wailing and focusing only on the pain, it receded until it was just a low, rumbling ache. As a hatchling who had not yet learned about food and what it was, Azre assumed that something had happened - probably with the pale pink dragon above her - that had taken away the hurting. It didn't occur to her that most of the ache had come from her own imagination, making a tiny, nearly undetectable feeling magnify hundreds of times. To her, that dragon was benevolent and powerful. And, he was out in the sunlight! That must mean that he liked it as well! Immediately, without any hesitation Azre decided to trust and like him. Why not? "Who you? Why you here? You like sun?"

user posted image

"Tummy... Empty. Hurt."

Well that just made matters worse. It justified why the hatchling had left the birth cave, but made the people within it seem all the more dumber. If a newborn got hungry, it was the job of the mature hatchlings to take care of the newborn. Hadn't it been made clear that newborns were to be taken cared of? Running off on their own was the last thing anyone wanted. Except for, perhaps, the idiots in mucking around in the birth cave. Their pure and utter incompetence was making Lucifer sick. It was ridiculous how much they failed to comply with such trivial matters. It was making Lucifer's head hurt just thinking about it.

Without a word, Lucifer turned his back on the Sunstone and climbed back up the tree he had jumped from. It was a rather easy task considering just how nimble he was. Using his tail to grab the nearest branch, Lucifer pushed himself upward, running up the trunk with his paws and settling himself upon the branches with his prehensile tail. Brightly colored fruit hanged from the branches above. Grabbing several of the sweet treats in his paws, Lucifer lowered himself back onto the ground and landed with a thump in front of the Sunstone.

"Who you? Why you here? You like sun?"

"You ask a lot of questions," Lucifer commented as he let go of the fruit, letting it roll around on the ground. Lucifer seated himself upon a patch of grass, his tail twitching nonchalantly. He was tempted to give the hatchling a few sarcastic remarks, but realized that they would probably sail right over the newborn's head.

"Name's Lucifer," the Sweetling said as he laid himself down, his stomach brushing against the soft grass. "I came out here to sunbathe for a while which probably answers both your second and last question, although I have no idea what would make your tiny brain think that the sun isn't something to enjoy."

user posted image

Tentatively, Azre took a bite of the round, sweet fruit. The juices leaked from the skin, flooding her mouth with the fresh flavor. The second her first bite had been swallowed, she took another chunk out of the brightly colored object, this one noticeably larger. It was perfect. Wet and slightly crunchy, it felt so natural to be consuming this. Unlike with the slimy, scaly things she had seen other hatchlings eat earlier, this food that came from the trees didn't make her feel uncomfortable or nauseated. It felt right. She was supposed to be doing this, being outside in the sun and eating tree-food, not inside the dark, dank cave and eating icky stuff that would probably make her throw up. This big dragon - though noticeably smaller than the ones at the cave - was so nice! At the cave, she would only have gotten those things that flopped around if she had gotten hungry! "Yummy! Dis yummy! Dis perfec! Dank wu, Small-Pink! You best!"

Refocusing her attention to the small yet delicious meal before her, she sat back on her haunches and picked up the fruit with her forearms, then lifted it to her mouth so she could eat more easily. Azre ate the fruit in a circle, biting off the bright red outside before chewing on the yellow flesh inside. Eventually, a while after her tiny stomach was satisfied, she reached a sour part of the fruit, which combined with a small black pellet-like thing, was enough to make her spit out the mouthful she had. "Ach! What that? Bad. Hard. No like. No eat?" Turning her food around, Azre bit into a part where she hadn't reached the core, and was once again greeted by the sweet taste that she had first enjoyed. Taking another bite, the sourness returned, which to a newborn, was truly puzzling. "Why? Why some sweet some sour?

"I came out here to sunbathe for a while which probably answers both your second and last question, although I have no idea what would make your tiny brain think that the sun isn't something to enjoy."

Not understanding the harshness of his comments, Azre only drew from his words that he liked sun as well, unlike Kurai and Mers. The idea that she could follow him around flashed in Azre's mind, and briefly, she pushed it away as ridiculous, but only seconds later, she was considering this as a real option. He didn't live at the cave. He didn't like sunlight. He presumably ate food that didn't move around on its own. Why not ask? "Friend at cave no like sun. Two friend at cave no like sun. They eat slimy moving thing. Dark hurt." Mustering up a bit of courage, Azre added, "Me follow you? Pease?"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Yup, this was most certainly a newborn. A newborn who was extremely naive and had no idea what she was doing, that is. Lucifer let out a harsh chuckle at the Sunstone's words. She obviously didn't know who he was. Most hatchlings wouldn't dare talk to Lucifer, let alone follow him around. The few that did try to follow Lucifer were usually located by Aerix who had taken a liken to following the Sweetling. The very few people who did interact with Lucifer were usually shunned by most of the other hatchlings as well. Alvira and Favian were an exception to this rule. They were both quite friendly with just about everyone, Lucifer's other companions.... not so much. Aerix detested everyone who lived in the birth cave, Medea was always cranky and was never without a platoon of insults to guard her every action, Rico scared most of the other hatchlings, and Bathory had a low tolerance to idiocy. The only reason Alvira and Favian would even talk to Lucifer was because they, unlike everyone else in the birth cave, had a brain. They could actually push pass he fact that Lucifer wasn't all smiles and communicate with him despite that fact. It was ridiculous how some of the hatchlings in the birth cave saw the word. One negative comment and you were a satanic being who was being rude for no good reason. Lucifer couldn't help but feel that someone else needed to raise the hatchlings in the birth cave. Perhaps a new group of caretakers would provide a much more... intelligent group of hatchlings. That would be nice for a change.

"Yeah, that's not going to happen," Lucifer snorted as he picked up his paw and began to glance at his claws. He flexed his talons, watching as the sun reflected off of the razor sharp claws.

"I don't really deal with newborns, you see," Lucifer stated as he glanced over at the newborn momentarily. "I have enough trouble already with dealing with the idiots in the birth cave and their illogical ways of dealing with my comrades and I. Speaking of which, shouldn't you be in the birth cave? You really shouldn't wander out on your own, you know. Some big predator could decide you're a good snack and chomp you up in an instant. I'm pretty sure those fools at the birth cave lack the fundamental components to keep a single newborn in check. Still, that is not a good reason for you to be wandering off on your own. Why don't you just get on up and waddle back into the cave and wait for an older hatchling to escort you out, hm?" Lucifer returned his gaze to his claws and began to flex them. He observed the muscles in his paw relax and contract, as though mesmerized by the simple movement. Surely Lucifer took better care of his claws than most. He doubted the birth cave had a hunter as great as him. He'd take his time to hunt for them, but letting them whither away and die seemed like a much more likeable proposal.

Edited by Doctortear

(From this point on I'm not going to intricately weave what Demetrio is reacting to in my posts... Saves me time. I hope I can post more in the summer months. This is also a pathetic post. I will do better.)

user posted image

Demetrio stopped walking when Astra had become lost. Astra seemed most distressed by this predicament, even though the lake and the cave weren't far.

Astra seems kind of worried. Maybe we should try to find our way back, or get someone to find us. But Astra is sad... We should do something fun!

In a moment of total disregard for their situation, Demetrio ran up to Astra and tapped her lightly with his foreleg.

"Tag! You're it!"

It did not occur to Demetrio in the slightest that he didn't quite know what 'Tag' was, and that Astra probably didn't, either. At once he ran ahead, but not far.

Edited by Coryn02

user posted image

No follow? Go back cave? But... No like cave! Cave bad, this good! Immediately, Azre felt confused. If this dragon also liked sun, why would he tell her to to back to the birth cave? There was nothing but darkness there. What were predators, anyway? They sounded dangerous, but if they wanted a snack, wouldn't the yummy thing she had earlier be better? She shook her head, smiling happily. "Cave bad, here good! Here bright, warm! Cave dark, cold! Stay here, follow you, please? Predator chomp yummy thing, chomp red round! Me red, but no round."

Playfully, Azre dropped onto her haunches and waggled her tail, almost mischievously. She sprang up, trying to reach the branch Lucifer was on to prove that she could climb trees too, but her weak legs didn't get close. She tumbled back to the ground, landing flat on her stomach with a loud oomph. She tried again, but from a different angle, jumping from the side of the tree instead, but without enough height, the different techniques were meaningless. "How you go up? Me want up too! Me want up, follow you in tree!"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Cave bad? Here good? Who was drilling this nonsense into this hatchlings head? Was the cave so incompetent that they'd let a newborn believe such a thing? Lucifer would of face palmed had the hatchling not started to try and jump into the tree. Deciding not to interfere, Lucifer stopped examining his claws and watched curiously as the newborn began to jump up and down with her claws flailing upward. A rush of adrenaline shot through Lucifer as he saw the hatchling fail its first attempt and land on its stomach. He could hear his conscience telling to check if that the hatchling was okay and he heeded it wordlessly. Just as he motioned forward, the female got up, lowered herself on her haunches, and tried again. Though strained, Lucifer sat himself back down and watched the Sunstone hatchling once more tried to get up the tree. It was a bit unsettling since a voice in Lucifer's head kept telling him to make sure the Sunstone was not injured. For the most part, Lucifer ignored the voice.

"How you go up? Me want up too! Me want up, follow you in tree!"

"Your body hasn't developed enough," Lucifer explained as he stood up and walked over to the hatchling. "You'll have to grow bigger before you can even attempt to climb trees." Effortless, Lucifer raced up the base of the trunk and tread across the lowest branch. Laying down, Lucifer lazily glanced over that the Sunstone. No doubt she'd be in a fit if he made it so she couldn't get up the tree. Well it wasn't his problem! She should be back at the cave, not bugging him!

Oh come on, she doesn't know any better. She should be back at the cave, but it wouldn't hurt to mess around for a little while, would it? After all, she's only not allowed outside with supervision and you seem to be looking over her pretty well.

Oh, shut up.

Although annoyed, Lucifer did see the truth in the voice's words. He was technically looking over the newborn so she didn't need to go back to the birth cave at the moment. Still, Lucifer wasn't a babysitter. He didn't need to be watching over this whelp! However, it wouldn't hurt to humor her, would it? Flicking his tail towards the hatchling, Lucifer scooped her up in his tail, coiling it around her small fragile body. He lifted her up carefully and plopped her down on the branch, making sure to keep her steady before letting go of her.

"There," he huffed calmly. "You're up in the tree. Feel better now?"

Edited by Doctortear

((Post will have some skipping of stuff. I'm pretending that we are back when Spira responded.))

Sierra

Sierra started a little. Someone actually thanked her? An actual real thanks? She almost couldn't believe it. After all that a thanks was not what she expected. However, this did not mean she didn't appreciate it. It felt nice. She hadn't felt good much so this was a welcomed change of mood. However, she still didn't feel completely good. She still wanted to be counted for something. A sudden thought occurred to her. She was counted for something! just not in the way she would like. In fact, the person she counted for something to was Aerix! The big, lumbering pile of bird poop! Ha! The very thought made Sierra laugh. Now that her mind wasn't so occupied with other matters, she realized she was starving and hurt. Well, hunger could be easily fixed. All she had to do was eat some berries or some animal. Easy. Or so she thought.

((Yay, post. Pretty short, though. Glad that there's only one character I can respond too.))

user posted image

The rushing air around her as Lucifer pulled her up was exhilarating. Not scarily so, but with just enough speed to make it fun. What was more fun was sitting up so high and looking at everything below her. It wasn't that the height was great. A hatchling could fall and stand up uninjured, other than a few bruises, maybe. But it was a neat sight for someone so young. "Dank you! Azre like you lots! You Azre favorite! Be friend? I follow you?" She finished by staring up pleadingly, whipping her tail from side to side. Her actions weren't meant to convince Lucifer to comply, but merely instinctual mechanisms. Something urged her to do so, just as it had urged her to eat the fruit. Hastily, a "Pwease?" was added, then she fell silent, leaving only the thumping sounds from her flailing tail. Impatiently, she held her positions, silently begging this nice pink dragon to sat yes. He seemed almost like an older brother, not quite being super friendly, but kindly guiding her through things she didn't yet know. "Azre pwomise Azre learn climb twee!" As if to prove her abilities, she turned carefully and walked back and forth on the branch for a few seconds.

Edited by KoalaNoob