SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

The hatchling had been hearing strange sounds that hurt his ears all day. Maybe if I can get out of this thing then I could see what's been making the noises. Before he tried to do anything first he decided to give himself a name. What's a name again? He thought to himself, then he remembered. How about Laurie? Nah, Lifaen, maybe but no, I know Laufin! My name shall be Laufin. Laufin struggled to get out of his egg at first but when he did finally get out the air seemed to get hot all of a sudden. It's so hot out here! Laufin liked the coldness of were he used to live but out here, it's like he was in a desert! He looked cautiously around and saw that about five or six dragons. "Hello." He said confidently. The dragons looked nice but the heat was starting to get to him. Maybe when these dragons introduce themselves I could ask them were a river is or something so I can cool down.

user posted image

Voices. They penetrated the darkness like a blade whistling through the still night air. The Snow Angel struggled to awake from her unconsciousness, and blinked her scarlet eyes a couple of times in confusion. She could have sworn that she had heard the voices around her in her dream. Shrugging off her uneasiness, the unhatched dragon contemplated what to do. Well, you dummy, she scolded herself silently. Of course you have to get out! With that last thought she writhed, kicked, and bucked until a tiny hole appeared. She wrinkled her nose in pain against the harsh light, but she knew she wasn't done. Scrabbling for a hold against the edges of the hole, the Snow Angel hatchling toppled out of her egg with a strangled cry, into the shadowy recesses of the large cave. "Hello? Where-Where am I?" she called out to the other hatchlings that were huddled around the cavern, wincing involuntarily as her clear voice echoed eerily off of the damp cave walls. Struggling to her paws, she staggered over to the center of the clearing. The Snow Angel caught sight of a uncomfortable-looking Winter Seasonal out of the corner of her eye, and craned her neck to get a better look of him. "Hi! Did you just hatch too?"

Edited by SpiritWolfe

user posted image

Skylene looked over at the hatchling who was flying next to her. "It is great to fly! The wind feels great, there's so much excitement-" She suddenly stopped talking mid-sentence, trying to recall who the hatchling was and how it knew her name. Who...who is this?...

"I'm sorry, but what's your name? I don't believe we have met." she called out to her.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

user posted image

Ismene beamed in agreement as the breeze embraced her as her colorful wings slid through the air smoothly. "Yeah, I know! It's so great up here, and you can see everything!" She frowned slightly in confusion as the Blusang Lindwurm hatchling stopped mid-sentence, delving deep in her mind. She didn't recall Skylene introducing herself to her. "Oh, I'm sorry, I probably heard your name somewhere in the cave..." What a great way to start introductions, she thought glumly, kicking herself inwardly. Blushing fiercely, she murmured shyly, "Well, my name's Ismene, and I'm a Ridgewing. What are you? There seems to be a lot of different breeds." She swooped down closer to Skylene, gliding neck to neck.

user posted image

Skylene smiled, and was glad the introductions were out of the way. As she pondered the next question, she had to move quickly to avoid being hit by Ismene, who had moved closer to hear her answer. I've never actually thought about my breed, it never occured to me once what it was... She cleared her throat for what she expected to be an awkward answer. "Well, I actually am not sure what breed I am. I've never even thought about it. I guess other dragons like you already know your breed, so I'm not sure why I don't." Skylene quickly glanced at herself. "I'm blue and beige...I have wings and no back legs...I have a long tail...what does that make me?" She hoped Ismene would not answer her sarcastically.

Luye

"Okay okay! " The soulpeace nodded and hared after Favian. "I wonder if we'll find a big cave full of monsters. Or a waterfall. With a cave! Maybe we'll see Team Beta/Omega. It's possible. I'm chattering again, aren't I? sorry. ...... Okay so wanna get lost?" Luye chattered to Favian. Getting lost would be AWESOME! Times the number after one! Then they could tell the new hatchlings about it.

user posted image

"Oh my, that's a lot of new hatchlings!" Kiska cocked her head, looking at them. There was another creamy white dragon, although she looked a lot bigger, and she had wings too, as well as faint stripes that looked as though they were just beginning to appear. She didn't look like she had just hatched. Hmm, weird. I wonder where she came from. An icy blue hatchling, who looked rather uncomfortable, though she had no idea why, was blinking pleasantly at her. Is he... hot? But it's not even that warm in the cave! Beside him was yet another white hatchling, but with green paws and a green-tipped tail. She oddly reminded Kiska of snow and gave her a nice, festive feeling. I wonder if she's also a special dragon. she thought, thinking of the Heartseeker and the Shadow Walker. "Hi there." she greeted them, starting to get used to all the new hatchlings popping out of their shells.

user posted image

"Why would we want to get lost?" Favian gasped in shock. "If we get lost, then we may never find the cave where we hatched again! What if we get separated? What if we can't find the river? What if we can't find food? What if we get attacked by something? What if we get sick?" Favian shook his head."No, we don't want to get lost." Favian proclaimed, "However, we do want to explore our surroundings. We can still see the world without getting lost. Besides, I doubt we will get lost. We have Skylene flying above us, remember?" Favian lifted his head and searched the sky for Skylene. Surprisingly, Favian saw another hatchling flying with Skylene. A memory popped into Favian's head. He recognized that hatchling. Favian remembered seeing a purple hatchling with a full set of wings standing alone while the other hatchlings chatted. Favian remembered seeing the hatchling vaguely and only for a few seconds, but the hatchling's wings stood out. I wonder what she's planning to do now that she's outside. Favian's curiosity didn't fade, but the enigma that was the Earth lured Favian away from the peculiar hatchling. "Anyone have any more questions before we set off?" Favian asked the group. He didn't look at him, but Favian directed the question towards Luye. If he had anything else to say, now would be the time to blurt it out.

Edited by Doctortear

Luye

user posted image

"Well I didn't say we HAVE to get lost." Luye rolled his eyes. When Favian said if they had any more questions, he, for once, was silent as stone. Until he thought of something. "If we get attacked, we can kill the thing and eat it!" Although he wasn't sure he could eat the "thing".

Edited by girlfairy76

user posted image

"Sure," Favian said nonchalantly, "if we get attacked, Luye gets dibs on the first bite." Even thought I'm pretty sure Luye can't digest meat. Favian looked around expectantly for someone else to spew out a question. Hopefully, someone doesn't ask if we can make friends with the animals.

"Hi." He said to the white hatchling, "My name's Laufin, what's yours?" Laufin was starting to sweat now, I seriously have to get cool soon or I'm going to melt!

Kalana approached Laufin.

"Maybe you should go outside. There is shade, and some water you can swim in... If you know how."

user posted image

Ismene's nodded as Skylene spoke, rattling off a list of her characteristics. Her eyes widened in surprise when the other hatchling noted that she had back legs; Ismene seemed to notice that for the first time. Indeed, Skylene did not have hind legs! Something clicked in the young Ridgewing's brain. No hind legs, a long tail... "I know!" she blurted out, nearly knocking into Skylene as she flapped her wings in satisfaction. "You're a Lindwurm! But I think there's something else..." Ismene's tilted her head, studying Skylene's blue and beige scales carefully. Suddenly, out of the corner if her eye, she noticed that a Purple hatchling was looking up at her. She waved at him and smiled briefly, before turning her attention back to Skylene.

user posted image

The Snow Angel hatchling blinked and nodded as a pure white hatchling with icy blue eyes greeted the Winter Seasonal - Wasn't his name Laufin? - and herself warmly. After Laufin had introduced himself, she stepped forward, but realized that she had no name. A name? Lets make it short and simple. Dei? Del? Dre? Yes, Dre! She smiled brightly, the words tumbling out if her mouth. "Hi guys! My name is Dre! What's your name?" Dre asked eagerly, her scarlet eyes flitting to the White hatchling. Before she could answer, she shifted her position to face the Winter Seasonal. "Are you Laufin? Well, of course you're Laufin, you just said so! Are you okay?" Dre felt like she could keep talking on and on, but she took a few deep breaths as she wait for them to respond.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

user posted image

Did...did that Ridgewing just wave at me? There's nothing wrong with that but....still. Favian shifted his paws. I should find out more about her later. Maybe I can ask about her once Skylene comes back. Well, that's if Skylene does come back. She is, after all, overseeing the groups. "Are we all ready to go?" Favian asked his group.

user posted image

"A Lindwurm?" asked Skylene, brushing herself off, "Just how did you figure that out? What's a Lindwurm anyway?" She began to sound suspicious, was there something the rest were hiding from her? She wouldn't let that happen, she couldn't. But something seemed a bit odd.

Spira was starting to get bored. Sure, all the wildlife was cool, but nothing was happening. NOTHING. At first, Luye's idea of adventure seemed scary, but now, she was hoping that a huge monster would suddenly jump out and kill them all. Sighing, she continued to follow Favian.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kalana really wanted to take care of the hatchlings, but she wasn't sure what to do. They looked bored... maybe she could play a game with them.

"Hey, do any of you want to play a game?"

user posted image

Favian lead his group through the forest. The forest was very lively. Noises pierced the air, small, brown furry animals chased each other on the trees, birds sang melodies, and the breeze made the branches dance through the wind. Unlike some of his companions, Favian was excited. There are so many things here! I wonder what that is. What does that do? What's that smell? Did I just hear something? What's that sound? No really, what's that sound. Favian stopped when he heard a low growl. Favian warned his group to stay back. The growl grew louder and louder. We aren't going to be attacked, are we? Favian was getting scared. However, a sudden rush of emotion flooded over him. If this beast attacks my group, I will defend them! Favian suddenly wished he had wings. Maybe then he could hide the group from view, letting them escape before the beast attacked.

Spira was actually excited. Something was happening. But since it could be dangerous... "Favian, back up. You're the leader, and we need you."

user posted image

Favian reluctantly took a few steps back. If they were going to flee, Favian would be the last one to leave. Favian didn't want anyone getting attacked by the beast. Of course, Favian saw the logic in not losing him. Losing Favian now would result in low morale and confusion in the group. We need to get away. "Back away slowly." Favian instructed his group. No one was going to die today.

Even though Spira knew it was safer to leave, she thought it would be better to have a flying group scout the area and check what the growling was. It could attack their stronghold, or scare off all their food. She almost told Favian, but caught herself before she made noise and alerted the beast? Or was it another dragon?

user posted image

A bush rustled and a large shape bursted out. Favian hissed and stood his guard. A large canine glared over at the hatchlings. Its tongue was rolled out and it was panting for air. It looked under groomed with all its fur sticking out everywhere. Surprisingly it didn't look that aggressive. It was still growling, but no signs of hostile behavior was shown. Strange, is it just growling because of some sort of defect? Whatever was making the dog growl, it didn't seem to matter. The dog looked over at the hatchlings curiously and sniffed the ground. Even though it was bigger than some of the hatchlings, the dog seemed tame and maybe even friendly.

Spira backed away and snarled.

"I think we should go. Fast. This dog doesn't seem healthy. This could happen to us if we expose ourselves to it."

user posted image

Favian backed away. Spira was right, this dog had something wrong with it. "Let's get out of here." Favian commanded his group. The dog sniffed a leaf and wagged its tail as it saw a bug crawl across the ground. Something is seriously wrong with this animal. Favian turned and tried to remove his group from the dog's presence.

Edited by Doctortear

((OOC: Okay, I know I should be using the OOC thread, but Favian is a GIRL?!)

"Just run." Spira said, but she herself didn't run yet.

((OOC: Typo))

user posted image

Favian turned to see Spira wasn't running. "What are you waiting for?" he asked, "Get going!" Favian nudged Spira to get moving. Hopefully, Spira wasn't frozen in terror.