Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

No, but I've heard of the stuff that's happening. If Capcom merges with Nintendo though, it could really up their sales which is good considering the WiiU has caused them to hit some pretty hard times :c

My thoughts, too!

Here's hoping Zelda WiiU and of course Smash Bros really helps them out, though! I honestly think the WiiU is underrated. Those that actually have them, or have at least had significant experience with them like them. A lot. It's the people that don't have much experience with them or absolutely none at all that are like "It's stupid! The game pad is a stupid design choice blah blah blah!"

One issue is that the advertising on it is so bad. I have friends that think it's just another controller. Not kidding.

But everyone I know with one loves it. Everyone I know without one who's used mine or another friend's has loved it. It's those pesky people with no experience. To be honest though, the initial release selection of games was pretty bad.

One issue is that the advertising on it is so bad. I have friends that think it's just another controller. Not kidding.

But everyone I know with one loves it. Everyone I know without one who's used mine or another friend's has loved it. It's those pesky people with no experience. To be honest though, the initial release selection of games was pretty bad.

They didn't have a major title! At least the first Wii had Twilight Princess and I think Brawl was right around the corner or at least announced by that time or something, not like the poor WiiU :c Seriously though I did a project on TP and after Wii Sports and Wii Fit (of which Sports was sold with the Wii) TP was the highest selling Wii game at release out of all of them. Not too surprising, really.

Course while I think this game will help sales, I also feel like those who already know about the game already have a console to play it on, and it's more likely that they have a 3DS since it along with the Wii are Nintendo's best selling consoles. Kids that want a WiiU to play it on still might not get a WiiU if they have a 3DS because their parents will see that they can play the game on the 3DS and be like "But you can play it on that, so why do you need this extra thing that costs more money?"

Yeah. There was standard Mario platformer, but eh... Brawl had a multitude of great launch titles, and it was a new system with a neat gimmick. I think people feel like WiiU is either just an extra controller, or a reused gimmick with a reused system with no launch titles. So sad, since the WiiU has so much potential. The E3 games were epic. (Actually, I think there's a video on YouTube explaining why WiiU failed).

I heard that the 3ds controls well, but c'mon, it's a fighting game! You NEED the full screen! Besides, it's way for fun when you can play with friends and family without needing to stare at a different system. The WiiU is reeeaaaalllllyyyy expensive though, and a lot of people don't want to risk wasting money on it. Still, WiiU is cool! People, try half-new half-old things! They're awesome!

Hopefully, Universe will convince some people who like SSB to get a WiiU, but releasing it for 3ds and having it come out first was a pretty bad sales choice, Nintendo...

Edited by KoalaNoob

(Actually, I think there's a video on YouTube explaining why WiiU failed).

I heard that the 3ds controls well, but c'mon, it's a fighting game! You NEED the full screen! Besides, it's way for fun when you can play with friends and family without needing to stare at a different system. The WiiU is reeeaaaalllllyyyy expensive though, and a lot of people don't want to risk wasting money on it. Still, WiiU is cool! People, try half-new half-old things! They're awesome!

Hopefully, Universe will convince some people who like SSB to get a WiiU, but releasing it for 3ds and having it come out first was a pretty bad sales choice, Nintendo...

There's probably a few, but the one I've seen was the Game Theorists one. I don't really agree with it 100% though...

The WiiU isn't THAT expensive. I think it's only about $200 (maybe for a used one but I think I've seen new at that price), which is about as expensive as a new 3DS XL (a bit more, but still). But like I said, parents won't see that "they need a bigger screen" but that "they can already play this game on something I already bought, why spend more money on something?"

Also yup, I think the 3DS version coming out first was a HORRID decision. But then, maybe they just want to place their bets on the 3DS version more because that console is already doing well? Maybe it's the smarter move. I really think they should have come out at the same time or had the WiiU version out first, though. There are those that just want to play the game NOW NOW NOW that might have had a 3DS, but since they didn't want to wait, they could have gotten a WiiU just to play it early if that had been the case!

Yeah, it was the Game Theorists one. Same as you, I don't completely agree, but they do bring out a few good points.

A lot of parents with kids don't like getting used ones for some reason, and it's hard to find those in some places. And lots of people prefer handhelds since they can go anywhere, and have gems like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Zelda.

On the statement about what parents see, that's not completely true. I know many people who have parents more enthusiastic about games than the kids. (Also, 200$ is a lot for broke little kids not old enough to have jobs ;_;)

Maybe they're trying to bury the WiiU, but I doubt that considering all the amazing games announced. I dunno, it might be a desperate attempt to catch some money, fast.

---

There's something I'm kind of wondering, and that's whether or not Snake will return. People loved him, but he was a guest character, so I don't know.

Oh if Nintendo acquires capcom they should include someone from the monster hunter series in Smash.

Or at least have a couple assist trophies. Cha-Cha or Kayamba or one of the Felynes (could do a felyne bomb) would be cool.

A monster hunter themed stage would be really cool too! They could have all sorts of huge monsters (or even little ones) to be stage hazards.

I just bought a Wii U on friday for $299, but it came with Super Mario U + Super Luigi U.

I already had the target buy 2 get 1 game, one of which was Mario Kart 8 which upon registration with club nintendo I got a free game (Zelda Windwaker HD).

If people pay attention to the deals that go on like that, then it's really not all that bad of a price.

I'm having a lot of fun with it!

Though I agree I wish the games would come out at the same time.... Though I wonder if part of it is they don't want parents to think they're the exact same game?

Maybe it would have been better to release the Wii U version first to maybe help boost console sales?

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

It's probably a bit late to be putting in new characters, since the game seems to be near it's final stage. But I don't know anything about game programming, so I'm probably wrong. If Nintendo and Capcom merge of something, it'll be too late by the time that happens.

But I guess they could have it as a secret stage or Assist Trophy or something? That would be pretty cool.

True, unless they already had something up their sleeves to begin with.

But you're right, development takes a long time. The game they have now should be almost complete. They're probably working out bugs and glitches, and finalizing all the graphics. All the framework should be done.

Guess I can hope for Smash 5 right?

(They probably could sneak in an assist trophy though)

Maybe they did! They had Snake as a guest character, nobody expected that.

Smash 5. I wonder when that's coming out? 3, 4 years? There probably won't be another one until the next Wii/home console. We'll be enjoying this one for a long time, I think.

Yeah, maybe. But it would be pretty rushed, since they'd have to create all the graphics, programming, and little details in a short amount of time.

It's probably a bit late to be putting in new characters, since the game seems to be near it's final stage. But I don't know anything about game programming, so I'm probably wrong. If Nintendo and Capcom merge of something, it'll be too late by the time that happens.

But I guess they could have it as a secret stage or Assist Trophy or something? That would be pretty cool.

It is, actually! I mean, it's not impossible, but after you pretty much get into a certain stage of game making, anything added in afterwards is called "feature creep" and should be avoided.

Actually, since Monster Hunter has been on at least one Nintendo console, technically they have the possibility of adding it to Smash Bros because it IS a licensed Nintendo product. They still have to get permissions, but considering that Nintendo and Capcom seem to get along on pretty good terms, I think getting permissions for a Capcom game would be much easier c:

(seriously though, they are definitely on good terms. Capcom has had a good slew of games on Nintendo consoles, and Nintendo and Capcom worked together to make the Zelda: Four Swords and Oracles series on GBA!)

Okay, thanks for the info. ^^

That'll be cool. Non-pure Nintendo things are great in Smash Brothers for so many reasons, like variety and just overall epicness.

Nintendo and Capcom are good friends now, but there was the mario and sonic console war. There's seriously a book documenting it, and having them fight in SSBB was so perfect. Hope Sonic's in Universe.

Okay, thanks for the info. ^^

That'll be cool. Non-pure Nintendo things are great in Smash Brothers for so many reasons, like variety and just overall epicness.

Nintendo and Capcom are good friends now, but there was the mario and sonic console war. There's seriously a book documenting it, and having them fight in SSBB was so perfect. Hope Sonic's in Universe.

Sonic is Sega though o: Capcom doesn't have any consoles (well idk, maybe they had one unsuccessful one, but as far as I know they just have games, no consoles o3o)

Sonic IS in Universe. He's one of the returning characters. Here is a list of all confirmed characters! You could also just look at the official site, of course. :Y

I mean, Mega Man IS going to be there. That's a Capcom character who I think has had nearly every one of his games solely on Nintendo consoles.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

There were Sega consoles. Mario and Sonic used to be huge rivals. :c

can't believe I missed that! So sorry, I'm not that organized X)

Yeah. What do you think of Mega Man's OHKO move?

There were Sega consoles. Mario and Sonic used to be huge rivals. :c

can't believe I missed that! So sorry, I'm not that organized X)

Yeah. What do you think of Mega Man's OHKO move?

Yeah, but that's because of the fact that the games were similar and the consoles fought for consumers. There were a lot more companies then. Now, the only major ones left are Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft. And sort of Nvidia, I guess? Possibly Valve if Steam Box is successful. Capcom has NO consoles so it's not competing against Nintendo like Sega did. And besides, Sega was bought by Nintendo. :P

Not sure. Mega Man's smash is cool, though! It has all of his different incarnations pop up and blast the opponents with a beam kinda like Samus's final smash (regular, not ZS)

Ahhhhhh nevermind, I confused Capcom with Sega ;_; Apologies, I'm tired.

Nintendo's just buying all the smaller companies... Odd, there aren't that many Sega characters in SSB for some reason. I wish there were more, Nintendo's cast is great but gets dull after a bit.

But OHKO moves aren't fun... I hated baseball bat and I'm going to hate (and still abuse) Mega Man and Villager. I hope they're slightly bad otherwise to compensate, because characters like Mario and Pikachu will start falling behind. Hope ZS Samus gets a better final smash >.>

Also, you know Ike? He hit ridiculously hard back in Brawl, and his new design looks much more muscular, to put it lightly. Do you think he'll hit harder of all things? Because that's a very scary thought.

I can't remember if ZSS's new smash was talked about or not, but due to the lack of form changing in this coming game, I doubt she'll be putting her clothes back on :P I think they did say what it was but I forgot looool

Maybe Ike will inherit Roy's B move of doom. Remember that? Yeah, I do too. RIP Roy....At least Project M has Roy and Mewtwo in it ;n; But I really hate a lot that they did to Pit and Lucario. They made Lucario faster, which was a blessing, and made Extreme Speed deal damage, but I hate most of the rest they did with him D:

I hope it's something good. ZSS is a really good character, and normal Samus wasn't nearly as good, so taking the smash from your opponent forced you to use it which really sucked.

YES. IKE SHOULD GET THAT. Seriously, shy not? He takes so many more steroids is so much more muscular than Roy, he deserves that move. Project M is neat, but yeah, it messed up Lucario and Lucario is awesome. D:

A good Final Smash for ZSS would be her getting in her gunship from Zero Mission and shooting stuff, sorta like an airborne Landmaster. Or maybe the purple gunship from Fusion. Those were my two favorite incarnations of her gunship. Or, of course, she could ride around on a Dachora. "Hey, how'd you get KO'd last time?" "I was pecked to death by a fast, green Kiwi bird!" I love Dachoras so much.

Ike is neat, but sorta slow. I tend to use fast characters so I'm used to lighter gravity and movement. If he gets a speed buff I'd be pleased.

Basically a more epic version of Diddy Kong's final smash? That sounds pretty good, since it would be less awkward to control compared to landmasters. I dunno about Dachoras, since the Samus is SSB seems more about guns and electric whips, so super advanced technology stuff.

I prefer light characters as well, but Ike hits so hard with so much knockback. I main Pikachu, and Ike generally has issues hitting me, but when he hits, I go flying. But his jump sucks. I like pressing up and actually going up.

Nintendo doesn't own Sega. Sega was not purchased by Nintendo.

I thought they did own them by now? I thought I remembered seeing something about Sega being a part of Nintendo. Maybe not, though. o3o Could also just be thinking of some other company being bought by another, like Rare and Microsoft ;~;

I know there's lots of Sonic stuff in various Nintendo games now but that's not why I thought Sega was a part of Nintendo.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Ike is neat, but sorta slow. I tend to use fast characters so I'm used to lighter gravity and movement. If he gets a speed buff I'd be pleased.

It'd certainly make sense based on his abilities in FE

I pretty much use Ike's side B to move around. And he doesn't need to be in the air, so unless you're recovering, jump doesn't matter much. I only really ever have trouble with characters that have quick recovery moves that let them goes sidewards. So.. Pikachu, Fox and co., and Lucario. Because they get behind you irritatingly quick. Most anyone else I just punch if they try to run past. And Aether when they aim to go over of course c:

Ike needs to jump to do aerials, though. Aether works a lot of the time, but the lag is annoying when there are multiple people, so up aerial is really useful. Otherwise, yeah, just stand there and punch anyone trying to get past since he has such high priority.