Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

Okay okay okay, before I go on another fangirl tangent about my unnatural love for Ridley, I love those Chorus Men. I don't even know who they are or that they even existed up until now but if they're real I will definitely be using them. (Also Mewtwo? Please let this rumor be real or I will light myself on fire and jump off a cliff because THAT is how much I want this to be true).

Okay okay okay, before I go on another fangirl tangent about my unnatural love for Ridley, I love those Chorus Men. I don't even know who they are or that they even existed up until now but if they're real I will definitely be using them. (Also Mewtwo? Please let this rumor be real or I will light myself on fire and jump off a cliff because THAT is how much I want this to be true).

Right? I feel like they would have some awesome sound-based attacks. c: Maybe they're kind of like the Pikmin, where the more Chorus Men you have, the more powerful your attacks are!

If Mewtwo is back <33333

I don't think Pikmin work that way though? Olimar only gets a better recovery and more variety, from my experience.

But if Chorus amen do do that, I'm kind of wondering how they would summon more of themselves. Like I said, I know nothing about Rhythm Heaven, but I assume they have no commander?

I don't think Pikmin work that way though? Olimar only gets a better recovery and more variety, from my experience.

But if Chorus amen do do that, I'm kind of wondering how they would summon more of themselves. Like I said, I know nothing about Rhythm Heaven, but I assume they have no commander?

I meant they would be like Pikmin in that you could get up to 5...? :U Also I figured their recovery would work similarly.

Not that I have any idea how they would be summoned. XD Also I think the player is supposed to be the conductor. o3o

Ooh, it's be fun to control a swarm of them. The hitbox might be kind of weird though. Also, I'm pretty sure there won't be a player, so maybe they could have some kind of summoning song?

I think it's up to three Pikmin in Universe. Kind of sad, but Olimar's apparently received numerous buffs.

Has anybody else read something about the figurines about SSB3DS? I read a magazine and read that they were going to have figurines that you can personally customize and max levels out and everything.

Uh, I haven't heard of that. It sounds cool, though I'm not sure how the levels would work? I mean, if they buffed in-game characters, that would be pretty iffy.

Yay, I tried out the demo today. I like how it plays out, except I keep going to the d-pad and end up taunting all the time.

Yeah, the current control configuration is *really* messing with how I play.

Also, it feels like the CPUs have more skewed power. The 1-3s seem even dumber and weaker than before, while once you get up to just 5+ it gets considerably more difficult. o3o idk they just harder than the ones in Brawl. Brawl's CPUs were fairly dumb, though the increase in AI was less drastic, so it was a more steady increase. Now it's crazy. D: I used to be able to deal with high-level CPUs fairly well. CPU Villager is especially dangerous.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Yeah, the current control configuration is *really* messing with how I play.

Also, it feels like the CPUs have more skewed power. The 1-3s seem even dumber and weaker than before, while once you get up to just 5+ it gets considerably more difficult. o3o idk they just harder than the ones in Brawl. Brawl's CPUs were fairly dumb, though the increase in AI was less drastic, so it was a more steady increase. Now it's crazy. D: I used to be able to deal with high-level CPUs fairly well. CPU Villager is especially dangerous.

Definitely.

In Brawl, I could beat level nines with no problems. But it was scaled very well.

In Universe, not so much. The level sixes were flying around and pummelling me on my first game, and then I switched to level one to test. And then the CPU just stood there. While I was in front of his face. And charging a smash. I enjoy the shield and grab, placements, though. It works pretty instinctively, though I liked having to push two buttons for a smash- more challenge for a powerful move.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Well, the thing is I rarely use the shoulder buttons on *any* DS title (except for like...Mystery Dungeon!) so the shoulder buttons, while they're a decent placement, aren't ideal. I'd like to have the grab and shield on X and Y, since right now they're just jumps. I want to put smashes on the d-pad if I can. the rest of the buttons are totally fine.

But yes, the CPUs are crazy. I think they were scaled like that to have the higher levels actually being a *challenge* and appealing to the hardcore group, while levels like 4 and lower are easier for casual. Though, imo, I wish there was a little more variety in the low levels. 3-4 is really decent, but 1 and 2 seem even more dumbed down than the lowest level in Brawl, which is annoying because it seems a little...patronizing at best!

I was floored by a level 5, okay. That's ridiculous.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Well, the thing is I rarely use the shoulder buttons on *any* DS title (except for like...Mystery Dungeon!) so the shoulder buttons, while they're a decent placement, aren't ideal. I'd like to have the grab and shield on X and Y, since right now they're just jumps. I want to put smashes on the d-pad if I can. the rest of the buttons are totally fine.

But yes, the CPUs are crazy. I think they were scaled like that to have the higher levels actually being a *challenge* and appealing to the hardcore group, while levels like 4 and lower are easier for casual. Though, imo, I wish there was a little more variety in the low levels. 3-4 is really decent, but 1 and 2 seem even more dumbed down than the lowest level in Brawl, which is annoying because it seems a little...patronizing at best!

I was floored by a level 5, okay. That's ridiculous.

I actually hold it with my pointer fingers placed over them, and my hands tend to tense whenever I'm close to the enemy or being attacked- easy block/grab! But yeah, apparently a lot of people don't use it that way.

I never tried the x and y buttons, too lazy. I hit one of them and it was smash, though? I'm not sure, only played it on my friend's DS for five minutes. I know the circle pad is really smooth, but I always feel like I'm going to break it, and is like my thumb sliding over the buttons, not with it. It's not terrible, I mean, but the jump is especially annoying,

Shoulder buttons should totally be taunt, by the way. I mean, seriously. Why not.

My hands don't do that. They do that with larger controllers like playstation/xbox/gamecube/wiiu but not the DS. It's too slender, I guess? My fingers just aren't up there! It's not uncomfortable, but it feels weird.

X and Y are just extra jump buttons.

I like the shoulders being grab/shield. I really don't care about taunts. They serve no real function.

My hands don't do that. They do that with larger controllers like playstation/xbox/gamecube/wiiu but not the DS. It's too slender, I guess? My fingers just aren't up there! It's not uncomfortable, but it feels weird.

X and Y are just extra jump buttons.

I like the shoulders being grab/shield. I really don't care about taunts. They serve no real function.

Eh, it's different for different people, I think. I was taught to hold the DS that way, and it stuck.

Smash is still AB then? I guess I was actually passing both buttons. *is seriously stupid*.

The D-pad being taunt really bugs me though. I want to play down there, but it just taunts and kills me.

I have a 3DS XL that fits perfectly in my hands, so L/R are pretty easy for me to bump whenever. I played the demo like twice before getting bored. Partially because I don't like the circle pad for quick movements and partially because there's really not much to do >_>

EDIT: Smash is A+tapdirection

And yeah, I really hate having my D-pad be taunt. As I said, I don't like the circle pad for quick movements. It's more fluid, but not as easy to use imo

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I have a 3DS XL that fits perfectly in my hands, so L/R are pretty easy for me to bump whenever. I played the demo like twice before getting bored. Partially because I don't like the circle pad for quick movements and partially because there's really not much to do >_>

EDIT: Smash is A+tapdirection

And yeah, I really hate having my D-pad be taunt. As I said, I don't like the circle pad for quick movements. It's more fluid, but not as easy to use imo

The circle pad's time needed to return to origins all position matters so much more than expected. That split second is terrible, and takes away from the fast-paced action this game wants. It wouldn't be as terrible if it was Brawl, which is slower and more deliberate, but it doesn't work here.

Wait, if dirA is smash, then what's special and pummel?

Has anybody else read something about the figurines about SSB3DS? I read a magazine and read that they were going to have figurines that you can personally customize and max levels out and everything.

The Amiibos? They're for the Wii U for now. The New 3DS model (the Gameboy Advance to the Gameboy) is supposed to have that ability to read them though.

I'm really excited about Sm4sh. C:

The Gamestop that I work at is having a midnight release, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm ready to Smash with the Killager.

And Marth, in memory of Roy.

I wish controls could be configured though. I personally don't mind how they are now, but I've heard of some people that aren't too happy with how things are set up.

I've been having no issues with the CPU's. I actually don't think they're very hard at all, even at level 9. But maybe I'm just really used to how Villager plays already and know how to fight and counter the other characters currently available in the demo.

The Amiibos? They're for the Wii U for now. The New 3DS model (the Gameboy Advance to the Gameboy) is supposed to have that ability to read them though.

Oh...so they're not for the 3DS then? Bummer....I was so looking forward to that

Oh...so they're not for the 3DS then? Bummer....I was so looking forward to that

They are, but they aren't coming out until the Wii version does, and you'll need an adapter for them to be read unless you get the New 3DS.

I got it, and have been playing it, my hands my brain and fingers are already got smashed lol. Unlocked 5 characters so far.

Welp. This is gonna take ages to download.

(but it's too worth it)

They are, but they aren't coming out until the Wii version does, and you'll need an adapter for them to be read unless you get the New 3DS.

I just found out about that as well, so yes, amiibos are a go.

(I want to pick them up just because they're actually really awesome looking figures. I'd love to just have them as a collection regardless of game function)

So I've been playing it (Picked up on way home from work) and I'm still maining the Villager. (S)He is my favorite so far of the new characters.

Haven't unlocked Banjo-Kazooie Duck Hunt yet though.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I got Jigglypuff.

*sign*

I still haven't gotten Genenderf. (Ganondorf)

Waiting for the Wii U verison to come out! I love all the new characters and I'm excited to see how they play.

Has anyone else had trouble beating the Master Core? It took me at least five tries to beat the darn thing