Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

I'm really happy I can play as either the male or female Robin! biggrin.gif

Chrom isn't playable though. He's part of Robin's final smash.

I am excited about Robin though (s)he looks pretty awesome.

(I wish we could customize him/her like we do in FE:A but I understand the animating and stuff)

Although, best comment I've seen

"Robin's final smash should have been carefully planning out which characters should marry whom"

(I did SO much of that in awakening :'D)

I'm glad Captain Falcon was confirmed as well. I need my FALCON PAWWWWNCH

(and for people to stop whining about it)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Yes! Falcon is back! I was secretly knew that they couldn't have this game without him

I feel like "FALCON PAWWWWNCH" is one of the hallmarks of Smash Bros. We couldn't live without it :'D

The roster on this game is going to be huge (guessing there will be more characters revealed at some point).

I wonder of the ones they've shown us if any of them are secret characters/need requirements to unlock.

I'd really like to see certain 3rd party characters enter the Smash Bros series some time. :c I think my top picks are Amaterasu from Okami (as it was on the Wii) and Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia (as it was on the Game Cube), or just any character from a Tales game on a Nintendo console (Luke from Tales of the Abyss on the 3DS, Cless from Tales of Phantasia on the SNES and GBA, a Tales of Hearts character as it was on the DS though not localized (might become more popular like the Fire Emblem series), a Tales of Graces character as it was originally on the Wii). I mean, we're getting Pac-Man, who is a Namco character, so Tales characters should fit right in! I'd also like to see Chibi Robo (from the Chibi Robo series on the Game Cube and DS) and possibly more characters from Sonic the Hedgehog, namely Tails and Knuckles (and playable Shadow). Perhaps even a Final Fantasy and/or Kingdom Hearts character (though that's less likely because of Disney's involvement) from a game on a Nintendo console would be nice.

Wolf Link with imp Midna and human-form Midna would also be great characters.

I dunno if we'll be seeing any of those characters any time soon, though.

Super glad for Captain Falcon's return, but he's been around since the beginning and is a staple of Smash Bros's line up, so I kind of doubted that he wouldn't return. I'm really intrigued by that Robin character though! I don't have FE:A but it's one of the games that I do want to get. Sad that Chrom isn't playable, though. Maybe they thought he'd be too much in conjunction with Ike and Marth?

They probably thought having Chrom, Marth, Lucina, and Ike (and sonic) would be pushing it too far past the blue hair quota :'D

I'm happy to have Lucina because CHICK POWER! (Haha, I wouldn't have had a problem without her, but it's always fun to get a kick butt girl in a game every once in a while - which is why I'm very pleased they made a female AC villager, and the female Robin available. And hey, the male wii fit trainer too!).

Robin is actually the "avatar" character (that you play as) for Fire Emblem Awakening. Robin is the default name for him/her.

Which is why I wish we could change the little things on him/her that we could in the game (really just the hair length/style and color, some of the facial features and to pick from a list of voices you wanted for them).

It does make sense for Robin to have Chrom in his/her final smash though. They're like BFFs 5ever in the game :'D (Or in my character's case, total lovebirds)

I'd love to have Ammy in the game but she is in Marvel vs Capcom 3 so I wouldn't hold my breath (even though megaman/characters related to megaman were in that game)

(Ammy is a great fighter, love using her in that one).

I would like more Sonic characters though. Since Sega has been exclusively releasing sonic games on the nintendo systems for a while it would be great if we could get another character (and not a shadow/silver that would be a Sonic "clone"). Knuckles would make sense, but tails would be interesting as well.

I kind of want the Squid girls from Splatoon to be in there xd.png But that game comes out after smash comes out :C

I dunno that we'll see Midna since she's going to be playable in Hyrule Warriors. It'd be cool to get wolf link/Midna though! (Instead of the Toon Link + Regular Link). It's always interesting to play a fighter as a quadruped (like Ammy)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

They probably thought having Chrom, Marth, Lucina, and Ike (and sonic) would be pushing it too far past the blue hair quota :'D

I'm happy to have Lucina because CHICK POWER! (Haha, I wouldn't have had a problem without her, but it's always fun to get a kick butt girl in a game every once in a while - which is why I'm very pleased they made a female AC villager, and the female Robin available. And hey, the male wii fit trainer too!).

Robin is actually the "avatar" character (that you play as) for Fire Emblem Awakening. Robin is the default name for him/her.

Which is why I wish we could change the little things on him/her that we could in the game (really just the hair length/style and color, some of the facial features and to pick from a list of voices you wanted for them).

It does make sense for Robin to have Chrom in his/her final smash though. They're like BFFs 5ever in the game :'D (Or in my character's case, total lovebirds)

I'd love to have Ammy in the game but she is in Marvel vs Capcom 3 so I wouldn't hold my breath (even though megaman/characters related to megaman were in that game)

(Ammy is a great fighter, love using her in that one).

I would like more Sonic characters though. Since Sega has been exclusively releasing sonic games on the nintendo systems for a while it would be great if we could get another character (and not a shadow/silver that would be a Sonic "clone"). Knuckles would make sense, but tails would be interesting as well.

I kind of want the Squid girls from Splatoon to be in there XD But that game comes out after smash comes out :C

Oh, that makes sense. Too much blue hair. D:

I think Lucina is a nice balance for Marth and Ike, though I wish Roy could come back, too.

I know about Robin, haha XD I know about the game and stuff you get to do like plan relationships. That's why I want it lol. I'm just sayin', I really like the moveset I've seen on Robin, using magic and melee. I'm wondering what exactly is the deal with the spell books, though. They seem temporary and then you get another. Maybe it's like Peach's or Olimar's down+special (actually I think for Olimar it's his regular special? Maybe it's down+special, idk I don't use him).

It would be neat if you could alter Robin's appearance, but then I'd want to be able to alter the Villager's appearance. :P At least Chrom is in the Final Smash, though. At least. XD

I love MvC 3 solely for Amaterasu. I like many of the other characters, too, but Ammy is the reason I wanted it. :P I do think it's fine that she's in that game and then in a Smash Bros title, imo. Actually I'd personally really like to see some Street Fighter or Soul Caliber characters in Smash Bros. I know some were on Nintendo consoles, and Link was in Soul Caliber 2. O: I'd like to see it.

I'm scared that Shadow might be a clone, but then I think his fighting style would be a little slower and more fluid compared to Sonic, and he could use his Chaos Control and other stuff for his moves, something Sonic can't do. I think he would also move a bit slower, too.

But Knuckles and Tails? I think they would definitely be unique enough. I'd love to see Knuckles with lots of punching moves and using his gliding and digging for some moves. Tails could use various gadgets and have really good recovery.

The Inklings are adorable! I would LOVE to see them come out! I don't think it matters that they come out afterwards or not. I've seen lots of games, Nintendo or otherwise, that have characters in them that are meant to essentially advertise the game coming out.

I have this for the Wii. I got it for my birthday last year and I was kind of addicted to it at the beginning for a while there. Its more fun when you are actually playing a gainst somebody and not just a computer. I dont really have anyone to play the game with me. My sister is like 8 years older than me so she doesnt really hang out with me a whole lot. But tomorro I have friends coming over to spend the night

I have this for the Wii. I got it for my birthday last year and I was kind of addicted to it at the beginning for a while there. Its more fun when you are actually playing a gainst somebody and not just a computer. I dont really have anyone to play the game with me. My sister is like 8 years older than me so she doesnt really hang out with me a whole lot. But tomorro I have friends coming over to spend the night

But the games are unreleased. How did you get them last year? :C

This thread is on SSB4, or Super Smash Bros. Universe, I think. It's in the title. The Wii title is SSB3, or Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Personally, I'm pretty excited. Kinda sad that WiiU version is coming out so late, but meh, it still looks awesome. Kinda skeptical on the OHKO moves, but Villager is the best recipient, easily.

Oh well sorry for the confusion. I only have Wii and PS2(which is an old game console. its been around my house since my older sister was 8)

Just preordered the 3DS version like a week ago.

I was going to hold out on pre-ordering it until they announce Isaac from Golden Sun, but he might not even be playable so I just said 'screw it' and put my pre-order down on it so I wouldn't forget.

Now that I own FE:Awakening, I like Robin in Sm4sh even more than I did before! I do wish they would've put Chrom in instead of Lucina though. ;; Or at least made Lucina more unique.

I really, really, really want Isaac to be promoted from AT to Playable, like Little Mac was.

He's dodged every bullet so far, here's hoping he actually makes it onto the roster. ;; His Earth Psynergy would rock for a moveset (no pun intended).

If he doesn't make it, well, I'll be sad for one, but I'll probably main Villager or Megaman in that case. Or Marth, as per usual. :U

When does this version come out

From this link in the first post of this thread, October 3rd of this year is the release date for the 3DS version, and some time "Holiday" of this year is for the Wii U version.

Holiday will probably mean some time in November or December.

They screwed us over in Serebii

Originally, the 3DS version was supposed to come out in the summer of 2014 and they changed it to October 3rd. I was so mad about that. At least we got two more months before it does come out.

They screwed us over in Serebii

Originally, the 3DS version was supposed to come out in the summer of 2014 and they changed it to October 3rd. I was so mad about that. At least we got two more months before it does come out.

That's not Serebiis fault...I remember them (them being Nintendo) originally announcing the 3DS version for release some time in the summer and WiiU version in the fall. As such, all media outlets reporting on it, including Serebii, reflected those release dates.

It's not Serebiis fault if release dates get pushed back.

Yeah, there ARE times when Serebii annoys me, but one can't pin everything on them. Or anything, really. Well, some things. Shut up <_<

Anyways, on a slightly unrelated note, I really, really want Kumatora from Mother 3. I would totally trade in Lucas for her. At the very least she could get the Shadow treatment and be an assist trophy, but I would love her as a playable character. Not to mention she can legitly learn all the moves Lucas should not have. Really, I'd like to see the whole Mother 3 cast in some form or another. They did include Porkey's incarnation from M3 in the Spider Mech and statue forms in Brawl, but the whole cast would be awesome, even if they were just collectable statues.

Oh, and Squirtle and Ivysaur. I can't believe they sacrificed those two just to focus on Charizard. Blastoise and Venusaur have Megas, too! and Charizard has a cooler Mega known as Y! (Come on, everyone known Y-zard is cooler than that black'n'blue Fairy hater. Where's his love?)

Yeah, it actually really annoyed me that Nintendo decided to go the fan service route and chose Charizard and Greninja out of all the starters. Seriously, what gives? Unfair treatment much? In my opinion, they should've stuck with the gen 1 trio, or replaced the with gen 6 pokes. Really, anything but what they did.

Oh wow, Kumatora would be awesome. I kinda doubt she'll be a playable character, but she's so awesome (PK Earth for the win). Duster would be cool too, but he feels a bit too item-based for a fighting game, so I dunno.

Well, I think they went that route namely because they wanted to introduce a new Pokemon and also some Megas, so having all of them + megas + new Pokemon (Greninja) would have been overkill. Also who knows, maybe Yzard will also be announced!

Well, I think they went that route namely because they wanted to introduce a new Pokemon and also some Megas, so having all of them + megas + new Pokemon (Greninja) would have been overkill. Also who knows, maybe Yzard will also be announced!

Eh, that's a good point. But it still irks me that it's just Charizard and Greninja.