Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

Nope, Jigglypuff is Pokemon's mascot. Even after the day Pikachu is evicted, Jiggly will remain the master of sleeping to kill.

Lucario is kinda just for the fans too, I guess, but if he has his mega, that'd be epic. Although, he might not, since there's little point for Mega Charizard if there's another mega. :c

Mega Lucario is Lucario's final smash though? o.o I think that's the same for Charizard.

Also another reason why Xzard might have been picked was because it's easier to translate Tough Claws into Brawl than Drought. Sure, Yzard could make it Sunny, but Tough Claws means whenever Charizard makes contact, he does more damage. Also, Xzard is a lot more noticeably different than Yzard, which means he's easier to see. While Yzard does have differences, they probably wouldn't be so easily seen. Even Mega Lucario is drastically different enough to be noticed. (it's mainly his tail and his longer headband streamer things)

And then of course, Charizard was also the only fully evolved starter. While it's possible we've seen a Pokemon from a past game evolve into the fighter of another (Melee's Pichu becoming Brawl's Pikachu), they might not have thought about doing that for Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Yeah, I know. Which is why I still think Charizard doesn't fit in. :/ Although, I'm going to miss Lucario's old smash, since it was pretty OP.

Yeah, but then they could also just program it so Charizard's fire attacks do extra damage, and water attack's knockback isn't doubled or whatever it was increased by. I guess Yzard has the same colors as regular, but it's still so much cooler...

Is the Pichu becoming Pikachu canon? The only link is the wall-jump, right? In my opinion, it being the only fully evolved pokemon shouldn't matter too much. It doesn't have too much relevance, since grinding on a few random encounters changing the sprite/model could get them all to the same stage.

Is the Pichu becoming Pikachu canon? The only link is the wall-jump, right? In my opinion, it being the only fully evolved pokemon shouldn't matter too much. It doesn't have too much relevance, since grinding on a few random encounters changing the sprite/model could get them all to the same stage.

It also has Pichu's blue goggles and Volt Tackle, which only bred Pichu can learn. Still isn't canon and I think it's actually more of a nod to the Pichu since it wasn't playable in Brawl, but still.

Fire boosts and Water not as effective still are very lackluster when compared to all contact moves (which is almost everything Charizard has except for Flamethrower) getting a boost. It's also highly situational, considering as of now I think Greninja is the only character with water moves. Also, Zelda's Din's Fire would get powered up with Drought. :U

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Maybe Drought could just power up Yzards special moves in general rather than specifically fire, and decrease knockback from anything other than fire. It's a bit of a stretch but hey, I'd still go for it if it meant I could have my precious Y back >3<

And now that we've seen the new ORAS Megas, anyone else kinda want Lopunny? It's time SSB took a more underrated Pokemon under their wing. Greninja is kinda neat, but I'm talking about the guys we look over completely. Like Whimsicott! We could size her up like we did Olimar and we're set!

Meh, that's kind of up to interpretation in my opinion. Personally, I see it more of as an easter egg/ way to compensate for Pikachu's drop of viability.

Well, they could add fire to a lot of the moves, like the recovery and smashes. Sun boost is 1.5, while Tough Claws is 1.2 (or 1.3? I've read conflicting info). But if they're only going to mega during final smash, it doesn't really matter much.

About Din's Fire, It's pretty easy to avoid since it moves so slowly, unless you're right in Zelda's face. Also, if Zelda's viability is anything like it was in Brawl, she's not going to be used much despite how awesome Zelda is as a character.

Mega Lopunny would be great but I doubt they're adding any more Pokemon except for maybe Yzard :c Honestly I think it would be neat to have Absol in SSB :D Or any other quadrupedal Pokemon.

I think Yzard would be neat, though maybe gimmicky, unless they did add fire to all of Charizard's attacks for that final smash. o: It would be random which Mega you get when activated, or maybe for the different versions you get X and the other Y? XD

Pikachu's kind of a quadrupedal Pokemon? It moves on all fours, but seems to be able to walk upright, so I don't really know how to describe it properly. But oh geez, Absol would be really OP if they followed his actual stats. As fast as Sonic and hits harder than Ike. That's a pretty scary thought. I guess it'd be really light, but you can't hit it because you've already died.

Yeah, but some argue that final smashes are gimicky in their own right. Seriously though, if they made two different versions just to decide which mega you get, Nintendo's going to have a riot problem or something. xd.png

I meant other than just Pikachu. c: Since it's based on a mouse, I do consider it quadrupedal. Since we lost Ivysaur, we only have Pikachu for quadrupeds.

Regular Absol isn't that fast. o.o Like, at all. Charizard is faster than it! Unless you mean Mega Absol, but that would probably just be a final smash.

But the amazing thing would be Perish Song o: I think it would have to be a proximity thing, though very strong, kind of like Jiggly's Rest used to be. Or maybe it would be something that makes the other players accrue damage?

Yeah. Ivysaur was so awesome though, I'm already missing it.

Regular Absol's painfully slow, which is why it's kind of really bad. I was probably thinking of Mega Absol. Sorry.

Wait, one of the Pokemon's getting Perish Song? Which one? I didn't hear about that ohmy.gif

Oops sorry. When I hear Perish Song, I usually think of Politoed since it's the most viable user, so I got confused there for a second. But Perish Song could be so cool in SSBU. Maybe a bit OP though? I don't know.

Well, it depends on how it functions. It could be terrible or amazing. I agree Perish Song could be neat in a fighter game like SSB, though. Honestly if I could pick any Pokemon it'd be Grovyle regardless. I can't believe they didn't in Brawl! I can't remember if Brawl came out after or before PMD T/D, but he would be cool even without the story aspect behind him. I mean, THE FEELS! He could even fight along with Celebi sorta like they're doing with Rosalina and her Lumas right now. For his final smash he could summon either Primal Dialga or Dusknoir and his Sableye to go around and wreak havoc. IT WOULD BE SO GERD DANG AMAZIN!

#dunsparceorriot

But more seriously, if we got any more Pokemon (outside mah jiggleh puffz returning, which looks bleak) I'd wish for Diancie mostly because I'm not naive enough to ask for Meloetta I think it'd be a fun choice, and has the popularity to be a thing. I don't expect it though, I think we're full up on Pokemon now

Not gonna lie but I really want Mega Lopunny in Smash Bros <33

I just like Lopunny in general and Mega Lop is perfect for Smash Bros setting D:

Actually, it could be really epic punching and kicking everything. Maybe it'll be one of the pokeball mons?

Actually, it could be really epic punching and kicking everything. Maybe it'll be one of the pokeball mons?

That would be awesome! I wonder if any Pokeball mons will actually be mega, though? It's a possibility, but it's probably more likely it will be base forms instead of mega forms. :c

Haha, maybe the pokeball mons will get the ability to chase after smash balls xd.png

Meh, regular Lopunny would be epic too. Lopunny is just awesome like that, despite its original pose being so awkward.

Also it faces the same 50% male problem as Gardevoir. I was really hoping for a Dawn Stone male evolution this time around. I suppose we can't hope for many more permanent evolutions now, though, what with Mega's introduction.

Putting Pokemon aside for a moment, though, I actually really want Knuckles. Even if his super form is *sighs deeply* pink. I mean, come on! He's so durn cool. Everyone wants Shadow, but the hipster in me says no to that dark hedgehog, even if he is pretty cool. Or Chaos. I don't really know how Chaos would function in a fighter game but he would be pretty neat. Almost as neat as Ridley even though they refuse to add him! Comparing sizes he would be about as big as a large Bowser if we went off of Super Metroid sizes, and only as big as a human if we went off original Metroid sizes. In fact, why not have the original design instead? Look at this adorable thing! SSB has proven it's not afraid of cutesy characters, so why not? Of course, Americans would be more familiar with this guy, but I find myself preferring the former... <_<

Putting Pokemon aside for a moment, though, I actually really want Knuckles. Even if his super form is *sighs deeply* pink. I mean, come on! He's so durn cool.

I do want Knuckles! Tails, too, but Knuckles would be great even if Tails wasn't around.

Also what's up with that? Maybe it's a hedgehog thing to turn golden, as Sonic, Shadow, and Silver all turn gold? I don't mind him being pink, but blue > gold, black > gold, silver > gold compared with red > pink doesn't make sense. I mean, maybe if he turned black or purple or green or something it would be different enough, but...pink? o3o

I'd prefer Tails. Mostly because I'm more familiar with him, but there's a little thing about echidna anatomy that most people don't know and is really kind of gross. I'm not going to say it, because it might be inappropriate, but yeah.

All I can think of is Tails using his tails to hover for a recovery. Don't know how good it would be as a fighter, though.

May they'll be Assist Trophies? Since Sega isn't Nintendo, and there aren't that many guest characters.

Anyone else expecting Cosplay Pikachus as the different "colors"?

Anyone else expecting Cosplay Pikachus as the different "colors"?

Yeah. I'll miss the old ones though, the one with goggles was adorable. :c

I'll be maining the Pikachu in a pink dress, then. xd.png

I'd prefer Tails. Mostly because I'm more familiar with him, but there's a little thing about echidna anatomy that most people don't know and is really kind of gross. I'm not going to say it, because it might be inappropriate, but yeah.

All I can think of is Tails using his tails to hover for a recovery. Don't know how good it would be as a fighter, though.

May they'll be Assist Trophies? Since Sega isn't Nintendo, and there aren't that many guest characters.

I think I know what you're talking about. XD I think hedgehogs are also fairly weird/gross in that department, too o3o

Well, I would like Tails as a fighter because of his recovery and also because he has tons of gadgets he can use! :D

---

Does anyone know about what's going on with Capcom right now? They're looking to be bought up/merge/whatever, IIRC, and I'm really really really hoping Nintendo takes them on that offer. Could you imagine what craziness could be added to Smash Bros with that kind of merge? OOO:

Not really super duper on topic so I don't want to dwell on it alone without other more on topic discussion, but still! Something to think abooouuut

Huh, never heard of the hedgehog story on that. Don't really want to look it up either...

He'll be R.O.B 2.0! xd.png

No, but I've heard of the stuff that's happening. If Capcom merges with Nintendo though, it could really up their sales which is good considering the WiiU has caused them to hit some pretty hard times :c