Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

Fighting Mii Team=baseballs.

Raptor, what is that? I don't think I've ever encountered it.

Fighting Mii Team=baseballs.

Raptor, what is that? I don't think I've ever encountered it.

You have to do classic mode at 9.0

Welp I unlocked everyone, via smash battles :'D (Yes, that means I played 120+ battles in less than 24 hours... to be fair most of them were only 2 minute matches)

I'm really fond of Brawler Mii (which is modeled after my brother's mii xd.png), Lil Mac (provided I don't go off an edge), Villager, and Bowser (he's been my main for the past two games).

I should.... probably try other modes now :'D Or at least finish out the first part of the challenges

I have a devious idea.

What if you gave Sonic the best speed items in the game...

and then proceeded to play Smash Run, get the full Speed boost...

Bunny Hood, Super mushroom...

o_o

Yeah, just stick with the full speed items.

EDIT: Full-speed Sonic is OP.

PPS: I think I'll main Fox.

PPPS: *flips out* WHY IS IT A THING!? WHY!?

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

North America Smash Bros Wii U release confirmed for Nov 21 (which is the same day as pokemon international release)

EU Dec 5, AU+JP Dec 6 releases. I'm actually a little surprised that NA is getting it two weeks ahead of everyone else, seems like it's normally Japan that gets that. (But... on the otherh and it's totally near thanksgiving which means I can have SMASHGIVING)

The next line of Smash Bros Amiibos was also announced

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

I think of wave 2 I want Zelda and Pit the most. Luigi looks funny (in a good way) too. Captain Falcon would have been an instabuy if they had him in the Falcon Punch mode.

I really am hoping what they're showing will be the quality (or close to) of the final product. I mean, the figures are amazing looking (for the price). Even if they didn't do anything I'd probably still collect them as a Nintendo/Smash Bros fan.

Though I kind of hope they're not doing one for every single character on the roster of Smash 3DS/Wii U. Would be a bit costly even if I only bought the ones I like...

(But I definitely want a Bowser, Metaknight, and a Charizard)

The 3DS version is fun and all but I just want the Wii u version.

The controls just feel weird on the 3DS. I just want to play it with a Game Cube controller.

The 3DS version is fun and all but I just want the Wii u version.

The controls just feel weird on the 3DS. I just want to play it with a Game Cube controller.

Normal Wii controller for the win. Seriously. I just play on that because I started the game on it and was too busy to learn the other controls.

Apparently, some people have been plugging game cube controllers to their 3DS' somehow, though. o_O

I'm just going to wait for the WiiU version, like many others. I play smash bros to have fun with friends and family, and I find that easier when we share one screen and can kick back on the couch together.

I think I'm one of the few that has no problems with the 3DS controls. I guess it helps that I have small hands. I can imagine it would be awkward if you had bigger hands.

And gamecube controller all the way. I started with the N64 controller, and bless the N64 but worst controller.

I actually prefer the N64 to the Gamecube, Gamecube controllers are too... Gamecubey >_<

But if it comes down to it, I'll take a D-Pad over a joystick any day. GBA FTW

I wish I could use a Playstation controller. :U I like those more than the others. But then, idk, I like the GC controller but hate it for Brawl, preferring the wiimote+nunchuk. I wonder if I would hate the PS controller there, too?

Normal Wiimote. So underrated. I understand that grabs are a bit annoying, but it's not that bad, as long as you have fairly quick fingers. Right? Actually, yeah, the grab is terrible. But I really like the two attack placements. And the d-pad. And the shield placement. I just like the Wiimote.

I prefer the multitude of buttons spread between the nunchuck and remote together, even if I sacrifice the D-Pad (I have remapped things extensively)

I prefer the multitude of buttons spread between the nunchuck and remote together, even if I sacrifice the D-Pad (I have remapped things extensively)

Yeah, I understand why that's easier and preferred for most people. I just personally like mashing by buttons with my thumbs, sliding it around and making little sprites pummelling each other pleases me somehow.

I actually started out using just the wiimote and I did like it, but it made my hands hurt after a while and the choices were limited for the buttons, so I upgraded to mote+nunchuk.

It's SO MUCH better, you have no idea. It frees up so many buttons. I can put smashes on the dpad, grab and shield on c+z, taunts could go screw themselves but I put them on the 1+2 buttons anyway...it's just a nicer layout than the restrictive wiimote.

I actually prefer the N64 to the Gamecube, Gamecube controllers are too... Gamecubey >_<

But if it comes down to it, I'll take a D-Pad over a joystick any day. GBA FTW

I think it comes back to having small hands. The N64 controller was just too big and awkward for me to hit all the buttons.

Honestly I like the Xbox 360 controller the most as far as console controllers go. I use one for PC games. The PS2 controller is nice too.

I want to get the Wii U Pro controller sometime too and hope that will be nice for Smash. I do love the gamepad for some games but I really don't see it working well for Smash.

It's SO MUCH better, you have no idea. It frees up so many buttons. I can put smashes on the dpad, grab and shield on c+z, taunts could go screw themselves but I put them on the 1+2 buttons anyway...it's just a nicer layout than the restrictive wiimote.

Exactly, so much this

I stuck shield and grab exactly where you said. I've got my jump as up on the D-pad (I got used to that playing at other people's places) IDK where my taunts even are... I just wish I could map the whole D-pad to jump so I'd stop accidentally smash attacking instead of jumping (I'm perfectly good at normal smashes, that's just a better choice than taunts)

I know the Wiimote doesn't have enough buttons, but I love it anyways. xd.png

I've tried the nunchuck, but it doesn't really work for me. I've always been terrible with nunchucks, my hand doesn't wrap around it right and I have tons of trouble using C and Z without half-dropping the controller. Also, my thumb is always slipping off the c-stick. I'm weird, I know, but hey, personal preferences.

while I'm okay at normal smashing, I like having buttons that do it because they're much more reliable! I'll fail too many times before I can actually smash. XD

I think maybe one of the buttons on my dpad is another throw, actually. I think it's the left one. o3o I mean you really only need one side for side smash, I'm pretty sure.

So are any of you working on the challenges?

I'm currently working on clearing classic with all fighters. It's been fun getting to learn to play some of the characters I wouldn't normally pick. (I recently discovered my love of Zero Suit Samus, and I discovered my hate of King Dedede)

Although I'm going about it in a lame way, by not having too high of an intensity that way I can just get through quick like. I also only want to fight master core (which is intensity 5.1+ provided you chose the black path on the lower intensities) with characters I know how to use.

while I'm okay at normal smashing, I like having buttons that do it because they're much more reliable! I'll fail too many times before I can actually smash. xd.png

I think maybe one of the buttons on my dpad is another throw, actually. I think it's the left one. o3o I mean you really only need one side for side smash, I'm pretty sure.

I get my normal smashes %85 percent of the time, and the misses are usually because I was itching or something and didn't have my hand of the nunchuck (And honestly IDK why I'm smashing people who just respawned, they're more for launching than damaging)

I think it smashes in the direction it's oriented though, IDK for certain

Also, bats are OP in SSB4. You can easily KO someone at like %30 with them now (As opposed to like %60 before?) Haven't really tried them on heavy characters, since demo, but that's still quite the hit

i got this game today and i love it but im so bad at it but i love it

as excited as i was for wii fit trainer and charizard and villager i think my main rn has gotta be toon link. he was in brawl too.

Edited by Switch

If any of you are doing challenges and are having trouble getting the 3280 on the home run contest:

Ganondorf + Reverse Wizard Punch (has to be the reverse, it won't work with the normal forward punch) is the way to go.

I'm one tile from finishing my second panel, it's the play 10 hours of smash (where hours played is multiplied by the amount of people in local wi-fi you play with.... in my case, 0, so I'm about 1.5 hours away from getting this one... no way will I get the 50 hours of smash though without anyone else who has this game)

Working on clearing all-star with all players, and then I'm also attempting to get KOs in cruel smash :'D (My all time record is 1)

The challenges have really kept my interest in the game (besides Smash being awesome), Nintendo needs to implement more challenge systems in games in the future.

i know i said my main was probably toon link but im liking sheik too. not sure if i'll main her yet though.