Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

Heh, I need amiibo figures just to go with these;

http://i62.tinypic.com/29b0j9u.jpg

(and a Marth one too).

I think there's a possiblity of the Ice Climbers being dlc once the 'new' 3DS comes out, since that's supposed to be more powerful.

give me those cards right now. right. now.

I really want Wolf back. Would also be awesome if Mewtwo was DLC <33333

NO. o: Do tell!~

AAAAHH I just read that Jiggly's Rest became more powerful again!!! :D I'm WAY too excited! In fact, overall Jiggly got a LOT of buffs. I DON'T know if Rest got the knockback it used to have, but apparently it's at least stronger and can be 'comboed into reliably'. But really, this is great! Jiggly is a bit faster in some of her attacks and a bit stronger in others.

Well, basically, For Glory mode is no items allowed territory. They assume that if you manage to use an item there, you must be hacking (and heck knows that was rampant in Brawl online). However, they overlooked that Peach's turnips counted as 'items', so anyone who used the move on For Glory were temp-banned.

Also, never played Jigglypuff, though good news for you, I imagine.

omigosh! XD I think I would have let Peach slide, if I were them. While yes, they are items, it's...different. o3o That's also one of her gimmicks.

Yeah, especially since they decided to add even MORE Fire Emblem people who happen to be sword users. Even if they don't solely use swords, they're still sword users. :U

Exactly! Why couldn't we get a manakete or a mage? (exclusive, since Robin is 50/50)

omigosh! xd.png I think I would have let Peach slide, if I were them. While yes, they are items, it's...different. o3o That's also one of her gimmicks.

Well, I'm under the educated assumption that it was a mistake for them to even get banned in this way in the first place. There will likely be a patch to fix this issue soon.

A manakete would have been cool, since I really like dragons, and liked using them in Awakening.

Well, I'm under the educated assumption that it was a mistake for them to even get banned in this way in the first place. There will likely be a patch to fix this issue soon.

A manakete would have been cool, since I really like dragons, and liked using them in Awakening.

OH I forgot you said it was a glitch. xDD I thought they were just banning people :'U

I haven't played FE. o3o What is a manakete? Sounds like a manatee crossed with a parakeet (or, probs more correctly, a mana user :P).

AAAAHH I just read that Jiggly's Rest became more powerful again!!! biggrin.gif I'm WAY too excited! In fact, overall Jiggly got a LOT of buffs. I DON'T know if Rest got the knockback it used to have, but apparently it's at least stronger and can be 'comboed into reliably'. But really, this is great! Jiggly is a bit faster in some of her attacks and a bit stronger in others.

Wait, JIGGLY?! OMG YUS. MY LOVELY FLUFFBALL DRAGON SLAYER HAS RETURNED

Also, rest has insane knockback in Brawl and does a lot of damage+flower, it's just impossible to get a hit with. Hitting anyone at ~%70 with rest is P much a KO from the top half of the screen tho

No, the knockback in Brawl was severely nerfed from Melee and I believe was also changed to be either totally or mostly vertical knockback. But yes, it was also hard to use in general, particularly in combos, because of Brawl's physics and other things.

Melee's Rest had reliable knockback when the opponent was just at 25%. Brawl weakened the move (though they also add the flower, which made it potentially stronger, but the base power plummeted from 28% to 15%) and made it so knockback didn't really kick in until about 70-75% :U Also, Melee was the first to add fire. It MIGHT have had flower, too, but I can't remember. I think that was Brawl's addition.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

A Manakete is a class in Fire Emblem of people who are essentially dragons/shapeshift into dragons. The ones in Awakening were based in particularly off of leafy sea dragons.

Speaking of nerfs and buffs, I heard they nerfed Marth. sad.gif

Speaking of nerfs and buffs, I heard they nerfed Marth.  :(

He WAS nerfed, but he does have some better things. More info here.

It seems a lot of his moves are weaker and his sword is shorter.

Hm, well I guess at this point it comes down to trying the characters out for myself whenever the Wii U version comes out. I never tipped anyway, since Marth was my replacement for Roy, who didn't have a tip.

Ah, nerfed from Melee. Still, it's pretty much guaranteed KO past %75 if you get a hit

It seems a lot of his moves are weaker and his sword is shorter.

Why would you weaken his moves? They weren't that powerful to begin with. The main thing he had going for him was his speed, and his powerful moves mostly didn't have that

Ah, nerfed from Melee. Still, it's pretty much guaranteed KO past %75 if you get a hit

Why would you weaken his moves? They weren't that powerful to begin with. The main thing he had going for him was his speed, and his powerful moves mostly didn't have that

I think Rest is just also harder to use in general (mostly in combos but I think it's just harder in general), so even if they *are* at 75+% it's harder to get that sweetspot.

Yeah really! I don't think they needed to do that. Shorten sword? Ok, whatever. But weaken? He wasn't all too powerful to begin with. It's not ALL of his attacks, just quite a few of them, but still.

Well, some people, (not really me), are combo sharks, and Dancing Blade could be very punishing, as the damage racked up fast.

It seems they were trying to nerf the very top-tier charcaters, but I don't think it was fair considering other characters now have shown to be promising and quite top-tier themselves. Erg, balance..

Then alongside lowering the power, give it higher knockback so you can't combo as well. Not exactly a nerf, more of a style change

Or just do what they did and shrink his sword so he has less range to combo with

i never bother paying attention to serious strategies or anything i kinda just play as whatever characters i like (and tend to get my butt kicked) :'D

i am a filthy casual

Do you play Super Smash Bros? Of course you do. Are you excited for Super Smash Bros 4? Well, I WOULD say "of couse you are", but some people have complaints. And some people have unreasonable complaints.

Now, I will rant about those complaints.

The first complaint, and the one I see the most is,

1. "Wii Fit Trainer is a stupid/lazy/annoying character. Remove her now Nintendo!!!"

Okay, people. Calm down. It was a JOKE. You should know by now that Sakurai is a huge troll. That being said, the character is actually nicely made- a lot of thought was put into her move set. Also, for those of you who call Wii Fit Trainer lazy, there could be MUCH worse characters(I, for one, think Dark Pit will be a clone of Pit, so there you go). Much worse characters such as...

2. "OMAIGAWD N1NTNEDO IF U DONT PUT RIDLY IN SMASH BROS 4 I WILL NOT BAI UR GAEM"

Ridley. Freaking Ridley. I am SO TIRED of seeing the same, copy pasted "Put Ridley in Smash Bros" comments that I... well I'm so tired of it that I wrote this.

And what they say is that Ridley is not too big for SSB4. He IS too big, people. Just understand that either you have the most vulnerable character ever, OR they could size him down and make him a Charizard clone. And with the removal of the Pokemon Trainer, leaving only Charizard, that's not something they should do. Too many of the same movesets already exist, and adding another would just be lazy.

Then there's 3. "Put Steve (from Minecraft) into Smash Bros!"

Alright, before you get upset and say he'd be good, I don't disagree with that- there's a lot of potential with a character so... well, so unexpressed. Steve can be interpreted in many ways and because of that, combined with some aspects of Minecraft, he'd be a decent addition to Smash. So why am I against it? Here's why:

a) Minecraft and Mojang are not related to Nintendo in any way. Every character in Smash has been on a Nintendo console at least once, so just dumping other video games' characters n wouldn't make sense.

cool.gif All of the characters from Smash have been announced (except for the unlockables, those have been leaked too though), though this doesn't apply to those who said it before then.

c) The visual styles would clash too much. They pulled it off with Mr Game and Watch, but that's because G&W was originally in a 2D game. Just take a look at the current graphics for SSB4. Now imagine Steve. Looks terrible, doesn't it?

d) He would be a bit too similar to Villager I'm sure, and I've already expressed my dislike for clones.

Well, that's my rant. Hope you liked it, I know I did. Feels good to get that off my chest.

And if anyone disagrees, please don't hate but feel free to state your opinion or counter argument or whatever. Also, the demo for SSB4 is out on the eShop. Go try it. It's fun.

Bai :3 -Dinosaurus

I've been playing the demo on 3ds like crazy.

Convinced my boyfriend we should buy a Wii U just for this game.

Also, I've never seen anyone anywhere say they should put Steve from Minecraft in Smash.

Dinosaurus, I agree with some of your points, but I just can't agree with your Ridley statement. First of all, you yourself said it: they can size him down. Olimar and ROB were tiny! Olimar was pretty much the size of a battery and ROB was about twice the size of an NES. If they can do that it is no stretch to shrink Ridley Down, especially because his 2D appearances (which IMO were always the most accurate) only showed him about twice the size of Samus, and in the first game he was the size of Samus. So, not only is it incredibly easy to reduce his size, it could technically be considered canon.

And I can assure you, if they added Ridley it would not be a Charizard clone. Both Charizard and Ridley are relatively versatile in their respective games, and I will admit that they have some similarities, but they are two different pieces of fruit. One example would be their heads. I'm pretty sure if Ridley was added he would use some form of pecking, because of his beak. You'll note that, upon careful inspection, I'm pretty sure that's not a beak on Charizard. Another example would be the difference in fire breath. They both breath fire, but Ridley tends to rely on short bursts of fireballs to barrage the opponent while Charizard jets a steady stream. I'd also guess Ridley would have a much more aerial themed set as in game, Ridley is depicted flying a lot more often than Charizard. And overall, the two are just different. Charizard is a lot bulkier and cartoonish while Ridley has a more spikey, slender look. (Don't even get me started on tails. Considering his in game attack pattern, I'd bet Ridley would have way more going on with his tail than Charizard.)

So, as you can see, just because they're two birds of a feather does NOT mean Ridley would be a clone of Charizard. The fact is, Charizard is more similar to Bowser with wings when you think about. The new Charizard even has a transformation for a final smash, like guess who?

Look, I agree with most of your points (except maybe about Steve being too similar to the Villager) but, being a simultaneous Metroid and Pokemon fan, I really don't think they would be clones at all.

On another, completely random note, looks like the Subspace Emissary won't be making a return. That's a letdown. I really liked the story and the gameplay was nice, especially for a fighter game designed for one on one combat.

Does anyone have any confirmation on the leak that connecting WiiU and 3DS can get you four other characters? I found it mostly as a rumor, but two of the ones said to be there were in pretty high demand.

For those curious, it was Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus Men.

No idea what the last one is.

Does anyone have any confirmation on the leak that connecting WiiU and 3DS can get you four other characters? I found it mostly as a rumor, but two of the ones said to be there were in pretty high demand.

For those curious, it was Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and Chorus Men.

No idea what the last one is.

I would *love* if that were true! I honestly have no idea though. Guess we won't find out until the WiiU version comes out o:

Apparently the Chorus Men are these guys from Rhythm Heaven.

...Chorus Men are adorable. Rhythm Heaven isn't a game I'm familiar with, but it looks like it'd be a really interesting character to play with. If it's one of few very small upright characters, it might be a really nice hit-and-run character, like Pikachu, but maybe with some things that relate him to the game and make him unique.

If they do have Ridley, though, I'm really curious as to how he'll be handled. He was a boss in Brawl and all, so it should be interesting.