Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

Okay I know I'm going to sound like an uninformed idiot for saying this but I just learned of the appearance of Duck Hunt's dog and duck. I mean seriously, this is dumb, and stupid, and... ermehgerd I will always always always play Duck Hunt. I have seen some ridiculous characters released but no surprise has been more pleasing and hilarious than Duck Hunt. Pac Man can sit in the corner all by himself, because rest assured, I will be using these two. (Also Dark Pit. Yay for Kid Icarus attention!)

Duck hunt dog (and duck) was only found a little while ago (and only confirmed yesterday with the leaked games)

I AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT HIM. HE JUST LOOKS LIKE A JERK I CAN'T WAIT TO WRECK PEOPLE'S LIVES WITH HIM.

Only 15 new characters (so far) to the series, but still sounds fun overall Lots of returning characters of course. It's a shame that we lose Snake and Wolf, though. :\ And I guess Ice Climbers but I hate them anyway.

YOU FORGOT IMPA AND GANONDORF

Okay, maybe not the first one.

What? Ganondorf is back. o3o And he's not a completely new character, so I don't understand?

And as far as I know Impa isn't around, though I feel like she would have been cool (though possibly a Sheik clone).

What? Ganondorf is back. o3o And he's not a completely new character, so I don't understand?

And as far as I know Impa isn't around, though I feel like she would have been cool (though possibly a Sheik clone).

I know that Ganondorf is back. Please, for the love of Din, tell me he got even slightly buffed. I would be proud of him.

*winks at Impa*

Aw, I loved the Ice Climbers. Sad that they might never come back, since they haven't had a game in forever. Although, Wolf almost makes me happy. The AI is so aggressive for him.

At least Jiggly is returning!

Also yay Dark Pit. He's awesome. Kid Icarus people, continue your struggles to be noticed in SSB through five or six FE characters. (Although they're awesome too).

Edited by KoalaNoob

At least Jiggly is returning!

Also yay Dark Pit. He's awesome. Kid Icarus people, continue your struggles to be noticed in SSB through five or six FE characters. (Although they're awesome too).

Even though I assumed she would be back, I actually REJOICED when it was revealed that Jiggly was still around. Maybe Rest will be unnerfed! Maybe.

I hope Dark Pit isn't too much of a clone of Pit. But goodness I know I'm going to be using him a lot! I mean, I saw this and was like "AHAHA I'M USING YOU". I always used the black Pit color swap in Brawl when I could, and now that he's his own character I'm super happy!

I love Dark Pit. He's great in Uprising, too.

Roy's still not back, I figured as much, but they were cheeky, and made one of Marth's colorswaps look like Roy;

user posted image

Does anyone happen to have an extra demo code for the NA 3DS? I haven't had any luck getting one today sad.gif

No sorry, I gave mine out to some family members.

The demo will be available to everyone in a week.

So far out of the five characters available I'm actually really loving the villager. The tree attack is so OP if you can get it to work, it's awesome :'D

I was kind of worried how Smash would translate onto a handheld, but I think they did a really good job. There's a few times where I have a hard time seeing my character because they get so small when it pans out for all the characters, but overall it's pretty good. (though I don't recommend using the 3D setting, does nothing really for the game)

Yeah, the code demo has unlimited plays though, whereas next weeks demo will only have 30 sessions. That's the draw! But thanks so much for answering smile.gif

For those with a demo at the moment, is there much of a difference between Pit and Dark Pit? Because Toon Link was really good for a link clone, but Dr. Mario (in Melee, of course) was kinda similar. No too similar, but not as good as Toon Link IMO. Moveset wise which would you recommend when I get the game myself?

For those with a demo at the moment, is there much of a difference between Pit and Dark Pit? Because Toon Link was really good for a link clone, but Dr. Mario (in Melee, of course) was kinda similar. No too similar, but not as good as Toon Link IMO. Moveset wise which would you recommend when I get the game myself?

Uh, I don't think the demos have access to Dark Pit. I believe they only have the basic characters and can't unlock more. I might be wrong though. :U

From what I've been seeing on various sites about Dark Pit's moves, his moves seem REALLY similar, even the same. So far the only major difference I see is their final smash. Pit's sounds like it's similar to Yoshi or ROB (from Brawl, I don't know how they are in this game) or something, whereas Dark Pit's is like Zelda/Shiek (also Brawl, still not sure what they are in this game).

I have a feeling like one of them might be a bit faster, or one might be a bit stronger, or just something like that.

I'm going to be using Dark Pit because I prefer his colors and like the sound of his final smash more.

---

In other news, sounds like Lucario has become even more awesome in general. A lot more of his moves, even Extremespeed, are dependent on aura. The influence of the aura is also a bit greater than Brawl, and his whole body glows with it after a while instead of just his hands. More info here.

Uh, I don't think the demos have access to Dark Pit. I believe they only have the basic characters and can't unlock more. I might be wrong though. :U

Ah, well, I'm still a bit in the dark (get it? Because jokes!) so I wouldn't know. I hope they're not too similar though. I like me some variety.

Yay for Lucario also! If he gets a buff I'll be supremely happy. He was pretty much my main fighter in Brawl. I hope his shiny coloration becomes a costume this time around, though.

Whoa, so I'd never heard Pit's new voice but it's actually decent. Palutena sounds waaay too much like a child though. It's not *bad*, but I wasn't expecting something so high-pitch. o: (and no I haven't played Kid Icarus: Uprising. Yet, anyway) I just watched the trailer for her announcement (dunno how I missed it) and I just. I love it. So much. Dark Pit just makes me so happy.

Here's info on Pit, and here's info on Dark Pit. Have fun. XD Lucario's is really cool to read, too.

EDIT: Also, nvm, I was confused about Pit's final smash's effects. He fires off a ton of arrows that can hit all across the stage, it seems.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

So looking through stuff randomly... So many sword users. So many

Yeah, especially since they decided to add even MORE Fire Emblem people who happen to be sword users. Even if they don't solely use swords, they're still sword users. :U

Whoa, so I'd never heard Pit's new voice but it's actually decent. Palutena sounds waaay too much like a child though. It's not *bad*, but I wasn't expecting something so high-pitch. o: (and no I haven't played Kid Icarus: Uprising. Yet, anyway) I just watched the trailer for her announcement (dunno how I missed it) and I just. I love it. So much. Dark Pit just makes me so happy.

Here's info on Pit, and here's info on Dark Pit. Have fun. xd.png Lucario's is really cool to read, too.

EDIT: Also, nvm, I was confused about Pit's final smash's effects. He fires off a ton of arrows that can hit all across the stage, it seems.

Yeah, lots of things about Pit were changed to be more in line with Uprising. His final smash is pulled from an attack her can use in the flying segments of stages only, that kills all enemies on screen, and is slow to recharge. (Dark Pit uses this against you in his boss battle, but I guess they didn't want to give them both the same final smash).

Darl Pit's final smash uses his 'Dark Pit Staff', which is a sniping weapon, and its shots can't be curved/homed in-game, hence the straight line.

Palutena is such a troll in the dialogue of Uprising. I'd say slightly childish is fair for her.

I think all the voice actors in that game did a fine job, really.

I also don't care what anyone says. Dark Pit is great. I wasn't going to buy any amiibo figures, but.. now I might have to, just to have it..

Palutena is such a troll in the dialogue of Uprising. I'd say slightly childish is fair for her.

I think all the voice actors in that game did a fine job, really.

I also don't care what anyone says. Dark Pit is great. I wasn't going to buy any amiibo figures, but.. now I might have to, just to have it..

Oh, I didn't mean dialogue. I meant her voice in general. XD I imagined her having a voice like Princess Celestia from MLP, actually. :U Not a WHOLE lot deeper, but not quite so young sounding. Celestia can be JUST as

. It's why many fans have given her the moniker "Princess Trollestia". :U

bahaha I just love him. I could just eat him up. I really want the amiibo figurines just to have them, not really to use them, although if I have them I might as well use them. :U

Haha, Dark Pit's victory theme is derived form the chapter 6 theme (basically his theme). I was hoping he wouldn't be stuck with Pit's fanfare.

P.S. in the demo we only have access to Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, and Villager (who is the bessssssst in the demo at least).

I am fond of fire emblem so I'm not too upset by all their representations. Though I kind of wish Marth and Lucina could have been palette swaps considering Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps are completely different characters.

I'm still feeling there will be DLC characters for this game. Considering Mario Kart 8 hit us with DLC characters and courses, it's almost inevitable we'll get more characters.

(I really can't wait for this game though, want that Duck Hunt dog/duck/hunter so much)

Oh gosh yes the Amiibo figures. I don't really want them game-wise, but the figures themselves look really awesome. I'd want them just to have them as a collection.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

P.S. in the demo we only have access to Mario, Link, Pikachu, Megaman, and Villager (who is the bessssssst in the demo at least).

I am fond of fire emblem so I'm not too upset by all their representations. Though I kind of wish Marth and Lucina could have been palette swaps considering Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps are completely different characters.

I'm still feeling there will be DLC characters for this game. Considering Mario Kart 8 hit us with DLC characters and courses, it's almost inevitable we'll get more characters.

(I really can't wait for this game though, want that Duck Hunt dog/duck/hunter so much)

Oh gosh yes the Amiibo figures. I don't really want them game-wise, but the figures themselves look really awesome. I'd want them just to have them as a collection.

I'm really excited for the Villager! Can't wait to get the game <333

Are their movesets very similar? If so then that could have justified a palette swap.

YES PLEASE I hope there are DLC characters! I think it will be much easier to do for both of these consoles, anyway.

I really want to play as Duck Hunt, Rosalina, Dark Pit, Villager, and Palutena. <3 I really want to try out some of my old mains in the new game to feel their differences, like Lucario, Charizard, and Falco. o3o

Yeah really! I actually want to get some of the Disney Infinity and Skylanders figurines for the same reason; I just like them!