TwilightMoonDragon

- Nightmare - | A Werewolf vs Weredragon RP

Connor looked up at the tree that he had marked and then down to Liara. She was asking why he was marking that tree. It was true that it was inside the territory of the Green Leaves, but... "I felt like it." he answered bluntly. He sat back on his haunches and flicked his long and slender tail.

Uraka walked to her hut and entered it. Xieri always wanted string, but... He always healed the draykans to their best ability. It was something with his quick and nimble fingers that she trusted. Rummaging around for the woolen string, she tossed it at him. "... There." she snapped, picking up the stone again and looking at it. "It's pretty."

[Morning!]

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Rei turned to look at him. Stroking his head with her hand, she smiled and changed into her own dragon form. Tilting her head, she made a faint clicking noise that could be interpreted to be a laugh. Flying up, she hovered above the earth for a second before doing a loop in the air and landing again. Mating season was a time for males to impress and awe females, but she never understood why the females wouldn't need to do the same. They were both parts of a pair. They were both factors in the production of their offspring. So why was the potential mother given a free pass to be lazy, indecisive, and unable to protect herself and/or the offspring? Because of this, she made it her duty to keep in shape and practice and show off during and before mating season to break down the invisible barrier that they had built.

Dre awoke abruptly in her wolf form, causing a shower of dust to rain down on top of her from the roof of her makeshift den. She heaved herself to a sitting position and stifled a sneeze, shakig her reddish-grey pelt to get the dirt off of it. With a huge yawn, she stepped out into the daylight and stretched luxuriantly, enjoying the warm rays of sunshine that soaked into her flank. Dre blinked her golden-hazel eyes a couple of times, her gaze scanning the camp of the Tribe of Green Leaves. She lifted her muzzle and scented the air, drinking in the scent of the wolves. Hmm. Sita and Javon aren't here, Dre noticed. She sighed and said out loud, "That means I get the morning off." She grinned and morphed into a human, pulling an arrow out of her quiver and inspecting it carefully. Ah, the edge is slightly blunt. She grunted softly as picked out a large slab of stone and started sharpening her arrow tip on it.

Tahon rumbled more as Rei stroked his face. Then she turned into the dragon form of her soul, and leapt in the sky to preform a loop. Tahon watched her as she landed again, and grinned. That was beautiful. he told her, and spread his wings. However, do you wish to join me for a morning flight?

Rei bobbed her head enthusiastically. Flapping her wings, she stirred the debris around her before feeling the muscles in her legs flex as she pushed off the ground and let herself be suspended in flight. She looked up at the clouds and clicked at them, making the puffy white fluffs her goal. But it was cold up there and she couldn't sustain her own heat, being in her cold-blooded form. So she got as close as she could before tucking her wings into her body and diving towards earth. She loved to do tricks. And besides, she was the Kaiserin. She could do what she wanted! An ultimate power beside her Kaiser, she felt no wound and heard no ridicule. Her head was in the clouds and she cared not about what could bring her down, only about what could bring her higher. Perhaps that was her vice, but it was also her ultimate virtue.

Xieri followed in silence behind Uraka, stopping at the entrance to her hut as she went in to search for string. He lingered outside, not wanting to intrude. He was there only to get the string and leave. He was taking a bit by surprise when the spool of string came his way, fumbling slightly to catch it. He managed to keep it from falling to the earth, pulling it close to himself. The other didn't seem to care much for his small plight, distracted by the polished stone once again. "I am glad you like it," he said softly. "But I am afraid I cannot give you anymore than that." He didn't have any on his person at the given time.

Bowing sightly, Xieri tucked the string into a pocket. "Thank you for the string. I will be off on my way, then." He turned away, walking from the hut and towards the path to lead back home. Uraka seemed to be in a fickle mood; it was best not to wait too long to see if she would explode or not.

Remy continued to pull the deer until he deemed it safe to transform. As his paws hit the ground he noticed tracks similar to his but the direction was differant compared to his own. He looked at the dead deer then back to the tracks torn between saftey and food to curiosity of who else is in the area with him. Remy sits on his haunches knowing that if he leaves the deer something will take it and going around in hybrid form is dangerous at the boarder. Sadly cutiosity won the battle as he started following the tracks but, not before he ripped off a leg from the carcass and buried it. Just in case something did decide to take his kill while he was gone.

Tahon smiled as Rei leapt into the air. He beater his wings and dove down to the earth, finding himself in a small valley with rushing water. He dove down a bit more and skimmed the water, his wings tucked in close. If he unfurled them, he could loose his balance and fall face first into the water. He knew how to swim, but dragons had this natural tendency of despising water. He raised his head and looked for his mate, clicking at her. He was calling for her. Usually he just called her name, but it was something that they were at long distance.

Uraka raised her head and frowned as Xieri was leaving. "Leaving already?" she asked, walking up to him. She set her hands on her hips and frowned deeply. "Are you coming to the spring mating ceremony? You should. You're going to grow old in that dusty cave of yours. And you need someone to keep you company. And you have to have children... Before you dry out, you know." she grinned crookedly. She was teasing him, bothering him. "Do you even come to the full moon meetings?"

"Do you throw yourself on spikes too? Just because 'you felt like it'?" She snapped. What fools were she lumped in with? She shook her head and started to walk away. The last thing she wanted him to do was ask exactly why she was here. It would be embarrassing to say the reason. She wanted to meet up with someone. They hadn't shown up so far, but there was still hope. "Get away from the border before someone comes and kills you."

The she wolf was saying to get away from the border. Connor straightened and snarled at her. "... You can't tell me what to do." Connor said. He lifted a leg and marked the tree. "Why are you here, by the way?"

[Gonna go to Staples.]

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Xieri paused in his stride, turning his eyes to Uraka. She had walked up to him, hands on her hips and giving him a rather disapproving look. She drove straight to the point, asking him if he was even coming to the traditional spring mating ceremony. It was obvious that she was pushing all his buttons, trying to annoy him. He just smiled meekly down at her. "I will once you find a mate of your own," he said. It was common knowledge that Uraka was rude, rowdy, and would probably never find someone to tolerate her long enough to be a mate to her. Turning her own tricks on her at least protected him from saying why he never had a mate of his own. It was something he wasn't too keen on sharing, at least to her. "I do go the meetings...sometimes. I would rather prefer searching for ingredients and shiny stones than to bother others in their antics." Xieri turned away from her slightly, leaning on his staff. "In any case, I should get going. Unless there's anything else you need to prod me with."

Uraka fumed internally when Xieri spoke to her. When she got a mate? When he trned to leave, she stepped in front of him and crossed her arms. Her dark blue eyes sparked with a lightning. "Tahon wants you stay tonight." she said, angrily. "He says that, since you're the only true healer here, that the spring ceremonies get violent at times. Two men fighting for the same girl could kill each other over her. You need to be here to patch up the wounds."

[Put moren info on the second post.]

Xieri was stopped yet again, Uraka seeming quite furious. Well, maybe he was a bit harsh on the mate thing... Then she pulled the news of Tahon wanting him to stay, which brought out a small sigh. Xieri knew he was going to get looped into doing patching work during the ceremony. It was sickening to see two grown men squabble like children over a female. But, his job was demanded, and he could not refuse. "Alright," he caved in, shaking his head slightly. "But I must go back to retrieve my supplies. I promise I will be back in time for the ceremony to keep the idiots from bleeding to death." Running his fingers through his bright hair, Xieri gazed down at her. "May I pass, now? You have my word that I will return."

(( I don't mind I just want Remy to meet up with the other Hybrids first which he will in this post. ))

Remy walked cautiously following the tracks he noticed earlier, quickly finding two other hybrids like himself. Tilting his head Remy reconizes both of them from when he was off hunting or exploring. He normally stays away from them not wanting to get into some unessisary fights. When the male lifted his leg on a tree Remy could only shake his head and decideds to reveal himself padding over to the two slowly. "Well it seems I am not the only one at the boarder today." He states looking at the other two cautiously.

When Somni got back to her hut she picked up the handle and pored the slow sap into the slot on it. When she finished, she got the blade from her old handle and pushed it into the slot and watched the extra sap ooze out. She wiped the extra sap off with a scrap of cloth. There she thought setting it on a stool. Looking into the bowl she saw she had a lot of sap left over. hmmm I wonder if someone could use this. I don't want to waist it. Edited by Flamma

[We can keep the hybrids in a time bubble. ^^

Someone start the celebrations, please?]

Epsilon went to a kneel in front of her tree. It was like any other tree in the Flame wood, but there was a stump in front of it filled with little carvings of wolves and people. They actually sat all around the clearing, guarding it like a sacred shrine. In her arms she cradled three new ones. Gently, she placed them on the stump, bowed her head, and crossed her arms over her chest. What was she supposed to say? She was silent for a few minutes as she listened to the birds preparing for their own mating festival. The event was making her nervous and Epsilon was very seldom nervous. "Dmitar..." she said. "I very seldom call upon you for guidance but I need you most in the mating season..." she looked to the male statuette standing in the middle of the three. She had carved him in human form today instead of wolf. Today needed an important prayer. "I realize that the gods have bestowed me with wonderful powers. I hunt well, I am an excellent craftsman, my skills with herbs are better than most of the others in the tribe, and my voice is perhaps unparalleled in the entirety of the forest..."

She took a deep breath. Her body was shaking now from the anxiety of it all. She was getting old. She needed a mate this year. The urges were nearly uncontrollable now and she needed to leave her mark soon lest her body not accept a child in later years. "I would like very much to tell you that the men of our family interest me and it's simply me who needs to extend effort, but no male has shown anything I can respect. Please direct your divine guidance into me so that I know who I am meant to be with. I thank you and your sisters for hearing me and I hope my meager offerings please you." She stood and took a small pouch from her side and dipped her finger into it. When she withdrew her hand, the finger was covered in a black powder. She ran it over the top of the figurine's head and then down her own. If nothing else then she could at least display herself this year. Perhaps things might sort themselves in time.

She went back to the village sporting her headdress, necklace, and finest clothing. These consisted of furs from the white fox, a trademark and heirloom of her family. Her mother had worn these when she met her father. A top, skirt, and bracers with beading and red feathers. The clothing felt so gaudy, so unnecessary, but she had to display herself. She had to find someone this year. She just hoped nobody thought strangely of her for the fact that she had never done this before. Well, she had when she was first eligible. Her mother had made her go the first year and she found herself entirely disgusted with the male breed. However, perhaps as a mature lady she would think differently. After all, she had stayed away from the festivities for such a long time that plenty of other males had their chance to rise up. She went to the center of the festivities where many people had already shown up to watch the men fight. She pushed quietly to the front and took a seat, scrutinizing those around her.

It was finally here.

Stern walked out, in human form, wearing her regular dress. It was fancy enough for her to wear during a celebration. She couldn't help but smile, something she rarely does. Ice Queen, smile? Ha! Then she went back to a stoic face as a pup ran by. She shyly looked around as she transformed into her wolf form.

"Might as well humor them..." She went to join the pups in play.

Raven came back to camp after patrolling the surrounding woods on her own, wondering where Rakion was. She figured that she might spot him later as she went to her hut to put her weapons up. It was almost time for the spring mating ceremony and she didn't want to be late to it. Not that she would be but sometimes she was late to things even if she didn't mean to be. She sat on her bed for a few minutes and sighed, wondering if the object of her affection would notice her at all. She then sighed again a few minutes later, shook her head, and then headed to the clearing after dressing in an ice-blue silk dress. Upon arriving there she headed towards where the males fought and the girls watched, sitting next to Epsilon who had just arrived as well.

Edited by Dragonpelt

It was one of those times again where the females and males were both rowdy. Rakion stood straight as he watched the younger males fight. Some of them were fighting in their turned forms. They growled and snarled and bit. Others fought in their human forms, their stone, obsidian, and bone blades biting into their flesh and spraying blood over the ground. Some lycans actually died in this ceremony, but not him. Rakion tightened his fingers around the wooden railings of the fighting ring. His wolf pelt was still hanging from his head, the fangs of the dead creature curling over his brows.

Sita was watching from the distance, a small basket of fireflies in her hands. She hummed and watched as the younger men went at each other, hissing, barking, snarling and kicking. Wolves stalked around the clearing. Some of them laid down and licked at each other, grooming their fur. Sita was in her human form, her clothes made of a white deer that Javon caught for her. It was very pretty. She had no reason to worry. She had a mate, but it was still fun to see the other fight.

The mountain's camp was filled with music and voices. The sound of harps and lyres and lutes and flutes filled one's ears. It was interesting, the flame that lit the area. At least, Tahon thought so. He was in his human form, his arms crossed as he looked over the area. Where was his mate..?

Unlike Tahon, Uraka was in her dragon from. She was laid on her side, her tail twitching as she saw the men quarrel amongst themselves. Others played music and wooed women. Some of the men were in their dragon forms and flew around, breathing fire into various shapes and forms. Dragons usually breathed fire a bit darker than their scale color. That's what made the sky so colorful. A man walked up to her playing a lute. He started to sing about her scales as red as sunset, and gaze as blue as the sky. Uraka snarled and hissed at him, sending him on his way.

Connor was also in his human form. He was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed.

Epsilon payed no mind to Raven other than a slight irritated feeling when she sat down. She had a larger personal bubble than most. She had not calmed down at all about this. Already the men were showing off as a preliminary to the competition. She could see a few eyes turned towards her. She turned her gaze away from them nervously. The beating of the drums nearby only served to quicken the pace of her heart. Drums, flutes, talking, strutting, sweating, shaking. This was bad. She swallowed a lump in her throat and closed her eyes, meditating.

Epsilon snapped to attention when the fighting began. It had been a long time since she'd payed attention to men. The drums made her excited now and made every moment filled to the brim with tension. The blood repulsee her and she closed her eyes. She looked up later to see Rakion. He caught her curiousity right away. He was one of the few people in the tribe with a strange appearance in some ways. He was also winning fights. She grimaced at the sight of the blood. Watching this went against all of her primal instincts. Still, she watched him intently with her piercing grey eyes.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Dre hurried to her small hut, rummaging through her belongings. Almost time for the ceremony!, she thought with an excited air. Dre laced her long, thin fingers through the fabric of one of her most precious belongings, her flowing crimson dress. She slipped into it quietly, then went threw her glinting pieces of jewelry. Dre chose some red cardinal tail-feather earrings along with a ruby gem necklace to match her long, floor-brushing dress. Finally, she combed her fingers through her wavy hazel hair and slid her trusty obsidian blade through her deer-skin belt, just in case of an emergency. Dre stepped put of her hut, involuntarily smoothing the wrinkles out of her dress.

Dre arrived at the gathering of the ceremony, catching bloody glimpses of the fighting males. She lifted her chin and straightened her posture, taking her place beside Rakion, Raven, and Epsilon. "Hey," Dre murmured in greeting, fidgeting with her earrings. She turned her bright golden-amber gaze on the fighting, blushing furiously when the men laid their eyes on her. Oh, get a grip on the already!, she silently chastised herself.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Xieri never really liked the spring ceremonies. The males showed off their strength and creativity, hoping to woo whichever female they could get their hands on. They bickered and fought with each other, trying to claim the same prize. The clashing of hormones only led to blood and wounds, leaving this draykan to clean up their mess to keep them from getting infected or dying.

Xieri let out a quiet sigh, putting the final knot on the bandage around one man's shoulder. The male had lost one fight from a terrible bite, but he was already eager to jump back into the fray, which he did as soon as the sole healer allowed him to go.

Sitting back, Xieri folded his arms over his chest, his eyes gazing about. Some were in human form, others preferred to take it to their dragon bodies. He was stuck in his two legged form- after all, he couldn't patch people up if he had claws. It was going to be a long night, though, judging from the fact that the ceremony barely started and there were already nine casualties he had to wrap up. It disturbed him how violent they could get. Couldn't they all just do things peacefully? But he knew his dreams were far detached from reality. It was something he had long since accepted.