TJ09

Forum Usage Survey

This just made me officially notice the "Archive Messages" area. rolleyes.gif

lol, same here tongue.gif

filled it out yesterday, hope I understood everything correctly^^

You can view your post number by viewing your profile. Just click on your name at the top of the page where it says 'logged in as:'.

Filled it out. Some little improvements are possible. And sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand it.

you know, i didn't think of this when i filled it out. but it would be nice if there was a way to change image size. shrink some of the larger images down a little, i often like to use gifs(or png) to express one thing or another, but sometimes the image is bigger than you want.

All filled out and submitted.

And, just for everyone's info, your cumulative post count shows in your user profile. You don't need to post to find it out. It appears right under your username. wink.gif

I just realized I want a feature that I don't think we have. When we post in a thread we get emails of EVERY post after that. Is there a way to ONLY get notifications if someone quote's you? I can't find anything on it.

I just realized I want a feature that I don't think we have. When we post in a thread we get emails of EVERY post after that. Is there a way to ONLY get notifications if someone quote's you? I can't find anything on it.

Huge support on this.

I just realized I want a feature that I don't think we have.  When we post in a thread we get emails of EVERY post after that.  Is there a way to ONLY get notifications if someone quote's you?  I can't find anything on it.

There's a setting to turn this off. It's under email settings. Just uncheck "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" (:

There's a setting to turn this off. It's under email settings. Just uncheck "Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" (:

That would work, but does it send you an email then when someone quotes you? I'm not too sure about that...

Filled it out, though my number of posts is lower than it should be since I delete extraneous posts (like trade posts that are no long valid). Emptying my inbox, even with the additional space is almost impossible. Haha

I'm inclined to agree with this... wouldn't it be better to look at the Suggestions/Requests forum to see what features the current forum software is missing that users feel should be available? As well as to gather opinions. This is why I think it's silly to do a survey; just look in the S/R forum.

I can see why someone has a problem with this because of the above. There wouldn't be a need for this survey for the reasons Grox mentioned in his initial post.

My thoughts on this are that generally people make suggestions when they are unhappy with something or feel that something is missing or needs to be changed.

People who are happy with the way things are can't go to the Suggestion area to post that they don't want changes, since that would be off-topic, and it wouldn't even occur to anyone that they had to post anywhere that they are OK with things the way they are.

As useful as Suggestion Areas are, they are biased toward those who want things changes. When changes are made based only on Suggestions that have been posted by those who want change, those who were OK with the way things were are suddenly surprised and sometimes very much unhappy with the change, especially as they are generally not asked for their opinion on a change before it is made.

With a survey, everyone is encouraged to contribute, even if they are happy with the way things are, and really, this survey wasn't all that long or complicated.

Edited by bantymom

Yes but it won't tell you if someone quotes you. ohmy.gif\

Filled out I hoped I helped. smile.gif