TJ09

Forum Usage Survey

Finished! biggrin.gif Imo, pretty much everything's fine as it is, though there are some really tiny things which could still be improved.

Finished, although i'm not sure if my comments are going to make much sense. I wasn't meaning to be vague, but I couldn't seem to think what exactly I was trying to say.

Ack, larger avatars. I was going to suggest the ability to upload larger avatars and I forgot.

Edited by MysticTiger

I took it and if the forum software does get updated/changed I'm glad that we got to do this. There are some big things I'd like that get mentioned a lot around here so I'm sure that they've already been noted, but there are also some minor things that would make forum using much smoother for me but I've never really bothered to bring them up anywhere.

I think that is probably going to be one of the ways that the survey comes in most handy - because we're all aware of the larger issues, but this can shed light on a lot of the overlooked and under-mentioned issues that, when taken together and addressed, could very well have a larger impact on the forum experience then the individual parts would lead one to believe.

Finished! Generally, my response is that 'I like the current forum software, although minor changes can be done.' I really, really like that you're doing this, TJ.

I completed my survey and for any who dose not know what interface means just look it up online or in your dictionary but if your too young to understand what it means ask your parents. Thank you TJ for asking us for our feed back.

Seems like a highly useless survey by staff who are obviously completely out of touch with the majority of members, otherwise there would be no need for this.

It appears you have a problem with staff collecting user input? Perhaps you would prefer sending us a pm? Feel free to pm a mod anytime you have a question or a problem.

Never submit passwords through Google Forms.

Omg TJ wtf y are u asking for my password through Google Forms, look it's telling me not to listen to u omg I can't trust anyone anymore.

Oh, and the "how often do you receive a PM?" question needed a forever alone option. =o

Finished, although i'm not sure if my comments are going to make much sense. I wasn't meaning to be vague, but I couldn't seem to think what exactly I was trying to say.

Ack, larger avatars. I was going to suggest the ability to upload larger avatars and I forgot.

Your post just reminded me that I'd like extended signatures...so I forgot something too.

Have fun reading all those TJ. I'm sure there will be some pretty eloquent comments.

I submitted my survey, and I am happy that TJ is taking more feedback from the community. I raised a few things which could be improved, but overall am pretty happy with the forums at the moment. Hopefully the forums can get better though with the comments from all the community.

I'm curios how many people will take the survey. Would love it if TJ told us afterwards

I would like to see the results of the survey afterwards also. I'm curious as to what people wrote down in the free-form boxes.

I would like to see the results of the survey afterwards also. I'm curious as to what people wrote down in the free-form boxes.

But what exactly would we do with the information? It's not like we can do anything with it; only observe.

I'm trying to hit on everything in my end thoughts section.

I'd like larger avatars, a larger sig CHARACTER limit, a separate, collapsible "Breeding inf'o" box, a spot for a scroll link included in the profile, more "color" themes besides Blue and Red (namely Purple, Yellow, and Grey), rich text capabilities (A toggle in the posting interface could switch between a rich text editor and a BBCode editor), SPOILER TAGS, SPOILER TAGS, SPOILER TAGS, the ability for regular users to submit work to the forum avatar gallery. The cursor jumping to the front of the text when using the BBCODE buttons needs to change. There should be a strikethrough button and more color choices in the color drop-down menu, and a "custom color" menu should be available, too.

CC and BCC NEED to be PM options.

Custom boxes in the profile would be cool. Like I could title one "My  Adoptables" and stick stuff in there, and one could be "People I'd Like to Thank", etc.

Positioning tags (center, right, left align) would be really great.

Could we have the forums auto-resize things as well? (i.e.- for things that stretch the page, could the forums auto-resize them? I've seen it done.)

Very basic format buttons (b, I, U, s) on the Fast Reply box would be nice.

More gender symbol options please? There are so many people of differing genders on here, I think it would be great for them to have an accurate depiction of their gender.

An option for a pop-up window to appear whenever a new news topic is posted, much like the PM notice pop-up, would be really convenient. (I didn't notice this topic until Lagie pointed it out in CPA)

Could we have a link to the chat? It's rather a hassle to go through and find a mod's signature when one needs to access the chat. I finally bookmarked it because I got fed up with hunting for staff.

Just a notice, watch the thread, and take a good, hard look at all of the forum suggestions in Suggestions/Requests.

Am I missing anything?

Your post just reminded me that I'd like extended signatures...so I forgot something too.

Have fun reading all those TJ. I'm sure there will be some pretty eloquent comments.

Signatures larger than we have now blink.gif

Please no. Some are already massive and it takes forever to scroll down the page. I'd LOVE a size limit on the images in them, actually.

And the same goes for avatars. So many forums now allow such big ones I turn images off.... Forums are places to talk, not to show off massive images (unless we are looking at dragon designs.)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Please no. Some are already massive and it takes forever to scroll down the page. I'd LOVE a size limit on the images in them, actually.

And the same goes for avatars. So many forums now allow such big ones I turn images off.... Forums are places to talk, not to show off massive images (unless we are looking at dragon designs.)

I actually agree with this. If you want a bigger signature than the limit, then it's simply not a signature. It's a big block of text/images/whatever. Things can be easily put into profiles or even compiled into one easy-to-view image.

Although I don't even know if this is the place to discuss things like this. unsure.gif

I find that what we have now is sufficient for me, although I forgot to mention fast reply BB code buttons, spoiler/strikethrough buttons and alignment (things that Spelunker has already mentioned). I'm so forgetful. D:

I'm on a forum where the siggies are a certail size, and if you put something in it that is larger than the default size, the siggy gets a scrolling bar on it. This way people can have as much as they want it the signature, and others can scroll down in the box to see everything. Also the siggies can have spoilers in them. Very useful.

I'm on a forum where the siggies are a certail size, and if you put something in it that is larger than the default size, the siggy gets a scrolling bar on it. This way people can have as much as they want it the signature, and others can scroll down in the box to see everything. Also the siggies can have spoilers in them. Very useful.

As interesting a concept as that is, blocks that big belong in a separate spreadsheet or document.

I think the current limit for signatures is fine. I'm on another forum where the limit is so much bigger and it's awful! I had to turn off signatures...

I browse the forum with images turned off most of the time, since many posts are already heavily loaded with images, and it chews through my bandwidth usage for the month. If I want to check someone sig or Avatar, I simply click on their profile.

Many links to tinypics (almost all of these) or photobucket (maybe half) don't seem to work anyway, so they just waste my time.

Many links to tinypics (almost all of these) or photobucket (maybe half) don't seem to work anyway, so they just waste my time.

Hmm. I wonder what causes that, and if it's just you.

Spoiler tags will fix image problems, just so you know, guys. so the sig length argument is a moot point.

Hmm. I wonder what causes that, and if it's just you.

It may be something in the Anti-Virus program, but there is nothing life changing in the inability to use these links, since there are always plenty of trades that simply use the regular teleport links.