TJ09

Forum Usage Survey

On it and almost ready to submit! (I couldn't remember how many posts I had so I figured this was a good time to post. Ha!! )

Took it. It was a little hard for me to choose my PM/post frequency but hopefully every result counts. :]

Seems like a highly useless survey by staff who are obviously completely out of touch with the majority of members, otherwise there would be no need for this.

How can you prove who is and isn't an adult ? That can never work.

I am 68. But how do you know I am telling the truth ? AM I ?

You can't, and most forums don't care enough to check. They trust you by your birth date. And of course you could be lying, but who cares?

My friend says they are filling it out now as they had glitchs. :3 (So happy I dont have problems, I hope this helps make DC better.xd.png)

Thank you very much TJ for taking the time to ask the users! I used the oportunity to give feedback as well smile.gif

Filled out and submitted! It's been a while since I have filled out a survey for either here or the main site. Hope it helps!

Seems like a highly useless survey by staff who are obviously completely out of touch with the majority of members, otherwise there would be no need for this.

I'm not quite sure why staff has to be "completely out of touch etc..." to ask for feedback/problems/suggestions of forum software. This isn't a forum standing alone, with running its technical side being the main job of the admins, it's a means to an end, offering a platform for the users of the "really relevant" thing - DC. So I can imagine that when online the admins aren't concentrating on what forum features are used in what ways, but on the things the users have to say about, well, the really relevant thing.

If it'll prove usefull I have no idea, guess that depends on the technical possibilities to change whatever the survey brings up that needs to be changed.

That said, I finished mine.

I'm just curious - why is there the question if I use the (forgot the correct words) "custom title" in my profile ? I thought most users just can't use it, if they liked to or not.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Did mine. I do wish that many of the "What do you like...?" / "What don't you like...?" sections were optional - I just don't have stronge feelings about most of the things being asked about.

The only issue I feel *really* strongly about is this: Can we PLEASE have the ability to cc people in PMs? I often offer one egg to multiple people, and I wish I could just write one message and send it to all of them at once; rather than having to copy-paste it half a dozen times or more. That's my ***only*** gripe about the forums.

Did the best I could with mine, there were a few things that I had to figure out what they meant, but other than that a good survey. biggrin.gif Thank You TJ for asking us what we think. biggrin.gif

Edited by majors

Have filled it out! I'm sure I'll remember a bunch of stuff I wish I'd added later, but I think I covered the essentials, at least. XD

Friend hasnt placed DC for a bit but I remembered them saying they had glitchs, told them and they filled it out. :3 Hoping all this will help DC be a better place. :3 (Even though I never ran ito any weird glitchs. O_o)

I agree that the survey could be a lot more concise, but this has nothing to do with staff or being in touch, but just simply that tj never learned how to formulate the q&a properly.

You dont learn how to formulate good polls/surveys when studying computer science, but a lot of the time I wonder, if thats not a failure wink.gif

The survey was so long...But it's all worth it to give my opinion of things!

I finished mine a little while ago. There was something I wanted to add but I completely forgot until a few mins after I had submitted. Ah well.